Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Knights of X Quest for the Holy Grail

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Flapflop

Knights of X Quest for the Holy Grail

Post by Flapflop » 13 Jan 2022, 20:08

Knights of X potential going to be epic

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ ... mutantkind
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Blackcyclops

Re: Knights of X Quest for the Holy Grail

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jan 2022, 20:10

I love it all lol
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 13 Jan 2022, 20:19

This seems pretty cool. Captain Britain and the Search for the Holy Grail! I like the line up and wonder who the two mystery mutants of the Round Table are. If I had to guess right now I'd say Pete Wisdom will be one of them. Curious that Jubilee isn't there but Shogo is. Maybe Jubilee gets captured and rescuing her is part of the plot.
Current Pull List
X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, SWORD, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jan 2022, 20:51

Now that it isn’t called Excalibur, the “not enough British mutants” contingent can simmer down alittle bit lol

Captain Britain, Gloriana, Gambit, Rictor, Shatterstar, Prestige, Bei and Shogo-dragon is actually a really powerful lineup. I mean there’s like 3 people (at least) who can beat like most people in a hand-to-hand fight (Betsy, Remy and Shattybuns), a former PF host,one of Arakko’s best, and two very powerful but underrated mutants in Rictor and Meggan…oh and Shogo’s fire literal burns through dimensions.

I’d say outside of the QC and maybe the X-Men, I can’t see another books members beating this team in a fight. On top of that, they’ve grown stronger over time as a team, Shattybuns and Rictor just like Betsy and Gambit are super familiar with each other on teams too.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Jan 2022, 13:00

I must admit, I hate Betsy as Captain Britain. In fact, I hate as "Britsy" too, but that's because she was Asian Psylocke for so long (and Brian will always be Captain Britain to me), but it's an interesting line-up.

What'd make this even better is if Rach drops that god-awful codename (and costume too - no point having the X-Factor logo if she's not on it if that team's kaput).

Feel Jubes definitely should be a part of this though.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 14 Jan 2022, 13:05

Jubilee probably is here. She’s probably just stood in the background like most of the recent Excalibur series.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Jan 2022, 13:41

I can understand (while disagreeing) with not being a fan if Betsy as Cap Britain. But her no longer being Asian is prolly the best thing that’s happened for her in ages.
-Cly

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Jan 2022, 13:44

It looks like Rachel’s costume is different on the other poster. In fact everyone’s costume looks alittle different on the other cover…I wonder which one is accurate?
-Cly

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 14 Jan 2022, 14:01

Perhaps both? We’ve seen that there’s differences in most costumes between Krakoa and Otherworld 🤷‍♂️

I’m kinda hyped for this ❤️❤️❤️
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Jan 2022, 14:19

Hey Fantasy/D&D fans, what role would you put the team into?

Rictor is the mage I know and Betsy is the Knight?
-Cly

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Jan 2022, 15:00

Captain Britain - Paladin
Gambit - Rogue (lol)
Shatterstar - Fighter
Bei - Ranger/Barbarian
Rictor - Druid (Nature)/Sorcerer (Bloodline)
Meggan - Druid (Nature, Animal)/Sorcerer (Fey)
Rachel - Wizard /Warlock (Phoenix)

The first three seem the most straightforward. Holy Knight Betsy is definitely a Paladin. Gambit is a rogue because of course. Shatterstar is your basic fighter. It gets a little more complicated after that. Bei could be considered a Ranger because of her innate hunting skills, or a Barbarian due to her size and the whole 'living on the outskirts of society' thing. Rictor and Meggan could both easily be considered Druids or Sorcerers. Druids are nature magic, which is exactly what Rictor's earth powers are, but they're also apprarently driven from a bloodline, which could make him a Sorcerer. Meggan also controls nature in the four elements and she can shapeshift into animal-like forms, which is a Druid through and through, but she also has Fey blood, so she might actually be a Sorcerer as well. Rachel could be considered a Warlock due to her connection the Phoenix. Otherwise, I'd probably stick telepaths/telekinetics in the Wizard category since they're the brainiest magic class (also, only Wizards and Sorcerers can cast Telekinesis and Telepathy is a Wizard only spell).
Last edited by EphemeristX on 14 Jan 2022, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
I feel like dynamite, I feel like dying tonight
Just give me a taste, let it be locust-laced

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Jan 2022, 15:07

That was the sexiest thing I’ve read on this board in awhile…not since NuD did one of his legal briefs in Limbo.
-Cly

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 15 Jan 2022, 09:22

Blackcyclops wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 13:41
I can understand (while disagreeing) with not being a fan if Betsy as Cap Britain. But her no longer being Asian is prolly the best thing that’s happened for her in ages.
I think if she was Britsy but pre-Siege Perilous in the purple body armour and hooded cape, then yes(an under-rated look for me, this one). I did not like the costume she wore that had the lilac, purple amd black combination when she came back in her original body, and her Captain Britain look isn't great either. It just doesn't feel very her at all.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Jan 2022, 10:41

Has anyone determined if Bei is pronounced "Bay" or "Bi"?
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Jan 2022, 10:47

It's gotta be Bay, right? Otherwise my Bae the Bloodmoon jokes no longer work, and I can't have that.
I feel like dynamite, I feel like dying tonight
Just give me a taste, let it be locust-laced

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Jan 2022, 13:29

EphemeristX wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 10:47
It's gotta be Bay, right? Otherwise my Bae the Bloodmoon jokes no longer work, and I can't have that.
That’s literally all I’ve been saying lol
-Cly

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 15 Jan 2022, 15:23

tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 10:41
Has anyone determined if Bei is pronounced "Bay" or "Bi"?
It's not pronounced like Bea Arthur?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 16 Jan 2022, 00:48

If it's like "Mei" from Overwatch it's pronounced like May.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Jan 2022, 14:44

I’ve been pronouncing it “Gladys”.

Am I wrong?
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section