Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The Next Era of X-Men Starts in 2022

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Blackcyclops

The Next Era of X-Men Starts in 2022

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Nov 2021, 20:48

LETS GO!!!!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/news/ ... -xmen-era/

Please let’s not say that “they’re undoing Hickman” anymore lol…
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Gremlin

Re: The Next Era of X-Men Starts in 2022

Post by Gremlin » 23 Nov 2021, 22:22

Yeah it seems they are building on Hickman’s Krakoa. Looking forward to this. There have been some hits and misses with the Dawn of X titles but I have enjoyed the general direction things have gone in.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

SMidnite

Post by SMidnite » 24 Nov 2021, 07:28

Things will be looking up once we get past Wolverine.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 24 Nov 2021, 09:57

Blackcyclops wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 20:48
LETS GO!!!!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/news/ ... -xmen-era/

Please let’s not say that “they’re undoing Hickman” anymore lol…
Ok they are not undoing. But didn't Hickman say one of the reasons he is leaving was because he wanted to go quicker to the third act after Dawn of X and Reign of X but Marvel and his co-writers didn't? And now they are going to the third act anyway, just months after he leaves. Its strange at least.
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Nov 2021, 10:37

They're clearly not, though. Seems to me like they're writing in a way to stay in act one/two indefinitely.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Nov 2021, 12:39

Exactly EphX…DoX didn’t even feel like a second act since overall the status quo hasn’t changed. If Inferno does change things then this new series just seems to be the next step, not some type of end game.

I just don’t understand the mentality honestly, like not to be rude or mean, of never being able to just enjoy something in the moment without wondering (usually negatively) about what’s next. Like #1 page one comes out and the first response is some grand conspiracy or theory about why someone screwed over some writer or something and <insert rage>. Like how can you ever enjoy anything?
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 24 Nov 2021, 13:44

Let's all just agree that no they aren't doing away with Hickman's stuff, and yes maybe Hickman moved on(for now?) due to the fact that this new age of X-Men has been a giant creative success and they decided "Let's stay here for a bit and explore it's potential" That's all good stuff and a part of the collaborative and ever evolving process that is comics.

Anyway...Yay, Destiny of X sounds exciting. I hope Moira is still involved. There is so much untapped potential. And I hope Destiny also gets a big show her(I imagine she would, with that title!)

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 24 Nov 2021, 14:04

XtremeOne1 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 13:44
Anyway...Yay, Destiny of X sounds exciting. I hope Moira is still involved. There is so much untapped potential. And I hope Destiny also gets a big show her(I imagine she would, with that title!)
I hope shes not, but I think the odds are big that Moira is out after Inferno
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 29 Nov 2021, 11:05

I doubt it very much think Moira will remain but somehow take out Charles/Magneto from the QC and replace them with Emma and some other people as a punishment for letting Destiny be resurrected and failing to get rid of Nimrod like 100+ times bit ridiculous really.

Moira is the center piece of Hickman's entire run and I strongly suspect he has future plans which Marvel will change/carry on although I do think at the end of Inferno we will have a big reveal she is not what she appears.

Not going to say started of enjoying/understanding his run or found his writing style good enough (X of Swords was dreadful) but yeah think it has paid of and will lead to better things.

I Don't think they will retcon the entire series like Morrison's run but maybe slowly dismantle parts that do not work.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » Today, 05:12

I don’t think we can conclude much of anything from this, except that Destiny plays a key role in establishing the next status quo.

They didn’t entirely retcon Morrison’s stories out, but things rapidly drifted back to the familiar spandex styles after he left.This preview doesn’t assure me that the same isn’t in the cards for Krakoa.

On the one hand, for all we know, Moira X will die and we’ll wake up in Westchester in May 2022. Full reboot for everyone except Destiny herself. Just because Destiny remembers Krakoa and rejects Moira X’s theory of history, doesn’t mean we’re guaranteed a continuation from the Krakoa era.

Or it could just subtly drift back to more conventional superheroics. The core titles might follow casts who have left Krakoa, and eventually Krakoa becomes a place like Genosha, where characters are stowed until needed for a story. A few retcons here and there restore some characters to usability. And by May 2023 we’re looking back and thinking that yes, they “undid” Hickman even without retconning it, just like they did for Morrison.

It could be that this is the “third act” Hickman had in mind. But it could also be that it’s a third act in a different direction, delaying his plot to a fourth or fifth act or even bumping it altogether. Or maybe this is just the start of the second act, and he wanted to move faster.

But the one thing I would speculate from this is that Moira’s off the table as a major player. The quote rejects Moira’s view of history—the basis for the birth of the Krakoan era—in favor of Destiny’s. We’ve been told over and over that they’re incompatible. If Moira’s still around she’s in exile and/or out of power. The promo suggests that Destiny’s view of history is ascendant for this next act, and therefore Moira is in retreat or defeated.
He/him/his