Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Hellions #1 Preview

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
InsipidLust

Re: Hellions #1 Preview

Post by InsipidLust » 23 Mar 2020, 18:50

I think it's also worth noting that we still haven't seen a lot of these interactions up close just yet (although as time passes, more and more of the things that we decry as "not happening" end up being addressed, so I'm maybe a little willing to wait out).

BC also brings up a good point—minority forgiveness or patience for certain atrocities is a common sociological occurrence. There are lots of reasons for it, including a desire for assimilation, pursuit of a greater good, a desire to put trauma or the labor of addressing it aside, etc.

That said, I've no doubt that at some point we'll get a better understanding of how some of these dynamics actually work. This Hellions book, for example, appears to be an attempt at doing some of that. New Mutants touched on something similar in its most recent issue as well.

And yeah, I didn't say that NONE of the mutant villains were just pricks for the sake of it. I'm willing to wager that the majority of them weren't, though. We may not have liked their tactics or their tone but a lot of mutant bad guys were just revolutionaries who were also kind of assholes.

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion, but even if I don't like their tactics, a lot of times I can't help but think about the circumstances which drive revolutionaries to their acts. It's easy for the X-Men to preach peaceful coexistence from the comfort of a mansion wherein a good fraction of their number are fabulously wealthy, beautiful and powerful beyond conventional comparison. Where does that leave the most oppressed? What impact does that have on the psychology and negotiating cards available to the most oppressed?

Sebastian Shaw is a prick for its own sake in many ways (well, mainly, he just wants to be very rich, which is the same reason why a lot of American industrialists are also giant pricks)... The Mutant Liberation Front, on the other hand, were assholes in a system that pretty much pushed mutants on the margin to violence and then was shocked that their violence was answered in kind.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Mar 2020, 20:16

Another important thing to note here is that this is a nation now, not a team or a family or a school. For better or worse, every mutant is now a part of it, even the jerks. It's definitely sobering to see so many villains just casually hanging out with the regular crew, but what can they do? They made an example out of Sabretooth -- they can't just convict and sentence everybody for crimes they did before this nation existed. The only real way to do that is to give everyone a fresh start (and enough rope to hang themselves with when the time comes). Once the euphoria of orgy island wears off, I imagine we'll see some of these guys return to villainy and Krakoa as a nation will have to deal with it.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 23 Mar 2020, 20:31

Well heres another point what if you were say a Morlock who was brutally murdered by Scalphunter then get resurrected in what you think to be heaven for mutants only to one day bump into him at the bar? what would you do? say? or would you run away in fear?

I can't reconcile what they did to Sabretooth it was unfair he was only defending himself and the humans he murdered did try to kill him first. Xavier knew he would kill people he belongs on X-Force or in attempted rehabilitation (Wolverine style mindwipe).

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Mar 2020, 20:45

Get a restraining order? Victims of crimes run into their perpetrators after the fact in the real world too. The good thing is, they probably don't have any actual traumatic memories of being killed since they were likely rebooted from a point before the attacks happened. Not having an emotional connection to the event would likely make living alongside eachother easier.

Sabretooth killed those men because he wanted to. It was commented on by Mystique as it happens.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 23 Mar 2020, 20:54

Don't bother explaining things that are actually stated in an issue. Chances are chris read the issue but is deliberately ignoring it's content. :D

I mean, here he is making a case how any of Scalphunter's victims from the Mutant Massacre would feel if they were to run into him, and yet Sabretooth - who killed as many Morlocks during that Massacre if not more - is being treated unfairly ? :roll:
[PL_2.0]

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Mar 2020, 14:45

You know we always talk about Polaris but Havok has been a “bad” guy prolly just as Many times as she has...
-Erik the Red brainwashing
-X-Tinction Agenda
-Inferno
-Dark Beast brainwashing
-Axis

And I don’t care what anybody says, Havok’s two best costumes are his first 90s look with the jacket and his Brotherhood look with the all black lol
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 24 Mar 2020, 15:30

Blackcyclops wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 14:45
And I don’t care what anybody says, Havok’s two best costumes are his first 90s look with the jacket and his Brotherhood look with the all black lol
True that!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Mar 2020, 15:31

I like those two looks too. I also like his Uncanny look with the glowy blue lines. I thought it was sleek and stylish. I'll always hate any version of the egg-beater helmet.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Mar 2020, 15:37

Honestly, Havok had one of the best male 90s looks...yeah he had a bomber jacket but I thought it was fashionable for the time and his colors went well together.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?