Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Hickman return confirmed! Will it be on X-men?

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
tokenBG1009

Re: Hickman return confirmed! Will it be on X-men?

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Jul 2019, 22:48

Is Black Swan still a thing?
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Usernamenotimportant

Post by Usernamenotimportant » 30 Jul 2019, 00:26

UrbanExplorer wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 21:21
Something bothers me. Everytime Hickmann exited a flagship title, nearly nothing of his, let’s say „built up world“, has been followed up by other writers.

Could it mean that everything Hickmann creates, especially this „Status quo“ everyone talks about, will be reversed?
Thing is, there are very few writers who write in such a universal scale like Hickmann, and prefer more street level stories.
Difference he was hired exactly to shake up the line and give it a direction.

Plus, his Sunspot arc taking over AIM in Avengers was followed up by Ewing, Hyperion and the Cabal/Illuminati destroying worlds was followed up in Squadron Supreme, even Starbrand and Nighthawk got a series. Fraction also followed on some of his stuff in F4, and Bendis' ran with the direction he gave Doom post-Secret Wars. The Black Order is also being used in GotG.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Jul 2019, 05:37

tokenBG1009 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 22:48
She showed up in No Surrender, which was a really good Avengers miniseries. I suspect she will pop up now and again as a recurring villain.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 Jul 2019, 06:13

Anna Raven wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 05:37
tokenBG1009 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 22:48
She showed up in No Surrender, which was a really good Avengers miniseries. I suspect she will pop up now and again as a recurring villain.
I enjoyed her so I would hope so.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 30 Jul 2019, 06:37

She's in the Black Order now, who just had their own limited series. (with each issue narrated by one of the members. #4 was Black Swan's) And the entire group also appeared in the beginning of the new Guardians of the Galaxy series.
[PL_2.0]

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 01 Aug 2019, 08:24

Previewpages from Marauders and Excalibur are on https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/comments/ ... iew_pages/
Spoiler: show
Krakoa gates are here to stay? ImageImage
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 01 Aug 2019, 10:01

To be honest, I thought Excalibur would look worse. I didn’t like it how young To drew characters in GenX so I was worried. Of course, a lot depends also on inking and coloration, but so far I like that.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 01 Aug 2019, 11:11

Hmm, I looked at those pages too, and
Spoiler: show
the thing on Otherworld doesn't look like Krakoa to me, as it seems to be lacking the distincit red circles that seem to grow on the current Krakoa portals in between the roots and vines. Also, this being Otherworld, there's supposed to be magic around and they have been accessing interdimensional travel from Otherworld before.

The top panel of the Marauders page might be a portal, hard to tell without coloring. It could as easily be just two trees that were blown apart by that villain figure. If it is a portal, though, it could still mean that Krakoa can't/won't grow new ones in the aftermath of HoX and PoX. It would also provide a reason for the military guarding this portal and the X-Men battling the villain over it. Maybe it's one of the few ways left to get to Krakoa. (aside from the sea-way, which the Marauders seem to be guarding by ship)
[PL_2.0]

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2019, 01:31

It’s gonna make alot of people mad but since quotes are loved around here lately...

From Marvel’s EIC
"And the thing about the Powers of X and House of X [stuff] is that there's been a lot of terms thrown out about it. 'It's a reboot! It's a relaunch! It's a rebranding!' It's really none of that," Cebulski explained. "We don't really do that. Everything that happened in X-Men up to Matt Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #22 was a part of this plan. We've been building this for two years with the writers. Everybody knew where this was going and that their tenures were going to end and that they were contributing to this story that Jonathan was telling – putting the pieces in place that were going to be needed. So what happened in Matt's #22 is going to directly influence what Jonathan has planned. That's what people don't understand."
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

SW442

Post by SW442 » 08 Aug 2019, 03:03

Action Figure Variant -Monet St. Croix Addition.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 08 Aug 2019, 14:15

Blackcyclops wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 01:31
It’s gonna make alot of people mad but since quotes are loved around here lately...

From Marvel’s EIC
"And the thing about the Powers of X and House of X [stuff] is that there's been a lot of terms thrown out about it. 'It's a reboot! It's a relaunch! It's a rebranding!' It's really none of that," Cebulski explained. "We don't really do that. Everything that happened in X-Men up to Matt Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #22 was a part of this plan. We've been building this for two years with the writers. Everybody knew where this was going and that their tenures were going to end and that they were contributing to this story that Jonathan was telling – putting the pieces in place that were going to be needed. So what happened in Matt's #22 is going to directly influence what Jonathan has planned. That's what people don't understand."
Very interesting! So glad HoX and PoX is weekly. I just can't wait for the next one already

SW442

Post by SW442 » 17 Aug 2019, 16:13

BleedingCool News. Apparently HOX 4 will break our hearts & make us tear up.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/17 ... -one-line/