Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Hickman return confirmed! Will it be on X-men?

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Blackcyclops

Re: Hickman return confirmed! Will it be on X-men?

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Apr 2019, 17:35

Remember the X in House of X means 10
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 09 Apr 2019, 18:17

I don't know how it could have happened so fast that I went from being like "wow it's nice to have Jean back" to being bored and irritated at her inclusion on any line up all over again lol.

I am less interested in Powers of X then I'd like to be but still optimistic in some sense.

House of X, I'm very excited about despite my Jean jab. I wonder what's to come?
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

SW442

Post by SW442 » 09 Apr 2019, 18:37

Hickman gives his top 5 fav. Mutants

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1115660549520527360

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 09 Apr 2019, 18:39

It gives me chills to think that Monet is in Hickman’s top 5. The things she could do under his rule.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

SW442

Post by SW442 » 09 Apr 2019, 19:41

Agreed. Of course this list doesn't mean he's gonna write all these guys, but it's a nice thought. Monet is a character with good potential that never gets used to its fullest, imo. She's been in some good X-runs, but they end too soon.

I loved her in GenX, X-Men, Bunn's Uncanny, and Strain's GenX. All great writing with the perfect voice on her, imo. I hope. If Hickman writes her, I hope he doesn't go PAD's route of making her, as someone described "a meaner version of Kim Kardashian."

But this is the best news I have gotten lately. Monet is the last fav. character I am following. The few others I had have all been taken in directions I that I am either A). Uninterested in. Or B). Downright angered by. lol

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 Apr 2019, 08:06

Milkshake08 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 06:10
So on the one cover, is the bald girl Karima Shapandar? The woman has facial markings and seems to have the Bachalo design of Karima. That's the only thing (besides Laraz in general) I like about anything I see, only because I have a real soft spot for Karima.
Looking at her, I'm assuming Cassandra Nova. Despite the coloration, she looks too "white" to be Karima.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 10 Apr 2019, 21:19

Yeah I don't think it's Karima but definitely looks like Omega Sentinel type uniform/markings. An Omega Sentinel Cassandra Nova would make a lot of sense, actually.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 11 Apr 2019, 19:36

Some ideas & observations about the Powers of X cover:

- the "red Nightcrawler" is again shown with his huge bag, it seems to be important
- his hair looks more red than brown here (maybe a son of Kurt and Rachel ?)
- the younger guy on the right reminds me of either Loki or a male version of Rogue, black/green, green/yellow and green/white trim are all her classic costumes.
- the guy in the back seems to be a blonde male with techo-organics… a return to Douglock ?
- some people theorize that the woman with the Soul Sword could be a daughter of Kitty and Colossus…. yet, I don't see anything of Kitty in her. To me, her hair still looks like Moonstar's.

They keep saying it is called Powers of "Ten". Maybe it's literally just that… these new characters posses the powers of ten X-Men. Kind of like Cerebro's X-Men in UXM #360, which were basically just amalgated versions of cerebro entries. Unless they really are future offspring of X-Men, which at this point I'd consider somewhat repetitive.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 24 Apr 2019, 17:53

Interesting theory that the X-Men are going to Mars: http://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/04/23/y ... -of-x-men/

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 24 Apr 2019, 21:39

I like it! Seems to fall in line with a lot of Hickman's work. It's a pretty well thought-out theory. I'll definitely be reading to see what happens!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 26 Apr 2019, 02:05

Cyclops =Livewire
Marvel Girl= Saturn Girl
Magneto= Cosmic Boy
Xavier = Brainiac 5
Wolverine= TimberWolf

Ha.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 26 Apr 2019, 05:11

Where's das when I need him.

Seriously, I think I'll be taking a hiatus again. I hate everything about that theory and I don't like anything I'm seeing so far. Y'all will have to keep me updated as it comes out because I will not be giving this my money. Great that Hickman loves the Legion of Superheroes and epics and all, but that's not something I want translated to the modern day X-Men, especially when Rosenberg and Thompson have been doing such great work.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 26 Apr 2019, 08:17

Milkshake08 wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 05:11
Where's das when I need him.

Seriously, I think I'll be taking a hiatus again. I hate everything about that theory and I don't like anything I'm seeing so far. Y'all will have to keep me updated as it comes out because I will not be giving this my money. Great that Hickman loves the Legion of Superheroes and epics and all, but that's not something I want translated to the modern day X-Men, especially when Rosenberg and Thompson have been doing such great work.
This is another of those instances where I thought I posted something, but can't find it anymore.

I've no interest in High Sci-Fi X-Men. I know they have had plenty of classic Sci-Fi stories, but I just want things to stay grounded for a bit. Deal with their issues, fight their enemies, and keep humans/mutants safe. This is all speculation at this point, but honestly, Hickman's Secret Wars left me so unfulfilled that I'm hesitant to pick up anything else Marvel he does.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 27 Apr 2019, 16:57

tokenBG1009 wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 08:17

This is another of those instances where I thought I posted something, but can't find it anymore.

I've no interest in High Sci-Fi X-Men. I know they have had plenty of classic Sci-Fi stories, but I just want things to stay grounded for a bit. Deal with their issues, fight their enemies, and keep humans/mutants safe. This is all speculation at this point, but honestly, Hickman's Secret Wars left me so unfulfilled that I'm hesitant to pick up anything else Marvel he does.
Welcome to the dark side, Token ;)

But hey on a more positive note, the art looks phenomenal.

HoldenC

Post by HoldenC » 14 May 2019, 16:17

Some new info - some new art.... interesting bit about the future of the x-books.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/14 ... wers-of-x/

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 14 May 2019, 18:07

Seeing the preview art, will skip this „event“ or whatever this is. Hickmann usually works with top notch artists for about 90% of his titles, but this now looks more fill-in quality than main series. To much plastic/cartoony looking, and yet another new lil mutant girl that seems to be important to the comic.

And yet another different reality, alternate characters, time travel X-Men yadda yadda story..

I love Hickmann but this is getting boring

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 14 May 2019, 19:31

Hickman: "At the conclusion of our 12 weeks of HOX and POX, we'll be launching an entire new universe of X-books. Some will be traditional fare, some carry through on ideas presented in HOX and POX. Some books are completely new concepts. I, personally, will be writing the ongoing flagship X-book. Now, we're already in production on all of these 'Wave 1' books and our plan at this moment is to introduce the titles, creative teams, and publishing details around SDCC, which is a week before HOX #1 goes on sale. We also just finished our plans for our 'Wave 2' books that will debut in 2020 and we're getting ready to hire talent for those."

Wow, so sounds like he is trying to move the X-Men in a new direction (that sounds like it'll hang around at least for a little bit). Be interesting to see how it stands up.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 May 2019, 20:08

He wasn't wrong when he said the X-Men were caught in a feedback loop of nostalgia. I know I'm a Hickman fanboy but I am ready for an actual new direction.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

SW442

Post by SW442 » 14 May 2019, 23:53

I am loving the new art. Nice to see Monet already. Hopefully he can do for her what he did for Sunspot in Avengers. 100% And I am glad she's in her zipped X-Factor suit. The boob-suit got old fast for me. Anyway, nice to see her on the cover alongside the big name characters. How pig her part is remains to be seen, but it's a step in a great direction.

Hopefully, he can make Sabretooth good again. Imo, he's been a joke villain since 2003. So Hickman, PLEASE do something of note with him!!!!!! Other than Meathead, Wolverine + Mystique punching-bag. And stop putting him in fur! lol That's also a corny look that should've died in the 80's, imo.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 22 May 2019, 01:08

Is that a female Toad?
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

SW442

Post by SW442 » 28 May 2019, 13:05

Figured I'd post all of the HOX / POX art we have thus far. For those who are most interested there.
ImageImage
Curious to see where Magneto & Emma stand. They weren't exactly on the best of terms by the end of Blue and it seems they'd be on the outs with the X-Men, but they still wear the X. So Heaven knows.

Rough draft work from Silva showing the different ideas he had for the POX 2 cover.

Nice to see Monet among A-listers. Hopefully Hickman has some good plans for her development like the wonders he worked for Cannonball and Sunspot.

Jean rockin' her Marvel Girl costume. Kinda outdated, but better than her Red costume, imo. Looks like Elixir in the back. Nice to see him again.

Mystery Character. Hickman said no AUs or time-travel, so we got those crossed off. Like many, I am thinking this is a merge of Magik / Colossus. Like what the St. Croix siblings can do to form M-Plate. Illanossus.

Oh Creed lol Most likely back as one-note villain, given the snot puddle of depth he had in WoR. Apparently jobbing, so still in loser villain territory, And worst of all, with Mystique. AGAIN. Idk Marvel is so gung-ho for a pairing so bland, & contrived. I still think he could be replaced with Mojo and nothing valuable is lost. In fact, Mojo is doing better than him anyhow lol.
Last edited by SW442 on 31 May 2019, 02:59, edited 4 times in total.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 28 May 2019, 13:54

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
21 May 2019, 23:44
Hox Pox
Let's hope we never see a Children of X series....

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 28 May 2019, 22:04

UrbanExplorer wrote:
28 May 2019, 13:54
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
21 May 2019, 23:44
Hox Pox
Let's hope we never see a Children of X series....
:?

1 minute later

:lol: :lol:

SW442

Post by SW442 » 29 May 2019, 19:18

C.B. Cebulski speaks. Lets fans know to be on the look out for more House of X and Powers of X teaser art that's coming soon.
https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/1 ... 8267031554

Can't wait. I love Larraz's art in general. He drew my favorite rendition of Rogue & Deadpool.I figured we'd be getting some new stuff on X-Mondays,

Edit -5/30/19
Got some new variant covers today for HOX & POX #1.

Indifferent to the pairing, but Rogue x Gambit is my fav. variant so far, followed by Illanossus.