Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Devastation!

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Blackcyclops

X-Men Devastation!

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Nov 2018, 15:10

I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Flapflop

Re: X-Men Devastation!

Post by Flapflop » 15 Nov 2018, 16:43

Spoiler: show
So Cycke does return and UXM will be seperate from Age of X-man. Even more Intrigued now how everything will evolve next 9 issues of UXM then
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Nov 2018, 17:48

Flapflop wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 16:43
So Cycke does return and UXM will be seperate from Age of X-man. Even more Intrigued now how everything will evolve next 9 issues of UXM then

Well we don’t know if it’s separate or the same story. Only thing it showed was a cover and the creative team.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 15 Nov 2018, 20:41

There's another cover saying Wolverine and Cyclops are the last xmen. Plus I was right they debooted clops.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Nov 2018, 21:53

Dragonzombie wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 20:41
There's another cover saying Wolverine and Cyclops are the last xmen. Plus I was right they debooted clops.
That’s the next issue not a different cover...wondering how accurate the actual story is going to be, since covers tend to be actual covers and nothing else...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 15 Nov 2018, 23:58

Nope.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Nov 2018, 01:54

No, seriously, Devastation is Uncanny X-Men 11 and The Last X-Men is 12.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Nov 2018, 01:58

EphemeristX wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 01:54
No, seriously, Devastation is Uncanny X-Men 11 and The Last X-Men is 12.
just to reiterate

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 16 Nov 2018, 04:24

I'm always right.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Nov 2018, 04:56

Cool, anyway, so, next.

I wonder if this is some sort of reset for Cyclops given his uniform. Honestly, I think his bad acts are completely justifiable and I don't think he needs to be reset, but if it makes someone sleep easier, whatevs. I just don't want this to mean they're lying all the blame on Emma's door. Emma and Scott worked well because they were both headstrong and they kept eachother in check. Emma never made Scott do anything.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 16 Nov 2018, 05:28

Eh no.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 16 Nov 2018, 11:55

EphemeristX wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 04:56
Cool, anyway, so, next.

I wonder if this is some sort of reset for Cyclops given his uniform. Honestly, I think his bad acts are completely justifiable and I don't think he needs to be reset, but if it makes someone sleep easier, whatevs. I just don't want this to mean they're lying all the blame on Emma's door. Emma and Scott worked well because they were both headstrong and they kept eachother in check. Emma never made Scott do anything.
Yeah, I agree entirely. Emma gets blamed enough, and Scott was definitely the leader in his failed revolution. I am intrigued as to why he is in his old uniform - I do prefer it to the Revolution one.
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Nov 2018, 12:07

The only thing Emma did was stuff she did after his death and alot of that isn’t even villain stuff just anti-hero stuff and now she’s even in a position where she isn’t even really an enemy of the X-Men anymore.

And Cyclops...well if wr skipped the Phoenix stuff, his tveolution stuff wasn’t “evil” but it was bad. And by bad I mean it was just wack and alil dumb. So if Cyke wants to get over that, I’m cool. I just don’t want a return to 90s Cyclops. Who he was before Bendis got him is posdibly my favorite comic character ever and I don’t want that guy to leave. Who was during Bendis? I don’t even know bro.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 16 Nov 2018, 12:59

Blackcyclops wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 21:53
Dragonzombie wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 20:41
That’s the next issue not a different cover...wondering how accurate the actual story is going to be, since covers tend to be actual covers and nothing else...
The Cover in question
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/15 ... y-x-men-12
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Nov 2018, 13:36

Blackcyclops wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 12:07
I just don’t want a return to 90s Cyclops. Who he was before Bendis got him is posdibly my favorite comic character ever and I don’t want that guy to leave. Who was during Bendis? I don’t even know bro.
Agreed. Why undo some of the best characterization Scott has gotten in 40 years?

Cable

Post by Cable » 16 Nov 2018, 15:03

I am probably one of the biggest Bendis run haters on the board but I actually don't mind what he did with the Cyclops revolution stuff.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Nov 2018, 15:06

I just think that his explanation at the end of the book was not what he was intending when he started it. I mean, it's cool and all, but I know he was intending for Cyke to be an actual revolutionary but got so caught up in the monthly grind that he forgot to make it happen, and then he was like "actually my secret plan was just to make you think I was scary".

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 16 Nov 2018, 18:46

Astonishing Xmen Cyclops not 90s. The image in the back is just memories.

ev82

Post by ev82 » 22 Nov 2018, 17:59

Dragonzombie wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 04:24
I'm always right.
nope.
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 23 Nov 2018, 15:29

hotknives wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 11:55
EphemeristX wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 04:56
Cool, anyway, so, next.

Yeah, I agree entirely. Emma gets blamed enough, and Scott was definitely the leader in his failed revolution. I am intrigued as to why he is in his old uniform - I do prefer it to the Revolution one.
Emma just supported him all way along. She never pushed him to do anything, so Scott owns his acomplishments and his failures.
Emma had her own mistakes and his own problems after Scott died.

And Scott doesnt need any reset, like it or not he was his own person with a really defined personality and pov and a militaristic approach to the X-men idea/dream and there were perfectly fitting for the context of the stories.

BUT his revolution fell flat and dumb because it led us to believe that revolution was going to happen and Scott was playing sideways with the traditional X-men somehow being an alternative, similar to what X-Factor was in the 80s or X-Force was to the original New Mutants in the 90s.
That revolution never happened, Scott never made any statement as Jean did nowadays, and he fell into his own shadow never shining as much as he did prior to the Phoenix Five dilemma.
And Death of X... just... lets forget about it if possible.

I want to believe his old Astonishing X-men is going to be more as "Im back in the mansion and this is what I have found" more than a possible reset.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 23 Nov 2018, 22:21

So if Wolverine and Cyclops are "the last X-men" are we thinking they return from their respective deaths only to find all the other X-Men are missing, presumably beacuse theyve been pulled into the Age of X-Man reality?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Nov 2018, 22:36

The thing about Wolverine is that he has ALOT of stuff to so (his return mini, the Infinity Mini which explains him showing up after the gem), so this might be the “end” of his long journey back too:.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 25 Nov 2018, 18:55

Blackcyclops wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 22:36
The thing about Wolverine is that he has ALOT of stuff to so (his return mini, the Infinity Mini which explains him showing up after the gem), so this might be the “end” of his long journey back too:.
Well, I think the Wolverine showing up in multiple places including the Infinity series is the Old Man Logan Phoenix from the future where he meets with Thor Odinson as Old All-Father Thor.
Its not clear yet why he came to the present or why he looks young again but I guess thats something they will reveal later on.