Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

January Solicits

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Bigstever

January Solicits

Post by Bigstever » 17 Oct 2018, 01:45

https://www.newsarama.com/42355-marvel- ... tions.html

I'm finding myself actually excited for all things X-Men again.
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
-Lloyd Alexander

ev82

Re: January Solicits

Post by ev82 » 17 Oct 2018, 02:05

Shatterstar vs Sailor. Moon!
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 17 Oct 2018, 05:34

Actually looks pretty slim on X-Men to me - there's the Uncanny/Age of X-Man stuff, Mr. and Mrs. X, and X-Force, and that's it for team books as far as I can tell unless I missed something.

(Which is fine, as long as they're good stories... god knows the X-line could be pared down some)

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 17 Oct 2018, 12:52

Seems like Uncanny already gets cancelled and replaced by Age of X-man. Sounds all like a Age of Apocalypse kind of approach (cancel titles and replace them with the new universe ones)

And what a joy, Chuck Austen gets collected in tpb ;)
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Oct 2018, 12:57

It’s unclear if it is cancelled or not it seems...the solicits sound vague
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

P-90

Post by P-90 » 17 Oct 2018, 13:14

Invaders, I didn't expect that, I'm not sure I like the idea of Namor being a villain yet again.

A story in War Is Hell is about the Battle of Britain, I hope they do it justice, its such an important part of our history (not just for the British but for all the allies)

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 Oct 2018, 14:10

Uncanny is definitely not cancelled at #10. This is the editor of X-Men comics directly speaking about Uncanny X-Men #11 just two days ago
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 17 Oct 2018, 16:18

Cable wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 14:10
Uncanny is definitely not cancelled at #10. This is the editor of X-Men comics directly speaking about Uncanny X-Men #11 just two days ago
Cyclops back and 90's costumes :o

Dont judge a title by its snippet of a cover, but if its true i'll need a breather 8-)
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 17 Oct 2018, 16:41

The 90's costume probably a flashback in Cyclops mind. If he does come back, not sure what version does.

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 Oct 2018, 17:04

Well that is the problem with the Age of X-Man probably being a reality warping event. There is no way to know what from upcoming previews is "real" and/or permanent.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 19 Oct 2018, 01:02

Both MMX and Domino have a Mojo story in the same month....he's making a comeback I guess lol. I will def read both, and I hope we get fun guest stars in both like Spiral and maybe Dazz or Psylocke. Longshot is in Domino for sure.

Is Exiles ending? It needs a new writer like yesterday...

I wish I could be interested in X-Force because the covers are great, but I just can't. I want a younger X-title to throw in this mix and it'd be perfect. Every month I just pray MMX keeps going because it's the most fun book for me right now.

grief

Post by grief » 19 Oct 2018, 21:40

I'm always a little hesitant when ANY book tries to pull a "Not the Age of Apocalypse, but kinda sorta" type of story-line, but I'm more intrigued than worried at this point. Legion as X-Man on the cover to issue 9 is interesting for a number of reasons.

Shatterstar VS Sailor Moon - and I couldn't be happier. : )

X-Force's cover is GREAT looking, but it...it kinda looks like Shatterstar is TRYING to kill Sam. "Can I cut him before he gets a blasting field up? Would it be worth it? HMMMM."

Always happy to see Rogue back in the yellow-n-green.

I've been thoroughly enjoying Exiles, but it's still lacking in something, even after all this time. The cats hasn't bonded quite like the OG cast.

Domino and Longshot teaming up?!? Or fighting it out?! That's one of those "Why did we fanfic writer's never think of it?" type of team ups.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/