Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

SDCC: X-Men

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
Blackcyclops

SDCC: X-Men

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jul 2018, 21:16

Just happy for the constant “Uncanny is coming back” to be over lol

https://www.newsarama.com/41030-sdcc-20 ... x-men.html
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

manuel_mc89

Re: SDCC: X-Men

Post by manuel_mc89 » 22 Jul 2018, 21:29

Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 23 Jul 2018, 15:42

Most interesting stuff (to me):
- Sina Grace's returning X-Men series Iceman will involve Mr. Sinister and Emma Frost in upcoming stories.
- X-Men Black. It is an event comprised of five one-shots each featuring an X-Men villain. The characters are Magneto, Emma Frost, Juggernaut, Mojo, and Mystique, and each issue will feature back up stories focusing on Apocalypse written by Lonnie Nadler and Zac Thompson.
- Uncanny X-Men returns this fall. The creative team is not being announced here, and there are no further details yet.

Given that Black is going to be a bunch of one-shots and Uncanny is coming back, I'm thinking that they are going to be dropping the color scheme for titles. I wonder if Red will get cut short, renamed, or just continue one it's own as the odd one out.

Cable

Post by Cable » 24 Jul 2018, 14:17

Magnus wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 15:42

- Uncanny X-Men returns this fall. The creative team is not being announced here, and there are no further details yet.
Can't wait to see what Jonathan Hickman has planned. Right? RIGHT?!
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

bamf

Post by bamf » 24 Jul 2018, 15:29

Cable wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 14:17
Magnus wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 15:42

Can't wait to see what Jonathan Hickman has planned. Right? RIGHT?!
Hahaha oh man. I would LOSE. MY. MIND.
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Jul 2018, 19:55

I don't know if I'd want Hickman to write X-Men. What he did was epic, but I also felt nothing when it was over. The only thing I really felt anything for was the Hyperion/Thor bromance.

I'd much prefer Taylor, Rosenberg, and ESPECIALLY Duggan taking over. Maybe if I read his FF stuff I'd care more for Hickman's Marvel stuff.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Jul 2018, 21:22

Really? I guess I'm just such a huge FF fan, but like when their craft was breaking apart at the end of TRO and the kids were being separated from the adults and it seemed like they blew up, I blubbered like a baby.

I do think you should go back and read the FF stuff leading up to his Avengers run, it helps a lot.
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 25 Jul 2018, 02:24

Well, I think some of his success in Avengers was mitigated by it ending in an event. Personally, I loved his maxi-run from FF to Avengers. It was some of the coolest storytelling I'd seen in some time.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 25 Jul 2018, 03:45

I'm not into Hickman, but I'd be ecstatic if Dauterman was taking over art for Uncanny, and if so I hope he gets to draw his faves-Storm, Rogue, and Emma.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 Jul 2018, 06:45

Anna Raven wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 21:22
Really? I guess I'm just such a huge FF fan, but like when their craft was breaking apart at the end of TRO and the kids were being separated from the adults and it seemed like they blew up, I blubbered like a baby.

I do think you should go back and read the FF stuff leading up to his Avengers run, it helps a lot.
Secret Wars, in general, was kind of a shrug to me. I understood the epicness of it, but overall it did nothing outside of various moments in the story.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 28 Jul 2018, 14:48

Secret Wars, the incursions and all of that was epic and amazing BUT Secret Wars should have been so much more and it should have had a bigger meaning to the MU that it did, even the Age of Apocalypse altered the timeline so much more than this.

But Hickman was really good not only in Avengers but FF and he has a very fresh take on characters, he knows how to voice them and develop them and if he ever touches the XMen he can be awesome...

ev82

Post by ev82 » 29 Jul 2018, 23:53

Fenix wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 14:48
Secret Wars, the incursions and all of that was epic and amazing BUT Secret Wars should have been so much more and it should have had a bigger meaning to the MU that it did, even the Age of Apocalypse altered the timeline so much more than this.

But Hickman was really good not only in Avengers but FF and he has a very fresh take on characters, he knows how to voice them and develop them and if he ever touches the XMen he can be awesome...
agreed 100%
GOTG Draft:Polaris|Gladiator|Lilandra Neramani|Medusa|Korvus|Major Victory|Hepzibah|Irani Rael (Nova Corps)|Neutron
Nemeses: The Celestials