unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Astonishing to Continue with New Creative Team

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
EphemeristX

Astonishing to Continue with New Creative Team

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Apr 2018, 17:27

Astonishing X-Men will continue beyond issue 12 with both a new creative team and a new team line-up.

Matthew Rosenberg (Phoenix Resurrection/New Mutants: Dead Souls) and Greg Land will continue the book with a new storyline and a cast shake-up.

Beast and Havok will co-lead a team comprised of Dazzler, Warpath, and Colossus.

Info @ Newsarama
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

InsipidLust

Re: Astonishing to Continue with New Creative Team

Post by InsipidLust » 13 Apr 2018, 17:51

Great to have Dazzler, Havok and Colossus back together I suppose although I worry what this mean's for the conclusion of X-Men Blue's "Cry Havok" storyline. Maybe they could have waited JUST a bit longer to announce this...
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Apr 2018, 18:03

They might have had to wait quite awhile I guess since July solicits drop Tuesday but the story doesn’t end until June right? I guess they could have just done a blacked out cover though...so you’re right
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 13 Apr 2018, 18:22

I like the concept of this rotating team lineup/creative teams thing. It's like we're getting completely different stories every year which is pretty cool.

As much as I like Soule's story I don't feel he fully uses his roster though so I hope Rosenberg rectifies that this time around.

Bit of a spoiler for X-Men Blue atm though, sucks. They could'be hidden some of the members like they do for other books.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 13 Apr 2018, 18:33

Im kind of excited with this team.
Although I love Colossus I feel Warpath could have been enough as muscle/tough guy in this book and we could have got other character instead of Colossus, like Darkstar or Firestar.
I dig this Colossus, Havok and Dazzler reunion anyway.

The secret member should be Psylocke, adding the nowadays permanent psychic to the team and giving us another nod to the Outback era plus some more strong women presence to the team.
But if they decide to get Rogue or Storm here I wont complain neither :-)

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 13 Apr 2018, 18:42

Rosenberg on an X-title in what looks to be a redemption of Beast and Havok for the fans. Yes please.

Also I wonder if Warpath and Colossus presence means shake ups to Gold and Weapon X.

Also I think I saw hints about Legacy Virus making a come back which could explain Beast and Colossus on the team.
MCU Draft:
Heroes:
Iron Man, Black Widow, Quake, Wasp, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Pepper Potts
Villains:
Kingpin, Vulture, Arnim Zola

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Apr 2018, 19:30

WorldWideWade wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 18:42
Rosenberg on an X-title in what looks to be a redemption of Beast and Havok for the fans. Yes please.

Also I wonder if Warpath and Colossus presence means shake ups to Gold and Weapon X.

Also I think I saw hints about Legacy Virus making a come back which could explain Beast and Colossus on the team.

Well since this team rotates, it probably means nothing.
And I think that disease will show up in another book, that’s where it seems to be going any way.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut » 13 Apr 2018, 19:34

Thank God! I need good ol Havok back. Having warpath on this is a big plus too. May have to buy this before it comes out on unlimited.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 13 Apr 2018, 21:52

MrFOOM wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 18:22
I like the concept of this rotating team lineup/creative teams thing. It's like we're getting completely different stories every year which is pretty cool.
I've said for awhile now that I think comics might be better off going to a planned maxi-series/anthology-style setup, so yeah, having a series like this with set arcs (assuming this is another 12-issue one) and creative teams is a good start for me.

I was underwhelmed by Phoenix Resurrection but it did have some good character moments, so I'm willing to give Rosenburg a chance. Land is a negative (even that cover is stupid) but what can you do. Cast looks good at least.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Apr 2018, 21:57

Some other Rosenberg books to check out:
Secret warriors
Tales of Suspension
Punisher

My X-Men Draft Picks:

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 13 Apr 2018, 22:29

Juggernaut wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 19:34
Thank God! I need good ol Havok back.
AMEN!! I was tired of his Axis stuff not yet being undone. Really excited to see where this all goes!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 14 Apr 2018, 07:00

Blackcyclops wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 21:57
Some other Rosenberg books to check out:
Secret warriors
Tales of Suspension
Punisher
What made me a fan of Rosenberg was the 2 Kingpin short series he did and his indy comic 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank which was a really good read, I would recommend it to anyone.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 14 Apr 2018, 07:03

Magnus wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 21:52
MrFOOM wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 18:22
I've said for awhile now that I think comics might be better off going to a planned maxi-series/anthology-style setup, so yeah, having a series like this with set arcs (assuming this is another 12-issue one) and creative teams is a good start for me.

I was underwhelmed by Phoenix Resurrection but it did have some good character moments, so I'm willing to give Rosenburg a chance. Land is a negative (even that cover is stupid) but what can you do. Cast looks good at least.
From my experience with Rosenberg character moments and interactions seem to be what he does best which is why I'm optimistic for him being on this book. I've liked New Mutants so far and this cast does look pretty good, if anything he'll at least have them interacting and doing things together in a way Soule never quite did.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 14 Apr 2018, 16:21

Yay to the new lineup and story.
Boo to Greg Land.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 15 Apr 2018, 04:13

Boo to Greg Land and also I'm not a huge fan of the new lineup buuuuuut....

DAZZLER YES OMG GIVE ME MORE I DON'T EVEN CARE AND SHE'S GOT A GOOD COSTUME AGAIN.
But I do wish she kept her pink streaks and tat from her last few appearances. So am I to believe that all through Bendis's run and A-Force she was makeup-ing on her starburst eye like she's in a David Bowie music video at all times? That's commitment. But I do love my girl, and I like Havok. I strongly dislike the other three, but maybe if Psylocke gets added (and it'd also be fun to add someone like Pixie or Northstar too) I'll be fine with it. Very male heavy team for an X-Title, though.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 16 Apr 2018, 09:07

That cover is horrendous. Absolutely hideous. I know Land's had his fair share of criticism (some is more than justified) but he's also done some fantastic pin-up cover work. This...isn't such a case.

Interesting line-up. I don't recall Beast ever being on the same line-up as Warpath or Dazzler (sure someone with better X-history knowledge will correct me...!) and it'd be good to see him and Alex leading this bunch.

Definitely needs another female cast member though, as others have said.
MCU Draft
Heroes - Jessica Jones|Rocket|Ghost Rider|Leo Fitz|Sif|Howard Stark|Gert + Old Lace
Villains: Loki|Killgrave|Ego

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 16 Apr 2018, 13:34

Spectral Knight wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 09:07
That cover is horrendous. Absolutely hideous. I know Land's had his fair share of criticism (some is more than justified) but he's also done some fantastic pin-up cover work. This...isn't such a case.
Really? I actually really like it from a design perspective although the floating Havok head was an interesting choice. His rendering method always puts me off, but this cover is no more disagreeable than usual in my opinion.
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 16 Apr 2018, 14:31

Floating Havok head, cut-off at the waist Colossus, the weird lighting (look at where the shadows fall on each of the characters - it's all over the place - and this is in the line work of composition, so it's not the fault of the colourist), the perspective of Warpath's blades which show them as coming into the foreground where as Colossus whose arms are in front of Warpath's elbows but behind the blade, which makes Warpath's forearms look incredibly long, or Colossus' as being stumpy.

There's all sorts wrong with it. It's like five different sketches have been put together rather than it being composed as a single complete drawing.
MCU Draft
Heroes - Jessica Jones|Rocket|Ghost Rider|Leo Fitz|Sif|Howard Stark|Gert + Old Lace
Villains: Loki|Killgrave|Ego

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 16 Apr 2018, 16:20

Yeah you summed it up pretty well, I think it's silly that one person is a floating head, two people are upper torsos and two are full bodies, none of whom are in proper perspective to each other except Beast/Colossus.

Actually, looking at it some more, I think Havok is a torso too, hunched over? The circle in the middle is actually off-center, like it's his chest and not the design in the background, and there's green lines continuing from his head into Dazzler and Warpath to outline the black part of his costume.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 16 Apr 2018, 22:29

Also note the poor detailing on the costumes, which has always been my biggest issue with Land. Like Dazzler's belt. It has no dimension, and it's not even drawn straight. Sometimes it's just frustrating how this stuff gets through.

Bigstever

Post by Bigstever » 17 Apr 2018, 00:44

Spectral Knight wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 09:07
Interesting line-up. I don't recall Beast ever being on the same line-up as Warpath or Dazzler (sure someone with better X-history knowledge will correct me...!) and it'd be good to see him and Alex leading this bunch.
I don't think Beast and Dazzler have been on a team but they did have a mini series together - Beauty and the Beast - and may have had a fling? I haven't read it in years...
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
-Lloyd Alexander

ev82

Post by ev82 » 17 Apr 2018, 01:00

If you count Fractions Utopia era as one big team they were there together.
GOTG Draft:Polaris|Gladiator|Lilandra Neramani|Medusa|Korvus|Major Victory|Hepzibah|Irani Rael (Nova Corps)|Neutron
Nemeses: The Celestials

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 17 Apr 2018, 14:13

InsipidLust wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 17:51
Great to have Dazzler, Havok and Colossus back together I suppose although I worry what this mean's for the conclusion of X-Men Blue's "Cry Havok" storyline. Maybe they could have waited JUST a bit longer to announce this...
Havok will be reversed back to normal, his face will be whole again and he goes back to his old egg beater costume. eXited indeed.
So it's you and me together against the world, huh?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Apr 2018, 14:50

Flapflop wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 14:13
InsipidLust wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 17:51
Havok will be reversed back to normal, his face will be whole again and he goes back to his old egg beater costume. eXited indeed.

Or Greg Land's bad art just doesn't convey his finally new costume and still scarred face?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Apr 2018, 15:32

The last time I remember Land doing covers, they didn't reflect the actual costumes worn inside the book. I remember Psylocke in particular being drawn in her standard swimsuit while wearing a pair of pants inside. So yeah, I take the designs on this cover with a grain of salt.

I also think the egg-beater looks dumb. Always have.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"