Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

New Sentry Series by Jeff Lemire and Kim Jacinto

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
EphemeristX

New Sentry Series by Jeff Lemire and Kim Jacinto

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Mar 2018, 16:35

From CB.com, hot off his recent appearance in Doctor Strange, Bob Reynolds and the Void are back.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Re: New Sentry Series by Jeff Lemire and Kim Jacinto

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Mar 2018, 16:42

Moon Knight was absolutely amazing...so this is definitely up my alley.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 06 Mar 2018, 17:01

I thought Lemire was a DC exclusive now?

Surprised to see him on a Sentry series. All of his less than popular Marvel character runs have been really entertaining though, so this should be no different.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

grief

Post by grief » 06 Mar 2018, 23:07

I want to declare this The Best News about Fresh Start, but Coates on Cap is still tops for me. But this is a CLOSE second.

Already bracing myself for cancellation by issue 12.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Mar 2018, 23:31

Just pretend it's a limited series from the start. That's what I do.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 07 Mar 2018, 01:30

Really? Sentry? Ugh.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 08 Mar 2018, 12:26

I loved the original Sentry series, and I still like the character a lot. Colour me interested.
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 09 Mar 2018, 12:12

The thing with the Sentry for me is that he was a very interesting concept at its basis, but really his whole deal went so ludicrously out of hand under Bendis that I'd really rather just forget about him...

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 09 Mar 2018, 16:08

Each issue should have a new retcon about his origin then the finale can be him hiring She-Hulk to sue the 616 Marvel Comics for ruining his life. "That isn't how it goes. None of it is right. This is libel! I can't even buy a doughnut without someone asking me what my problem is."
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

grief

Post by grief » 09 Mar 2018, 22:17

@RingOtaku - That's one of the things that I think is really interesting about Sentry; each story-arc to focus on him really does reinterpret his origin differently. The OG mini-series, the Jeff Parker mini-series, his appearance in early New Avengers, the Romita JR mini, and then Bendis' Biblical use in Dark Avengers; they're all WILDLY different, but all still wrapped up in the same mythos and ideas. He's a character that an author can do ANYTHING with, blow it all up and let another person start fresh again.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/