unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Exiles

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
grief

Re: Exiles

Post by grief » 08 Jan 2018, 21:26

Gremlin wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 17:14
Sorry, I meant I hope to find out what the Exiles were up to during the destruction. I was thinking too many thoughts when I typed the sentence and I didn't put down what I meant. Given the Exiles' whole schitck was the protection of the multiverse I found it really weird how they were completely ignored during Secret Wars. Even a one-shot would have kept me happy.
There was an interview with Brevoort/Hickman where Hickman stated that he originally wanted the Exiles appear at Avengers Tower and warn the Avengers of the threat, but editorial felt that would send the wrong impression - that this is an X-Men based story, as opposed to an Avengers based one.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 08 Jan 2018, 21:33

What?? I never knew that! That's insane - what a strange editorial edict.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Jan 2018, 21:53

Well, those were the bygone days when X-Men were second class citizens remember? ;)
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen); Legion of Doom: Sinestro

ev82

Post by ev82 » 08 Jan 2018, 23:39

Anna Raven wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 03:46
AntiBody wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 03:40
Lol BC!! Now that I think more about it, 616 definitely doesn't belong there. For some reason I thought that that Blink came to 616 and stayed a while. (Not confusing her for the actual 616 Blink that came back in Necrosha either, mind you, lol.) Oopsie. Y'all know who I mean haha.
She did in New Mutants didn't she? Or was that 616 Blink also?
616 Blink came back during Necrosha and then starred in New Mutants. AOA Blink only came to 616 once during an Exiles story arc where they interacted with Chuck Austens X-Men.
GOTG Draft:Polaris|Gladiator|Lilandra Neramani|Medusa|Korvus|Major Victory|Hepzibah|Irani Rael (Nova Corps)|Neutron
Nemeses: The Celestials

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Jan 2018, 23:49

I think it's AoA Blink...wait is Exiles Blink the ACTUAL AoA Blink or a variant AoA Blink?
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

ev82

Post by ev82 » 08 Jan 2018, 23:58

Blackcyclops wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 23:49
I think it's AoA Blink...wait is Exiles Blink the ACTUAL AoA Blink or a variant AoA Blink?
Its the Actual AOA Blink, whereas Morph was not AOA Morph.
GOTG Draft:Polaris|Gladiator|Lilandra Neramani|Medusa|Korvus|Major Victory|Hepzibah|Irani Rael (Nova Corps)|Neutron

Wings

Post by Wings » 09 Jan 2018, 00:00

The Blink who was in Exiles was the actual Age of Apocalypse Blink, same way the AOA Sabretooth who appeared in Exiles was from the original AOA timeline and recognised Psylocke as his Exiles teammate when she crossed over to the Age of Apocalypse during Remender's Uncanny X-Force.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 09 Jan 2018, 16:29

I'm always up for a new Exiles book. I will say some of our draft teams appeal more, but this still looks like an interesting line up, especially looking forward to Khan and Valkyrie
Exiles Draft: Nightcrawler (AoA), Polaris (Exiles), Shard (XSE), Aliyah Bishop (The End), Iceman (Mutant X), Spiderwoman (Earth 8545), Angel/Halloway (Noir), Kitty Pryde (Ultimate), Heather Hudson (Exiles), Cameron (DofP), Beast (Exiles)

grief

Post by grief » 09 Jan 2018, 23:54

AntiBody wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 21:33
What?? I never knew that! That's insane - what a strange editorial edict.
Okay! I found it! And grossly mis-remembered the interview! Hickman said "When [editor] Tom Brevoort and I first started talking about doing this years ago, the original concept for what I wanted to do was kind of like “Exiles” meets “Strikeforce: Morituri.” That was kind of the book I wanted to write.

As I worked on “Secret Warriors,” “Fantastic Four,” and the stuff I’ve done in between, I had a little more success each time. Then when I eventually ended up on the Avengers books it became obvious that if I did that there, it could be a really, really big story. But as to the question, what does this story have to do with the original? How much of it is a convenience of name? I’m not going to answer that, but I will say that as we’ve pivoted more toward it being a bigger book, we’ve had more rope."

From this interview: https://www.cbr.com/hickman-sets-the-s ... cret-wars/

I searched for nearly a half hour and a dozen different Hickman interviews and this was the only mention of Exiles I could find, so shame on me.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 10 Jan 2018, 02:34

Ahhh I see. Never heard of Strikeforce: Morituri. Just looked it up on Wikipedia, seems like an interesting story.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Jan 2018, 13:42

This looks weird as. Very interesting take on Wolvie. Instead of the classic berserker rage / prone to violence Logan we're used to, this is an extreme cuddly version of him which looks miles apart from the rest of his crew.
MCU Draft
Heroes - Jessica Jones|Rocket|Ghost Rider|Leo Fitz|Sif|Howard Stark|Gert + Old Lace
Villains: Loki|Killgrave|Ego

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 28 Feb 2018, 18:33

https://screenrant.com/peggy-carter-cap ... &view=list

I am extremely tolerant of new characters taking over for the old ones, especially in an Exiles book, but Peggy is British. :lol:
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen); Legion of Doom: Sinestro

ev82

Post by ev82 » 01 Mar 2018, 00:04

Is she British in the comics tho? Because looking at her and Sharon Carters Wiki (I know) make it seem like she is from Virginia.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 01 Mar 2018, 03:23

ev82 wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 00:04
Is she British in the comics tho? Because looking at her and Sharon Carters Wiki (I know) make it seem like she is from Virginia.
You are probably right I was just teasing. :P

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 01 Mar 2018, 08:16

I play Marvel Puzzle Quest so it’s weird to see the Peggy Carter from that turned into an actual comic character. The Peggy/Cap version was created specifically for the game. That said it’s a great spin on the character for the comics and I’m surprised it’s not been done yet.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 01 Mar 2018, 09:37

Gremlin wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 08:16
I play Marvel Puzzle Quest so it’s weird to see the Peggy Carter from that turned into an actual comic character. The Peggy/Cap version was created specifically for the game. That said it’s a great spin on the character for the comics and I’m surprised it’s not been done yet.
In the game does she have a British accent?

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 01 Mar 2018, 09:39

No voices and her character bio doesn’t say where she’s from. The comic might clear things up and provide backstory.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 03 Mar 2018, 02:35

Blackcyclops wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 15:07
Her hair was always straight so I assumed she didnt really ahve any african lineage...but this new hair cut suggests otherwise. I guess all this time she been getting relaxers? Lmao
It's never been stated what ethnicity she was prior to the emergence of her mutation (she may have been born with her colouring similar to Nightcrawler) but she definitely has some British ancestry, she's the great granddaughter of Frederick Slade and a distant cousin of Chamber though I doubt either or them know they're related. The family are members of the Clan Akkaba and therefore direct descendants of Apocalypse.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Mar 2018, 03:03

That i know lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

P-90

Post by P-90 » 03 Mar 2018, 14:52

Blackcyclops wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 03:03