Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

X-Men Red

Found some news out about the X-Men, Avengers, Batman or even? The monthly previews have been released ? Or perhaps there's a rumour you've heard, then post it here for the world to see.
EphemeristX

Re: X-Men Red

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Nov 2017, 21:43

I'm so, so glad Jean isn't paired up with a traditional love interest. We haven't had a single Jean Grey since 1965.

Personally, I'm waiting for a Cyke-less O5 reunion. Maybe stick Havok or Gambit in there to replace Scott like they did with Emma and Jean during Decimation. Make it happen, Red!
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 Nov 2017, 21:51

Gentle is the only character on this team I don't care about. Everyone else I'm thrilled to have. Laura and Gabby have been my factored duo in comics since Gabby's debut. Nightcrawler is Nightcrawler, though I do wonder what this means about his place in Gold. Namor is probably just going to try and steal another of Cyclops' ladies. He also has a connection to Jean through their shared history of being Phoenix hosts.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 13 Nov 2017, 22:34

Gentle is an underused character with a lot of potential, so I'm happy to see him get use. Does seem like a weird fit though (of course we'll have to see what the actual plot tying them together is). Nightcrawler's always fun (well, when the authors aren't ruining him with undeserved PTSD storylines) and I like Namor. X-23 and Gabby are the two I'm not sold on.
tokenBG1009 wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 21:51
Namor is probably just going to try and steal another of Cyclops' ladies.
I would love if that's his sole motivation for joining the team. "It's been awhile since I've had a new lady, and I never did get around to making a move on Jean... now's the time. IMPERIUS REX!"

Also, I think I remembered what Jean's new costume reminds me of:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 Nov 2017, 23:00

Magnus wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 22:34
I would love if that's his sole motivation for joining the team. "It's been awhile since I've had a new lady, and I never did get around to making a move on Jean... now's the time. IMPERIUS REX!"
"Inperius Sex!" you mean.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Nov 2017, 23:13

tokenBG1009 wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 23:00
"Inperius Sex!" you mean.
That was the nickname for his P5 costume.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Nov 2017, 23:17

Magnus wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 22:34
Gentle is an underused character with a lot of potential, so I'm happy to see him get use. Does seem like a weird fit though (of course we'll have to see what the actual plot tying them together is). Nightcrawler's always fun (well, when the authors aren't ruining him with undeserved PTSD storylines) and I like Namor. X-23 and Gabby are the two I'm not sold on.
tokenBG1009 wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 21:51
Namor is probably just going to try and steal another of Cyclops' ladies.

Also, I think I remembered what Jean's new costume reminds me of:

Wellnow I like the costume lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 Nov 2017, 23:44

Not enough gingers or Communists!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 13 Nov 2017, 23:48

Maybe the reason Nightcrawler is on the team is expressly because he's now dating Rachel.

"Hmm, you're dating my daughter? Maybe I need to get to know you a little better..." :P
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

totaldarknessin

Post by totaldarknessin » 14 Nov 2017, 00:40

Oh X-Men, why must you be so bad.

First off, regarding nightcrawler dating rachel, what is god's name would rachel see in Kurt? It's like sometimes they do thing out of left field just to spice it up, despite the fact that the personalities wouldn't match in any realistic scenario.

That aside back to the main event. This team is Horrible, like full-blown capital H horrible. First off, the costume sucks. Jean grey marvel girl, Jean grey phoenix, Jean Grey Jim Lee, those are the standards. Also why the change in color scheme??

Second, when will Marvel realize that what we want is the real X-Men, not this fake stuff we have been getting. Meaning, Give me Cyke, the real cyke, not the fake one Morrison created which has been stinking up the joint for the past 17 years, the one who respects Xavier, loves jean, wouldn't even stand to be near Emma, afraid that he might strike someone with his optic blast, and was a respected leader.

Next, Give us Wolverine, The real one. One pitfalls of many genre's is getting bogged down by alternate universes, time travel and clones. All three are a big no-no in my book, and if they exist, they should be like one time only, like DoFP and that's it. Keep going down that well and you have diminishing returns. So I don't want Wilchild, Daken, X-23, Old man Logan, Gabby, or that Blond haired child of wolverine in that other book. Give me Wolverine, Sabretooth and that's it. Next.

Namor is not an X-Man, period, end of story.

Next, Jean is back...but why is she leading a team after being dead for so long?? Comic book time, i'm not sure how long it was, but we know a ton of new mutants are around, and the thought that boom, she is alive and boom she is already leading a team is far fetch. I'd imagine she would want to handle personal issues first. That's the kind of character building these books often lack. Like wouldn't she want to go see her parents? She had such a bond with cyke, wouldn't she want to talk to young version (who shouldn't even be around)?? Storm was like her best friend, I could not see a scenario where She is back, and storm is not by her side. Wolverine is back alive, considering that how he essentially killed her in X-men 148, only to see her dead two comics later, and considering their considerable history and both being revived at nearly the same time, I could not see a scenario where they didn't meet and watched each other's back, especially with Cyke being dead himself. It would be rehashing a bit, but that's probably what would occur in a realistic perspective.

Why is Kurt on the Team? He never was with Jean for any real extended time. In the Early Uncanny 100s, they quickly got separated after that fight with Magneto, and pretty much only saw each other years later right before Dark phoenix saga. Then she was dead and upon returning she was part of X-Factor with the original 5 X-men, then Kurt went to Excalibur, and Jean returned to be part of X-Men Gold Team in the 90s.

As for the Wakandan Mutant, whatever, I'm fine with new characters, but again, this is Jean, being reborn, whatever.

Is it really that hard to ask to get a team with Beast, Storm, Rogue, the Real Cyclops (no imposters or kid versions), Wolverine (the real one, no clones, old version or kids), Gambit, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey, Professor X, and then last character can be either Iceman/Archangel/Psylocke/or Nightcrawler.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 14 Nov 2017, 01:24

Honestly I’d get pretty bored if X-Men was always that same basic team, with no changes or new ideas. Adding Namor to the X-Men stable wasn’t really a bad thing for example. Also I don’t see why Kurt and Rachel can’t fit together? Claremont even had them share a kiss a while back, so this isn’t out of left field.

And then if you want a pretty classic X-Men team, with traditional lineups, both Gold and Astonishing are doing that, so you can get your fix there. If you don’t like this book just avoid it, but don’t act like it’s being done at the expense of “classic X-Men vibes”.
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

BishopXLS

Post by BishopXLS » 14 Nov 2017, 01:37

I’m really pleased that Namor is back, and I do like new characters. Only I don’t know who Gabby is. Otherwise, this team is good.

ev82

Post by ev82 » 14 Nov 2017, 01:41

Anna Raven wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 01:24
Honestly I’d get pretty bored if X-Men was always that same basic team, with no changes or new ideas. Adding Namor to the X-Men stable wasn’t really a bad thing for example. Also I don’t see why Kurt and Rachel can’t fit together? Claremont even had them share a kiss a while back, so this isn’t out of left field.

And then if you want a pretty classic X-Men team, with traditional lineups, both Gold and Astonishing are doing that, so you can get your fix there. If you don’t like this book just avoid it, but don’t act like it’s being done at the expense of “classic X-Men vibes”.
Agreed 100%. Also, Cyclops' character progression since Morrison has been one of the best things to happen to the X-Men EVER. They actually turned him into an interesting and complex character, IMO he was pretty one dimensional before that.
X-Men 2.0 Draft: Magik|Archangel|Sage|Revanche|Pete Wisdom|Chamber|Marrow|Caliban|Wild Child|Risque|Base: The World
Exiles Draft: Blink(AOA)|Rachel Summers(DOFP)|Psylocke(AOX)|Rogue(AOA)|Kymera(BOTA)|

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Nov 2017, 01:46

Second, when will Marvel realize that what we want is the real X-Men, not this fake stuff we have been getting

I... Don't remember taking this vote. Did anyone else get to vote? I like my stories evolving. If Cyclops was the same person he was in the 80s that would be pretty disappointing.

You're also going to have to take Laura and Gabby from my cold dead hands. I will definitively say they are the best addition to the X-World since Secret Wars, in my opinion. I'm excited to see Gabby interacting with others and made a more core part of the X-Franchise.

Kurt and Rachel isn't even a new thing. They've been in a constant will they/won't they for as long as I remember. It's about time someone pulled the damn trigger.

Namor has been a member of the X-Men, for the last five years or more. Times change and so so rosters.

Jean Grey leading a team will probably be spelled out in the entire limited series detailing her return plus the early issues of this run. Most of the members on the team have some connection to her, even if through other characters.

ev82

Post by ev82 » 14 Nov 2017, 02:16

X-Men 2.0 Draft: Magik|Archangel|Sage|Revanche|Pete Wisdom|Chamber|Marrow|Caliban|Wild Child|Risque|Base: The World
Exiles Draft: Blink(AOA)|Rachel Summers(DOFP)|Psylocke(AOX)|Rogue(AOA)|Kymera(BOTA)|

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Nov 2017, 02:36

Gabby is literally the best pre-teen mutant since Molly Hayes...

So...I'll ask the BIG question that no one else is asking: will Jonathan the Wolverine join the team????

Gentle actually isn't a new character LOL...

And that roster is basicallythe X-Men TAS characters with Kitty Pryde thrown in because...reasons? LOL

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Nov 2017, 02:56

Just want to point out that in regards to 'real X-Men", a TV show starring Polaris, Thunderbird, a newbie, and like 3 D-listers is considered by many critics and fans as being the best X-live action show ever...LOL

My X-Men Draft Picks:

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 14 Nov 2017, 03:17

To the point about Jean dealing with her personal issues...

She might want to go visit with her parents or other family members, but unfortunately for her they're all just a bunch of radioactive, dead dirt now.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Nov 2017, 03:24

InsipidLust wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 03:17
To the point about Jean dealing with her personal issues...

She might want to go visit with her parents or other family members, but unfortunately for her they're all just a bunch of radioactive, dead dirt now.

Well that just made everything really sad...
On the bright side? Less Christmas shopping...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 14 Nov 2017, 04:06

I have to admit, I'm also not a big fan of the Kurt/Rachel pairing, mostly because my mind keeps flashing back to the fact that Rachel kind of sees her uncle Kurt in Nightcrawler... the guy whose death she feels major guilt over since she was the one that tracked him down and subdued him when she was a hound. There's a lot of deep-seated issues for a shrink to unpack there :lol:
I always felt like Kurt/Kitty/Rachel were kind of a family unit so Claremont's proclivities for teasing a romance between them at times always felt not quite right to me. They all care about each other deeply but there's too much of a paternal/maternal/sibling vibe from them all to make a romance feel organic.

Then again... I think I'm one of the few people that still remembers their awesome time in Excalibur so ...

ev82

Post by ev82 » 14 Nov 2017, 04:15

_Rick_ wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 04:06
I have to admit, I'm also not a big fan of the Kurt/Rachel pairing, mostly because my mind keeps flashing back to the fact that Rachel kind of sees her uncle Kurt in Nightcrawler... the guy whose death she feels major guilt over since she was the one that tracked him down and subdued him when she was a hound. There's a lot of deep-seated issues for a shrink to unpack there :lol:
I always felt like Kurt/Kitty/Rachel were kind of a family unit so Claremont's proclivities for teasing a romance between them at times always felt not quite right to me. They all care about each other deeply but there's too much of a paternal/maternal/sibling vibe from them all to make a romance feel organic.

Then again... I think I'm one of the few people that still remembers their awesome time in Excalibur so ...
I remember it and think of it fondly. Not a fan of the pairing either, but it’s not out of left field.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Nov 2017, 11:53

Yeah I don’t think anybody here was all “yasss Rachurt (or Kachel)”. Just that the pairing has precedent with Claremont...which to be honest, shouldn’t be a thing we have to do.

Claremont, while prolific on the X, hasn’t been their only writer. And as much as people say they want “different”, we seem to have to use him to justify anything new to naysayers, who incidentally also insist on “different” lol.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Nov 2017, 13:48

I am pretty pro Kurt/Rachel, but I never read them before Claremont took over the title back post-Morrison.

Also, I know it's not necessary, but I've been reminded Namor doesn't like redheads. It's the scene that made me a Namor fan so I need him not to pursue Jean.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 14 Nov 2017, 14:43

A weird team, the sollicit story look also little bit like the Eve of Destruction crossover, where Jean also had to make a new unorthodox team

I wil try the first arc at least
I do not give my word... unless I mean to keep it.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Nov 2017, 14:50

I’m only okay with Namor and Jean if it’s 1)purely physical and 2)Jean initiates it...I want Namor to get a lil damsel-y lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 14 Nov 2017, 17:56

tokenBG1009 wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 13:48
Also, I know it's not necessary, but I've been reminded Namor doesn't like redheads. It's the scene that made me a Namor fan so I need him not to pursue Jean.
Ah you're right, I forgot about that. Had to look it up again. "Redheads. 'Ick! Ick! Ick!'"