Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Tempo

You've been to the Character Glossary of uncannyxmen.net, but still have questions regarding how someone's power works? This is the place to ask.
clayford

Tempo

Post by clayford » 25 Jan 2022, 22:32

I recently re-read the Nicieza X-Force run, and it was specifically stated at least twice that Tempo's powers affect people's perception of time but don't actually affect time itself. In more recent appearances, such as her slowing a bomb's timer countdown in Marauders, it seems that she actually does affect the flow of time. Has this change ever been addressed on panel?
Formerly on here as Cly, but forgot my password...and which email address was associated with the account...

Monolith

Re: Tempo

Post by Monolith » 25 Jan 2022, 22:43

No, it's definitely a contradiction. One just has to assume her abilities developed further with time, like Rictor going from a vibration projector into someone with genuine geokinesis.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

clayford

Post by clayford » 25 Jan 2022, 23:39

Thanks!
Formerly on here as Cly, but forgot my password...and which email address was associated with the account...

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 26 Jan 2022, 12:44

That always confused me because she would also use her powers to speed up her teammates. Thumbelina, at least, had a physical reaction to it; like she'd break a sweat.