Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Monolith's Power Descriptions

You've been to the Character Glossary of uncannyxmen.net, but still have questions regarding how someone's power works? This is the place to ask.
tokenBG1009

Re: Monolith's Power Descriptions

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Oct 2019, 12:50

I'm just more impressed with where you find these characters
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 23 Oct 2019, 13:49

@Medium13: Right, well, it is just Destiny's theory at this point. Like Moira's mutant power is a defense mechanism that preserves her knowledge by projecting it back in time, causing the "reincarnation". But if her X-Gene were not active when she died (such as before puberty or maybe even while affected by power dampening technology) then the projection will not happen and reincarnation will not occur.

@Token: I think that Dawn of X "every mutant ever" cover is making me some work.

@Dr. House: I feel like some of these have been asked before, but they just don't deserve a PD. There's nothing to describe for many of them. Sharon Ginsburg had claws and wings. Shortpack was a telepath. Who was short. Jack was a telepath whose body fell apart. Poltergeist was a spontaneous telekinetic. Michaela's spit was gummy and shapeable.

The Marked Man had a weird collection of powers with no apparent connection to each other than only served his particular motif. He had superhuman strength. He could psychically perceive "sins" or guilty acts perpetrated by other people. And he could biologically produce a substance similar to ink from his hands, using it to tattoo or brand his victims with their sins written on their heads.

The Skinless Man was originally a mutant with quasi-plastic, semi-sentient skin. The unique nature of Pizer's skin was extra resilient and elastic, able to absorb punishment and extend itself. His mutant physiology allowed Pizer to unravel his skin off of his musculature without suffering pain or injury. These bands of skin could then reach out with prehensile dexterity to grab, bind, or slash at targets. His skin also had extra-sensory gifts of some sort, allowing him to read documents at a distance through his skin alone. Whether his skin had an enhanced sense of touch like Daredevil (allowing him to "read" the raised ink on the page) or actually had a form of genuine "vision" to "see" through his skin is unclear.

Pizer was supposedly neutralized when he was skinned alive, turning his skin into a collection of hardened mutant-killing bullets. However, his mutant power somehow transferred to his musculature after that. Still lacked any skin on his body, as the Skinless Man Pizer could now unravel his musculature off of his bones in the same manner he used to do with his skin, presumably retaining all the enhanced qualities his skin demonstrated.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

P-90

Post by P-90 » 25 Oct 2019, 21:58

Hello Mono, I have a question about Marrow

When she was with X-Force it was said she's no longer a mutant yet in her last few appearances this no longer seem to be the case, has this been specifically addressed or is it just something the writers have ignored.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 26 Oct 2019, 22:16

Could be a couple of things.

Marrow's "genetic memory" of her powers was connected to the Volga process also being used in X-Force Vol 4. Hope essentially gained the power to control the Volga process at the end, allowing her to cure Cable and undo Fantomex's enhancements, I think. She could have fixed Marrow as well, somehow.

Marrow also appeared in X-Men: Blue among the New Tian mutants augmented by Mothervine, which was used to restore previous mutants (Wildside, Beak) or provide secondary mutations to existing mutants (Wolfsbane, Toad). That could also be responsible.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

P-90

Post by P-90 » 26 Oct 2019, 22:33

Thanks.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Cable

Post by Cable » 04 Nov 2019, 04:39

Can I get a PD on Artie and Leech
Best X-comic last week: X-Men #3
Best non-X comic last week: Annihilation Scourge Fantastic Four

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 04 Nov 2019, 14:21

Page 35.

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 04 Nov 2019, 21:40

I know that there is a PD on Brother Voodoo / Doctor Voodoo. Has anything changed since he took up the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme and joined the Uncanny Avengers? Did he show new applications of his skills and powers?

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 05 Nov 2019, 16:06

Page 20 of the Archives.

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 07 Nov 2019, 10:55

Thanks.

Monet

Post by Monet » 08 Nov 2019, 19:11

@Monolith

Does Mister Fantastic have a melting or freezing point? I know he has dense flesh with great malleability and elasticity of his molecular structure and that he can absorb the absorb the energy of a large explosive 8 to 12 pounds of TNT which would cause a terrible shock to his system but would begin to melt or take on damage with higher level explosions and heat or freeze at some point in outer space, freeze on a planet with a extremely low temperature or taken ice damage from a cryokinetic manipulator?
"You just put six holes in a Louis Vuitton shirt and you expect me to 'wait'? For what? The 'fashion police?" ― M.

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 08 Nov 2019, 19:32

Yes, he is vulnerable to heat and cold. Reed can be burned, and his nerve endings register pain from fire like any normal person. Cold can reduce his elasticity overall and leaves him vulnerable to fracture and shattering.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Nov 2019, 20:36

Monolith wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 19:32
Yes, he is vulnerable to heat and cold. Reed can be burned, and his nerve endings register pain from fire like any normal person. Cold can reduce his elasticity overall and leaves him vulnerable to fracture and shattering.
Could he/has he ever been "melted"?
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 08 Nov 2019, 21:00

There's no reason to think he can't be. It's just not the sort of thing you can come back from, as a living being, so we've never seen it tested on him.

ikkem

Post by ikkem » 19 Nov 2019, 22:24

Could you do a pd of the new agents of atlas, like aero, swordmaster, wave, crescent, luna snow, and white fox?

Monet

Post by Monet » 21 Nov 2019, 05:33

@Monolith

Can you explain how Hope Abbott (Trance) can now project her astral form without going into a "trance," comatose or unconscious. How is she able to operate both forms? As seem in these pictures below:
"You just put six holes in a Louis Vuitton shirt and you expect me to 'wait'? For what? The 'fashion police?" ― M.

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 21 Nov 2019, 15:20

@ikkem: I haven't been reading their solo series, sorry. From NAoA, though, they mostly seem pretty generic: Aero controls wind, Luna controls cold, Wave controls water, Swordsmaster has a sword, etc.

White Fox is a Kumiko, a mythical Korean being known as a nine-tailed fox. She can shape change into an actual fox and, as a humanoid, possesses superhuman strength, agility, reflexes, and other attributes. She also has heightened senses and the ability to verbally persuade others into doing what she asks.

@Monet:

Monet, I have to assume you haven't read those issues? Because those are nearly 10 year old comics you're citing out of context, from the X-Men Utopia era. If you read the comics in question, you'd have your answers. Trance's powers were unstable at the time, but even then she wasn't operating in both forms separately. Her astral form is "stretching" from her body in those panels, but not truly separating from her.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 21 Nov 2019, 17:18

A tidbit of extra info since Mono doesn't know a ton about them.

Aero controls wind, can fly, and can use her wind powers similarly to Wind Dancer to do things like use air currents to detect sound and pressure changes.

Sword Master uses the Fu Xi Sword which contains generic mystical powers.

Crescent uses a red bear mask that summons a "half-moon" bear spirit named Io.

Luna Snow's ice control powers can also be used to heal herself and others.

Aero is a mystical hero, Sword Master and Crescent use mystical items, and Luna and Wave are mutates.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"