Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Monolith's Power Descriptions

You've been to the Character Glossary of uncannyxmen.net, but still have questions regarding how someone's power works? This is the place to ask.
Monolith

Re: Monolith's Power Descriptions

Post by Monolith » 03 Sep 2019, 13:49

Colossus typically relies upon his incredible durability rather than any form of healing factor. Most occasions I can think of when he was notably injured in armored form required outside support or assistance to recover.

- A broken arm during Second Coming was reset using a hydraulic press.

- He was heavily injured fighting the Marauders in the Mutant Massacre. His body was invisibly leaking energy from various wounds, which required Magneto to magnetically seal.

- The X-Cutioner's saber caved in the side of his head. Piotr remained in his armored form for several weeks to avoid potentially fatal consequences upon reverting to human form. The damage was externally repaired in Excalibur #71.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

P-90

Post by P-90 » 03 Sep 2019, 18:53

Hello Mono

Could I get a PD on Go-Devil and Miguela Tores?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 03 Sep 2019, 19:46

Also, when Pete Wisdom used his hot knives on Piotr, they had to use lasers to melt and repair his spine.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Monet

Post by Monet » 05 Sep 2019, 00:41

@ Monolith

1) Thanks for that. I also remember seeing Colossus with a broken arm but I couldn't remember if it was broken out of his armored state or in his skin and bones.

2) Did you ever figure out what the shape of Shakti/Cerebra's psionic energy signature was in?
"You just put six holes in a Louis Vuitton shirt and you expect me to 'wait'? For what? The 'fashion police?" ― M.

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 05 Sep 2019, 05:48

Monet wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 00:41
@ Monolith

1) Thanks for that. I also remember seeing Colossus with a broken arm but I couldn't remember if it was broken out of his armored state or in his skin and bones.

2) Did you ever figure out what the shape of Shakti/Cerebra's psionic energy signature was in?
I don't think there's a specific name for Shakti's construct but, yes, it does resemble a diadem.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 05 Sep 2019, 13:55

@Monet: I read a lot of comics, but I don't have any specialized knowledge when it comes to geometric shapes. You'll need to research that yourself if you're interested.

@P-90: Tores had the ability to generate a psychic blast from her mind. The blast could damage physical matter, even to the point of total disintegration when she pushed her limits.

Go-Devil was a psycho-savant with the power to actualize the potential energy of his molecules, according to Psi-Lord's assessment. In practice, he could energize his physical form, producing a burning glow that resembled electricity. He could fly at great speeds and release his power outwards as blasts or a radial discharge.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

P-90

Post by P-90 » 05 Sep 2019, 15:31

I read that Tores 'absorbed ambient psychic energy' to power her blasts, was this ever actually shown? if so did it have any effect on people and was she shown to have some resistance to telepathic attack?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 05 Sep 2019, 17:21

No, that's something I made up 20 years ago in high school in order to sound smart on the internet, and got it posted on a few sites. I wised up and matured, but it had been copied to so many different websites, it'll never completely disappear.

I am being completely serious.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 05 Sep 2019, 17:35

Monolith wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 17:21
No, that's something I made up 20 years ago in high school in order to sound smart on the internet, and got it posted on a few sites. I wised up and matured, but it had been copied to so many different websites, it'll never completely disappear.

I am being completely serious.
Monolith's origin is revealed. Cursed by his spreading of misinformation he must know live forever and wander the 'nets spreading only true knowledge or never regain his soul.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 05 Sep 2019, 17:53

^ Basically that.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 05 Sep 2019, 19:39

Really? wow!

Thanks anyway.

Monet

Post by Monet » 11 Sep 2019, 03:38

Could I get a PD on the team First Line (mainly: Rapunzel, Eternal Brain & Walkabout, Firefall, Frank (Frankenstein Monster), Katyusha, Liberty Girl (Beverly), Kid Justice/Mr. Justice, Morph (First Line), Nightingale, Oxbow, Positron, Rebound, Reflex, Riot Act, Vulcan (First Line), & Yeti) as well as allies Truth MacRae (Gadfly), Fred MacRae (Captain Hip), and Autumn MacRae (Sunshine).
"You just put six holes in a Louis Vuitton shirt and you expect me to 'wait'? For what? The 'fashion police?" ― M.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 11 Sep 2019, 12:23

Could I get a PD on Alistaire Stuart, I know his body is 'malleable' but how so? how has it been used in the past and does he have any control over it?

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 11 Sep 2019, 12:49

@Monet: There's really nothing of value to say about most of the First Line characters. They were one-note characters, many of whom appeared in a single issue, who either used their powers once or had obvious physical traits. Positron shoots blasts, Rebound bounces, Firefall has fire, etc. I literally cannot tell you more than that because there is nothing more to say. These Power Descriptions that I write work best when dealing with characters who has multiple appearances over time, who might need explanation for how various applications of their powers over years work together and make sense. One off characters with no origin who appeared in one story just don't do justice to this format.

@P-90: I think the "malleable curse" of Alistair Stuart was a retcon fix, explaining why he looked so old and different in the Wisdom limited series versus normally. So, because of the curse, he apparently changes physical appearance sometimes. Once it was actually mentioned in MI-13, it seems like some forms of magic did not work against him because his curse had "priority". He could sense the presence of certain forms of enchantment as their "effects" started brushing up against the effect of his curse. Beyond that, though, no further use or explanation of his curse was made.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 11 Sep 2019, 14:43

Thanks.

ikkem

Post by ikkem » 11 Sep 2019, 19:53

Could you pls update nature girl after generation x and age of x men, she seems alot more powerfull

Dr House

Post by Dr House » 14 Sep 2019, 01:45

Is there a PD on John Sublime the bacterium/Kick?

The animal part of Wolverine’s and Sabretooth’s mutations. What does it entail besides claws, pointed canine teeth, untamed hair, and animalistic rages?

Piecemeal’s energy absorption. Was there a mass factor involved? I just don’t get how all that energy he absorbs makes him a mass of flesh when someone like Bishop isn’t affected like that.
"You come at the king, you best not miss."

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Sep 2019, 02:21

Wolverine and Sabretooth both have enhanced senses as well.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 16 Sep 2019, 13:27

@ikkem: A full explanation of Nature Girl's powers hasn't been forthcoming, other than that it encompasses "all nature". She seems capable of communicating with animals, but also with plant and vegetable life and the elements of weather. Her weather control is marked as less severe than Storm's but its hard to use developments in an alternate reality like Age of X-Man to judge her full potential under regular circumstances.

@Dr. House:

Sublime is a bacterial organism able to infect and house itself in the bodies of larger host organisms. Sublime can propagate itself and separate into distinct quantities which can be disseminated over a wide area. Sublime typically maintains a specific host body through which he/it directly interacts with other macro-organisms. Sublime can influence host organisms he inhabits in small quantities, nudging their behavior. It's unclear what the requirements are for Sublime to fully take over a host -- whether it's merely a matter of concentration, or if a certain quantity of Sublime bacteria must be inside the host for a certain period of time. Contained in the aerosol drug "Kick", Sublime could be administered to mutants to boost their powers for a time, creating an addictive relationship where the mutant repeatedly exposed themselves to Sublime, increasing his influence over them.

There is no "non-animal part" of Wolverine and Sabretooth's mutations. So what they're capable of in general is a result of their animal mutations.

His powers just worked differently than Bishop's. Further, we never saw Piecemeal's ability working in a normal situation -- absorbing the dispersed sentient energy of Proteus was a unique form of energy capable of warping reality, and may have caused his powers to operate differently than otherwise.