Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Moses Magnum‘s power origin

If you have a hankerin' to ask questions about the Avengers, Spider-Man or any other Marvel title, feel free to post any questions here.
Aeon

Moses Magnum‘s power origin

Post by Aeon » 27 Jun 2020, 21:29

Just because it came to my attention, and it isn’t in any relation to the upcoming draft game:

So Apocalypse was responsible for giving Moses his powers. But isn’t that against everything Apocalypse stands for?
He was always favoring „real mutants“. People born with the X-Gene.
But he mutated Moses, artificially outfitted him with mutant powers to become a human mutate like the F4.

So, does Moses count now as a mutant?

Monolith

Re: Moses Magnum‘s power origin

Post by Monolith » 27 Jun 2020, 22:01

...Nah.

He's made humans (Ozymandias, Sinister), cyborgs (Ahab), aliens (Deathbird), mutates (Hulk), and other non-powered individuals (Gazer, Polaris) into Horsemen or operatives in the past. When it comes to getting the job done, Apocalypse will take whomever he wants.

And no, Moses Magnum is not recognized as as mutant.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Aeon

Re: Moses Magnum‘s power origi

Post by Aeon » 27 Jun 2020, 22:05

Oh.. ahhh I forgot about Ahab, Deathbird, and Hulk and I thought the others were (latent) mutants.

Thanks a lot!

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 29 Jun 2020, 23:34

Aeon wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 22:05
Oh.. ahhh I forgot about Ahab, Deathbird, and Hulk and I thought the others were (latent) mutants.

Thanks a lot!
Gazer and Polaris were mutants, but had been Decimated at the time they were converted into Horsemen. Also, the entire original lineup of the Riders on the Storm were Inhumans.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 23 Feb 2021, 19:48

sambadaemon wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 23:34
Aeon wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 22:05

Thanks a lot!
Gazer and Polaris were mutants, but had been Decimated at the time they were converted into Horsemen. Also, the entire original lineup of the Riders on the Storm were Inhumans.
They forgot about that in the issue in which Foxbat was killed. They talked about him being judged for his appearance as a child. I doubt that happened in inhuman society. But I could be wrong.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 04 Mar 2021, 18:09

The Inhuman society has a quite literal caste system. I absolutely believe that they’d judge someone on appearance
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 09 Mar 2021, 12:40

das_boot wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 18:09
The Inhuman society has a quite literal caste system. I absolutely believe that they’d judge someone on appearance
Oh, the inhumans are definitely snobs. But the caste system is royal family > inhuman > alpha primitive. While not stated outright, the dark riders were supposed to be lesser members of the royal family. Psynapse, at least, was identified as Crystal's cousin. Just strikes me as strange that he'd have to run from bullies because of his appearance as a child.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Foxbat_(Earth-616)

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 09 Mar 2021, 13:29

The Inhumans maxi-series went into detail about how Inhumans can devalue each other based on appearance. Once they go into the Terrigen Mist at puberty, they are separated into different training schools based on the utility of their mutation to society. Two besties went through the Mist together and one came out as a flyer, which was very important and cool for Inhuman society. The other just got weird fingers, and so the flyer abandoned her former friend to become part of the elite crowd. (The flyer later tried to reconcile with her friend when it was discovered her fingers had healing powers, but her friend refused.) There are multiple other examples, but Inhumans would absolutely judge each other on appearance.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 21 Mar 2021, 22:02

Monolith wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 13:29
The Inhumans maxi-series went into detail about how Inhumans can devalue each other based on appearance. Once they go into the Terrigen Mist at puberty, they are separated into different training schools based on the utility of their mutation to society. Two besties went through the Mist together and one came out as a flyer, which was very important and cool for Inhuman society. The other just got weird fingers, and so the flyer abandoned her former friend to become part of the elite crowd. (The flyer later tried to reconcile with her friend when it was discovered her fingers had healing powers, but her friend refused.) There are multiple other examples, but Inhumans would absolutely judge each other on appearance.
That's good to know.