Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Spider-Man's love life

If you have a hankerin' to ask questions about the Avengers, Spider-Man or any other Marvel title, feel free to post any questions here.
Aeon

Spider-Man's love life

Post by Aeon » 04 Jun 2020, 13:21

This is going to be a good one, guys!

See, I am somehow interested in the Spider mythology, but not as much as I would buy ongoing titles. I have those Mulitverse stories at home, and I begun to buy the classic Clone Saga trades. And some stuff I know from reading the wiki entries.

One thing I couldn't really get a hang on was, what is Peter's relationship status?

I know this One More Day changed his and MJ's relationship but I still have no clue what definitely happend and how it impacted him.
So far I know he has been with Mockingbird for a time and a few others?

Did Mephisto completely erase the relationship betwenn Peter and MJ so that they never knew each other at all?
Last edited by Aeon on 04 Jun 2020, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

Monolith

Re: Spider-Man's live life

Post by Monolith » 04 Jun 2020, 13:47

One More Day retroactive erased Peter and Mary Jane's marriage from the timeline. However, their relationship was virtually the same. Basically, an event happened on their wedding day that caused MJ to pull out of the actual ceremony. They did not break up, but continued having a relationship, living together, conceiving and losing a baby, etc. Basically, the one thing Marvel editorial hated worse than the idea of a married Spider-Man was a divorced Spider-Man, so they had to end the relationship without making Peter Parker a divorcee.

The reason Spider-Man made a deal with Mephisto in the first place was to get his secret identity to be secret again after Civil War and, as a result, save the life of Aunt May who had been shot by agents of the Kingpin trying to kill Peter. The identity was the bargain, the marriage was Mephisto's price. As a result, new events occurred in the timeline which allowed Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Mister Fantastic to come together and cast a massive techno-enhanced spell that wiped all data from the universe about Peter Parker unmasking -- from newspaper articles to people's memories. Everybody would forget Peter's identity. There was an "eye of the storm" in the spell being cast, however, and Peter pulled MJ into that eye so she would remember his identity. Afterwards, however, MJ said she had wanted to forget because her life had become too crazy because of Spider-Man. So they broke up when his secret identity was restored at the end of One More Day, leading into Brand New Day.

Since then, Peter has dated a bit. He had a friends-with-benefits thing going again with the Black Cat for a while. He had an extended relationship with Carlie Cooper, a police forensics officer. He did date Mockingbird for a while too. Peter and Carol Danvers are also attracted to each other, but a date or two convinced them they were better as friends. Since his current series began, though, Peter and MJ have reconciled (as a relationship -- neither they nor anyone else remembers their marriage).
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Aeon

Re: Spider-Man's love life

Post by Aeon » 04 Jun 2020, 14:12

Ohhhhhhhh

That clears up. Thank you very much. I couldn't piece the events together correctly especially why they broke up after OMD and when Black Cat and he started youknowhat.

And into Carol too.. wow. He must have felt bad when she and the big hunk War Machine started their thing. :lol: