Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Ms. Marvel Question

If you have a hankerin' to ask questions about the Avengers, Spider-Man or any other Marvel title, feel free to post any questions here.
manuel_mc89

Ms. Marvel Question

Post by manuel_mc89 » 26 Aug 2019, 20:39

I didnt find this in her wiki, but considering that terrigenesis is suppossed to affect whole families, of family lines, who else in his family was affected by the mists? Her mother or her father, and why didnt it affect her brother? Or it did and i missed it.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Lavettye

Re: Ms. Marvel Question

Post by Lavettye » 26 Aug 2019, 21:41

Kamala's family wasn't exposed to the mists, and it happened to Kamala only by accident. She was attending a school party by the waterfront when the Terrigen Cloud circling the globe hit New Jersey's water front.
[PL_2.0]

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 26 Aug 2019, 21:51

There was also a storyline where Kamala met a old friend named Kamran who was also exposed to the Jersey City mists. Kamran kidnapped Kamala's brother Aamir and tried to expose him to what he thought were Terrigen mists. Aamir developed the ability to project forcefields for a short time. But it apparently wasn't really Terrigen, and Aamir claimed prayer healed him of his powers. They haven't touched that storyline since.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 26 Aug 2019, 23:22

Ok, thank you. Dont know why i remembered the inhuman cloud affecting everywhere, but it was really a cloud that was traveling the world, and the plan to make it global was wat set up the whole IVX thing.

But, the point does remain that either her father or her mother must be inhumans too, right?
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 26 Aug 2019, 23:40

Well, one of them must have some Inhuman genes, but they themselves apparently have no knowledge of it. Apparently over the centuries, some Inhumans ventured into the outside world and had offspring, and as long the Inhuman genes aren't activated they could be unknowingly passed on for generations.
After all, that was the point of the Terrigen cloud traveling the globe story. All over the world there's some people with latent Inhuman genes, totally unaware of the fact that they had some Inhuman ancestors several generations removed. Upon being hit by the cloud, these People entered terrigenesis, not just Kamala.
[PL_2.0]

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 26 Aug 2019, 23:44

There was a series of flashbacks about Kamala's family leaving Pakistan generations ago at one point, and one of her ancestors talked about their "special" heritage. I forget who it was specifically, but it implicitly narrowed down which side of her family tree the Inhuman genes were coming from.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 27 Aug 2019, 13:17

Ok, thanks everybody