Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

New Avengers - Sauron‘s escape

If you have a hankerin' to ask questions about the Avengers, Spider-Man or any other Marvel title, feel free to post any questions here.
UrbanExplorer

New Avengers - Sauron‘s escape

Post by UrbanExplorer » 14 Mar 2019, 19:39

I’ve read the issues backwards and forwards, but I still have no idea why the Skrulls wanted Sauron out of the jail. They hired Elektro to break Sauron free, but why? What was Sauron‘s job to be in the Savage Land?

The Skrulls could have any of the 80 other villains set free, but why Sauron?

grief

Re: New Avengers - Sauron‘s escape

Post by grief » 14 Mar 2019, 21:18

I would put money down that Bendis didn't have any kind of plan regarding Sauron. HOWEVER, I would put down money that he would answer this question by saying "They wanted another rogue element out in there in the world, drawing the heroes attention to THAT instead of them." I don't believe it's ever been addressed otherwise.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 14 Mar 2019, 21:54

That really bothers me for a week now. The moment Sauron started to reveal the reason, he was shot by the second Black Widow.

And the whole time I had the feeling that parts are missing from that storyline. Why freeing Sauron, the only con from the savage land, when the Skrulls are harvesting the vibranium there in shield disguise?

Or did the Skrulls plan this all along? So that breaking out Sauron was meant to lead heroes to this „S.H.I.E.L.D“ mining facility, to plant seeds of distrust between Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D? And Sauron was just a bait to lure the heroes there?

I am mising the link.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Mar 2019, 23:05

The last part...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 14 Mar 2019, 23:14

Blackcyclops wrote: