Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Destiny's appearance

This place is for any factual questions on the X-Titles or their characters. You want to know who the mystery person in some issue was or how a certain storyline ended - ask here.
whitehotcrowne

Destiny's appearance

Post by whitehotcrowne » 13 Oct 2021, 07:42

How is it that Destiny appears youthful in costume with exposed skin wearing a leotard yet out of costume her age is undeniable. I always assumed that she had retarded aging due to her mutation to see the future gave her the longevity to see it through but her appearance varies so dramatically and now with her resurrection we can assume she has been de-aged to her peak.

Nu-D

Re: Destiny's appearance

Post by Nu-D » 13 Oct 2021, 10:40

I’m not aware of any canonical treatment of Destiny’s aging. I think it’s just a function of comic book artists accustomed to drawing a narrow range of figures, and struggling to consistently depict one that’s outside their usual range.
He/him/his

Holland Oates

Re: Destiny's appearance

Post by Holland Oates » 13 Oct 2021, 20:56

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/destinyx.htm

They mention her slow aging in the old handbooks, not that it's a definitive source. The same information showed up in the link above.