Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Post PoX Mutant Death and Ressurection

This place is for any factual questions on the X-Titles or their characters. You want to know who the mystery person in some issue was or how a certain storyline ended - ask here.
northy33

Re: Post PoX Mutant Death and Ressurection

Post by northy33 » 19 Jul 2021, 09:02

recently died and resurrected:

Pete Wisdom (Excalibur)

Also - SOMNUS (new character; PRIDE special) - although in some ways it is debatable:

As Somnus died of 'old age' - will ALL MUTANTS after 'dying of old age/illness - maybe' be resurrected again?

Seems to be a much more interesting question regarding the interactions with the rest of the world....
let the play begin.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Oct 2021, 04:00

Obviously, this thread hasn't been kept up to the latest comics, but it seemed the best place for me to ask a factual question, without needing to create a whole thread for something kind of small (in the grand scheme of things).

Putting in Spoiler tags for very recent issues, so if you aren't caught up to Inferno #1, please don't click on the spoilers.
Spoiler: show
So I'm getting caught up on my X-reading, and have been catching up on what I thought would be essential to be able to dive into Inferno #1.

Both Inferno #1 and Way of X #5 begin the same way. Xavier is being resurrected. In Way of X it seems he and a large number of young mutants were all killed by Legion. In Inferno, Xavier and I'm guessing Magneto are being raised by Moira?

But I can't seem to find the precedent deaths for these two events. It seems really strange Xavier would die and be raised twice in two different comics that released on the same day, and yet there seem to be no comics that actually show the deaths happening. Also I'm guessing these deaths and resurrections are completely unrelated? For someone who hasn't been keeping up with all the latest reading, this was REALLY confusing. Editorial should have probably kept these books from having such similar intro pages especially with them being released at the same time...
Last edited by Anna Raven on 11 Oct 2021, 04:31, edited 2 times in total.
Savage Avengers Draft: She-Hulk | Elektra | Echo | Gamora | Rogue | Chun Li | White Widow | Shuri

northy33

Post by northy33 » 11 Oct 2021, 04:18

Sorry, I usually post the resurrected here - but am also behind with my Reading.

I have not checked Inferno out - but:

In Way oft X - onslaught takes over during the Talk between Legion And Xavier. Thus Legion / Xorn/Zorn kill everyone +present+…

Strongly suggested in the next part that the 63 dead are from this incident.

As for Inferno the best that is said now is
that the resurrections are flashforwards
let the play begin.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Oct 2021, 04:29

Ok so it happened in Way of X #4? That makes sense because I read that issue what feels like a long time ago. So I probably forgot it. Thanks.
Savage Avengers Draft: She-Hulk | Elektra | Echo | Gamora | Rogue | Chun Li | White Widow | Shuri

northy33

Post by northy33 » 11 Oct 2021, 15:30

Absolutely right. - in Way of X # 4 - many are killed - in # 5 - 63 are resurrected.
let the play begin.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Oct 2021, 18:04

Thank you northy, I went back and looked at it, and that scene was odd, it was a very small panel comparatively, at the bottom of a page, I'm not surprised I forgot it. I remembered the Nightcrawler/Cortez ice cream scene much more vividly. I think it also shows how much death has gotten devalued in the Krakoa era, because a bunch of people flash fried into skeletons didn't even register as a big deal to the artist or writer (or myself apparently).

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Oct 2021, 18:11

Kinda wild you missed that since it’s critical to Onslaught’s plan lol
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Oct 2021, 00:47

Blackcyclops wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 18:11
Kinda wild you missed that since it’s critical to Onslaught’s plan lol
Recently everything's been feeling mushed together, so I forget a lot of details. Sometimes, I read like 20 comics all at once then go a month or two without reading any. I'm having trouble remembering the details.

northy33

Post by northy33 » 27 Oct 2021, 19:27

catching up with the death tolls plus resurrections

around the Hellfire Gala:

Black King (Marauders)

Vague / Flambé / Tremolo (CotA)(not 100 % confirmed, but strongly suggested by the story; should have gone through Crucible)

Scout (New Mutants)

63 mutants (all the visitors of Blob’s bar) (Way of X)
Nightcrawler (Way of X)

Multiple Man (X-Corp)

tbc.

(Not up to date with all the October comics.../including all of Inferno)
let the play begin.

Leo

Post by Leo » 28 Oct 2021, 05:00

Wait, when did Sebastian Shaw die and gone through resurrection protocol?
Avengers Draft: Hyperion, Invisible Woman, Manifold, Blue Marvel, Smasher, Starbrand, Abyss, Scarlet Spider

X-Draft: Cyclops, Psylocke, Colossus, Northstar, Nate Grey, Shatterstar, Cypher, Abigail Brand, Firestar, Madison Jeffries, Slipstream, Darkstar

northy33

Post by northy33 » 28 Oct 2021, 06:52

Issue # 22 - After the Hellfire Gala. He is restored to complete Health - and in conversation with Emma says explicitly it was - off panel- agreed, that he can undergo resurrection after the Gala.
let the play begin.

Pokeyoats

Post by Pokeyoats » 09 Dec 2021, 18:09

I’m not reading any comic books right now and haven’t for awhile. I’ve been casually keeping up with the happenings via this board and was curious about one mutant and whether or not they have been resurrected. Has Squid Boy been among the revived? I would be very interested to see how Juggernaut reacts to his little buddy, who really helped push Juggs to be more heroic, coming back.

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, I apologize.

Cable

Post by Cable » 09 Dec 2021, 19:04

Pokeyoats wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:09
I’m not reading any comic books right now and haven’t for awhile. I’ve been casually keeping up with the happenings via this board and was curious about one mutant and whether or not they have been resurrected. Has Squid Boy been among the revived? I would be very interested to see how Juggernaut reacts to his little buddy, who really helped push Juggs to be more heroic, coming back.

Squid Boy has not made an appearance yet.
Best Comics of Week 30

X-titles: Gambit #1 by Chris Claremont (2) and Sid Kotian (1)
Non-X titles: Ant-Man #1 by Al Ewing (1) and Tom Reilly (1)

In parentheses number of times creator had best comic this year

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 09 Dec 2021, 19:20

Cable wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 19:04
Pokeyoats wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 18:09

Squid Boy has not made an appearance yet.
I hope that toward the very very end of Hickman's run here, he establishes that they've gone through the entire list of mutants needing resurrection, so that if for whatever reason someone wanted to use Squidboy again someday they could.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 09 Dec 2021, 20:54

Would he not fall under the umbrella of "all Academy X kids have been resurrected", even though we haven't seen him yet?

northy33

Post by northy33 » 12 Jun 2022, 08:49

Catching up - at last - with most of the recent dead and resurrected:

Forearm (S.W.O.R.D.)
Mystique (X Deaths of Wolverine)
Banshee (X Deaths of Wolverine)
Omega Red (X Lives of Wolverine)
{unclear: Forge - as he was depowered in X Lives of Wolverine}
Cyclops (X-Men)
Cable (X-Men Red)

Forge, Havok, Polaris (+ several unidentified others) (X-Force, current storyline)
let the play begin.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 12 Jun 2022, 12:49

Spoilers for the digital XMen Unlimited title.
Maggott is killed and resurrected but it has created a situation with Eany and Meany
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 12 Jun 2022, 14:30

sambadaemon wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 20:54
Would he not fall under the umbrella of "all Academy X kids have been resurrected", even though we haven't seen him yet?
Until they physically appear (mentions count) they don’t count, imo.

elixir86

Post by elixir86 » 13 Jun 2022, 14:41

Holland Oates wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 14:30
sambadaemon wrote:
Squid Boy could be returning soon
.AIPT: Well, if you liked those two questions, you’ll love this one! X-Fan Mark Floor said Evan/Genesis, Zero, Squidboy, Dummy, and Basilisk are all dead characters. Do you think it’s time to bring back at least one?

Jordan: I know for a fact that at least one of them is coming back.

AIPT: Are you going to tell Mark who?

Jordan: I’m not going to say who but absolutely one of them will be back. Evan’s complicated though, man, because he’s a clone and obviously yeah, the Five are saying we should bring clones back, but I don’t think the conversation ends with them just saying that, so…

AIPT: These are the characters people care about, Jordan.

Jordan: I know. And listen — 20% of the people will be happy, because one of those characters is definitely coming back.

X- Men Monday 154

SMidnite

Post by SMidnite » 14 Jun 2022, 20:25

People actually care about Dummy and Basilisk?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Jun 2022, 21:33

SMidnite wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 20:25

These are x-fans we’re talking about…there’s an unnamed mutant in a back panel in X-Force #68 from the 90s who has a vocal fanbase…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 15 Jun 2022, 14:50

elixir86 wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 14:41
Holland Oates wrote:
12 Jun 2022, 14:30
sambadaemon wrote:
Squid Boy could be returning soon
.AIPT: Well, if you liked those two questions, you’ll love this one! X-Fan Mark Floor said Evan/Genesis, Zero, Squidboy, Dummy, and Basilisk are all dead characters. Do you think it’s time to bring back at least one?

Jordan: I know for a fact that at least one of them is coming back.

AIPT: Are you going to tell Mark who?

Jordan: I’m not going to say who but absolutely one of them will be back. Evan’s complicated though, man, because he’s a clone and obviously yeah, the Five are saying we should bring clones back, but I don’t think the conversation ends with them just saying that, so…

AIPT: These are the characters people care about, Jordan.

Jordan: I know. And listen — 20% of the people will be happy, because one of those characters is definitely coming back.

X- Men Monday 154
And people get on me for asking about Kidogo (who could have easily been included in that xfactor party scene but nope). I hope that Squid Boy returns, if only for his fans.

Holland Oates

Post by Holland Oates » 15 Jun 2022, 14:52

Blackcyclops wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 21:33
SMidnite wrote:

These are x-fans we’re talking about…there’s an unnamed mutant in a back panel in X-Force #68 from the 90s who has a vocal fanbase…
She had a name. Michelle Balters aka Neurotap

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Michelle ... Earth-616)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Jun 2022, 15:19

Holland Oates wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 14:52
Blackcyclops wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 21:33
SMidnite wrote:

She had a name. Michelle Balters aka Neurotap

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Michelle ... Earth-616)
You scared me lol…for a second I thought she actually appeared in that particular issue lmao
-Cly