Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Post HoX Mutant Appearances

This place is for any factual questions on the X-Titles or their characters. You want to know who the mystery person in some issue was or how a certain storyline ended - ask here.
Monolith

Re: Post HoX Mutant Appearances

Post by Monolith » 28 Jan 2021, 21:20

I think there was something once that said they were mutant pterodactyls, or pterodactyls that carried a mutated virus when they scratched him, but I can't recall the source.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Feb 2021, 03:07

Small update this week:

Dead Girl made her first appearance in Strange Academy #8.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Hephaestion

Post by Hephaestion » 08 Feb 2021, 02:22

Uh oh...re: S.W.O.R.D. #3:
Spoiler: show
Lifter and Burner of Mutant Force appear to be making an appearance...

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Feb 2021, 02:25

Hah, yeah, I saw that. I tend to not post about solicit info in the actual thread but they're already in the main post (under spoiler tags). Thanks!

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 08 Feb 2021, 14:06

EphemeristX wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 03:07
Small update this week:

I've actually been curious how resurrection will work with mutants whose powers hinge on them being dead, like Dead Girl or that boy from the Academy X Lower Class who was a ghost.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Feb 2021, 20:51

sambadaemon wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 14:06
EphemeristX wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 03:07
Small update this week:

I've actually been curious how resurrection will work with mutants whose powers hinge on them being dead, like Dead Girl or that boy from the Academy X Lower Class who was a ghost.
Jeffrey Garret? He had his powers before he died. It’s also suggested that his mutation was linked to his status as a ghost since after M-Day, he vanished entirely— he would just need to be resurrected normally, presumably.

Dead Girl is slightly different as her mutation didn’t kick in until she was killed... so, I suppose the suggestion here is that either she was resurrected and killed in order to activate her mutation, she was resurrected as undead, or she hasn’t been through the RP at all, but has been resurrected by Doctor Strange (he’s resurrected her previously, albeit temporarily and made out of bacon)
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Feb 2021, 17:09

Oops. Accidentally editted this post away. Not sure what it was.
Last edited by EphemeristX on 10 Feb 2021, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 09 Feb 2021, 18:25

I thought Silhouette and the Fenris twins weren't mutants. Also, for some reason I really want to know what Wrench's powers are and why Callisto still wears an eye patch after her rebirth.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 09 Feb 2021, 19:23

The Fenris twins are "artificially-engineered mutants", but what specifically that means has never been explained. One would assume the X-Gene was deliberately incorporated into their genetic code at some point by an outside source (probably Arnim Zola), but whether it was pre- or post-birth isn't clear. If Krakoa is accepting them as mutants, pre-birth seems more likely, but not certain.

Silhouette was active during the earlier era of Marvel where everybody "born with powers" was presumed to be a mutant. In 2005, Daisy Johnson in Secret War opened up the idea that only people with the X-Gene were mutants, and people could be born with powers for a variety of reasons. Silhouette was the product of a controlled breeding program centered around a fountain of quasi-mystical energy known as the Wellspring of Power, which influenced all born near and around it. She's a high candidate for someone with powers activated by a source other than the X-Gene. Just because her powers CAN have developed without an X-Gene, however, doesn't mean they DID. Her situation has not been fully clarified.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Feb 2021, 19:24

Fenris were on Krakoa itself, so they're definitely mutants. And Sil is officially a mutant, recently stated to be one in New Warriors (vol 5) #7.
RCO018.jpg
RCO018.jpg (65.97 KiB) Viewed 1032 times

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 09 Feb 2021, 19:50

Eh. I don't consider caption boxes definitive on the matter. Until she shows up on Krakoa or is denied entry, I think it's going to remain ambiguous. Besides, it's not just her: it would also include such stand-out characters as Midnight's Fire, Bloodstrike, Silk Fever, Smiling Tiger, Bandit, and possibly even Night Thrasher getting confirmed as mutants too.

And while Fenris are "mutants", they open the discussion more about how "mutant" do you have to be to be on Krakoa? Sinister is not a mutant, but he's a Chimera-engineered being with an X-Gene (and useful to the nation) so he's allowed in. Deadpool has a healing factor engineered from a mutant's cells, but no X-Gene, so he's not in. So were Fenris artificially-engineered before birth to possess the X-Gene, or was the X-Gene added to their genetic make-up after it was initially formed? If it's the latter, and Fenris is allowed in, would other engineered mutants like the U-Men or the Y-Men be allowed in, if they deliberately modified themselves to be mutant "enough"?

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 09 Feb 2021, 20:38

Monolith wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 19:50
Eh. I don't consider caption boxes definitive on the matter. Until she shows up on Krakoa or is denied entry, I think it's going to remain ambiguous. Besides, it's not just her: it would also include such stand-out characters as Midnight's Fire, Bloodstrike, Silk Fever, Smiling Tiger, Bandit, and possibly even Night Thrasher getting confirmed as mutants too.

And while Fenris are "mutants", they open the discussion more about how "mutant" do you have to be to be on Krakoa? Sinister is not a mutant, but he's a Chimera-engineered being with an X-Gene (and useful to the nation) so he's allowed in. Deadpool has a healing factor engineered from a mutant's cells, but no X-Gene, so he's not in. So were Fenris artificially-engineered before birth to possess the X-Gene, or was the X-Gene added to their genetic make-up after it was initially formed? If it's the latter, and Fenris is allowed in, would other engineered mutants like the U-Men or the Y-Men be allowed in, if they deliberately modified themselves to be mutant "enough"?
Or what about the Neo and that tribe of "proto-mutants"? Are/were they mutant "enough"?

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 09 Feb 2021, 21:15

Multiple Man, despite being a "Killcrop", seems to be.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Feb 2021, 21:16

I think caption boxes do count. If "To Me, My X-Men" makes everyone X-Men, then "Silhouette. Mutant." should make her a mutant.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Feb 2021, 21:38

Small update:

Burner and Lifter make their debut in S.W.O.R.D. #3.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Feb 2021, 16:57

Another small update:

Skids makes her first appearance in M.O.D.O.K.: Head Games #3.

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 24 Feb 2021, 23:54

Marvel's Voices - Legacy #1
Storm rescues a young African new mutant named Abeni and takes her to Krakoa.

Hephaestion

Post by Hephaestion » 06 Mar 2021, 16:10

Can add
Mastermind (Martinique Jason / Wyngarde)
as of Hellions #10.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Mar 2021, 08:46

Thanks! I missed that one.

Also, thanks Dartalon. I saw your post after I added the info you shared.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Mar 2021, 19:49

New week, new additions:

In Children of the Atom #1, we have the appearance of five new characters: Cherub, Cyclops-Lass, Daycrawler, Gimmick, and Marvel Guy. As their status is unconfirmed, that's where I'll keep them for the time being.

In addition, we have the first appeareances of three members of the Hell's Belles; Flambe, Tremolo, and Vague. They're depowered, but I'm still listing them since I've listed depowered mutants before.

Also, Maggott makes his first active appearance this issue as well.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Mar 2021, 19:01

New tiny update:

Malice makes her full reveal in Excalibur #19. Retroactively, her first appearance would be in Excalibur #17.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 07 Apr 2021, 18:53

Bliss, Brute, and Hump of the Morlocks make their first appearance in Marauders #19. Marrow makes her first active appearance there as well.

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 14 Apr 2021, 22:01

Last Weeks Runaways #35
A new mutant named Jodi is taken to Krakoa in order to learn how to use her powers.

Monolith

Post by Monolith » Yesterday, 20:32

I think Stonewall was passed out at the bar in Way of X #1.

Hephaestion

Post by Hephaestion » Yesterday, 20:49

Flubber also appeared in Women of Marvel #1.