Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Post HoX Mutant Appearances

This place is for any factual questions on the X-Titles or their characters. You want to know who the mystery person in some issue was or how a certain storyline ended - ask here.
EphemeristX

Re: Post HoX Mutant Appearances

Post by EphemeristX » 25 Mar 2020, 16:48

Blackcyclops wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 16:47

Well I think any Maddie unless it’s a brand-new one would have it against Sinister and company though...
Oh yeah, I guess you're right. I guess we'll find out.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 25 Mar 2020, 16:49

Lady M came to Krakoa already with the other villains in HoX 5.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 25 Mar 2020, 16:53

Yeah, but that was a cameo. This is an actual appearance where she does something.

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 25 Mar 2020, 16:54

NOT NEW
New Mutants #9
Spoiler: show
Natashia Repina
NEW
Giant Size Nightcrawler #1
Eye-Boy
X-Men/Fantastic Four #3
Hugo
Ramona
Last edited by Dartalon on 25 Mar 2020, 17:13, edited 2 times in total.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 25 Mar 2020, 17:00

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 25 Mar 2020, 19:52

I haven't been able to keep up with the books for a while now, so I use this site for information. Has it been explained how these "resurrections" work with characters that weren't actually dead, just depowered? Like Aero?

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 25 Mar 2020, 19:58

Yes.

Depowered characters submit to a trial by combat against Apocalypse, called the Crucible. They fight for their life but, ultimately, are beaten to death. They can then be resurrected in their original mutant state by the Five. Submitting to Crucible allows a depowered mutant to "jump the line" in the queue for resurrections. This controversial process is intended to help preserve the value of life and death among mutants, so they don't simply kill themselves with instructions to resurrect them as their best selves, with their best memories, or (potentially) entirely new genetic traits. It was explored in X-Men (5th series) #7.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 28 Mar 2020, 17:05

Peepers is seen alive and working at Ravencroft, in #3 of that series.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 28 Mar 2020, 17:18

Thanks for the heads up, Mono.

Dartalon

Post by Dartalon » 29 Mar 2020, 00:17

Manikin was in Valkyrie: Jane Foster #6

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Mar 2020, 01:38

Thanks, Dartalon.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 21 Apr 2020, 09:10

Monolith wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 19:58
Yes.

Depowered characters submit to a trial by combat against Apocalypse, called the Crucible. They fight for their life but, ultimately, are beaten to death. They can then be resurrected in their original mutant state by the Five. Submitting to Crucible allows a depowered mutant to "jump the line" in the queue for resurrections. This controversial process is intended to help preserve the value of life and death among mutants, so they don't simply kill themselves with instructions to resurrect them as their best selves, with their best memories, or (potentially) entirely new genetic traits. It was explored in X-Men (5th series) #7.
That’s insane.

So, since when is Maddie Pryor a mutant?
He/him/his

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 21 Apr 2020, 09:33

Insane is one word to put it. It seems to have been a controversial suject among the Krakoan Council as well, but a majority voted for doing the Crucible. Some may have done so for other reasons than logicstics or preserving the meaning of life and death, some of the shadier characters among the Council may have just wanted to have public tournaments to death.
The queue for ressurections is incredibly long, though. It may take a full 10+ years to get every dead mutant back before they could even begin to address depowered ones. That is the Motivation for a depowered Person to enter the Crucible. The subject itself is definitely not without controversy, which - in turn - led to a rather heated discussion of X-Men #7 itself when the issue was released.

Maddie is a clone of Jean Grey, who is a mutant. Usually a clone of a mutant would be a mutant too. It's just that originally, due to Sinister's brainwashing and tampering, Maddie wasn't aware that she had any abilities.
[PL_2.0]

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 23 Apr 2020, 20:34

Lavettye wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 09:33
Insane is one word to put it. It seems to have been a controversial suject among the Krakoan Council as well, but a majority voted for doing the Crucible. Some may have done so for other reasons than logicstics or preserving the meaning of life and death, some of the shadier characters among the Council may have just wanted to have public tournaments to death.
The queue for ressurections is incredibly long, though. It may take a full 10+ years to get every dead mutant back before they could even begin to address depowered ones. That is the Motivation for a depowered Person to enter the Crucible. The subject itself is definitely not without controversy, which - in turn - led to a rather heated discussion of X-Men #7 itself when the issue was released.

Maddie is a clone of Jean Grey, who is a mutant. Usually a clone of a mutant would be a mutant too. It's just that originally, due to Sinister's brainwashing and tampering, Maddie wasn't aware that she had any abilities.
Some of the depowered mutants who have been confirmed as having gone through it make sense, but it doesn't seem to follow that someone like Beak would do it. I know he missed being a superhero, but he definitely didn't miss his specific powers. He was initially happier after Decimation.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 23 Apr 2020, 20:41

Unless I missed something, the only person confirmed so far to have undergone the Crucible is Aero.

Other people may have either been re-powered before Krakoa by other means, or gotten killed after their de-powering and been among the regular ressurectees.
[PL_2.0]

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 23 Apr 2020, 20:48

Ah, okay. I guess I just assumed any of the ones we've seen repowered had gone through it.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Apr 2020, 07:41

Beak was re-powered a while before HoX, but I can't remember where. I don't think we've seen any living depowered mutants in HoX suddenly with their powers back.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 29 Apr 2020, 13:25

Beak was repowered by Mothervine in X-Men: Blue.

Angel Salvatore and Callisto (presumably) have been repowered without being killed to our knowledge.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Apr 2020, 17:55

I actually forgot Angel was depowered at all. That's...a weird retcon all things considered.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 01 May 2020, 17:02

I notice that Blindfold is listed as an "unconfirmed cameo", but didn't Moira say that it wasn't just Destiny that they couldn't resurrect, but ANY precogs? Because they don't want anyone to know what's coming for some reason. It happened in either House of X or Powers of X.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 27 May 2020, 18:35

Finally! We have updates this week. Tempo has moved from cameo to active with this week's Marauders.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Jun 2020, 16:44

This week, Typhoid Mary makes an appearance.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 16 Jun 2020, 13:58

sambadaemon wrote:
01 May 2020, 17:02
I notice that Blindfold is listed as an "unconfirmed cameo", but didn't Moira say that it wasn't just Destiny that they couldn't resurrect, but ANY precogs? Because they don't want anyone to know what's coming for some reason. It happened in either House of X or Powers of X.
I recall this as well. It even appears that this is a huge plot point that Hickman has set up and maybe Rosenberg before him. The Uncanny run from before HoX/PoX in retrospect seems to remove many problematic characters from the new mutant world order.

Blindfold - A precog that chose suicide due to a future she saw as too bleak for her existence? This doesn't track with the mutant paradise that has been set up and could be set up for some very dark times ahead.

Dark Beast, Joseph, and Bloodstorm - Clones/Alt World duplicates that do not easily fit into the resurrection mechanic set up.

Banshee, Havok, and Sunspot - Characters that had some things kind of wonky with their powers so needed a reset.

Wolfsbane, Chamber, Strong Guy, Madrox, Vanisher and probably some others I forgot - Killed for shock value because they would all be brought back soon after. I still don't understand why Chamber came back without a face though.
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Jun 2020, 14:41

That’s leaning toward Opinion territory but I think Rosenberg’s run, given what was said before, really had zero in relation to Hickman’s run. Most of those thoughts WWW (which tbh are kind of crazy how well they line up) are just happenstance. That includes even the death of Blindfold.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Jun 2020, 19:00

sambadaemon wrote:
01 May 2020, 17:02
The image in question is a female figure in black with a black blindfold and long black hair. The other possibility is Gazing Nightshade, though she's always been portrayed with signature pigtails. I know, for storyline reasons, they've said no precogs, but that's why it's listed in unconfirmed.