Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Selene and Apocalypse

This place is for any factual questions on the X-Titles or their characters. You want to know who the mystery person in some issue was or how a certain storyline ended - ask here.
Red Strings

Selene and Apocalypse

Post by Red Strings » 22 Oct 2019, 22:24

Has Selene had any kind of contact with Apocalypse ever and, if so, around which titles/issues? For some reason in my head I feel like they might have but I'm also not sure if I'm getting mixed up with something else.

Nu-D

Re: Selene and Apocalypse

Post by Nu-D » 22 Oct 2019, 23:54

Red Strings wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 22:24
Has Selene had any kind of contact with Apocalypse ever and, if so, around which titles/issues? For some reason in my head I feel like they might have but I'm also not sure if I'm getting mixed up with something else.
BITD there was some effort to shoehorn them both into the Externals with Gideon, et al. Not sure how much of that was canon, and how much was on the backs of trading cards and data pages.
He/him/his

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Oct 2019, 12:09

Think Apocalypse was definitely mentioned to be one. That was why Cable wanted Cannonball beneath his wing. I'm not 100% sure on Selene, but I believe she was debunked as one because her immortality came from draining the life of others.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 23 Oct 2019, 12:53

Selene was definitively an External in the last Cable arc that dealt with them. Apocalypse and Cannonball were not. (For Selene, I'd theorize her YOUTH is because of her power, while her immortality still comes from being an External.)

But, to the question at hand: No, I can't recall Selene and Apocalypse even being in the same room until House of X #5.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Oct 2019, 14:41

I may be mixing up Selene and Apocalypse then. I remember one of them being disregarded because their extended life span was due to outside factors and not just mutant immortality.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Red Strings

Post by Red Strings » 23 Oct 2019, 15:57

Thanks guys, I was just trying to rack my brain because, in theory, I don't understand why they haven't met. In my mind they would be a dream power duo.

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 28 Oct 2019, 17:47

Just adding that Selene's status as an External has never been questioned in-universe.

I don't think it's been discussed at length for Apocalypse but I can't recall.

Sam's status as an external has been questioned (and derided) by Selene.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Dr House

Post by Dr House » 10 Nov 2019, 15:56

Sam's Status has been questioned only by Selene.

The other Externals have said that Apocalypse is one of them (in X-Force #37 and issues of Gambit's 3rd volume). He's been referred to as an "External High Lord" at several points.
"You come at the king, you best not miss."

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 10 Nov 2019, 17:10

Cable also said that Cannonball being an External was just a rumor in Cable #151.
[PL_2.0]