Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Forge’s Real Name

This place is for any factual questions on the X-Titles or their characters. You want to know who the mystery person in some issue was or how a certain storyline ended - ask here.
Dr House

Forge’s Real Name

Post by Dr House » 03 Sep 2019, 00:42

Is Jonathan Silvercloud his real name? I know his Ultimate counterpart used it as at least an alias, but now the name came up in Uncanny X-Men #17.
"You come at the king, you best not miss."

Monolith

Re: Forge’s Real Name

Post by Monolith » 03 Sep 2019, 01:25

No, it's not. That's pure internet fiction.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Monet

Post by Monet » 05 Sep 2019, 01:12

For as long as I can remember, Forge was never given a real name in the 616 universe. Now, I've seen on some sites that he's being associated with the name Jonathan Silvercloud. However after digging around on some Marvel's site, it turns out that the Forge from Age of Apocalypse was given that name (even if its not listed on some). So I guess it should only be used for the AOA Forge, not the regular (616) Forge, though in RPG land we tend to use it.
"You just put six holes in a Louis Vuitton shirt and you expect me to 'wait'? For what? The 'fashion police?" ― M.

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 05 Sep 2019, 01:25

No, it was never given to him in the Age of Apocalypse either. To my knowledge, there is no official source that has revealed Forge's real name, in any reality. There is just an ever pervasive level of misinformation found online.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde