Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Krakoa Draft

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Wings

Re: Krakoa Draft

Post by Wings » 16 Aug 2020, 16:28

Rictor
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 16 Aug 2020, 16:49

Pipeline

WorkForce

Post by WorkForce » 16 Aug 2020, 16:52

Hazard / Carter Ryking

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 16 Aug 2020, 19:21

Blindfold
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Sequoia

Post by Sequoia » 16 Aug 2020, 19:23

Eosimias from Xavier‘s school

Shola Inkose

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Aug 2020, 19:54

I had to google Eosimias and saw he actually showed up in Marauders #3...DEEP CUT!!!!
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Sequoia

Post by Sequoia » 16 Aug 2020, 20:00

There was only one image of him playing tennis in air, so I improvised a little.

I will write a little story later, my pc is processing that big windows update and it takes forever.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 16 Aug 2020, 20:05

I googled him too, and found that it's a much older character, with the first of his three appearances being in Morrison's run in New X-Men #123. That's where the imagine of him playing air tennis is from. Hard to imagine that it's already been 18 years since that issue was released. He was never named in any issue, that part comes from the handbook again.
[PL_2.0]

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 16 Aug 2020, 20:41

And my final pick is Network

Okay and here's my vague idea for a team, with the caveat as I only read unlimited I am 6 months behind, so it may contradict some recent issues!

Mystique is tired of Xavier dodging her and decides to enlist the help of No-Girl to influence the 5 and resurrect Destiny in secret. It turns out there’s a very good reason Moira didn’t want her around, and with Destiny's guidence they have their own agenda to follow and they pick recruits for their cause. Sway who hasn’t been most comfortable living on the island that killed her or trusting of the people that sent her to her death has no strong ties to a lot of X-Men. Layla Miller who knows the cost of resurrecting people. Her teammate Darwin has ties to Sway and Layla, he has optimistically followed Xavier beforebut has also explored a darker side. Needing to teleport off the island easily without relying on Krakoa gates, they resurrect the more experienced U-Go Girl (Edie) who again has little ties or loyalty to long-sanding X-Men. Edie in turn asks to recruit 2nd teleporter and hopes to bond with her daughter Katie, but she is not too happy when Katie appears to see her motherly figure as the other blue member of the team. Mortis Lois London also connection to death, while playing more nicely these days, does take some satisfaction that her sisters perfect utopia not being as it seems. Synch who was uncomfortable with being resurrected and suffered some trauma from that and while having his friend Skin help at first, the trauma re-emerges he begins to question the ethics of both their ressurrections and the reasons behind them. Destiny needs help figuring out her visions and recruits Blindfold who she has connected with in the past. Finally Network will be useful as technopathic the team need someone that control technology and with no big ties to the x-team and she knows Mystique's team will be more likely to ressurect her sister Preview. As some of the team has been resurrected covertly there is a split in bases as the pre-cogs must stay hidden.

So I lost 2 characters, instead of Darwin originally I wanted the Petra and Sway team-up of being uncomfortable on Krakoa and maybe some resentment of Moira and Xavier. Then Dead Girl I was thinking in the Layla Miller role,and she would have the connection to Edie, but thinking Layla may fit in better over all.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

WorkForce

Post by WorkForce » 16 Aug 2020, 20:43

Locus as the team teleporter

More later from home..

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 16 Aug 2020, 20:45

Berzerker concludes and I forgot to write a backstory.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 16 Aug 2020, 22:03

We have reached the Final Round!

Great to see the teams starting to conclude and loving the concepts posted so far. Can't wait to read everyone elses.

Here are the teams so far:

Lavettye
Trickshot (Moonstar)
Air Man (Windshear)
Lady Liberty (La Bandera)
The Apparition (Shinobi Shaw)
Typhoon (Monsoon)
Gulliver (Micromax)
Sapphire Sorceress (Rhapsody)
Honey Bee (Angel Salvadore)
Praying Mantis (Domino)
Mr. Marvel (Vulcan)
Goldrush (Super Sabre)

Red Strings
Mister Sinister
Dazzler
Jumbo Carnation
Jay Guthrie
DJ
Adrienne Frost
Cordelia Frost
Stepford Cuckoos
Henrietta Hunter
El Guapo
Jetstream

Anna Raven
Avalanche
Black Tom
Lila Cheney
Shadowcat
Outlaw
Blob
Puck (Zhuza)
Gin Genie
Dr. Nemesis
Banshee
Wolverine

das_boot
Nightcrawler
Exodus
Dead Girl
Wicked
Wind Dancer
Wallflower
Pyro (Simon)
Archangel
Skin
Madame Web
Feral

Cable
▪︎-|A|-▪︎
Anole
Rockslide
Face
Siryn
Dryad
Primal
Hellion
Wiz Kid
Mercury
Gentle

Blackcyclops
Cyclops
Cable
Magik
Lifeguard
Amelia Voght
Sienna Blaze
Cyber
Zero - Kenji
Husk
Thornn
Bedlam

Omnicon
Antonio
Freakshow
Leon Matheson
Psylocke - Kwannon
Harness
Onyxx
T-Ray (Terry)
Hub
Empyrean
Dragoness
Sunder

EphemeristX
Moira X
Wolfsbane
Daken
Christian Frost
Sage
Scalphunter
Pete Wisdom
Rachel Summers
Selene
Azazel
Captain Britain (Betsy)

MartijnB
Cypher
Flashback
Gambit
Northstar
Firestar
Neophyte
Unuscione
Unus the Untouchable
Whirlwind
Mentallo
Strong Guy

Folklore
Postman
Bomb
Holo
Meteor
Scout
Shadowshift
Yeti
Candra
Astra
Tempo
Slick

gardien
Rogue
White Queen
Gardien (Nature Girl)
Flourish (Creep)
Penance (Monet)
Mondo
Dust
Hope Summers
Trinary
Emplate
Manifold

Wings
Jean Grey
Marrow
Frenzy
Wolverine - Laura
Surge
Copycat
Polaris
Iceman
Colossus
Sunfire
Rictor

Aeon
Storm
Bishop
Grizzly
Sycamore
Double Trouble
Sirocco
Manikin
Maverick
Mastermind (Martinique)
Armor
Pipeline
Berzerker

WorkForce
Petra
Forget-Me-Not
Havok
Tin-Man
Warp Savant
Phantazia
Crule
Chronomancer
Rem-Ram
Screener (Scanner)
Hazard
Locus

Magik84
Sway
Destiny
Mystique
Synch
U-Go Girl (Eddie)
U-Go Girl (Katie)
No-Girl
Mortis
Layla Miller
Darwin
Blindfold
Network

Sequoia
Trovao
Pinpoint
Umbra
Xenon
Boggart
Naiad
Zeitgeist
Remedy (Cecilia Reyes)
Cipher
Transonic
Eosimias
Shola Inkose
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 18 Aug 2020, 11:28

It's been approximately 48 hours since the last pick. I messaged Wings yesterday so we will skip him for now. Gardien is free to make their final pick.
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

gardien

Post by gardien » 18 Aug 2020, 17:56

3f189d692c69f43b14c0d73aeb1c8af7.jpg
3f189d692c69f43b14c0d73aeb1c8af7.jpg (114.54 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
My last pick is another former Hellion student of Emma. Warpath
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

gardien

Post by gardien » 18 Aug 2020, 19:30

MMMy original concept was going to be Rogue and Emma prepping the Sextant to be the new line of educators but quickly realized that a lot of,people had favorites amongst the past students of Xavier so i switched gears to them protecting the garden of Krakoa. After all a Queen needs to protect her kingdom down to the smallest petal. Thus the idea of the Gardiens was born.

White Queen Emma has seen the constant rise in issues regarding petals being poisoned or those blasphemous Hordeculture still piggy backing on the gates harming mutants along the way. She has also noticed the total toll of having Krakoa speak to one or two people as Trinary has presented the information she and Nature Girl gathered to Jean Grey. Black Tom is drowning himself in Krakoa. There are other mutants who can heed the call and The Quiet Council agree. It also respects the law to Krakoa as allowing it to have more of a voice amongst its own people.

Thus, the enlistment begins.
Day 1: With Trinary heavily influencing the team, and at Jeans behest, it was only natural to bring her on board along with the newly renamed Gardien. This though brought upon a revelation. Yes, there were others but none of her seasoned teammates had the gifts required for such a specific task. She takes on Rogue first explaining the team and her fear that she is placing people in,dangerous positions without the proper training. Emma humbly admits that the word on the grapevine might be that she and Miss Anna might be on the same bar when it comes to educating mutants. Rogue revels in the moment and agrees. She can help teach the team how to hone their skills. And she has an idea. Rogue knows Someone who owes her a favor or two from her Avenger days if they need help getting around.

Day 4:
No word yet from Rogues associate didn't stop Emma from speaking with Mondo by request of Xavier. Mondo express He would be happy to help as long as he could get away a minute from the older new mutants. He wanted to be useful not used, and it was how they made him feel. Emma knew his stint with them had him seasoned enough to care for himself but knew his ability would allow him to merge with the surrounding soil and create a bond with the island's gates. At was at nightfall when the fiery hothead Hope Summers barrels into The Red Keep demanding to speak with Emma. Through Hope's psychic link with Rogue she knew the kind of recruits she had in mind. She scolded Emma that although she and the Five can bring people back doesn't mean they should throw mutants onto grenades, Emma, knowing how Summers are surprisingly stubborn, agrees and offers Hope a chance to train her fellow mutant. Hope agrees to the position.

To be continued!.......
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Sequoia

Post by Sequoia » 18 Aug 2020, 19:34

my whole concept has been lost, i somehow had to log-in new and then my text was gone.

basically, my title is called "New X-Force", and it deals about the Advocates, and other X-Men who all have some doubts about the Krakoa rules and rituals.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 18 Aug 2020, 19:57

I hate when that happens. Sometimes there's a site hick-up, or you just took too long to write a single post, which the forum software then misreads for inactivity....

It's why I either write longer posts in Word and then just copy them over, or - when I write them in the reply field, I mark and copy the entire post before hitting submit, so that I can easily restre it if something goes wrong.
[PL_2.0]

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 19 Aug 2020, 18:42

My title is called "Uncanny Flight"

Canada grants Krakoa the wish for a Krakoa Gate, under the condition that a trained team of Krakoan and Canadian mutants forms, primarily for defending the Canadian boarders and supporting the Flight teams.

Storm, with Bishop, Grizzly, Double Trouble, Manikin, and Armor are the first group to form, expanding the roster with rescued mutants in Canada.

Sycamore - after leaving X-Statix, he moved to Canada, living in the deepest forest grounds, finding his place in the world. Got corrupted by the Entropic Man, he was finally freed by the Uncanny Flight and joined the team.
Sirocco - working with Department H he is the ambassador to the Middle East and fighting of terroristic attacks.
Maverick - going undercover, he has something to settle with Weapon X.
Mastermind (Martinique) - being used as a puppet by the Great Beast Ranaq, Martinique unwillingly created a commune of loyal followers of Ranaq.
After her escape, she sufferes from nightmares and still hears Ranaq's voice.
Pipeline - survived the attack on Genosha by digitalizing himself, but was captured in a signal loop for years. When Department H salvaged technology from Genosha, Pipeline went haywire throughout Canada's communication devices. He wasnt able to communicate or rematerialize.
Berzerker - Brought in by the team, he was able to finally locate and capture Pipeline's data and transer him into a device until they can help him becoming human again.

Folklore

Post by Folklore » 19 Aug 2020, 22:37

Oh God sorry I completely forgot. There are a few things bothering me right now and I didn’t pay attention. Sorry.

Healer

„Well then... hug me if you must!“

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 20 Aug 2020, 02:34

Just in case not everyone checked the Random Thoughts thread, as the former RingOtaku, I apologize for vanishing. I've stopped being able to get on the forums just before the draft began. Glad to see the draft was enjoyable regardless.
Formerly Known As RingOtaku
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 20 Aug 2020, 02:51

Welcome back!
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

Cable

Post by Cable » 20 Aug 2020, 03:04

BardicOne wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 02:34
Just in case not everyone checked the Random Thoughts thread, as the former RingOtaku, I apologize for vanishing. I've stopped being able to get on the forums just before the draft began. Glad to see the draft was enjoyable regardless.
Don't worry about it, it had little effect since you never made any picks to begin with. We are just glad to know you are ok.
Best Comics of Week 28

X-titles: Excalibur #22 by Tini Howard (3) and Marcus To (3)
Non-X titles: Extreme Carnage--Scream by Clay Chapman (1) and Chris Mooneyham (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 20 Aug 2020, 12:32

I got excited thinking it was my turn... and now I’m just nervous ha ha ha GODDAMIT YOU GUYS
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 20 Aug 2020, 18:58

Omega Red please!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 20 Aug 2020, 23:41

The final member of the Shadow Council is Darkstar. As a long-serving member of the Russian super team Winter Guard, she has contacts inside the anti-mutant intelligence apparatus. Perhaps the largest and most powerful anti-mutant political regime in the world, her counsel is invaluable to the preservation of their fledgling mutant society.
Version2Darkstar7.jpg
Version2Darkstar7.jpg (113.25 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.