Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Money Game

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Cable

X-Men Money Game

Post by Cable » 16 Sep 2019, 01:06

Don't know if this is the right forum but it is kind of a game so I'll stick it here. Saw one of these on social media for the MCU heroes and thought it would be fun to whip one together for the X-Men real quick. Let me know your answer!
grid.png
grid.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 698 times
Best X-Comic last week: Absolute Carnage vs Deadpool #3
Best non X-Comic last week: Absolute Carnage #4

Anna Raven

Re: X-Men Money Game

Post by Anna Raven » 16 Sep 2019, 01:19

Is that Forge in the middle bottom row? Or Neal Shaara?

Assuming it's Forge, I'd go:

Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, Forge, and Longshot.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 16 Sep 2019, 01:25

€5 Wolverine
€4 Polaris
€3 Psylocke
€2 Colossus
€1 Longshot

In narrow space, in space, I won’t send to much energy based mutants. Never worked out before. The same goes for fliers, they can’t really maneuver in a base with walls and ceilings.

So I went the one by one silent takedown and skull crunch route.

Cable

Post by Cable » 16 Sep 2019, 01:26

Anna Raven wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 01:19
Is that Forge in the middle bottom row? Or Neal Shaara?

Assuming it's Forge, I'd go:

Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, Forge, and Longshot.
It is indeed Forge

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 16 Sep 2019, 01:37

Hmm… all the X-Men having metal-based powers or using metallic equipment are useless against Magneto, so that takes Logan, Colossus, Cable, Forge, Cyclops (visor) and Archangel off the table.

I'd send a team of six:
- Polaris (to counter Magneto, at least for a while)
- Nightcrawler, to surprise-attack Acolytes
- Rogue, to steal powers from opponents they can't defeat with their own powers
- Dazzler, an energy-wielder is always useful
- Banshee, so either he and Dazzler alternate trying to disorient the Acolytes with sonics and blinding light, or Sean uses his sonics to power up Dazzler
- Longshot, cause they might need a little luck (and Jubilee as the only other 1$ character would be redundant with Dazzler already in the mix)
Last edited by Lavettye on 16 Sep 2019, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
[PL_2.0]

Omnicon

Post by Omnicon » 16 Sep 2019, 01:40

Rogue 4
Psylocke 3
Colossus 2 & Gambit 2 & Bishop 2
Forge 1 & Longshot 1

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 16 Sep 2019, 09:54

$4 Rachel
$4 Nightcrawler
$3 Psylocke
$3 Iceman
$1 Banshee

Think Sean and Bobby can lead the all-out assault, Betsy and Kurt take a stealth approach to take the bigger hitters down, while Rachel runs TP co-ordination, and takes down Mags once Kurt steals his helmet.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 16 Sep 2019, 11:12

Actually, this game would be more fun if wasn't about a team going up against Magneto and the Acolytes but instead the mission from HoX #3-4, as the consensus was that the line-up actually chosen in the issues was less than ideal.
[PL_2.0]

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 16 Sep 2019, 11:48

$4 Nightcrawler for recon, sneak attacks, evac, killing people by teleporting them into space
$3 Psylocke for communication, sneak attacks, frying brains
$2 Colossus is brute strengh and defense
$2 Bishop for absorbing and converting energy attacks, tactical, firepower, killjoy
$2 Archangel for aerial attacks, defense, knocking enemies out, chopping their heads of
$1 Longshot for agility attacks and defense, distracting enemies with his luck
$1 Dazzler for distracting enemies, energy attacks and defense

Cable

Post by Cable » 16 Sep 2019, 14:11

Lavettye wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 11:12
Actually, this game would be more fun if wasn't about a team going up against Magneto and the Acolytes but instead the mission from HoX #3-4, as the consensus was that the line-up actually chosen in the issues was less than ideal.
You can play it that way, but then people are going to tend to want to include any of the 10,000 X-Men. I only had space for 25 lol

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 16 Sep 2019, 14:15

Cable wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 14:11
Lavettye wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 11:12
You can play it that way, but then people are going to tend to want to include any of the 10,000 X-Men. I only had space for 25 lol
Well I think what Laveytte is saying is that particular mission wouldn't eliminate the metal-clad characters (which I am a bad commander I picked Colossus on my team without thinking about it, which is REALLY dumb because I did consider it for Wolverine). The list is the list, I don't think anyone wants to add more potential characters. :)
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Sep 2019, 18:02

$4 Polaris
$3 Psylocke
$3 Iceman
$2 Bishop
$1 Banshee
$1 Dazzler
$1 Forge
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Folklore

Post by Folklore » 16 Sep 2019, 22:13

This is actually an interesting game you came up with. Have you got other varieties to or is this the first game of this type?

I must admit it is very difficult for me, there is quite a handful of characters that would be to risky for a fight against Magneto, on the other hand, not every character is on my sympathy list.

Maybe I would choose:

Storm for a mass wide range energy attack
Emma Frost for a psychic assault
Iceman who can freeze everything and is virtually immortal
Havok who has unlimited cosmic energy to use in space for devastating energy attacks
Longshot as a wildcard
„Well then... hug me if you must!“

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 17 Sep 2019, 10:41

UrbanExplorer wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 01:25
€5 Wolverine
€4 Polaris
€3 Psylocke
€2 Colossus
€1 Longshot
You overspent your $15 budget.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 17 Sep 2019, 10:49

Only by 50 Cent by today’s exchange rate.

Actually, on my iPad keyboard the dollar sign is in the second layout with the symbols and it is tiresome to switch between both layouts.

Majestic

Post by Majestic » 18 Sep 2019, 17:42

Hmm… Rogue ($4) + Emma ($4) + Bobby ($3) + Kitty ($3) + Longshot ($1) = $15

If Mags loses his helmet he's as susceptible to telepathy as anyone else, but I'd feel better sending the considerably more durable Emma than the other psychics into the field with such a limited budget. The sheer versatility of Bobby's power set makes him a bargain at $3, and he could probably do a lot more with it with Emma on hand to help him out. And to shore up that combination or any other, Rogue is on hand to act both as a safe redundancy in the system and bring in what she can take from the Acolytes. Aside from the Acolytes, Asteroid M has technological defenses—enter Kitty Pryde. That leaves $1 for a wildcard, and that's practically Longshot's middle name.

(Alternatively, I could trade Emma down for Betsy and then trade Longshot up for Gambit… but I like this iteration of the team better, partly for Emma's durability, and partly because I don't especially care for Gambit.)
BODYSHOP INDUSTRIES (X-Villain Draft) : Spiral, Cameron Hodge, Ahab, Pandemic, The Isolationist, Cylla Markham, Matsu'o Tsurayaba, Sugar Man, Nanny & Orphanmaker

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 Sep 2019, 22:08

Do we get "I don't have my powers this week" Cable or "Nate Who? I fought the Silver Surfer" Cable? One is replacing the Declaration of Independence with a gift shop prop for $3 and the other is finding the Declaration of Independence in a thrift shop for $3.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 18 Sep 2019, 22:39

We are civilized people.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 19 Sep 2019, 02:43

tokenBG1009 wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 22:08
Do we get "I don't have my powers this week" Cable or "Nate Who? I fought the Silver Surfer" Cable? One is replacing the Declaration of Independence with a gift shop prop for $3 and the other is finding the Declaration of Independence in a thrift shop for $3.
Wait, Cable has powers? I thought he just had a metal arm, bionic eye, and lots of big guns and pouches.

Jk, but not really. I remember he has some TK from all the way back at the beginning, and I guess maybe someone gave him TP at some point. But his powers always seemed vague and not particularly suited to the character.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Sep 2019, 03:34

He has telepathy and telekinesis just like Nate Grey. His powers didn't burn him out because it was constantly being used to fight the T-O virus in his body.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 19 Sep 2019, 12:49

$5 Jean - General Telepathy/Telekinesis
$4 Rogue - Powerhouse/Bruiser
$3 Psylocke - Ruthlessness - She's killed Magneto before so wouldn't hesitate to strike
$2 Bishop - Could potentially tire Magneto by absorbing his attacks and directing them back at him
$1 Dazzler - Temporarily blind Magneto/whoever is attacking etc.
"These are two hundred dollar Italian cashmere Kiki de Montparnasse stockings, Kurt. I'll only kneel in them if absolutely necessary."

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 19 Sep 2019, 19:34

People seem to be concentrating on Magneto and avoiding metal people, but there's a whole bunch of Acolytes that Wolverine/ Colossus could deal with while rest of the team takes on Magneto. Though that being said I have not picked either of those for my team :p
I've tried for versatile team, some powerhouses, telepathy, ninja & hacker skills

$4 - Rogue
$3 - Psylocke
$3 - Shadowcat
$3 - Iceman
$1 - Banshee
$1 - Dazzler
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Sep 2019, 02:40

Folklore wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 22:13
This is actually an interesting game you came up with. Have you got other varieties to or is this the first game of this type?
There are several variations of it circulating Facebook about the Avengers movies and assembling a team to defeat Thanos. I just copied the idea for X-Men with all image credit of course to the team here at UXN.

Here is another for Round 2!
grid2.png
grid2.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 414 times

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Sep 2019, 07:17

Cannonball $5
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 23 Sep 2019, 07:39

That’s a mean one this time...

$4 Mirage
$3 Rictor
$3 Shatterstar
$2 Warpath
$2 Magma
$1 Strong Guy