Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Betrayal Game #76: Murder in Manhattan- Game

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Wings

Betrayal Game #76: Murder in Manhattan- Game

Post by Wings » 26 Jan 2018, 21:44

...and no idea at all how it happened?" Peter Parker shook his head in disbelief as Jessica Jones nodded in affirmation. He was dressed in his Spider-Man garb, his mask removed as he took in the dead supervillains unceremoniously strewn all across the bar, dried blood caked around their wounds.

"Place seems empty," Jessica replied. "Except for the list with our names on it. Well, I say our names, but the only one that isn't a codename is mine and Wilson Fisk's."

"And he agreed to come here? Did you tell him I'd be here?"

Jessica smirked. "I thought it'd be a pleasant surprise. Besides, you think the new mayor of New York's gonna want the police finding his name next to a pile of his dead associates? They'd eat him alive."

Peter cocked his head toward the door. Jessica couldn't hear a thing, but Peter quickly pulled his mask back over his head.

"Spider-Sense," he explained. "Think the rest of the gang's here."

Almost as soon as the words had left Spider-Man's lips, Emma Frost billowed into the room, followed by Jubilee, Starfox, Echo, the time-displaced Iceman, and both Hawkeyes, Clint Barton and Kate Bishop. The last two awkwardly shuffled to the side as Wilson Fisk strode in. He remained impassive as several of the others glared at him.

"I'm not going to waste time here," said Jessica. "You all know what's happened. You know why we're here. The majority of us..." Jessica trailed off momentarily as her eyes fell on the Kingpin. "Are superheroes, or were at least. We're gonna save the police some time and figure out who did this."

"And what if it was one of us?" asked Jubilee. "I mean, maybe the murderer's just implicated the rest of us to make it look like it was a group effort."

"Well then we have a room full of superpowered #%$*@!! to beat them up with, Jubilee," replied Jessica. I haven't checked out the rest of the building yet, so that's our first plan of action. Head upstairs, split up and search a room each.

The assembled group did as they were asked. However after a few minutes a loud crash was heard emanating from the first floor.

Jessica was the first on the scene, skidding to a halt as she came across the lifeless body of Clint Barton, one of his own arrows protruding from his abdomen as a pool of blood formed underneath him.....

------------

The Players
MartijnB- Starfox
unused_bagels- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
hotknives- Emma Frost
das_boot- Jubilee
Liquid Nitrogen- Echo
WorldWideWade- Kingpin
gardien- Iceman (Time-Displaced)
UselessLesbian- Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

The Dead
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

Round One has begun! Voting is public, and each player must cast two votes as to who they believe to be the killer. Reveal at 10 votes. This round will stay open until 9PM GMT on the 29th of January.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

das_boot

Re: Betrayal Game #76: Murder in Manhattan- Game

Post by das_boot » 26 Jan 2018, 23:10

Jubilee sighed. Once, just once, she’d hoped this was going to be a simple open-shut case, especially with one of the world’s best telepaths and a genuine, hard-boiled private investigator on the case, but apparently not. For the first time ever, she wished Madrox was present— or at least someone from X-Factor investigations, who she’d trust a damn sight more than a woman who stank of cheap whisky and claimed to have gathered the people on this mysterious list as a means to solve the murder.

Jessica said something to Jubilee.

“Huh?” She asked, having been too wrapped up in her thoughts to have heard what Jessica had said.

“I said that you seem distracted,” she replied. “What? Something more important to do than solve a murder?”

“I’m a single mom, so actually, yes,” Jubilee snapped back. “I’m also usually pretty keen on avoiding her, too,” she said, inclining her head towards Emma.

“If you knew anything about her, you’d know she’s killed before, and if you knew anything about Barton, you’d know he’s an absolute horn-dog who’d not even need a psychic nudge for her to get close enough to kill him like that,” she added, not particularly bothered about whether Emma heard her or not.

The room began to swim in front of her eyes, and a ravenous hunger clawed at the pit of her stomach. Jubilee’s throat suddenly felt parched beyond all explanation, and she felt as though she was gasping for air— air that she no longer needed.

“I— I have to get out of this room,” she muttered, hiding her face from the rest of the group as she stumbled into one of the back rooms. She closed the door behind her, and pressed her back against the wood, as she slid to the floor, bringing her knees up to her chest. Even in another room she could still smell the blood in the air and she hated what it was doing to her. How could she ever hope to be a decent mother to Shogo if she had to constantly worry about whether she’d be able to slap a band-aid on one of his boo-boos and kiss it better, or whether she’d see him as her next meal?

There was a light rapping on the door.

“Go away!” She snarled. Whomever was on the other side of the door tried to talk to her, but Jubilee wasn’t listening. She was too busy trying to centre her thoughts and prevent herself from just throwing herself on Barton’s corpse and drinking what was left of his blood. Surely the others didn’t think she could do this? If she’d killed him, he would have been totally bled dry!

“Gimme a minute,” she rasped. Jubilee mentally counted down the people she refused to disappoint by giving in to her baser instincts. Shogo. Jono. Her students. Laura. Logan. Paige.

After a few moments, Jubilee pulled herself to her feet. The hunger had all but abated and she knew she could handle being in the same room as the corpse, just as long as she kept her distance. She turned the door handle to find it had stuck.

“Great,” she muttered before transforming into mist, and passing through the keyhole of the door, reforming on the other side. She kept her eyes away from the corpse of Clint, instead looking at her fellow suspects.

Other than Emma, she didn’t know many of them very well, or even at all in some cases, but one face stood out to her. She was sure she’d seen something on the Superhero Network about Starfox being able to control emotions or something. Could he have maybe sent Hawkeye into a frenzy and caused him to kill himself? Had Clint tried to attack him for the way he’d seduced She-Hulk it one of the other women he’d slept with?

“Back with us?” Asked Jessica with more than a mild dose of sarcasm.

“I’m back,” replied Jubilee. “So, what’s next?”
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 28 Jan 2018, 14:14

Clint Barton was dead. They had history but Echo knew that would probably just make her more suspect without really helping her find his killer. Everyone knew Clint.

This reeked of Fisk. Who else could find this place? Do this damage? It would be just like him to double bluff too, make it look a bit too convenient. Still, she had to keep her wits about her
That vampire girl, Jubilee freaked out after they found the body. Locked herself away, walked out two minute later? C'mon that just screams guilty. With that trick with the mist, it would have been easy.

From what she'd been reading on Spider-Man's actions lately he'd changed a lot. And New York was his city, he's near the top of the list when it came to people who could find this place.

Still, Echo reflected, this is all a little to neat for my liking.

This was feeling more and more like a trap they'd all happily walked right into.
Cause Physics!

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 28 Jan 2018, 16:01

The mayor of New York City had better things to do with his time than stand around and receive suspicious glares from the very super people his agenda planned on making illegal. He knew that killing these people never worked and the only true way to wipe them out was to change the public's perception on them. Someone was playing checkers and Fisk only ever bothered to play advanced level chess.

What little information Wilson did not already have from his massive resources as the Kingpin, was now supplimented with the intelligence gathering of the city. Thus he knew about the recent more brutal tactics of Spider-man. He had actually started to admire the changes in the normally annoying wall crawler but his attitude today was the one more familiar to Fisk. However, Wilson knew all about playing the long game and even if Spider-man didn't do it, convincing the others to elimimate his enemy for him would be one less headache.

Emma seemed another likely candidate but these tactics seemed beneath her. He really must remember to invite her over for a friendly game of chess one of these days. Kate Bishop was one person here he didn't know personally but her father on the other hand ran in many of the same circles that Fisk was all too familiar. Apples so seldom fell far from the tree and it was an arrow that killed that mercifully dead Clint Barton. Maybe the protege got tired of being the second Hawkeye?
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 29 Jan 2018, 13:57

Emma tried her best to maintain an air on inscrutability at all times, but couldn't help letting out a small sigh as she saw the state of the hotel they were in. She'd spent a fair amount of time in dives over the years, but this was the sort of place where she felt ill at ease wearing white, fearful that touching may anything may lead to stains that even the best of dry cleaners couldn't remove.
Looking over at Clint's corpse she couldn't deny that she felt a pang of upset at his death - she knew he'd been a good man and a valued Avenger, even if his powers were non-existent and his taste in purple worrying.
Still, he was dead - and they had to concentrate on finding out who exactly had committed a murder in so tacky a fashion.

Unsurprisingly, the first suspect on Emma's mind was Jubilee. Emma had loved Jubilee, once. A clever, fiery and intelligent student, she'd not been Emma's favourite but her spark had, at times, induced a sense of begrudging respect in her headmistress.
However, people seemed to be overlooking the fact that, to all extents and purposes, Jubilee was both dead, and a bloodthirsty killer. In terms of surprising outcomes, "Vampire does the thing everyone was expecting her to do anyway" was fairly high up the list. That, Emma thought, and at least a spell in a prison jumpsuit would stop Jubilee from wearing that tacky as hell raincoat for once in her life. Scanning the room telepathically, Emma groaned as she felt the deep hunger inside Jubilee. She felt for the girl, of course she did, but how could anyone resist that pull to drink blood? Jubilee was clearly struggling to conceal her darkest urges - was she covering something else up too?

And then Echo - Emma knew she'd mysteriously come back to life recently, and given the large handprint on her face, clearly hadn't learnt any make up skills along the way. Resurrections were par for the course with the X-Men of course, ever since bloody Jean decided to claw her way out of the grave, but with the Avengers Emma knew that these things had an alarming tendency to be associated with the Hand. Who was to say that Echo hadn't been brought back to life as some zombie ninja pawn, or something tedious like that?

Carefully checking to ensure that the seat behind her was free of dirt, dust and bodily fluids, Emma lowered herself into it with a sigh. Something told her it was going to be a very long night...
"These are two hundred dollar Italian cashmere Kiki de Montparnasse stockings, Kurt. I'll only kneel in them if absolutely necessary."

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 30 Jan 2018, 10:30

(sorry for late post it's been a crazy week)

"What, me?" Spider Man looked around at everyone from his perch on the ceiling, dangling and slowly rotating by a stand. "Oh real cute, everyone." He pointed out at everyone, finger extended straight as he lazily spun.

"Man, everyone's looking at me. What is it, the glam suit? The cool dangle thingy I'm doing? Nah, you're all used to that. Any moment now you expect me to say, I'm sure your all wondering why I gathered you here today..."

Head over heels he rotated and lowered himself to the ground. "No no. Seriously? Ah-ah. New York sanitation department has enough trouble as it is. Besides, how did I kill him here...." He pointed at Hawkeye, "poor guy... Died and never called me dad. Anyway! How did I kill him here when I was with you guys?! I mean I got skills but you give me too much credit."

He pulled out his camera and snapped pictures of the body. "You know who has cronies who can get things done behind backs? Wilson Fisk. " he took a photo of Fisk as he said it, then one of the blonde bombshell. "You know who controls things with their mind? Emma Frost. easy detective work, didn't even use my Spidey senses."

He put the camera away and scratched the back of his head. He couldn't resist. "Now I'm sure you're wondering why I've gathered you all here today..."
Eighty percent of the time, it works every time.

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 30 Jan 2018, 15:59

"Oh come on, I am Eros of Titan, son of A'Lars, brother of Thanos, solving petty crime is beneath me!"

Starfox looks to his left.

"But you, miss Jessica Jones, are not, how about we leave for the stars? Let these other Earthlings mind their own business. Don't surround yourself with people like this overweight crook here when we can fight evils like that of my brother! Don't put up with an arachnid like that when we can fight the Brood queen herself! What do you say?"

Starfox's emotion manipulation powers are on overdrive, but somehow he feels they aren't quite working out the way he intends them to...

UselessLesbian

Post by UselessLesbian » 31 Jan 2018, 10:19

Kate could not stop staring at the body of her mentor and friend. Clint had been like an annoying big brother to her, and now...
She clenched her fists as tears blurred her vision.
'Keep it together bishop, catch whoever did this first, mourn later.' She thought to herself.
She glanced around at the gathered suspects. The only person she was sure she could trust was Jess. She had been a good friend to her, and was the only kind of mentor she had left.
She didn't like how Starfox was completely dismissing what had happened and trying to flirt with Jessica while Clints body lay on the floor. She wasn't happy with Jubilee's comment either, and her little stunt of running off, and then just reappearing, had put her on edge, and put Jubilee high on Kate's list of suspects. She didn't trust Emma or Fisk either, for obvious reasons, Echo had history with Clint,and she wasn't going to make the mistake of writing off spider-man when it could be anyone under that mask.
It really could have been anyone, and here she was, stuck with all of them, and with no case files or friends to help her figure it out.

gardien

Post by gardien » 01 Feb 2018, 21:18

"This isn't how I expected my night to turn out." Bobby looked about the room and realized how much this was going to suck having to find the killer amongst all these... Heroes? Villains? It was all hard to say. Especially being around the like of Fisk and EmmA made even him shiver.
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Wings

Post by Wings » 03 Feb 2018, 20:44

Round Two

"I don't care who you are, Starfox," Jessica said. She could feel the attempt to manipulate her emotions, but she had faced a much worse and much more blatant attempt to control her. "I'm married, not interested, and if you try and use those knockoff Purple Man powers on me again, I will knock the teeth out of your pretty little mouth."

Starfox blushed and quickly mumbled an inaudible apology under his breath.

"This isn't going the way I'd hoped," Jessica continued, now addressing the rest of the group as well.

"That's an understatement, Miss Jones," Wilson Fisk replied. "Everyone you heroes come into contact with is put in danger. This is exactly why I plan on curbing your activities as Mayor."

"Cut the crap, Fisk," Jubilee snarled. "It's about as convincing as the other villain in the room."

"Are you referring to yourself, vampire?"

"She means me, Fisk," said Emma. "Though I think you'll find I have a lot more sympathy for my actions than you think, Jubilation."

"Are you sure?" Spider-Man chuckled from the ceiling.

"This is getting us nowhere," interrupted Echo. "Clint is dead, and we're bickering."

"And staying quiet's going to help us figure who killed Clint how exactly, Maya?" asked Kate Bishop.

"We need a secure location," Jessica said, attempting to curb the many voices reverberating from all across.

"Where do you propose we find one, Jones?" asked Emma.

"And what about Clint's body?" added Echo.

"Uh...I can preserve it. Keep it on ice," the teenage Iceman piped up, having remained near silent as his fellows argued. "Kinda gross, but I can do it."

"And no one is going to notice us carting a dead body out of here?"

At that moment, Jessica caught Kate's eye. She saw the knowing look in the younger woman's eye and smiled.

"We know exactly who to call," Kate and Jessica said in unison.

--------------
"Are you guys sure about this?" Wiccan asked as he and Jessica's group materialised within the confines of a hi-tech metallic structure.

"Trust us, Billy," Kate said. "We know what we're doing. This is the bunker Cap used in the Superhero Civil War. It's as a secure a location as we can get, and if one of us is the killer, there's nowhere for us to run."

Billy eyes darted over to the rest of the group. "I still don't like leaving you here, Kate. Or you, Miss Jones."

"We can look after ourselves, Billy. We need to find out who this killer is, and if we fail, we'll need you to rally the Avengers, the X-Men, whoever you can find, to take this killer out."

"You need to work on your reassuring," Billy said, furrowing his brow as he prepared to cast another teleportation spell. "Takemehome,takemehome, takemehome....

And in a flash of bright blue light, Wiccan was gone. But as soon as Jessica was ready to take a breather, Starfox fell to the floor, the eyes rolling to the back of his head, as he began to convulse. The others sprang into action, trying to give him medical attention, as blood began to run from the Eternal's nose, but then, just as soon as he had begun to spasm, his body went eerily still.

Jessica groaned. "Please tell me that's some kind of weird Titan thing."

Emma Frost grimaced as she put a hand to her temple and then looked back to Jessica.

"Eros' mind is gone, Jessica. I can't sense him. He's dead."

---------------
The Players
hotknives- Emma Frost III
unused_bagels- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) III
das_boot- Jubilee III
WorldWideWade- Kingpin III
Liquid Nitrogen- Echo I
gardien- O5 Iceman
UselessLesbian- Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) I

The Dead
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
MartijnB- Starfox II

Round will remain open until 9PM GMT Tuesday 6th of February.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 Feb 2018, 00:12

Jubilee blinked twice, looking at the shocked expressions on everyone’s face.

“Seriously?” She demanded. “Seriously? We’re surprised that someone else is dead? Seriously?”

“Cool it, Jubilee,” warned Jessica.

“Cool it,” Jubilee repeated, looking over at Iceman. She remembered how he offered to freeze Hawkeye’s body, and remembered the time Wolverine stopped her from exacting revenge on her parent’s killers. What was it he said? Something about using her fireworks to trigger a stroke inside their brain? Brains that are mostly water and could easily be targeted by someone who can control ice?

Jessica looked at Jubilee with disgust. “That’s what I said. Congratulations on reaching the verbal skills of a parrot”.

Jubilee looked on passively as the others examined the corpse of Eros. There just seemed to be something... off about this. The first kill was bloody, brutal and savage... this one? Quick. Methodical. Precise.

Jubilee glanced over at Spider-Man. She didn’t know much about him, but out of the rest of the assembled “heroes”? She knew he was almost universally considered one of the truly good guys.

“Say, web-head,” she said, approaching him, speaking in hushed tones. “Something’s weird about this, and I kinda need to vent, so here goes. This seems like an Emma thing, right? Like... taking out the only other person here with really strong psychic powers? But something doesn’t smell right here. Isn’t it totally random that someone would die just after we got teleported here? And the someone we had teleport us wasn’t one of the bajillion X-Men who can teleport, or using a gizmo, or even that Cloak guy... it was someone that one of us knew better than anyone else. Something’s not right with this Hawkeye[\B] chick”.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 05 Feb 2018, 21:54

Wilson remembered the contorted form of Starfox's dead body and smiled. He may not have known him very well but he certainly was not to the Kingpin's liking. Unfortunately, the idea that one of these so called heroes could potentially be targeting himself and the others for death was a bit troublesome.

"How is it that a mind reader like the great Emma Frost of the Hellfire Club, couldn't pick up the killing intent of someone in such close proximity?" Fisk demanded. "Surely you are not so unskilled to have missed such a strong emotion unless you caused it yourself!"

"I find it absurd that you people would call me a villain while you so indiscriminately fight and kill each other. Simply look at all these so called Civil Wars you people wage and it's no wonder a stand-up true American like myself would be elected Mayor. I can't wait to enforce my policies focused on curtailing the destruction you bring upon the civilians you claim to be saving."

As for the other person at the top of his list, it was often the quiet ones that were the most dangerous in Wilson's experience and none had been as quiet as the little Iceman. His intel was a bit spotty on why he appeared to be so young. Some nonsense about time-travel or something. Perhaps a trip through time addled this young man's brain or this alternate reality Iceman was from one of those "Evil" dimensions where the heroes and villains had alternate personalities. He would keep his suspicions to himself for now and wait for the killer's next move.
Last edited by WorldWideWade on 07 Feb 2018, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 07 Feb 2018, 13:52

Starfox being dead was hardly something to get upset about - he may have been highly problematic, but given his status as an Eternal it was pretty clear to Emma that he'd be back at some point, whether they liked it or not...
No, establishing just who was causing all of this trouble was what they needed to focus on.

Hawkeye was a cause for concern - Emma knew all too well how dangerous spoilt little rich girls could be, and Bishop's hero worshipping of the original Hawkeye struck Emma as odd - why on earth would she want to be like Clint Barton? He may have been heroic, but his lack of powers and his appaling fashion taste left him wanting, as far as Emma was concerned. Had she finally lost the plot and decided to kill off her mentor and anyone else that took her fancy?

Then Kingpin - there was only one person to look fantastic in a white trouser suit, and that was Emma. Of course, Wilson Fisk concerned her - she didn't buy his reformed villain turned city protector act for one second. Emma had been to the dark side and had no issue walking in the grey in order to fulfil her aims, but for someone so cartoonishly villainous as the Kingpin, reform seemed a long way off. Perhaps we are all here to be his playthings?
"These are two hundred dollar Italian cashmere Kiki de Montparnasse stockings, Kurt. I'll only kneel in them if absolutely necessary."

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 07 Feb 2018, 23:59

To be honest Echo failed to see the tactical advantage of locking them all in a bunker together like some bad counselling tactic. This killer had already managed to kill 2 of their party, on most worryingly with poison of some kind. Good thing she wasn't hungry.
She went to get a better look at the body. Nosebleed, convulsions, it could be any number of poisons.

C'mon Maya. Who could have done this? Who has the skills? Iceman certainly could have messed with the brain,triggered this kind of episode. She still couldn't shake her suspicions about Spider-man though. He's a smart guy, if anyone could figure out a chemical strong enough to kill Starfox, it was him. He had the reflexes to get away with it too.

She sighed, still looking at the Eternal's corpse. What a mess.
Cause Physics!

UselessLesbian

Post by UselessLesbian » 09 Feb 2018, 20:02

"So much for fucking secure. At least we know for sure that it's one of us." Kate said.
Jessica side-eyed her. "We were pretty sure of that already,kid."
"Trying to find the positive side here,Jess. Besides, I figured the killer would regroup and wait for an opportunity, not murder someone right after Billy left."
She crossed her arms and looked down at Starfox's body. While it could have been some kind of poison that caused this, her money was on someone using their powers, especially since Starfox had been a Titan. Emma could have done it, and Kate really wouldn't put it past her. She supposed Iceman could probably trigger something similar, and he had been very quiet. Being time-displaced could have messed with his head. Seeing that Echo was already examining the body, she decide to follow her lead and investigate further, instead of standing around speculating.
"I'm going to check out the rest of the room, see if I can spot anything odd." she said,hoping that against all odds, she'd find some kind of lead.

gardien

Post by gardien » 10 Feb 2018, 21:57

"Uh-Uh Miss Legacy. You aren't checking any place out alone." Iceman stopped Kate Bishop "I say we break off in groups of three's"

"Obviously Xavier didn't educate at arhythmitics, "snarled Emma. "There are eight of us here."

"Who cares how many of us there are! I've seen enough of today's horror movies to know we don't seperate! So let's move. Even if it's in herd's of the number A." Bobby was off his game as his joke fell flat with everyone. "Well i tell one good joke for every four bad ones. Guess we're building up to a good laugh later."

"Let's seewho actually winds up getting the last laugh in tonight," he thought to himself as they spread out.
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 11 Feb 2018, 18:50

(insert something witty)
(something something web crawling)
vote for EMMA FROST and KINGPIN again because ... reasons!!!

(next post will be better)

Wings

Post by Wings » 14 Feb 2018, 00:01

Round 3

"Perhaps we should call in a few of my people, Miss Jones," Wilson Fisk suggested, as the others wandered around the room, or examined Starfox's corpse.

"Really, Fisk? Do you think I trust anyone you have at your beck and call?" Jessica replied sharply.

"It was only a suggestion, which is something of which we deem to be in short supply. And I was referring to the NYPD. I don't see any reason not to involve them with two Avengers dead.

"Mayor Fisk," interrupted Emma Frost, scorn in her voice evident from the Kingpin's earlier accusation. "If they can kill an Eternal, I'm sure this murderer would simply cut your men to ribbons. You'd be sending them to their deaths."

"And it's our job to protect people, Fisk," added Spider-Man from where he was perched on the ceiling.

"Look, we have to work with what we've got, Fisk." Jessica said, directing her eyes from Peter back to the Kingpin. "We should be able to solve these murders ourselves. We have as much experience closing cases as the NYPD does."

"How does locking us in a bunker help though? Asked the young Iceman.

Even Jessica was having doubts about her plan. She hadn't expected Starfox to die on arrival.

And to add to that, Jessica was keenly aware of the presence of a telepath, a crime boss, and a vampire. She was concerned about Jubilee's monosyllabic reactions tp Eros' demise.

"Right, Jessica," she thought to herself. "Get your head in the game."

"There's something here that might help," Kate Bishop called from the other end of the room, where she was examining a computer terminal. "Before this was Captain America's bunker, this was one of Nick Fury's safehouses. He stockpiled info on the entire superhuman community. Allies. Enemies. Heroes. Villains. Cosmic beings. Ninjas. The works."

"Knowing Fury, he'll have dug up some secrets." Jessica said, flying across the room and managing a clumsy landing next to Kate. "Throw up the files on everyone in the room."

In a few taps on the keyboard, streams of information on each of those assembled flooded across the giant screen that took up most of one wall of the room.

"Maya, you were raised by the Kingpin and didn't think it was worth mentioning?" Spider-Man said incredulously, dropping from the ceiling so that the Native American woman could read his lips.

"Because I blinded him after I found out he killed my father," Echo shot back angrily.

"Remain silent, Spider," the Kingpin warned. "Ours is not your affair. Not this time."

At that moment, the power suddenly failed. Several startled shouts rang out, as Jessica tried to find Kate beside her. Then the lights came back on, only this time, Iceman was on the ground. Neck snapped. Dead.

The Players
hotknives- Emma Frost IIIIIII
unused_bagels- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) IIII
das_boot- Jubilee III
WorldWideWade- Kingpin IIIII
Liquid Nitrogen- Echo I
UselessLesbian- Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) IIII

The Dead
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
MartijnB- Starfox II
gardien- O5 Iceman IIII

ROUND CLOSING ON SATURDAY 17th of FEBRUARY AT 9PM GMT

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 15 Feb 2018, 18:03

Kingpin looked at the twisted body of the young mutant child. He may have done some questionable things in his past but he had enough of a code not to kill children. The frustration of not being able to use his full resources to put an end to this farce was grating on him and the realization that his life may actually be in danger was now dawning.

One of the few people to have little suspicion thrown on them was Echo. His history in raising her however led to his dismissal of the martial artist. Snapping necks was not usually her style but certainly not out of the realm of possibility. The girl archer also did not seem to possess the upper body strength to pull off such a feat.

"Let me use some of my more persuasive tactics on the Vampire and we may well get somewhere in this," Kingpin suggested. "It's not like I can kill her again anyway, and she has the best skill set for moving and killing in the darkness. Unless of course the super strong and fast Spider has renounced his so called hero ways."

Wilson somewhat enjoyed seeding confusion and paranoia among the heroes, however if the killer was not revealed soon, he may have to take a more direct hand. The city of New York still needed him to make these deadly hero dramas a thing of the past after all.
Current Pull List

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 15 Feb 2018, 23:21

"Oh great. While we bicker, some clown decides to ... man this DOES look like my handiwork. Does anyone else suddenly have a cramp?" Spider-man reached up across his chest to rub the opposite shoulder where it met his neck. That floppy neck looked painful.

"I mean, I know what this looks like. It looks like I did it. Maybe this place is Thunderdome, or we're all Highlanders, and THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE ... wise-cracking superhero... and Iiiiii'm gonna shut up now because it really sounds like I did it." He pointed at Fisk and Frost. "They did it. Spidey senses."

Spider-man backed up away from the group slowly. "Man, I'm probably next."

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 18 Feb 2018, 13:45

Jubilee could feel the pressure rising in the room. Dammit, some of these people were so anxious or angry that she could hear how quickly their hearts were beating...

“Hey,” said Jubilee, approaching Jess. “I can hear everyone’s heart beating.”

“Creepy,” sneered Jess.

“Oh, whatever,” dismissed Jubilee. “If you were half as good a PI as you claim, you’d have tried using me as a living lie-detector.”

“Two problems there,” said Jessica. “Firstly, that only works if we can presume your innocence. Secondly, ‘living’? You’re a vampire.”

“Okay, so maybe ‘walking’ would have been the better verb to use,” she replied, rolling her eyes. “But i’m telling you now, there are two people here with a perfectly normal heartbeat while everyone else is freaking the hell out,” she added, looking directly at Echo and Emma

UselessLesbian

Post by UselessLesbian » 20 Feb 2018, 14:09

"Is this going to cause some timey-whiney shit cause I can't deal with more timey-whiney shit on top of everything else." Kate complained.
"Kate?"
"hmmm?"
"You can let go of my arm now." Jess said, completely deadpan.
Kate released Jessica's arm, face burning. "You grabbed my hand first!!"
"I was trying to find you in the dark, not inviting you to practically wrap yourself around my arm because you're scared"
"Am not!!!"
Jess ignored Kate's exclamation in favour of examining Bobby's body, and Kate decided to do the same instead of continuing to insist she wasn't scared when in reality, she was really freaked. It could have just as easily been her lying there, and the more people the killer succeed in killing the more worried she got that they wouldn't stop the killer in time.
The body wasn't much help. Anyone could have snapped the young man's neck. However, it would be easier for Spider-man or Jubilee to get close in the dark and snap his neck quickly and Slip away from him unnoticed before the lights came back on. She had also noticed them whispering to each other earlier, and they were both acting erratically. While she didn't think it was likely they were working together, she was going to keep a close eye on the two of them regardless..... and keep her suspicions to herself, for now. Kate found a spot where she could lean against the wall, and still have a clear view of both the others in the room and the giant screen, hoping she's find something useful in the files.

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 23 Feb 2018, 00:18

Echo was disappointed in Hawkeye. Now was hardly the time to lose your cool. Staying calm meant staying focused. It meant not missing the clues around you. Like how their resident undead was glaring at her. If Jubilee tried anything, Echo would be ready
Cause Physics!

Wings

Post by Wings » 05 Mar 2018, 22:50

With the death of the time-displaced Iceman, Jessica had to admit that her plan wasn't working as she'd hoped. Much as she was trying to play it cool, the body-count was rising at a much faster rate than she had been
anticipating. She was beginning to wonder if things hadn't already spun out beyond her control. She was feeling a sudden urge to call Luke, even though he'd already told her he was on his way. Billy had done as he was asked, and the Avengers and their allies were already en route. The last she'd heard, he'd been on his way to the X-Mansion after contacting Captain Marvel at Alpha Flight. The killer had to know their window was closing, with the amount of sheer power that was about to descend on the bunker. So when were they going to throw caution to the wind, and reveal themselves?

It has become mathematically impossible to catch the killer. The killer has won. They may now reveal themselves.

(OOC: I apologise profusely to you guys for not throwing up a post earlier, I got swamped with some stuff in real life and let it get the better of me, which meant I wasn't able to host the game to the best of my abilities. I hope you all enjoyed the game regardless, even with the delays. After the killer has revealed themselves, I'll throw up a final post to complete the game and the detail the clues as to the killer's identity.)

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 07 Mar 2018, 23:56

While Jessica frowned to herself, Echo snuck over to the fuse box by the far wall. Just before she moved to cut the lights she sensed the vampire behind her.

Echo wondered what it felt like to walk around dead all the time. She had been killed twice and revived twice, but she didn't remember much of either ordeal. Only that the first time had been painful, confusing, terriflying. The second time she came back with a purpose. Clarity. And this dead girl would not get in her way.

After all, she had chosen her first targets carefully. She did not come unprepared.

In an instant Jubilee had a wooden knife in her chest and the lights went out. Another knife thrown at Emma before she tried her diamond form.

Jones was by the wall. Clever. No pounce from behind. She caught Echo with a punch. Maya caught her with a blade.

The spider-man next. His way of the spider couldn't match her lifetime of training, not with her new purpose driving her on. Block kick, try to get a hold. Shoulder, chest, neck. Snap!

The lights went on. Clever girl. But too late. Echo closed the distance before Hawkeye could loose and arrow. A sharp blow to the base of the neck.

Fisk.

She had to leave him till last. He had to know what was coming. Had to hatch a little scheme, one final attempt at bravado before she finally ended him. His cold eyes followed her as she dipped her Hand in the pool of blood that gathered around the White Queen and pressed it to her face over the white paint. She was going to rip those ones out too when she was done.

Fisk attacked.

She ducked and countered. Retreating, always on the back foot. Until she was cornered.

Fisk gave a humourless smile at the girl he raised. The woman who took his eyes. He closed in on his prey.

Just as the cavalry arrived, to the image of slaughtered heroes and Wilson Fisk about to kill Maya Lopez. Just as she had planned.

Echo was "saved" by the avengers once again. It didn't take a lot to convince them of Fisk's guilt, and she could continue her task unhindered. For now, they were all none the wiser. No one would ever suspect. Until far too late.
Cause Physics!