unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Betrayal Game #76: Inversions - Sign-ups and Discussion

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
UncannyScott

Betrayal Game #76: Inversions - Sign-ups and Discussion

Post by UncannyScott » 08 Jan 2016, 04:52

Good is evil, evil is good! The sky is the ground and the ground is the sky! Puppies meow and kittens bark! Chocolate tastes like vanilla and vanilla tastes like nothing! The world's gone crazy!

Okay at least that first one is true.

Welcome to X-Men: Inversions. You know, that event that changes characters from good to bad essentially, and vice versa, as their usual personality is pushed aside for favor of one that is the opposite and extreme? Sure it happened during that Axis event that was very divisive when it comes to liking it or hating it, but this time things are different. Increasingly bored with his running of the Hellfire Club, the luster and challenge has dulled, Quentin Quire decides he wants to have fun and goes about mucking with forces he shouldn't. With a little psychic tweaking here and there and help from a magician that knows some dark magic, a cloud has descended upon the X-Men and their new home of Limbo. When touched, this cloud changes everything about a person and inverts them. It was all meant as some harmless fun. Watch them bicker and fight for a bit, then turn it off and go about his day. Except, just like all things...these plans never go as planned.

With the X-Men seemingly stuck like this, things descend into chaos. Friends are now enemies. Lovers now loathe one another. Family members would be glad if their sibling would just vanish. So far they're just a bunch of rowdy teenagers full of hate and hormones and rage, but someone is changing the game. Someone is killing them one...by one...by one....problem is, everyone is a suspect. Question is, can they figure out who it is and deal with them before it's too late? Though this does pose another question, do they care enough to try and stop the killer? Let the fun begin!

So I can't recall what my original plan was when I pitched Inversions as the name of my game, and this just came to me and I just had to go with it. It's different, and I'm crossing my fingers that it works...so let's find out!

All X-Men characters are available to use for this, even those that might not be accounted for currently in Marvel. This is your chance to figure out where that missing character you love has ended up in this All-New All-Different world facing mutants. A lot could have happened in 8 months. You also get to play them against type, so that's a plus too.

Blind Voting: We'll be using the blind voting rule where you send your two votes each round to me in PM, or you can email them to me at Redmondscott.85@gmail.com. Just remember to let me know what your screen name here is in the email and mark it as Betrayal Game so I don't miss the email. Go ahead and accuse everyone and their mothers out in the open outside of your votes, because you're characters are like Professor Xavier, they're jerks now. Jerks do that sort of thing.

Rounds will last for 72 hours, with rounds that overlap the weekends always lasting till late Monday PST since many don't or can't get on during the weekends. Sign ups will last until Wednesday next week, and round one will begin that day.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

The Inverted:
1. Hotknives - Rogue
2. Wings - Northstar
3. MartijnB - Omega Red
4. Liquid Nitrogen - Surge
5. Abaddon - Hope
6. Mastermind - Cannonball
7. Gibbering Fool - Vanisher
8. New Girl - Karma
9. Gardien - Pixie
Last edited by UncannyScott on 31 Jan 2016, 05:23, edited 5 times in total.
Uncanny Avengers Draft: Cannonball, Spectrum, Spider-Man, Beast, Smasher, Sabretooth, Manifold, Hope Summers

Making a return after over a year of being gone!

Everyone's a geek for something. Check out Geekfinity! - http://www.geek-finity.com

hotknives

Re: Betrayal Game #76: Inversions - Sign-ups and Discussion

Post by hotknives » 08 Jan 2016, 08:56

This sounds very interesting indeed!

Could I take Rogue please?
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 08 Jan 2016, 19:11

Cool!

Hey does "all X-Men characters" include the villains or only the members of the actual x-teams?

Wings

Post by Wings » 08 Jan 2016, 19:35

What about Havok and Sabretooth? Are they excluded or are they just returned to their normal selves? Given they're both inverted.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 09 Jan 2016, 03:31

@MartinjnB: Any mutant, because it's very reasonable to assume that just like Utopia there might be usually villanous character that chose to play nice to take advantage of the safety of the X-Men's new haven to avoid the M-Pox and Terrigen Mists.

@Wings: Hmm that's a good question. I'll say that they are still available to play, and it's up to the person choosing them if they want them affected to be inverted backwards, so it would still count as an inversion, or if because they are already inverted it doesn't affect them.

@Hotknives: Rogue is all yours.
Uncanny Avengers Draft: Cannonball, Spectrum, Spider-Man, Beast, Smasher, Sabretooth, Manifold, Hope Summers

Everyone's a geek for something. Check out Geekfinity! - http://www.geek-finity.com

Wings

Post by Wings » 09 Jan 2016, 10:52

I'll take Northstar if I may
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 09 Jan 2016, 14:39

let me give Omega Red a spin!

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 09 Jan 2016, 20:57

Put me down for Surge please! :-D
Cause Physics!

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 11 Jan 2016, 05:09

Hmmm...who should I twist into a perverted mockery of themselves?

Hope

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 13 Jan 2016, 06:05

So good to see this back

CANNONBALL, If I may!

Perhaps before Izzy and Little Jebadiah or Obediah or whatever that little munchkins name is....

..or maybe I'll keep them in for stories sake.

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 15 Jan 2016, 04:14

Going to keep the sign-ups open a few days longer since there are so few people in the game so far. If there are people that usually play the game (I haven't played for awhile so not sure who all was still playing) give them a poke, get them riled up to find a betrayer once more! Time for some betrayal!

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 19 Jan 2016, 11:47

Hey gang, looks like you need a few more numbers. I'm going to brush off my RPGing skills and join in if you'll have me. I'd love to try my hand at the Vanisher; weasely coward self involved villain? A moral inversion will be pretty interesting :D

Wings

Post by Wings » 21 Jan 2016, 21:48

I sent messages to a few more people who haven't visited the site in a while. Hopefully we'll get a few more players.

New girl

Post by New girl » 22 Jan 2016, 23:16

I'll take Karma, if I may

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 24 Jan 2016, 07:46

:oops: :cry:

My choice was ignored?!!

gardien

Post by gardien » 24 Jan 2016, 19:15

Howdy all, after being away for so long in going to get back into the BG games for some good fun. I think I'm going to take Dust for another spin

EDIT: After giving it some thought maybe I'll try Pixie instead
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 31 Jan 2016, 05:24

Sorry Mastermind! No clue how I forgot to put you on the list, and you chose one of my favorite characters to boot! Shame upon me, shammeeeeeee!

Wings

Post by Wings » 07 Feb 2016, 23:38

Is the game still happening?

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 08 Feb 2016, 02:30

It better, it took me a while to find that pic of Hope looking scared to death and I don't want that to go to waste. :P
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

gardien

Post by gardien » 13 Feb 2016, 16:18

So since this is an inversion game, I was thinking that Nightmare from AoX would be the perfect opposite of Pixie. I originally was going to play Dust like her counterpart from House of M but Pixie just seemed like more fun. I really hope this game continues too.
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

ElectricX

Post by ElectricX » 14 Feb 2016, 21:36

I would like to Mystique

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 25 Mar 2016, 05:12

Hey all, I'm really sorry about the game never taking off. I wasn't checking as much when we had few players, and then I got swamped and I forgot to even come to this website. That's no excuse though, I should have remembered to come here after saying I would run this game. If you're all still up for playing we can get this going, if you think there are enough players. If you've lost interest and want to move on, I totally understand.

Wings

Post by Wings » 25 Mar 2016, 16:47

If you still want to host the game I'd be down to play this one if we can contact everyone and they're still up for it

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 26 Mar 2016, 11:11

let us play!

ElectricX

Post by ElectricX » 29 Mar 2016, 03:34

I'm in