unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Betrayal Game #75 - Duel From Death

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
gardien

Re: Betrayal Game #75 - Duel From Death

Post by gardien » 22 Jun 2015, 19:54

"That's a lot of aliens," jay said nervously. from nowhere Hussar leaped next to the ghostly angel. She swiped her whipped maniacally but to no avail. Before the red toned creature could say anything Dust blasted her. She flayed the skin from her hands making it unbearable to hold a weapon.
"If they are made of flesh I can end this sooner." Jay went to speak but Dust ignored him. She needed to finish this mess so she could speak with him privately. Dust dispersed across the scene slowly creating a massive wall of grain. She integrated bits of the Blue Moon particles with her own expanding her sandstorm. Hussar fell first into nothing but a pile of bones. Smasher was the next caught in Dust's wave. Even the fallen Oracle was washed away. Hobgoblin attempted to flee but he too was swallowed. As Dust approached Gladiator he used his heat vision to solidify some of the sand. He shattered it. Dust hurt but withstood the pain thanks to the extra particles. Dust hurled an enormous blast at Gladiator ripping off half his face and torso. As Dust prepared to make her final strike Mantra and Starbolt blasted through her defense. With Thier combined might they forced Dust back into her human form.
"Jay ran over to check on her. Her niqab had fallen off revealing her face. the Blue Moon particles had joined with her to make up for the pieces Gladiator destroyed. "Dust....your face is..." "What can I say," Dust sighed. "When you left me I started feeling blue."
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 22 Jun 2015, 20:01

"M-Mortimer. I know what happened here..." Mastermind stammers, "I made it happen".

He looks at Jean, both of them. Toad doesn't know what to say.

"I ruined their lives Mortimer. I went inside the head of a goddess and I poked and I poked until she went crazy enough to annihilate a civilized star system, and she did. That young girl will die here one day Mortimer, and it will be because of me."

Mastermind sheds a tear. Toad uncharacteristically puts an arm around Mastermind's spectral form, only to move right through it.

"On my deathbed she forgave me Mortimer. While I was dying from the legacy virus she could find it in her to forgive me for the terrible wrongs I did to her."

Mastermind is about to break down when a voice inside his head reaches out to him, "Stop crying you idiot!"

"Emma?"

"That's right Wyngarde. I was there when you messed up the poor redhead so badly, remember? But unlike you I stayed relevant for long enough to learn what actually happened."

"What do you mean?"

"The woman that went crazy because of you was the Phoenix Force itself who had merely made itself to look like Jean. Congratulations, you have actually driven a cosmic deity insane."

"But, but, at my deathbed..."

"Yes, that was the real Jean. Characteristically she didn't have the backbone to tell you the truth. Now man up and help us deal with the Imperial Guard would you? The X-Men had enough troubles with these folks as it was without half their party sobbing. And unlike the imp next to you you actually have powers that might be of any use."

Toad looks on as Mastermind came out of what seemed to be a trance. "What happened there buddy?"

"That was Emma Mortimer, nothing to worry about."

"Oh, ok, fine, did she say anything about me?"

"Lets fight the Imperial Guard Mortimer."

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 23 Jun 2015, 02:46

Manuel was still reeling from Polaris's unwarranted and unprovoked attack. The nerve of that woman! Didn't she know he was her superior?

"Who does she think she is?" he said to Roulette while nursing his wounds. "Doesn't she know who I am?"

"Oh, calm down, Manuel. You had that coming," she replied. "Don't do anything stupid — you're my only chance of coming back to life. The afterlife is so boring. I can't even understand what Catseye is talking about half the time, and Tarot is just a rambling dolt whenever she decides to show up, and I can never even keep track of if she's dead or alive. And don't even get me started on Beef and Bevatron — I only knew those two losers for a few weeks and now I have to spend eternity with them! I can't stand it, Manny, so don't fuck this up. Just find whoever is killing these losers and bring me back to life already!"

Manuel's attention wandered while Jennifer lectured him, however, to a conversation his old headmaster Emma was having nearby with another one of her seemingly endless list of dead students. "But what if he WAS messing with her, Miss Frost?" Asked Everett.

"Then I would hope he would at least psychically convince her to leave the blue area where there's no oxygen," she sniffed.

Upon hearing this, Manny smirked. Roulette, after figuring out she was being ignored, caught on to what he was thinking. "Don't you dare do it, Manuel!" she snapped.

Waving her off, he wandered over to his elderly headmaster Emma. "Thanks for the inspiration, Ms. Frost," he said. "You always did know just the right thing to say."

"Manuel, I have neither the time nor the patience right now to decipher your cryptic threats so do us both a favor and do whatever it is you plan to do and leave me be," Emma said. "Can't you see I am busy dismantling Mentor's psychic defenses? I will deal with the fallout of whatever sadistic plan you're concocting later."

"It's a shame things ended the way they did for us, Emma. None of your other pupils were ever worthy of you."

Leaving her, he darted behind Dust and the sandstorm she was creating and sneaked up behind Polaris, who was currently grappling with the aforementioned robotic-looking thing. Lorna, cocky as usual, was making quick work of whatever it was — but she was so focused on her imminent victory that she failed to see Empath sneaking up from her rear. With one quick motion, he reached out, grabbed the protective helmet off her head and spun her around by the shoulders before she realized what was going on. This'll teach you to lay a hand on me, woman, Emanuel thought to himself as he focused his hypnotic glare on Lorna's verdant eyes.

"Get off me, kid!" she shouted before falling under his spell. Her body went limp as her eyes locked with his.

"No need to resist, Ms. Dane. We're friends, and I'm just here to help you do what you couldn't do by yourself. Your life has been so hectic lately that you haven't had time to think about how... well, depressing it all is. You don't have Alex anymore, your backup beau, Iceman, is dead, your latest team dissolved, your father doesn't care about you, you lost the siblings you thought you had... what's the point of it all, really, when you'll always just end up alone?"

Lorna's eyes glazed over, almost as if they were drained of all spirit. Manuel was right — she had nothing to live for, and this game with Sinister was just a way to distract herself from thinking about the inevitable.

"It'll be just like going to sleep, Lorna. Totally peaceful, like a little baby. Isn't that what you want? Isn't that what we all want?"

He let go of her shoulders, but his work was done. Lorna gazed off toward the perimeter of the Blue Area of the Moon. Then, as if she were a zombie, she shuffled over to the membrane and drifted through it. Once in the exposed vacuum of space, she immediately began to suffocate — but she was so drained of any will to live that she welcomed it. She collapsed, and within moments, she was completely dead.

"Manny, you jerk!" a voice said from behind. Empath turned to see that Roulette had followed him over. "Why the hell did you do that? She was one of the only ones fighting these enemies Sinister is throwing at you guys!"

"I had to teach her a lesson: no one ever lays a hand on a de la Rocha."

[Paranoia Kill (a.k.a. Psylocke's Psychic Kill) on Polaris.]
"Why am I even listening to you to begin with? You're a virgin who can't drive."

Savant

Post by Savant » 23 Jun 2015, 03:57

"Oh, God. Lorna!" Ghost Jean cried out as she watched her friend drift toward the boundary between light and darkness, the blue and the eternal black. Unable to use her powers, Ghost Jean turned to her younger self. "Quick! Use your TK. Bring her back in before it's too late!"

But while Ghost Jean had enjoyed years of therapy to help her get over this terrible place and the looming memory of the death of what could have been her, her younger self had enjoyed no such comfort. The full weight of seeing the place where 'she' would die struck Teen Jean harder than anything the Imperial Guard could muster.

Teen Jean couldn't take it. She curled up into a fetal position on the ground. With sightless eyes, she watched Lorna suffocate noiselessly. No amount of coaxing from the White Phoenix of the Crown would get her to fight.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 23 Jun 2015, 13:21

Sinister looked on with no small degree of satisfaction, the green haired Polaris floating away from the group, blue face clashing terribly with her costume.

Activating his hologram, Sinister again appeared in front of the group, and watched the tear streaked faces of those around him

“Ah” He began “So it appears that the one of you taking matters into your own hands has been revealed. Empath, I can’t say that you surprise me – the thoughts of those here suggest that you have always been a little shit. But to walk poor Polaris out there to die alone? How very, very cruel…
Thankfully, you’re not the only one who can be cruel. You are but an apprentice and I am a fabulously dressed master. Firstly…” Sinister clicked his fingers, and Roulette’s ghost disappeared in a flash – her last grimace remaining in the air for a few brief seconds for dissipating. “And as for you Mr de la Rocha – I’m well aware that your little games with the Red Queen have shown that you rather enjoy being mistreated, so I shan’t be arousing you I’m afraid. Instead…” Sinister clicked his fingers once again, and Empath’s head exploded, fountains of blood cascading into the sky.

Sadly he was stood near to the sullen Teen Jean - whose mood was not improved by the shower of blood, brain and bone that she received.

“Now” Sinister continued “Now that the killer is dead, we can continue with out little competition without you all fearing for your lives. Let’s leave here” At a nod from Sinister, the blue area of the moon disappeared, to be replaced by …”

The air shimmered, and the group were surprised to find themselves not on the moon, but looking down on the earth from another satellite – Asteroid M

“You’re here to stop Magneto – Jean Grey, Gambit, Rogue, Quicksilver and Wolverine are just about to arrive. Prizes will go to those of you who Interact with the X-Men – speak to the team who have arrived to save the day and interact with your character. And another prize will go to Plot Twist – the one who shakes things up a bit – Sinister just LOVES change. Prizes for the last round go to Emma Frost, Mastermind and poor blue and bloated Polaris – these will be sent out shortly. Remember” Sinister said, glancing at the furious ghost of Polaris who trailed behind the group, “You can still interact with the game even when you’re deceased. Speaking of deceased, can anyone smell dog? I’m sure I can smell dead dog…”

The group looked around, swiftly spying Wolfsbane’s corpse slumped against a set of stairs. “Oh dear, whatever happened to Rahne?”

Rahne’s ghost, trapped forever in feral form answered. “I dinnae see – and ave lost Moira forever. Och ay the noo, haggis etc.”

Jean’s ghost attempted to hug the ghost of Wolfsbane, briefly merging the two of them into one ghostly blur

“So, it seems one of you is still the killer – Polaris was certainly INNOCENT, and whilst Empath may have killed, it appears he wasn’t the real murderer here. I’ll be keeping my eyes on you all…”

Sinister deactivated his hologram, and disappeared.

Round closes Wed 1ST of July. On holiday till Friday – Prizes will be sent out at the weekend
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 27 Jun 2015, 21:27

"Oh come ON," shouted Emma, throwing her arms out at her sides in exasperation. "A THIRD Jean Grey? HONESTLY Nathaniel, I could recommend an excellent therapist who deals with obsessive disorders, and I'd even pay! It would be like a gift to you at this point."

"I don't quite follow..." Said Everett.

"Very well," sighed Emma. "Sinister has a somewhat morbid fascination of the sum of Summers semen and Grey ovum. It's actually rather disturbing, frankly."

"Okay, but what has this got to do with what's happening now?"

Emma smiled wryly as she noticed the X-Men storming Asteroid M.

"Absolutely everything, darling," she said, as she strode purposefully over to Alive-Adult-Jean.

"Emma Frost?" gasped the hologram. "But you're in the infirmary at Xaviers!"

"Oh, don't remind me of yet another period of vegetative state and incontinence caused me by the X-Men," she said with a dismissive wave of the hand. "Right now, I'm here to talk to you about your lord and saviour."

Jean's face was a treat-- rarely had Emma seen someone pull such a confused expression unless she was making up words with which to confuse Paige with whilst playing Scrabble.

"You're... Religious?" Asked Jean.

"Not even remotely," replied Emma. "In a few years time, Scott and I embark on a sordid psychic affair which results in you dying (again), and he and I falling madly in love. We even have children!"

"What... What is this?" Asked Jean. "Some kind of trick?"

"Darling, quite the opposite. Do yourself a favour. Hire a good divorce attorney, leave him, and join the Avengers. You'll DEFINITELY survive then."
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

gardien

Post by gardien » 02 Jul 2015, 04:41

So much death and carnage ran amongst the group. Sooraya could barely stomach it. "Jay, if this is to be our final hour," she sighed as she removed chunks of Empath from her outfit. "I must know why you left to Stryker." Icarus hung his head low. "I did it becuase I thought he could save you." Dust www a little stunned. She questioned him further. Why her? Was she not already saved according to Allah? "Of all our friends Sooraya...you were the only one who genuinely cared about me. The others, sure they did, but yours meant more to me." Dust was speechless. She had waited for so long to hear that she meant something to someone. And it was her luck that the person was torn between this realm and the next. Dust wanted to say someone but then the X-Men docked the station making her reply a low priority.
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Wings

Post by Wings » 02 Jul 2015, 09:32

"Uh, Emma, sorry to interrupt your little tirade," announced Lorna, her incorporeal form drifting in between the White Queen and the holographic Jean Grey. "But I don't remember any kids. What I DO remember is Scott getting a little power mad, ripping a celestial force out of you and landing you in prison, and then giving you Lady Mastermind's castoffs to wear when he finally got you out."

The smirk on Emma's face soon became an icy glare.

"Lorna, I realise you've just been consigned to an eternally ectoplasmic existence, but would you mind not bothering those of us who still have people to save?" she said haughtily, her voice sickly sweet. "I'm sure Everett here would appreciate you ruining our chances."

"Sorry, Emma," Polaris said, smiling as she felt a sudden surge of power flow through her. "But I think I might be back in the game!"

There was a flash of bright green light as Lorna felt her ghostly self slip back into a frame of skin and bone. Her previously dead body continued to cast off several waves of magentic energy before she managed to reassert control over her powers. She looked up, and bit her lip as she saw that her powers had done the exact same thing as her father's years ago, ripping the adamantium right from Wolverine's bones.

"Logan!" cried Jean.

"This must be some kind of trick!" Quicksilver said, launching his fist into Lorna's face, sending her stumbling backwards. "These are not our friends!"

"Yes, Pietro," Xavier said grimly. "And I pray you'll forgive me for this. But this is the last time you hurt one of my students, Magnus! X-Men, attack!"

Lorna watched helplessly as a blast of psychic energy came hurtling towards her, ready to wipe her mind clean.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 02 Jul 2015, 09:58

EARLIER:

"I am sorry for my mental breakdown earlier Mortimer, not my proudest moment."

"No worries Jason, I'm glad you've gotten over it. Now lets tear Magneto a new one!"

"Mortimer..."

"Oh no Jason! You're not gonna keep me out of the fight with your illusions again! We're gonna fight Magneto!"

"Mortimer, we both know you're terrified of that man. And rightfully so. So am I. On the Brotherhood he would regularly show us how superior he is to us. I know you are proud of your status with the X-Men but quite frankly X-Men are dropping like flies right now. And if you die, I die. Forever."

"But we can't let these X-Men fight Magneto alone! Would you look at their party! They even brought Wolverine with them, he's full of metal, what were they thinking?! We have experience with Magneto Jason! And my powers have developed since you died! The things I can do with my tongue..."

"I don't want to know what you can do with your tongue Mortimer."

"UGH!", frustrated, Toad kicks the wall besides him. Or at least he would have done, if Wolverine wasn't sneaking up on him at the time. Toad's foot lands straight into the Canadian's groin. Wolverine falls on the floor. In agony. Nearly passing out.

"How... argh... how clever of Mags... after dealing with his Acolytes I find 2 of his old lackeys of the Brotherhood here on Avalon... ugh... Chuck didn't warn me about that...", and Wolverine passes out.

"See! I have beaten Wolverine! I can totally take on Magne... oh damn it..."

"What is it?"

"The timeline! Taking Wolverine out of this fight will totally alter the timeline!"

"Mortimer, you know these are hologra..."

"The timeline Jason! The headmaster used to warn us about that! Especially after what McCoy did."

"Who was this headmaster of yours Mortimer?"

"Wolverine!"

"Wolverine taught you things? That explains a lot."

"Help me put on his uniform Jason! We can fool the timeline!"

"That's a terrible idea Mortimer."

"I can be a superior Wolverine! We can fool Magneto in thinking my body is full of metal and take him by surprise! If he tries to use his magnetic powers on my skeleton we even make him think it's working through your illusions! Come on Jason, you want to see Magneto go down as badly as I do!"

"... that might actually work... hang on, I'll create an illusion that will give you his size and claws."

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 03 Jul 2015, 09:02

Sinister will be closing this round later today - new post will be up Monday.

Keep the votes coming in - we may be close to a confession...
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 06 Jul 2015, 13:11

Back in his stronghold, Sinister was delighted. The killer was tearing the group apart, and whilst Polaris’s return from the grave was a slight pain, he felt that the group needed a morale boost, if anyone could call resurrecting the green haired loony that.

Perhaps he would step in after all this – unite the survivors and lead them. “Mr Sinister and the X-Men”. Too much? Maybe a new codename was in order. “Big Red Diamond Man?” “PaleMan?” “Mr Eugenics”… He’d have to have a think.
Being a supervillain was getting old, and he longed for the company of beings who weren’t clones – most of his cloned X-Men were faulty, and that damned Magneto had stolen his marauders. Of course, he still aimed to kill, maim and slaughter once he was with the X-Men – but given the modus operandi of the X-Men of late, he imagined he’d fit in. Additionally, his contact in the X-Men had promised that they would help him, provided he fulfilled their small favour…

Sinister activated his hologram, appearing in the danger room and swiftly turning off the projections before Polaris’s brain could be wiped.
The girl was not exactly bright at the best of times – a mind wipe would not have helped her. Although Sinister would have been surprised if anyone had noticed a difference.
A disgruntled sigh issued from behind Sinister. He turned and saw Emma Frost there, ghostly form stunned at the pile of diamonds that had been her body moments prior. Silent, her ghostly form was filled with rage, punching the wall but passing straight through it. She slumped to the ground, head in hands. The group gather around her, unsure of what to do.

Emma looked up, and despite her spectral form it was clear to see that her eyes were red with tears, her ghost form shuddering as sobs passed through her.
“Synch is gone… I can’t believe I’ve failed him again” Polaris attempted to comfort Emma, but was met with more rage
“And you…How the bloody hell are you still here? I saw you die, and now you’re wandering around being Little Miss Unstable again. We’ve had so many chances at life, but my students…How can the X-Men keep coming back from death, when my students are left to rot?”

Sinister grimaced awkwardly, moving the group away from the former White Queen

“So, things are not going particularly well… Only a handful of you left, and you still haven’t caught the killer? I thought I had picked an intelligent bunch, but clearly not. However, I will award prizes to Polaris and Toad for your efforts.
I do believe you are very, very close to catching a killer, so this could well be the final round. We’re going somewhere very fun for this one”

The lights shimmered, and the holographs provided all with a sight that was alien. “This” Sinister continued “is Apocalypse’s stronghold. From a reality where Xavier died many, many years ago, and Apocalypse reigned supreme. This is the final battle that your X-Men counterparts fought against En Sabah Nur – why not give them a hand?”

The group looked around at the unfamiliar X-Men milling around them. Was that Magneto? Destiny? Yet another Jean Grey?

This was going to be very interesting…

Round Closes Wed 15th, unless the killer is revealed before then… Prizes will be sent out in the next few days - someone has won one of Doops Clues, so that will take some writing!
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Wings

Post by Wings » 14 Jul 2015, 23:14

Her father again? Lorna would rather not have to deal with him anymore today, even as a holographic projection. Betsy, Cargill, Bobby, Rahne, Moira and now Emma. It was time to take the fight to Sinister, but it seemed the survivors would have to deal with Apocalypse first.

Polaris rose into the air, surveying the battlefield behind the protection of a resplendent orb of emerald magnetic energy. Death had left her a bit shaky.

Her father was employing the full of extent of his power against the mad Egyptian mutant, while his X-Men fought through an army of unrecognisable bodies. Lorna caught sight of Sabretooth and Wild Child tearing through the crowd. She manipulated several sheets of metal to trap the feral mutants, while Mystique and the ghostly Destiny attempted to slip past towards Destiny's counterpart.

"Sorry, Mystique," Lorna said, her voice making it clear she was anything but. "We both know I can't trust you. You're not leaving my sight."

Polaris' thoughts were elsewhere, even as she threw up several magnetic screens to trap Raven within, a handful of ghosts, Bobby and Betsy among them surrounding Destiny as she did so. Somewhere in this chaos was a young Jean Grey, shell-shocked and about to come face to face with yet another alternate self.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 20 Jul 2015, 15:50

Waiting on a few more posts before we can continue - will postpone for a couple of days to allow people time
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 27 Jul 2015, 09:00

"This Apocalypse, Mortimer, is he..."

"Yeah he's sort of a big deal Jason, we better give it our best."

Sorry for the extremely short and late post, been ill.

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 20 Aug 2015, 02:00

"Will one of ye please hurry up and catch this killer so I can sharpen muh claws on their face fer murderin' muh boy....again?!" Rahne snarled as she watched the remaining X-Men face off against Apocalypse. It was bad enough being dead and losing her chance to give Tier the life he deserved, but now she was stuck spending eternity with Emma and her snotty attitude.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 20 Aug 2015, 07:31

Good call - I was originally waiting until more people posted, but then got snowed under with work stuff.

Will tie up the game over the weekend if no-one else posts
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 07 Sep 2015, 03:31

"Can I be a complete bitch and start randomly accusing people?" Rahne asked. "Cause Jean looks guilty...jus' sayin'."

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde