unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Betrayal Game #74: X-Men Arena

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
das_boot

Re: Betrayal Game #74: X-Men Arena

Post by das_boot » 29 Apr 2015, 19:46

"Like HELL am I gonna take this crap from you," snapped Surge, advancing on Rahne. Her rage was such that she could barely contain her powers, sparks issuing from her gauntlets, as arcs of energy flowed over her body.

"You wanna sit there and cry about you went 'Cannibal Holocaust' on daddy dearest? How you invented some baby-daddy drama, because heaven forbid you join the 21st century sexual revolution and take some control over your own sexual agency, rather than hiding behind your Puritan beliefs? Can't help but notice you miss out the Mrs Robinson routine you pulled on Elixir, or did you think that adding 'child molester' to your list of 'sins' would be too much for everyone to handle?"

"How dare ye," snarled Rahne, shifting into her transitional form. Noriko had had enough. She drew closer to the werewolf.

"How dare I?" Asked Surge, lowering her voice to a murmur. "How dare YOU? How dare you judge me? Did you have to bury almost two thirds of your classmates? I didn't see you at my side when I was digging corpses out of exploded buses. Where was X-Force then?"

"Ye've no idea girl," Rahne rebuked with a snarl. "We took the responsibility so ye'd nay have tae".

"No, your team just painted a bigger target on our damn backs. And for who?" She asked, turning around and gesturing at HOPE. "For her? For the supposed saviour who turned tail and ran to the AVENGERS, rather than helping her own people? You wanna look for your traitor, Lassie? There she is. Plain as day. She doesn't give a crap about the rest of us, and what the hell does she know about REALLY fighting a war?"

Hope's eyes blazed with rage. She opened her mouth to say something-- clearly Surge's attack on her character (or lack thereof) had struck a nerve so soon after Monet's.

"Try it," said Surge with a glare. "Please try it. I'm just itching to tear a chunk out of you. You think you're so hard done to? Look at all the people who's deaths you've caused. You wanna cry about Cable? Well. Talk to me when the body count of people you care about is in double digits, and they DON'T come back to life every few weeks."

Surge stalked away from the group, but not before grabbing Hisako by the arm and dragging her with her.

"Nori, what the--" exclaimed Hisako.

"Shut up," Nori said in Japanese. "Mastermind's crappy suggestion's stuck in my head and I need to get it out, but don't much feel like spilling my secrets to everyone, so here we go."

"Okay," replied Hisako. "But I really don't see why--"

"I have a death wish," interrupted Surge. "A self-destructive streak a mile and a half wide. Why the hell do you think I kissed Julian in front of Laura? I was kind of hoping she'd kill me for that. The same as when I pick fights with her. Why do you think I faced down a Predator-X alone? Not just because my powers would do the most damage against the metal skin, that's for sure. I led the charge against the Purifiers while everyone was looking for Hope, and you have no idea how much I wished I'd been in Deathstrike's way instead of Julian. And if he hadn't have shoved me out of the way on the bridge? That Nimrod would have taken my head off, but instead, he lost his hands." Hisako laughed a hollow laugh, devoid of any real mirth. "And then he went and got himself killed by Teacher before I could do anything, so now I have to act like the leader and try to protect you and the Cuckoos. Which, let's face it, I've not done particularly well at, have I?"

"Nori, what are you saying?" Asked Hisako, relatively stunned.

"I'm saying that if I were dead, at least I wouldn't have to put up with feeling this bad every time one of you died". She turned to face Hisako. "That's my big secret. I wish I was dead so I didn't have to shoulder the blame every time one of you died. So don't you f***ing die, Hisako."
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 29 Apr 2015, 20:19

Hisako looked at Nori.

They all fell silent.

In that silence, somewhere in Hisako's mind, Lady Mastermind brought forward the empty silence that followed the news of her mother and brothers deaths. The ringing in her ears, the sobs she didn't hear.

The strengthening of her exoskeleton. The power. Power she liked. Thrived on.

Power from her ancestors. Her mother's death, her brother's death, made her stronger. Fuelled her. Some days, she saw what she could do, knew where this power came from, and if she was honest with herself, some days, she didn't mind. At least not quite enough.
How sick was that?

She had never been quite enough.
A girl. Not even the best child. She wasn't a boy. Her father wanted a son to carry on the Ichiki name.
A mourner. She wasn't there when her father needed her to be. She was busy playing hero.
A sister, a daughter. She wasn't there to protect her brother, to save him.
An X-man. She wasn't even one of those anymore. She had gone back to school. She had abandoned her family. Again
A student. She was smart, but hardly brilliant.
A teammate. That was laughable. Julian and the Cuckoos were dead and that was just today. Nori lead them, united them, spoke for them, fought for them. But her? With her defensive powers? She couldn't defend any of them. because she wasn't fast enough, didn't plan or protect that well
A Japanese mutant. Even with something as selective as that, she had Nori to contend with and no matter what happened, Nori would always be better than her, stronger, braver.

Because Hisako Ichiki would never be enough.

Nori didn't want her to die? She shouldn't worry. Because while the better ones, the nobler ones, the skilled ones, the REAL X-Men like Nori, fell around her, for the future of their race, for their friends , Hisako always seemed to pull through. Even when it came to dying for her cause, like her ancestors, like Nori would, like their country's soldiers and samurai, like a real hero, Hisako wasn't even good enough for that.

Hisako realized the ringing silence had lasted too long, that her lips had been moving, that she had spoken in english for all to hear, that tears were slowly leaking from her eyes, that she had been tricked.

That damn telepathic bitch
Last edited by Liquid Nitrogen on 29 Apr 2015, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Cause Physics!

moytura

Post by moytura » 29 Apr 2015, 21:39

It was hard to hear that from your sister. The twins had just appeared with the rest of the crew. Jettisoned from the maze and into the open once more. Just in time hear their sister's admission.
The teleport had ripped them apart. They spent a moment trying to get used to their individual bodies. They could not speak telepathically.
This was a pickle.
Suddenly an urge came over the two, the affect delayed by their late arrival. A glance at each other confirmed their fears, their tounges were feeling very loose.
Both clamped their lips over their teeth and turned eyes wide when Monet called Claudette and Nicole's names.
"Oh! I'm so sorry! I'm -girls - come here!" She held out her arms and they ran to her.
As they clung to each other each twin whispered a different secret in the sister's ear.
"I tried to smoother Claudette once. Just to feel whole"
" I think tried to kill myself once. Just for Nicole to be a proper person"
Monet stopped crying. And hugged them both, as if trying to hold the last of her family together.

gardien

Post by gardien » 30 Apr 2015, 00:51

Creep watched as the others bickered amongst themselves. Nobody really cared for Marisol and she kinda preferred it that way.

"Everyone is so caught up I'm each other's lives," she thought to herself. "I don't think I could ever fit in with them. It's better I'm an outsider anyways. I don't know how to control my gifts and know that the Cuckoos have boosted me I'm even more afraid of hurting others. I'm afraid that some day with my gifts that someone is going to exploit me. Turn around and destroy the beauty that I can make. Use it as a weapon. Take whatever last shred Of pride I have in myself. I...I'm afraid to be Flourish..." Seemingly as if on cue, Illyana stepped up to her.
"Innocence is a hard thing to lose child but the loss can be turned into strength." Creep was confused. "The mind witch Mastermind does not allow is provate thoughts at the moment
The others and i heard your fear." Creep threw her hands into her face. She could not feel any dumber at the moment and time. "If you wish to protect others you must first learn how to protect yourself." Creep questioned her as to why she was telling her all this. "Cause I infe was innocent.it was stolen from me and has created a being more powerful than the little girl in me could have imagined." Illyana walked away leaving Marisol stumped. She contemplated her words, tracing small flowers in the sand with her finger
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 30 Apr 2015, 14:56

Illyana turned back for a second as Marisol started drawing in the sand. The shapes reminded her of something....

Illyana quickly erased what Marisol had drawn and used a stick to show her some different shapes to draw. "Here this might give you the strength you want."

"This isn't some sort of demon sorcery that will eat my soul is it?" Marisol said as she started to draw mystical symbols separated by flowers.

"No. It's not that sort of magic." Illyana replied as Marisol continued to draw symbols in a circle around herself. "Now the last symbol is the most important to get right." As she said this she waved the stick in the shape of the symbol for Watoomb "Then just say the words, 'I want to be Tempest.'"

"Wait, why don't you do this sort of thing more often?" Marisol asked.

"Um.... Emma and Scott seem to think I'd turn people into bloodstones...."

New girl

Post by New girl » 30 Apr 2015, 19:00

Hope watched everyone as she tried to distract herself from the overwhelming urge to spill some secrets and punch everyone who had insulted her. It was obviously because they distrusted her. It made it even more important she didn't let slip that she had nearly ran away.......
" You did run away I already said that" Noriko said.
She had said that out loud. Damn it.
She glared at her.
" I didn't run TO the Avengers! I was relentlessly chased by the avengers! I was going to go to the goddamn MOON but Wolverine turned me over. I only agreed to go after the Scarlet witch, a MUTANT,asked me to, I thought she could help me figure out what my connection to the Phoenix force was and how to control them, and I was right. As for not knowing anything about war, I never had a goddamn childhood or any creature comforts. I spent that time learning to be a solider in wasteland in the future, and Cable was literally the only person I really knew, never mind TRUSTED.
I came back to try and help mutant kind, not having displayed any kind of powers. Suddenly people either hated me, we're scared of me or thought I could fucking save the entire world effortlessly. It was intimidating. Then I was separated from Nathan, and Nightcrawler DIED for me. His death was on MY hands. And it was clear that it was only going to keep happening. So I told Nathan I wanted to go back. I thought i was useless. I didn't feel worthy of the trust put in me.I definitely didn't think I was worth Nightcrawler sacrificing his LIFE. I was scared and frustrated, and I was in denial. I thought if I could leave, this would all end.
Then the dome came down, and I understood how naive I had been. Nathan offered for us to use the one charge left to travel back to the future. I'm ashamed to say I was tempted. I nearly said yes. But I didn't because YOU ARE MY PEOPLE. I couldn't be that selfish. Nathan might have been the only person I cared deeply about, but that doesn't mean I didn't care about the rest of you. I did. And I still do. That scares me. I'm terrified that the people who think I wasn't worth all the trouble are right, and that I'm just making everything worse for everyone who I've come to care about, and every mutant."
She took a deep breath, then looked everyone steadily in the eye.
"If you guys want to hold all that against me, fine. But I do give a crap, and I'd never betray any of you. I want you guys to know that."

Wings

Post by Wings » 30 Apr 2015, 19:09

Round 4
Mojoworld…

“Domo! What in the name of Orange is the New Black is going on here?!!!” exclaimed the Spineless One called Mojo, the fat yellow creature gesticulating wildly as it observed the happenings on the mass of television sets its office contained.

“What ever do you mean, sir?” Domo enquired.

“This!” Mojo gestured, jabbing a stubby finger into one of the screens. “The Betrayal Games! We already had Murderworld three episodes ago! And Regan Wyngarde as well? That’s screaming Black Ties and Plus Ones! What hack do we have writing this thing?”

“Sir,” Major Domo intoned slowly. “You do realise these events are actually transpiring, as we speak?”

“You mean it’s live? At least it’s got that going for it.” said Mojo rather dismissively. “Still, it’s no “Superhero Idol”, “The Shattering” or “Broken Utopia.” For GoT's sake, we don’t even have cameras in their eyes!”

The Spineless One spun his robotic chair around to face Major Domo, staring into the robot’s visage with mad bloodshot eyes.

“Get me Spiral!” He ordered the android. “After my star stealing turn in “Hush”, this show has been going from strength to strength, I’m not going to let these ratings slip!”

Murderworld Control Room

Lady Mastermind sat back and chuckled as the young mutants began to turn against each other their thoughts becoming mad blurs of suspicion. The ratings had just surpassed those of Arcade’s previous deathmatches, and Regan couldn’t be happier, safe in the knowledge that heroes wouldn’t be coming to the rescue of these mutants. That was until warning signs, and flashing red exclamations interrupted her regular viewing.

“Warning: Teleportation signatures detected and inbound. Multiple superhumans detected.” A prerecorded message echoed from the computer to Lady Mastermind.

“What? Who?” Regan demanded angrily. “This isn’t possible!”

Before Regan could continue, she was flung across the room as a teleportation portal opened within.

“Sure is, Shugah,” said a voice Regan recognised as that of Rogue, but oddly high pitched.

“Jeez, why don’t you X-Types ever get it?” Regan exclaimed, putting on a false sense of bravado as she recovered and whirled to face her former leader. “I’m…retired…”

“Yeah, you’re way too old! That’s why Mojo sent us to get you!” said the miniaturised version of Rogue standing before her. Behind stood child versions of Mystique, Iceman, Omega Sentinel, Cannonball and even Cable and Sabertooth. “You’re meant to be the youngest! Get her, guys!”

Regan threw herself across the room as the X-Babies began to attack. Diving out of the way of a rabid Baby Sabretooth, she grabbed her gun and slammed the door of the room as she tried to put some distance between herself and her assailants. A new portal opened up in front of her, from which flew ‘Lil Cannonball, followed by his teammates

“Shit. Shit. Shit.” Regan cursed as she sidestepped down another corridor. She tried activating her powers but she cried out as a sudden pain blossomed in her brain as she touched the X-Babies’ minds, as if it was about to split in two. She was already getting breathless and the team of miniature X-Men were gaining fast.

“Help me!” She shouted, shoving the message into the recesses of her captives minds. She winced as she realised she had caused an accidental aneurysm in Husk. “Now!”

Regan rushed ahead, as she felt the mind of Paige Guthrie snuff itself out.

Murderworld
Mojo laughed maniacally as the camera crews set up on the beach. Major Domo handed him a screen, and he watched the mutants panic as one of their own suddenly dropped dead. The drama! Mojo licked his lips. This format had such potential, and he knew just how to spice things up.

“Spiral!” Are we ready?” He barked.

The six armed sorceress merely smiled maliciously as she began her mad dance and another portal opened up. The Young Avengers emerged onto the beach. However, the young heroes appeared dazed and their eyes were glassy and unfocused, as if they had been hypnotised.

“I performed the modifications you requested,” Spiral assured. “They’re yours to command.”

“Avengers vs X-Men. This’ll be a show.” Mojo said, smiling another creepy grin. “Go get ‘em kids!”

Speed raced ahead obediently, while Wiccan created an energy disc to carry the rest of his teammates. The mutants wouldn’t know what hit them….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Mastermind's Live Action Assassination List
Academy X
das_boot: Noriko Ashida/Surge
Liquid Nitrogen: Hisako Ichiki/Armor

Generation X
XtremeOne1: Monet St.Croix/M
moytura: Nicole and Claudette St.Croix/The St.Croix twins

The New Mutants
marhawkman: Illyana Rasputina/Magik
Abaddon: Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane

The Lights and JGS
New girl: Hope Summers/Hope
gardien: Marisol Guerra/Creep

The Dead
Julian Keller/Hellion(NPC)
MartijnB: Roberto da Costa/Sunspot
Hotknives: Phoebe, Celeste and Irma Cuckoo/The Stepford Cuckoos
Mastermind: Paige Guthrie/Husk

Fight! Mojo has sent the Young Avengers to do battle with you all. You must defeat at least one Young Avenger each. You do not have limit yourself to the latest iteration of that team, you may do battle with dead or former members if you so wish. Side Mission: Regan Wyngarde has also requested your assistance in fighting the X-Babies, aid or ignore her at your own discretion. Again, best written post wins immunity.

The winner of last round's immunity challenge was das_boot. The deadline for this round is Monday the 4th of May at 5PM GMT. Please get your votes and posts in before then.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Wings

Post by Wings » 30 Apr 2015, 20:54

M, you have received enough votes to force a revelation. Please inform us whether you are the one behind the killings.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 01 May 2015, 05:49

(I'll do a proper follow up later, at work atm!)

Monet watched Paige collapsed as if she was a puppet who had her strings cut. She cried out, running to Paige, catching her before she hit the ground. Her former peer stared straight ahead, her eyes open and lifeless, her mouth slightly agape. Monet cursed and clutched Paige close to her chest, tears falling down her cheek.

The fighting that began was from a different world, one Paige and Monet weren't a part of. What did it matter? Monet wondered. In the span of an hour she learned one of her sister's tried to smoother the other, and another had tried to kill herself. It had become clear to Monet that there were no happy endings in her story. Just this.

And how unfair that was because despite deep down, Monet was just another innocent.

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 04 May 2015, 05:39

"Paige....." Rahne choked out as she watched Monet cradle their fallen friend in her arms. She knew the horrible pain of losing a child and now that nightmare had been visited on Mrs. Guthrie once again. Somehow Rahne found the will to reach down into the pit of her soul and summon up courage she'd almost forgotten she had.

"Monet....we have tae fight." She said as she stared down the beach at Mojo and his horde of mind controlled Avengers. Monet had never seen Rahne look so determined and while she didn't understand what had brought about this change; it helped to give her strength as well. Yeah, she was just as broken and screwed up as the rest of them, but she wasn't giving up either and that bitch was going to pay for killing Paige and the others.

"Any other day, that might seem strange." Illyana said as she glared at the revolting blob and his mind controlled minions.

"Really....who else is gonna show up, Dr. @*&%ing Doom?!" Noriko snapped.

"We're nae waitin' tae find out." Rahne said. "Yana, give tha' squid-armed witch a lesson in magic..." She said as Illyana drew her soul sword. "Th' rest of us will knock out these baby 'vengers." She said as the mutants broke ranks and headed for the onrushing Avengers.

"Hope....dinnae let those two get tae ye...they're jealous." Rahne said as she and Hope charged ahead. "Kurt believed in ye....I still believe in ye." Rahne told her. Hope nodded as she split off after one of the Avengers and Rahne set her sights on Hawkeye.

"You! Archer girl! Bring me that filthy beast's skin!" Mojo ordered as a possessed Kate Bishop went after Rahne. Wolfsbane narrowly avoided an arrow fired at her and she knew she had to get to the safety of the nearby trees if she was going to have any chance of stopping her. 'I'm too exposed out on this beach!' Wolfsbane thought as she leaped in to the trees.

"Kate! Fight it! Yuir're better than this!" Wolfsbane yelled as she dodged several more arrows fired into the branches at her. She'd met Kate once, years before, when they had both volunteered at the same homeless shelter and she remember how kind she was. It made her sick to see her possessed by Spiral and she was determined to stop her without seriously hurting her. Wolfsbane was stronger, faster and a better fighter, but she had to hold back and Hawkeye's photographic memory meant that soon she'd be able to predict her attacks.

'Have to do something crazy!' Wolfsbane thought at she dove out of the branches, straight at Hawkeye. Hawkeye was momentarily taken by surprise, but still managed to put an arrow though Wolfsbane's forearm as she landed on her, smashing her bow. She quickly kicked the injured werewolf off her and smashed her with her battle staves. Wolfsbane easily shook off the blow; she was tough in her werewolf form and Hawkeye just wasn't strong enough to do serious damage.

"No ye don't!" Wolfsbane yelled as she plowed into Hawkeye and knocked her sword out of her hands. "I'm sorry Kate!" she yelled as she whirled and kicked her into the trunk of a nearby tree, knocking the wind out of her. She snatched up Hawkeye's broken bow and leaped on top of her, tying her hands behind her with the string. "I hope this holds ye." She said as she finished tying her ankles with her own bootlaces.
'I hope the others are winning.' She thought as she bandaged her wound. It was serious and even with her healing factor she really couldn't afford to be slowed down like this. Still, her only choice would have been to kill Kate and that would have made her no better than Regan...or her accomplice.

'I should let you die.' Rahne thought a she remember Regan's plea for help. Regan was more devious than Rahne had given her credit for. She knew exactly what she was doing by forcing her to accuse Noriko and the little hothead was such a slave to her emotions, she'd fallen for it completely. Regan had them all ready to rip each other apart after her little game, but as angry as Rahne was, she realized that witch might be their only way out. They obviously had a common enemy in Mojo so it made sense to help her. If she could find the control center she might be able to warn the X-Men, but she had another reason to go as well. 'M, I'm going after Wyngarde and her little helper, back me up if you can.' Rahne thought, trusting her old teammate would hear her.

"Ok Regan! Where are you?!" She yelled.

'Head east 400 yards! There's a secret door that leads down here!' Regan yelled telepathically as she hid from the X-Babies.
"Th' X-Babies? Really?" Rahne asked in disbelief as she entered the wrecked control room and saw the little hellions trying to break down the door to the room Regan was hiding in. 'Should I be offended there's not a mini version of me here?' She wondered as she crept across the room to the control panel and tried to send a distress signal. The place was a mess; she could only shut down a few of the traps and she wasn't sure if the message got through or not.

"I smell a dog!" Baby Sabetooth yelled as he caught her scent.

"You smell Cable!" Baby Iceman joked.

"Shut up!" Baby Cable yelled.

"Get her!" Baby Rogue yelled as she saw Rahne.

'M I could use some help here!' Rahne yelled as she fled from the unruly horde. She smelled burned popcorn and a plan came to her as she raced to the base's kitchen.

"No where to run you old mutt!" Baby Cable yelled as the X-Babies cornered her in front of the walk in freezer.

"Who wants ice cream?" Rahne asked, hoping the little brats would fall for her trap.

"Ice cream?" Baby Sabertooth asked.

"Yeah....right in there." Rahne said pointing to the doors behind her. "That's more fun than beating up an old mutt isn't it?" She asked.

"Yeah, Mojo never lets us have any fun!" Baby Rogue said.

"Hey! No fair!" Baby Mystique said as Rahne slammed the door on them. She knew it would hold them for long and she raced back to the control room, hoping Regan hadn't escaped.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 04 May 2015, 22:08

Surge ran as fast as she could after Wolfsbane as soon as she realised that the werewolf was heading away from the main fight. She'd be damned if she let that bleeding heart religious nut rescue a traitorous bitch like Wyngarde.

As fast as she was, she only just managed to make it into the underground complex as Rahne slammed the door, leaving Surge face to face with the X-Babies.

"Ah, crap," sighed Surge, as baby-Sabretooth turned to face her, murderous glee etched across his... Oddly disturbingly cute features.

"Anyone order Chinese?" He grinned, diving towards Nori.

"Racist trash," said Nori, dodging the feral mutant's attack. "I'm Japanese, thanks."

She grabbed a fistful of Creed's hair and with a burst of super-human speed, slammed his head against the floor of the tunnel several times, until he lay on the ground, bleeding and groaning.

Surge glared at the rest of the infants. "Who's next?" She asked, slipping into a fighting stance. She suppressed a smirk as she watched Baby-Cable and Baby-Mystique trying to hoist guns almost three times their size.

"Ugh, you're making this way too easy," she said, channelling small blasts of electricity through the metal firearms, causing the two of them to spasm uncontrollably, dropping their weapons. She turned her attention to Rogue, who was trying to sneak up behind her.

"Nice try," said Nori, darting behind the child, picking her up by the armpits, keeping Rogue's bare hands away from her own skin, before throwing her into the wall. She dashed past an ice barrage, and ducked under Cannonball's assault.

"Ice is frozen water, which conducts electricity pretty well," explained Surge, blasting baby Iceman. She turned to see Cannonball making a second pass at her.

"C'mon then, if you think you're fast enough," she challenged him. She burst forth into a sprint, before hitting the deck as soon as he got close, causing him to slam into the door that Rahne had just closed. It buckled under the impact, as baby Cannonball bounced off it, skidding across the floor.

"Rahne, you saved the murderous whore yet?" Asked Nori.

"You're... You're... YOU'RE MEAN!" Came a high-pitched scream from behind her.

"What the..." Asked Nori, turning around.

The assembled X-babies were crying, clutching their assorted injuries.

"Is this for real?" said Nori.

"We didn't even do nothin'," sniffed baby Rogue.

"Oh hell no," sighed Nori. "Change of plans, Lassie. You're coming out there and dealing with the crying babies, and I'll watch over the killer prostitute with bad roots."
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

gardien

Post by gardien » 05 May 2015, 10:36

Marisol did not know who these Teen Avengers were supposed to be but judging by Thier stance it was not friendly. Before anything could be said the speedster of Thier group attacked. He punched Hisako, Hope and even both the twins. Just as he was about to reach her, a small patch of poppy flowers sprung up instantaneously. Speed's momentum took a slight left causing him to completely miss Creep and crash into the ocean water face down and unconscious. Illyana smirked at the girl. "It seems I am not the only fan of The Wizard of Oz." Creep shrugged her shoulders. "It was all I could think of."

Before she could finish Little Captain Wannabe's shield crashed into her gut. She flew back from the impact landing deep in the grainy sand. He heard him rally his companions. That was the first time someone ever hit her. Ever. And she did not like the sensation. A giant woman stepped onto the beach her hands going after the small girls. Creep peered deep into the earth and summoned the roots of the nearby coconut trees to rise and writhe. They slithered around the girls legs. The giant tried ripping at them. She was strong, capable of pulling away at them like nothing but Creep had to be stronger.

Just like last time, Creep could feel the shield coming her way. A thick root emerged taking the brunt of the attack while she focused on the larger problem. "Fine. You don't like it on land..." The giant woman stepped a single foot into the ocean after clearing the degree from her legs. "...then let's see how much you like the water." Seaweed burst forth from the frothy waters and grabbed the towering Titans wrists. This was much thicker and longer thus making it not so easy to tear. Creep used this to her advantage to ensure the rest of her enemy's body would be overtaken. Within no time, the Stature of a giant woman came toppling down into the ocean. "Feel lucky. Most women pay bookoos of money to have a seaweed wrap done."
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 05 May 2015, 19:58

Hisako was not happy. Speed had punched her. Hard.
She could feel her jaw bruising

Her armor flicked around her, giving her a solid orange exoskeleton. Just as well because Noh-Varr barreled into her about a tenth of a second later. Even with her exoskeleton, the .... kree..... cockroach.....alien.....guy.... knocked the wind out of her.

"Not one for idle chatter are you?"
Noh Varr kept hitting her.
''Ok then." Damn he was strong. Noh-Varr fired some energy glove thing at her. She didn't really expect it to penetrate her armor. After all, it was all magicy ancestory strong stuff. Spacey things weren't really supposed to get through, in theory

In theory.

In reality it grazed her shoulder, painfully.
"Son of a $&@#¥!"
Her hand spasmed, narrowly missing Noh-Varr.

But it did hit Wiccan. Hard. He went flying, landing in a limp heap on the sand, inches away from the water.
He didn't seem likely to get up.

Noh-Varr on the other hand was very likely to kill her......

Sorry this is so late. Been super busy.
Cause Physics!

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 06 May 2015, 17:35

"Hmm..." Illyana thought as Wiccan went down and Noh-Varr started attacking Hisako. She was about to go after Wiccan, but if he'd already gone down.... "I guess the arrogant Kree will do."

Illyana created a small rift to Limbo next to Noh-varr and several Limbo demons popped out of it. While Noh-varr was distracted with the Limbo demons, she snuck up behind him and ran him through with her soulsword.

moytura

Post by moytura » 07 May 2015, 18:17

The twins were hiding. It was becoming a character trait at this point.
There were near the opening. A demon had tumbled out, confused and landed on them. They it's first experience of this planet. And it hated them. Thing was black and spiked. It hurt to touch never mind to strangle.
They tosses and turned and grappled with the beast. It snarled and roared and Claudette ' s screams mingled with them to a deafening noise. They could hear the sound of the other fighting. Nicole grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and threw the demon. Claudette chased after it.
They got to where Wiccan was lying. He was unconscious but muttering. It appeared he was trapped in a mental murder landscape too.
They pushed the monster in to the water and ran to the fight.

Wings

Post by Wings » 07 May 2015, 18:34

Round 5
Murderworld
Mojo's eyes widened with uncharacteristic fear, as the last of the Young Avengers were downed with a few swift punches from Monet St. Croix. Flying high over the group of mutants on the beach, she reached out to telepathically contact Rahne and Noriko in the underground levels of Murderworld. That was when she noticed the blue haired Japanese mutant streaking across the island, spatial distortions briefly opening then closing again behind her, tearing holes in the trees and the ground.

"Surge, where's Rahne?" M asked sharply.

"Don't know!" cried Surge, a bitter and desperate tone to her telepathic voice. " Barely keeping ahead of these things!"

M's anger flared even more as she noticed Spiral gesturing, opening more portals to swallow up Mojo's people. The six armed sorceress did not seem to care that she closed one with Marisol Guerra halfway through it, leaving her a bloody set of legs on the beach.

"Witch!" screamed Magik, responding quickly as things began to descend into chaos, silver streams of magical energy flowing from her hands towards Spiral. The servant of Mojo merely smiled as she opened up one last portal, transporting herself, Magik and Mojo away from Murderworld. The unconscious Young Avengers remained on the beach. Monet floated downwards again as a panting Surge nearly tripped over Prodigy as she reached the sand, while Rahne Sinclair also stumbled onto the beach

The young heroes barely had a chance to breathe before Regan Wyngarde reminded them of her presence.

"Hey kiddies. I've got something you guys might want to see." She said, sending the message into their minds."And if I were you I'd get down here pronto."

2 minutes later...

Regan looked up as the mutants finally burst into the room, collectively readying themselves as she raised the identical pistols she held in either hand. Monet stood protectively in front of her sisters. Regan stood bruised and bloody as she got to her feet. Her guns still raised, she merely nodded her head to the two massive containment cells at the other end of the room. One container contained the X-Men and their students, while the other contained the collective roster of the Avengers, as well as the students from their Academy. Paige's brother Cannonball lay unconscious like everyone else within the cells, but surprisingly he had been placed with the X-Men instead of with the Avengers.

"I've looked at the instructions Arcade left," said Regan. "Seems those cells have been booby trapped. If you free one group, the other dies. They're on a timer too." She continued, gesturing to the nearby control panel. "So I guess you guys have got a choice to make, so I'd make it quickly."

With that, Regan used her powers to make everyone see dazzling scarlet light. When the mutants regained their vision, the mercenary was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Mastermind's Live Action Assassination List
Academy X
das_boot: Noriko Ashida/Surge
Liquid Nitrogen: Hisako Ichiki/Armor

Generation X
XtremeOne1: Monet St.Croix/M
moytura: Nicole and Claudette St.Croix/The St.Croix twins

The New Mutants
Abaddon: Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane

The Lights and JGS
New girl: Hope Summers/Hope

The Dead
Julian Keller/Hellion(NPC)
MartijnB: Roberto da Costa/Sunspot
Hotknives: Phoebe, Celeste and Irma Cuckoo/The Stepford Cuckoos
Mastermind: Paige Guthrie/Husk
gardien: Marisol Guerra/Creep
marhawkman: Illyana Rasputina/Magik

Lady Mastermind has escaped and left you all with a dilemma on your hands. The lives of the X-Men and their students versus those of the Avengers and theirs. Just remember that the world is watching...

The winner of Round 4's Immunity Challenge was Abaddon. There will no Immunity reward this round, and the deadline is Sunday night at 7PM GMT. Don't forget to send me votes as well as posting.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 07 May 2015, 19:44

"Dammit, this isn't right," cursed Surge, suppressing the urge to press both buttons simultaneously. She was probably fast enough to do it, but what then? What would that achieve? Best case? Both teams would be released. Middle ground? The system wouldn't respond and both teams would remain trapped. Worst case?...

"Dammit, Arcade," she snarled. She turned to face the group.

"I don't want to have to be the one to say this, but I kind of think maybe I have to. We're obviously being recorded, the same way that Arcade recorded the last Murder World with the Avengers' students. Any decision we make is probably going to be heavily edited and then screened so what the hell do we do to avoid looking like cold, calculated killers?"

Hope stared at Surge. Knowing her practical views and how she was raised as a soldier, she still doubted that the Messiah girl would side with her. It didn't matter.

"We're still an endangered species," Nori continued. "Our numbers grow, but not quickly. Certainly not quickly enough to replace those we've lost through M-Day, through protecting Hopeless, and through this psycho's game..."

"What are ye sayin'?" Asked Rahne.

"Rahne, I'm saying that's Sam in there. We've already sent one of the Guthries home without her powers, and another in a coffin-- soon to be two when we get out of here. You KNOW Mrs Guthrie. What do you think this'll do to her, huh?"

Surge turned to Monet. "You've been fighting to protect your sisters. You've already lost Paige to this dumb game and there but for the grace of Arcade, you don't have to make as simple a choice as "save your sisters". What would you have done if they were in there?"

She turned to Hope. "People died for you. People died waiting for you. People died defending the potential idea of you even existing. You owe it to the mutant race to side with me here, Hope. What would Cable do? Would he be happy if you sided with the Avengers over your own kind? Over everything and everyone who fought for you?"

She faced Hisako. "Armor, these are our friends. We've lost enough friends, wouldn't you say? I know we met the Avengers' Academy kids, and they're great and everything, but they're not us. They'll never understand that we were fighting for survival way before Arcade kidnapped their team mates."

Nori stood by the console that would free the rest of the X-Men.

"Call me heartless if you like. Hell, you need someone to be the sin-eater and push this button? I'll do it. It's all on me."

Nori's hand hovered over the button. She turned to face the rest of the group. She didn't realise she'd started crying until she'd started to blink away the tears. She held up her left hand, fist clenched as she gathered her powers, summoning sparks of electricity to her fist. "But if any of you try to stop me, I'll fry you where you stand."

[edited because I'm an idiot who for some reason included Illyana thinking she had survived]

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 09 May 2015, 20:37

Rahne's plan to stop Regan and catch the killer had failed; Spiral had ruined everything and now two more of their group were dead. Now Regan and that depraved bastard Arcade had left them with a nearly impossible choice; just when she thought things couldn't get any worse....they had to choose between killing the X-Men or the Avengers. Rahne's heightened senses told her this was no illusion, they were real, she had their scent. She could also see the shimmer of some type of energy shield around the units with her powers so it was obvious Regan wasn't lying about the traps.

"As much as I hate muhself for sayin' this.....I agree wit' ye Nori...." Rahne said in a defeated tone. "We have tae save th' X-Men...IF it becomes necessary!" She said emphatically.

"We're nae jus' givin' up and pressin' tha' button Nori, so back up." Rahne said as she came at her. "M, yui're supposed to be a genius, so have a look at this thing and see if ye can shut it off." She said pointing to the main computer console. "Hope...ye've dealt with all kinds of traps and bombs and future tech....see if ye can disarm th' bloody thing." She told her. Monet and Hope both went to work immediately, examining the systems, trying to find a way to save both the teams.

"Yui're nae pressin' tha' button Noriko, I am." Rahne said forcefully. "This is on me....every adult in yuir life has failed ye...muhself included, but nae this time....I'll nae let ye carry this burden too." She said she stared her down.

"Why you Rahne?!" Hope asked as she continued trying to disarm the bombs.

"Because I don't matter." Rahne told her. "Don't try tae tell me different, ye know it's true." She said. "Yui're a hero, ye saved our race and yuir fights nae over. Th' humans look at ye as a hero, just like th' mutants do....if anyone can end th' war it's ye.....but nae if yui're th' one who killed Captain America" She said. "M still has her family....they'll be in danger if she does it." Rahne explained.
"I cannae let Nori or Hisako do this....they've lost too much already." Rahne told her. "I'm ashamed tae admit, it but Nori was right....I should have been there when th' Purifiers attacked th' school and killed her friends."

"You couldn't have stopped the Purifiers!" Hope yelled. "That's stupid! It wouldn't have made any difference if you were there and we ALL know it!" She yelled.

"Probably not." Rahne admitted. "BUT I failed in muh responsibility....I should have been there protecting them, nae hiding in shame at X-Factor." She said, wiping away a tear. "If I saved just one....that would have made a difference.....and they never should have had to bury their friends...they were just kids...they still are and it's not right that they have to take on this kind of responsibility." Rahne told her.

"If there's no other way....then I'll do it. It's my burden and I'll nae hear any arguments." Rahne said as the timer continued to count down. "BUT I'll give them every second I can....and if one of ye has a better idea, I'd really like tae hear it." She said as she took Noriko's place at the control panel. "God....forgive me."
Last edited by Abaddon on 11 May 2015, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.
-Oscar Wilde

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 May 2015, 12:06

Nori allowed Rahne to push her aside. She watched Monet and Hope assessing the structures holding the heroes captive, and said nothing for a few moments.

"Rahne," she said quietly. "You're a mutant. You're one of us. Never think that you don't matter, because you do."

Wings

Post by Wings » 10 May 2015, 22:21

Rahne Sinclair, you are suspected by your peers. Are you the one behind these dastardly deeds?

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 11 May 2015, 03:19

"I may be a mutant Nori.....but I'll never be an X-Man...." Rahne sighed. "I'm tainted....there's no second chances after wha' happened wit' Josh....I can't go home." She said as an uncomfortable silence descended.

"I know all of ye think it's me." Rahne said after a moment. She could smell their fear, read their body language and their eyes....they thought she was guilty as hell; that she'd murdered their friends and was plotting to kill them too.

"I know wha' it looks like....tha' I ran down here tae help Regan....but I didn't." She said. "I came down here tae wait fer th' killer....because she'd have tae come help her." She explained. "I would have had her...but tha' squid armed witch ruined everything." Rahne said in a defeated tone.

"I told ye wha' I was planning M.....but I guess ye think I'm crazy after wha' happened tae Tier." Rahne said bitterly.

"Rahne..." Monet began.

"Don't." Rahne said, cutting her off. "I might be crazy....I might a lot of things, but I'm nae a murderer! I'm INNOCENT!" She yelled. "All I've done since we woke up is try tae save th' rest of ye!" She screamed at them. "I don't deserve this!" She cried.

'I'm cursed....' Rahne thought. 'Every time I try tae help it blows up in muh face!' She thought as memories of her failed attempts to save Cypher, Warlock, Moira, Reverend Craig and Tier flooded back to her. Now she'd failed again; her plan was ruined and they'd all been so busy suspecting her they'd given the killer another opportunity to strike.
-Oscar Wilde

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 11 May 2015, 18:14

When hisako was younger, her brother used to ask her questions. Big questions. The kind you'd know in an eye blink or would take you a day to answer. the kind you either knew instantly or wouldn't until you had to

if you had to kill someone, would you use a gun a knife or a bomb
one million Japanese dead or two million foreigners.
big stuff

and one time after watching the news, Avengers or Mutants.
"Avengers of course"
but after she joined the x men, she though about it a lot. mulled it over, thinking of every angle. and she settled on the conclusion that the xmen needed more saving
but now she realised that its one of those questions you don't really know.
until you do.

"no. we cant do this. we cant kill the avengers just to save our friends. we need to see the bigger picture."

everyone looked at her. Nori was the first to speak. she began in a quiet, angry tone Hisako had never heard from her before. "are you out of your mind? haven't we lost enough. The avengers, their trainees, this is what they signed up for. we never had such a luxury." Her voice rose " we got shot and killed and hunted. those people in there" she jabbed a finger at the x-men, " they are members of what is in geographical terms and endangered species. and that was something they NEVER ASKED FOR. SOMETHING THEY NEVER VOLUNTEERED FOR. AND YOU WANT TO SAVE THE AVENGERS OVER THEM???????!!!!!!"

"they are our friends, and god knows we've lost too many of those, but this is the AVENGERS. this is the definition of THE RIGHT THING! we are a growing race. we can rebuild. we always do. we die there is no disaster. no catastrophe. no hysteria. no fear. no change in the world. nothing we cant fix. BUT THE AVENGERS? THE HEROES OF HEROES? WE KILL THEM AND WE'LL BE LUCKY TO LAST A DAY. THEY WILL SET THEIR SENTINELS ON US AND HUNT US LIKE ANIMALS!!!!!!!.
"How many have we lost to the fear of humans, of Purifiers? The X men will rise. That's what we do, what we've had to do. what we're good at. but the avengers? they can't . they won't. and the world needs us both."
Cause Physics!

Wings

Post by Wings » 11 May 2015, 18:25

Noriko Ashida, you stand accused. Are you the killer?

(If Surge is innocent, it's lights out guys!)

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 May 2015, 18:51

"Screw you, Hisako, you coward!" Bellowed Surge as she flung herself at her team mate. Hisako didn't have a chance to summon her armour before Surge threw the first punch, knocking the girl to the ground.

Hisako wiped a trail of blood away from her nose, calling her powers forth, her armour glowing a brilliant crimson.

"Save it, Hisako," spat Nori. "I'm done playing this game."

She darted forward at superhuman speed, shoving Rahne out of the way and pressing the button that would release the X-Men from their prisons.

"WHAT HAVE YE DONE?!" Screamed Rahne, shifting into her transitional form.

"Making a choice. Now there's two of us here with blood on their hands. I may have killed the Avengers, but I'm INNOCENT of all the other deaths that have gone on here".

moytura

Post by moytura » 11 May 2015, 20:01

The twins laughed at the improtu team's turmoil. They were scattering like marbles. Useless members panicking and crying and reaching out in desperation for what they knew could be their final moments.
They looked at each other and smirked. They squared their shoulders and laughed. The other's were all gathered bar the brave souls.
"We're awfully sorry to end your heroics said Nicole.
"But we really must intervene before one of you gets hurt" ended Claudette.
"If you're wondering which on of tour team mates is a dirty rotten"
"Filthy, scheming"
"And murderous, remember, Nic"
"Traitor. We're here to end that doubt. Kind as we are."
" who was that Nic?"
"Why it was us, Claudette"