Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Betrayal Game #74: X-Men Arena- Sign Ups and Discussion

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
Wings

Betrayal Game #74: X-Men Arena- Sign Ups and Discussion

Post by Wings » 10 Apr 2015, 10:07

Welcome to the sign up thread for X-Men Arena! Are you all ready for a teenage deathmatch? Well, a deathmatch with teenagers and people who used to be teenagers. And Jubilee, who may or not be over 18, who may or may not be a mutant, who may or may not be undead and frozen on the verge for all eternity. Well, we may have vampires but we don't have any children! Oh wait, yes, we do have children. (Sighs) Moving on!!!

This Betrayal Game will feature the various students who have studied under the X-Men over the years. These students have been divided into separate four subgroups, and a current maximum of three characters may be selected from within each subgroup, so get in quick to grab your favourite characters! Alternatively, invite all your friends to the party! If we get more than 12 players I will up the limit to four characters per subgroup, and so on. If we get more than 15 players, I will consider adding a back up killer.

For anybody not familiar with the Betrayal Games, they are a role playing game with a murder mystery bent. Players choose a character to portray and the moderator( in this case, me) chooses a player to act as a killer. The killer kills off another player each round and the other players must cast votes to try and catch the killer. Whoever manages to survive until the killer has been caught is the winner. If the killer kills everyone they are declared the winner. Moderators can also introduce special rules to spice things up and give the ordinary players a bit more power.

For a more in depth explanation, see here: http://unstablemolecules.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4020

Special Rules
This game will make use of two special rules.

Blind Voting: Players will have two votes per round. Votes will not be cast in your in-game post. They must be sent either by private message to me, or if that is not possible, you can send your votes to me via e-mail at fiachmide@outlook.com

Group Power: Each subgroup will be assigned their own group power. These powers may not be revealed to players in the other groups. Along with your votes, you will have to inform whether you wish to activate your group's power, if all members of the group wish to activate the group's power, it will be randomly assigned to one of the players in that group. The use of powers must remain secret.

The game will also feature challenges each round that will grant players immunity from the killer.

Without further ado, here are the characters you may choose from!

New Mutants: Cannonball, Moonstar, Karma, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, Magma, Shadowcat, Magik, Warlock, Cypher, Firefist, Skids, Boom-Boom, Rictor, Shatterstar, Warpath, Feral

Generation X: Jubilee, Husk, M, Chamber, Synch, Skin, The St. Croix twins, Hollow, Gaia, Mondo, Blink

Academy X: Dust, Kid Omega, Elixir, Hellion, Mercury, Anole, Surge, Rockslide, Armor, The Stepford Cuckoos, Gentle, Pixie, Prodigy, Indra, Trance, No-Girl, Icarus, X-23, Match, Bling!, Wither

The Lights and the JGS: Hope Summers, Transonic, Velocidad, Primal, Zero, Oya, Broo, Genesis, Shark Girl, Kid Gladiator, Sprite, Eye Boy, Nature Girl, Creep, Rico, Tempus, Goldballs, Hijack, Triage

If there are any characters you think I have missed and you wish to play as, feel free to let me know.

I wish you all good luck. And may the odds be ever in your favour.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

hotknives

Re: Betrayal Game #74: X-Men Arena- Sign Ups and Discussion

Post by hotknives » 10 Apr 2015, 10:24

Ooh, Stepford Cuckoos for me please!
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

moytura

Post by moytura » 10 Apr 2015, 11:39

I think I will play M.

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 10 Apr 2015, 12:20

I wish to be Sunspot!

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 10 Apr 2015, 13:16

Put me down for Hisako
Cause Physics!

Wings

Post by Wings » 11 Apr 2015, 07:36

I have been reliably informed that moytura now wishes to play as the St.Croix twins, so if anyone wants to play as M she's up for grabs again!

Arcade's Kill List
hotknives: Phoebe, Irma and Celeste Cuckoo/The Stepford Cuckoos
Moytura: Nicole and Claudette St.Croix/The St.Croix Twins
MartijnB: Roberto Da Costa/Sunspot
Liquid Nitrogen: Hisako Ichiki/Armor
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 11 Apr 2015, 12:18

Put me down for HUSK!!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Apr 2015, 18:44

Surge, please!
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 11 Apr 2015, 23:03

M, please :)

gardien

Post by gardien » 12 Apr 2015, 01:43

So many good choices. I can't figure out which to choose. Put me down as either Dust or Creep. I'll have an answer soon
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Wings

Post by Wings » 12 Apr 2015, 09:42

Out of those two, gardien, I'd have to put you down as Creep, as the Academy X quota is currently filled. It might seem a bit weird that I'm keeping a cap on the subgroups but I'm trying to keep the amount in each group close enough together because of the group powers, just to make it a bit easier for myself.

I'll put you down as Creep and if you change your mind that's no problem. :)

Arcade's Extended Kill List
hotknives: Phoebe, Irma and Celeste Cuckoo/The Stepford Cuckoos
Moytura: Nicole and Claudette St.Croix/The St.Croix Twins
MartijnB: Roberto Da Costa/Sunspot
Liquid Nitrogen: Hisako Ichiki/Armor
Mastermind: Paige Guthrie/Husk
das_boot: Noriko Ashida/Surge
XtremeOne1: Monet St.Croix/M
gardien: Marisol Guerra/Creep

Alright, Academy X and Generation X are both currently off limits but there are still two picks left for both the New Mutants and The Lights subgroups before the character limit is upped.

gardien

Post by gardien » 12 Apr 2015, 23:55

Actually I was going to choose Creep so it's perfect!
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 13 Apr 2015, 00:18

I guess Magik

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 13 Apr 2015, 17:49

I'm really looking forward to this game
Cause Physics!

Wings

Post by Wings » 14 Apr 2015, 06:52

Glad to hear it! I'll keep sign ups open until tomorrow night. Then I'll get things kicked off.

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 15 Apr 2015, 00:35

If its not too late, I'll take Wolfsbane please.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

New girl

Post by New girl » 15 Apr 2015, 18:17

Hey I'll play as hope summers please

Wings

Post by Wings » 15 Apr 2015, 18:32

Welcome to the Betrayal Games, Abaddon and New girl! Happy to have you both aboard!

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 17 Apr 2015, 11:33

Thanks for the invite, sorry I missed the cut off. Enjoy :)

Wings

Post by Wings » 18 Apr 2015, 14:11

Hopefully I'll be able to rope you in to my next game Gibbering! Wonderful posts so far guys, keep 'em coming. And don't forget to send in your votes for the killer and your powers!

Wings

Post by Wings » 20 Apr 2015, 17:11

Excuse the double post, but we're still in need of posts from Miss Rasputin and Miss Summers. Everyone please be advised to get your assignments(posts and votes) in before the end of the twelve hour extension period, or Teacher might turn lethal!

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 24 Apr 2015, 18:20

Sorry my post I'll be a tad late. Don't hate me. :-)
Cause Physics!

Wings

Post by Wings » 24 Apr 2015, 18:31

Thank you for handing in your tardy note, Miss Ichiki, please make sure to arrive within the next 24 hours. Miss Ashida, Miss Rasputina, Miss Summers, and the family St.Croix, insure that you do not arrive more than 24 hours late, or you will be penalised.

-Arcade

Savant

Post by Savant » 24 Apr 2015, 22:41

Sorry I missed sign-ups! Thanks for the invite. I look forward to reading this game.

Wings

Post by Wings » 26 Apr 2015, 09:32

I hope you enjoy it Savant! I'm certain that everyone will continue to provide stellar writing as they've done so far. I'm loving the inter-connectivity of everybody's posts.

However in an attempt to keep the game moving, I'm going to have to issue a penalty to those of our merry band who have yet post and cast their votes. marhawkman, XtremeOne1, Liquid Nitrogen, New girl and moytura, you will be docked one vote for the killer this round. I will extend this round a further nine hours, until 7:30 PM Greenwich Mean Time. If you miss this further deadline, more serious consequences may come as a result. I am really sorry guys, I know that real life must always come first, but we've been having trouble keeping momentum up in the last few BGs and I don't to keep this round open much longer.

Remember, you can send me your votes via PM, or if your having any issues, you can send them to fiachmide@outlook.com