Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Betrayal Game 73: Thief of Time, The Game

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
MartijnB

Betrayal Game 73: Thief of Time, The Game

Post by MartijnB » 19 Jan 2015, 01:26

"So it really happened all over the world then?" Magneta asked Iron Lad. "I was in Europe when everyone suddenly petrified."

"Not just petrified I'm afraid, completely frozen in time, according to my readings. And may I ask what a future female version of Magneto was doing in 2015's Europe to begin with?"

"... my reasons are my own."

"Suit yourself. My data banks suggest everyone here is in some way a chronal anomaly, I suspect that's why we were unaffected when everyone around us froze in time."

"So who was this bloke that brought us here again?", Ruby Summers asked.

"I... don't think he mentioned his name." Rachel Grey, her half sister from another world, answered. "He really more or less just said nothing and abducted me."

That very thing had happened to all the individuals who were gathered in this makeshift rendezvous in downtown Manhattan. They were Shard, Iron Lad, Tempus, Magneta, a very young Captain America, Miss America, Ruby Summers and Rachel Grey. They had recently witnessed how everyone and everything around them froze. Some of them thought they were the sole survivors of this incident, until this mysterious man came to pick them up, and drop them off here one at a time.

"Oh look, there he comes again!", Tempus yelled.

And she was right. With a slow, squeaky noise, a blue box, the size of a phone booth, arrives out of nothing. A door opens. And out of it comes a woman Magneta recognizes as Wild Thing. Followed by the old man they all recognize as the one that brought them to this place. He begins to talk, in a Scottish accent no less."

"Hello everyone, I am the Doctor."

"Doctor who?", Miss America asks.

"Ahhhh... can't get enough of that. This Wild Thing here was the last person I could locate who is unaffected by what just struck your planet. There may be others, but quite frankly we are running out of time, literally. Anyway, time for business, this iron man here was right, bonus points to him."

"The name's Iron Lad sir."

"Yeah, sorry for that. Time on this Earth is frozen, and the only reason we are not frozen with it is because this is not our time. Or even universe, in my case. Parallel universe, doesn't happen often to me. Last time was with those awful Lumic Cybermen, but I digress. Doesn't matter why we were in this time, what matters now is how we fix it."

"My brother..." Shard begins.

"May well be alright." The Doctor says. "There may be others like us, this world seems to have a surprising amount of time displaced people. Problem is that without time to travel through, my TARDIS here, Time And Relative Dimension In Space, bigger on the inside, I know, can only do so much. It lost all of its time travel capabilities, and had only enough energy left to get the 10 of us here. Doesn't matter, 10 should be plenty to save a world."

"So what actually happened?", the young Captain America, who had scant moments earlier been transported to this world for some event called "Secret Wars", and was still adjusting to all this futuristic Earth.

"Good question! Did you know your universe has a race of extremely powerful cosmic beings called the Celestials?"

"No", Captain America said.

"Yes", everyone else said in unison.

"They employed a chronal anomaly to stop time. Potentially one of us."

"And you know this how?" Iron Lad asked.

"Because I do not perceive time the way you do lad. I see it flow, I see what forces influence it, and right now, I see your Celestials wished to stop it for this Earth."

"Why?" Iron Lad inquired.

"Because they don't like us? Because someone else kindly asked them to do so? I don't know."

"Why are you so sure they employed one of us?", Iron Lad continued digging.

"Because cosmic beings are constantly supervised by bigger cosmic beings. They couldn't directly do something like this, not on this scale, someone above them would notice and intervene. What they could do is turn to a lesser being, someone who is not on the radar of the bigger cosmic beings. Someone to whom they could give the means to stop time. Someone they could promise they would themselves be unaffected by this event. A chronal anomaly. Naturally, the abundance of chronal anomalies would mean there would be other survivors too, if the Celestials really want to take Earth out of this timestream they wouldn't like that. Which is why I deduce that whoever they employed, is expected to finish the job manually."

"You mean..."

"Yes, I suspect someone wants to kill us. And all other chronal anomalies still out there, until they are the sole survivor of this Earth. The Celestials must have made them quite a good deal."

"And why wouldn't you be that sole survivor?", Iron Lad asked.

"Oh, make no mistake, you can trust no one. What you can trust is the fact I am your only hope of getting out of this alive. Now excuse me as I will go and check the last readings my TARDIS has made."

As the Doctor disappeared into his TARDIS, the 9 assembled individuals looked at each other, puzzled about what they just heard. A killer among them, according to this intergalactic Sherlock Holmes's wild theories. Could he be right? This question was answered scant seconds later, when an ominous scream came out of the TARDIS. The Doctor lay on the floor, dead, killed by some construction that may well have been provided by a Celestial. The only ones who had been in the TARDIS, as far as they knew, were the 9 of them, when the Doctor was picking them. They looked at each other, again. One of them must have put that trap there...

Alive:
UncannyScott: Shard
Wings: Iron Lad
Gardien: Tempus
Marhawkman: Magneta (MC2)
Gibbering Fool: Captain America (WWII)
Liquid Nitrogen: Miss America
Quick and Dead: Ruby Summers
Moytura: Rachel Grey
Providence: Wild Thing (MC2)

Deceased:
The Doctor: The Doctor

Rules for this game can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5390 , one public vote, one private vote!

A bonus shall be given to the best role player of this round. I shall give no brief this round, just continue from where I left you!

Sorry for the delay this game has experienced, will be a bit flexible with the deadline because of this, possible send PM's to people for whom it may have fallen off the radar.

Wings

Re: Betrayal Game 73: Thief of Time, The Game

Post by Wings » 19 Jan 2015, 18:02

The Doctor was dead.

Nate wasted no time in examining the corpse. He'd upgraded the neurokinetic armour that Kang the Conqueror had provided him with with an impressive array of scanners. The corpse was flooded with tachyon particles, even more so than the bodies of the other time travellers in the room, in the ship the Doctor had dubbed the TARDIS. Even with the most basic of his instruments, Nate knew the man wasn't human, and it looked like exposure to the Time Vortex had given him some sort of regeneration factor. The machine had not only killed the Doctor but sucked that regeneration energy out of him twelve times over. It was an impressive piece of equipment, not many in the room would have the capacity to work it, but if they were working with the Celestials...

Nate removed his helmet and studied the rest of the group. Rachel Grey, Ruby Summers, Magneta, Wild Thing, Shard and Tempus. The mutants were the prime suspects. Nate wasn't racist, it was simply facts. Mutants were the product of Celestial genetic manipulation. Who better for the space gods to choose to enact this plan?

Nate turned to Miss America Chavez, a member of the second iteration of the team he had originally formed, the Young Avengers. Nate had only come back this time period to visit Cassie Lang, now that she had been ressurected, only to learn she had moved to Florida before time froze around him. He hadn't been expecting America. The last time they had met hadn't ended too well, although according to his armour's files, America hadn't met yet at this point in her timeline. Nathaniel hoped he could make a good first impression.

"America," he said to her. "You can open interdimensional gateways. If we can locate The Doctor's home dimension, can you bring this thing through?"

"My armour's a time travel device too," he continued. "Maybe we can give this TARDIS some power so we can try and find some more help."
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

gardien

Post by gardien » 21 Jan 2015, 18:19

"Oh no...this is bad. Now how are we going to fix this jammed up mess?" Eva Bell had seen multiple occorunces of time travel thanks to those future X-Men and wanna be Brotherhood guys but nothing could prepare her for this. Time was broken. Worse it was on pause and the Celestials chose someone here to keep it that way. "Jeez..." she said aloud. "DOes anyone else get a headache from all this time travel mumbo jumbo?" All she knew was that she wished her teammate Triage was here to save the Doctor from his fate. Without him, this was going to take longer to solve. Tempus only recognized Rachael Grey. The rest were all new to her. Yet something deep inside of her to be wary of Iron Lad He looked to much like Iron Man and let's just say she hadnt had the best interaction with the Avengers. Tempus made her way towards the woman resembling Magneto. He was a teacher to Tempus and hoped that this woman would be as friendly to her as Magneto was.

"Hi there....my name is Eva Bell. But my mutant name is Tempus. I know this sounds wierd but i feel like we've met before."
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

moytura

Post by moytura » 22 Jan 2015, 14:16

No one likes to be in unfamiliar territory. Live life as a mutant and you rarely enter any building without having all exits mapped out. And that was alone. Here, in a frozen world, where the laws were shaky at best with those Rachel didn't trust was anxiety inducing to say the best.
The crystal imprinted in Rachel was practically screaming as well. The essence of her mother shrieking inside of Rachel. You really shouldn't have cheated on the phoenix.
Also Rachel’s half-sister was here. Family get together never This Doctor fellow had better be dead or she was coming for him.
Although, anything that could actually kill something like him, a time lord was a serious threat. There would be little chance of help outside of this group if things were as serious as they sounded. The Celestials would be watching. Bastards.
Rachel looked around. Her gaze caught on Nate. He had the universal (and she knew universal) look of "I'm not racist but". Oh joy this would be a fun few days or eternity.
The entire gang seemed jumpy and everyone else was as wary of each other as Rachel. That Tempus kid seemed sweet but oh so lost. She was probably in some unrequited love triangle with somebody. Everybody was these days. Maybe some just missed someone. Not a threat at the moment.
Iron Lad seemed to be getting ahead of him self a bit too soon. Just like Iron Man, without the pluck. Doesn't even call himself a man.
This train of thought had gone a bit bitter even for Rachel. She sat down on the most inviting piece of ground and left the others to work out the maths of it, and rest.
Lord knows, she was gotta need it.
Last edited by moytura on 11 Feb 2015, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 23 Jan 2015, 17:36

Ms America Chavez huffed. She was angry. It was kind of her thing.
So time had frozen. And the Doctor guy died. And now they were stuck. And the celestials had got someone to start killing people.
She took stock of her surroundings, namely her companions.
Wannabe Captain America
Rachel Gray
Various other mutants
Iron Lad

Wait.
Iron Lad?
That tin can excuse of a hero chose that moment to start rattling off a plan. And taking charge. Not a chance chico.

Her teammates had once given her a brief lesson on the teams history. The Young Avengers wanted to stop Kang The Conqueror. Also known as Iron Lad.

America Chavez let a few thing be known about her. 1. She was angry. 2. She didn't trust.
Besides that, she liked to keep em guessing.

So when Iron Lad started giving her orders? Bad move.

"Why would I take orders from you?" She said arms crossed.
There was a pause.
"I'm trying to get us out of her-"
"Or trying to get us killed. I don't like you much and I trust you less. Why should I help you?"
"We don't have much time. The killer could strike any time. We need to fix this. Why are you making this so difficult? "
She raised an eyebrow. "There's always a reason to make things difficult chico.
Cause Physics!

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 27 Jan 2015, 05:42

Magneta floated in mid-air silently pondering what to do. There was this skinny kid calling himself Iron Lad trying to tell everyone what to do. Most of the others seemed unwilling to do as he said, but... Magneta had no idea who some of them were. Then there was Rina who Magneta knew VERY well... perhaps too well. "Maybe I could get some of the past Xmen to help?" she thought to herself. But first she would need to make like she was a nice version of Magneto... Maybe by confronting Iron Lad? He didn't seem all that well liked, and it'd be easy to find some pretext for accusing him of nefarious intent.

Then her scheming got interrupted by one of the past X-Men... the future princess of Limbo. "I probably shouldn't explain to her how she becomes Princess of Limbo in the future." Magneta mused to herself. "I'm not sure how she'd take it and if I tell her too much of the future she'll realize I'm an enemy of the X-People...." "Oh yes," Magneta said in a warm and friendly voice, "you're one of the X-Men."

"So where are you from?" Tempus asked.

"Well I can't tell you too much about the future," Magenta said, then quickly bit her lip as soon as she realized Tempus didn't ask that she was from the future... "It's not a good idea." she said hastily.

Tempus got a bit of a confused look on her face, "Um, ok... But you are one of the X-men right?"

"Something like that." Magneta said with a smile. "Now I think we should have a talk with the twerp in the iron corset." Magneta said as she made a dramatic gesture towards Iron Lad.

Iron Lad grunted in surprise as Magneta started to pull him towards her. "So, tell me," Magneta said as she feigned difficulty moving Iron Lad, "Why is it that you're so difficult to move? Hmm? Are you out of temporal phase with the rest of us?"

Wings

Post by Wings » 27 Jan 2015, 13:57

"No," Iron Lad grunted. America merely rolled her eyes and crossed her arms again as he was pulled towards Magneta. He activated his armour's magnetic safeguards. Magneta's eyes narrowed into slits as he countered her magnetism with his own.

"I may not be Magneto..." he commenced as he lifted himself off the ground. "But I can tell you're not even close to his level, even at this point in the timeline."

Iron Lad allowed himself a smirk as Magneta slammed into a nearby wall.

He lowered himself again, landing next to the Tardis' control panel. He pressed into a slight groove in his armour and it reacted instantly to his thoughts, making it look like he was no longer wearing it at all, instead he appeared to be wearing a plain black business suit.

"Anybody else got any attacking they'd like to get out of the way?" He asked, glaring as he gestured to the rest of the group. "Don't mistake me for the man I might become, and I won't hold any of your future indiscretions against you."
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 31 Jan 2015, 07:10

Magneta got up as 'Iron Lad' started speechifying, and as he said "Don't mistake me for the man I might become, and I won't hold any of your future indiscretions against you." She magnetically hurled a paint can at his face.

"While I have difficulty manipulating your armor," Magneta lied as Iron Lad got back to his feet. "I have no difficulty manipulating other things." She said as she grabbed him with a piece of chain and pulled him out of the TARDIS. "I may not know everything you've ever done, but I certainly know enough not to trust you with a piece of exotic technology that I don't even know what is."

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 01 Feb 2015, 11:16

Captain America had remained silent, honestly trying to work out what the hell was going on. Things reached boiling point around him when the other's started fighting.

"Enough!" he yelled, hurling his shield and breaking the chain hauling the robot boy outside. He had fought alongside a robot named Jim back in his time; he quite liked him.

"I don't know if this is a kraut plot or if I've received too many blows to the head but there's a murder to be solved. Now I may just be a boy from Brooklyn but even I know the first rule in solving a crime is collecting evidence and reviewing the crime scene."

He walked over to the dead Scottsman; he'd seen many a corpse since joining the war, but none like this.

"Ok, here's what we're going to do. The men will scour this grisly crime scene for evidence. The dames will go and find some sort of kitchen in this bizarre place; solving murders in hungry work."

Providence

Post by Providence » 01 Feb 2015, 17:31

"...the dames will go and find some sort of kitchen in this bizarre place; solving murders in hungry work." Rina heard the legend known as Captain America saying. Dude! What a loser! Rina thought to herself. Many superhero types always seemed like they had their heads up their own butts.

Rina saw Magneto and Iron Lad having a little bit of a scuffle and thought it might be best for herself and Magneta to avoid each other. Rina and her once formed a team together, which failed miserably and Magneta eventually returned to her villainous ways.

Rina observed the room and only recognized Rachel Grey. God, why didn't she pay attention when her dad would tell her about his "glory" with the X-People, X-Men, X-Losers or whatever they go by these days.

Captain America's comment really irked her. "How about a knuckle sandwich, bub?" Rina said as she popped out her psychic claws and leapt at him.

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 03 Feb 2015, 00:55

Suddenly, with the time displaced beings still coming to terms with the situation, as well as each other, an energy blast was fired at the TARDIS.

"No, you fool! That may be our only way out of this mess!", Magneta yelled.

"And if you hadn't pulled me out of it I may have been able to operate it by now!" Iron Lad replied, angry at Magneta, a quick glance learned him that the TARDIS could handle a blast like that. But he knew he had more pressing matters to attend. Someone wanted to destroy the TARDIS. Someone who only just arrived...

"... Bishop", Tempus said, "I've heard about you and your questionable allegiance..."

"That settles it then." Rachel concluded, "We knew there was a traitor among us and who comes to help them out? Bishop! It was you all along Shard, wasn't it?"

Shard stands frozen, shell-shocked at seeing her brother arrive only to take out what may be the only way out of this apocalyptic situation. "What... what have you done brother? And who are you to judge me Rachel? I have nothing to do with this!"

Bishop started attacking the group, seemingly in a mindless rage. Those who know him see he is not himself. Some come to the conclusion he is a pawn in this game of the Celestials the Doctor spoke of. Possessed by Celestials? Drugged by the traitor among them? No one knew for sure. A fierce battle ensued. Bishop had clearly absorbed a lot of energy prior to this fight, and he stood his own against overwhelming odds. Until, in the heat of the fight, an energy blast struck Shard, hard, disrupting her form badly, until the point she faded away. Bishop remained unfazed...

Alive:
Wings: Iron Lad IIIII
Gardien: Tempus I
Marhawkman: Magneta (MC2)
Gibbering Fool: Captain America (WWII) III
Liquid Nitrogen: Miss America
Quick and Dead: Ruby Summers I
Moytura: Rachel Grey
Providence: Wild Thing (MC2) I

Deceased:

The winner of last round was Wings! As such, Wings gets to use an extra private vote next round.

Next round, you'll be dealing with Bishop! And maybe you wanna take a quick look at the TARDIS too, it's damaged but not destroyed. Again, the best role player gets a nifty reward, so good luck!

10 Votes until reveal.

Wings

Post by Wings » 06 Feb 2015, 12:43

"Guys!" Iron Lad cried as his red and silver armour, with glowing golden energy emanating from various ports took form around him once form. He barely threw up a force field in time to protect himself and Ruby Summers from an incoming energy blast from the murderous Bishop. Lucky thing he was good at thinking on his feet.

"Don't use any energy attacks, he can absorb them!" He said, noticing Magneta start towards their assailant, while Wild Thing directed her vicious psychic claws in his direction as well. "Just hit him!"

"I'm heading for the TARDIS," he told them, his voice magnified across the battlefield by his armour. He crisscrossed across the sky to avoid the mountains of red energy that flew from Bishop's palms. "We need to fix it and get out of here!"

He dove down again, and grabbed Tempus' wrist as she nearly walked right into one of Bishop's death rays. He wasn't still didn't know who he could trust but he wasn't going to let anyone die pointlessly like Cassie had, like Shard had.

He set Tempus down gently, and hurtled towards the TARDIS doors.

Providence

Post by Providence » 07 Feb 2015, 17:51

Rina watched as Iron Lad and Tempus rushed towards the TARDIS. He had just saved Tempus' life. Or so he would have everybody believe. What a perfect way to gain other people's trust. Nope, she wasn't buying it. What if he was in league with Bishop and he's headed to destroy the TARDIS?

"Magneta! I don't trust that Iron Brat! Go stop him! I'll deal with the X-Traitor," Rina yelled towards her former friend/foe. Magneta and Wild Thing have had their differences in the past. Their alleged "team" fell apart and normally she wouldn't trust her but desperate times called for desperate measures. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Rina's claws were nothing like her father's and more psychic in nature. Maybe if she nailed Bishop in the nogging with them, it may disrupt whatever is controlling his mind. Ruby shoved her out of a blast's path of destruction and took on the blast itself, her crystalline body protecting a full on impact. It was like Cyclops and Wolverine. "Thanks for the save, slim!" She shouted at Ruby, "I heal like my dad though!" She flipped over some energy blasts and got close enough and stabbed Bishop in the head with her claws.

He screamed in agony, shooting energy attacks in all directions before she hit him again. He reflexively grabbed his head and the energies from his hands poured into his head further adding to the psychic attack. That seemed to keep him busy for the time being. She looked back to see what Magneta and the others had accomplished.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 09 Feb 2015, 12:15

Judging by his long wild hair Steve could only conclude that this man attacking them was some kind of greaser. Like the kind that would hang out outside the enlistment center and mock the brave young men going to sign up for war. Though his facial tattoo and unkempt style suggested maybe he was from some savage untamed land, like Australia.

"All right you 'Aussie' bastard, let's see you absorb this!" with a mighty swing he hurled his shield. His swing was true and the shield sailed through the air and collided with the villain's head.

He stumbled back with a cry, accidentally slamming the savage young woman into a wall.

"Darn it!" exclaimed Steve, before blushing at the accidental curse.

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 10 Feb 2015, 21:39

America thought it was almost too good tobe true.
Just hit him? Oh yeah. This was her kind of fight. She flew at Bishop,slamming into him before he killed THE MAGNETO WOMAN as she headed for the TARDIS
He let out a growl, slugging her across the jaw. Spots danced before her eyes. He had a good punch.
"That all you got chico?"
Unfortunately, no. It was not
Cause Physics!

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 11 Feb 2015, 05:00

Magneta pondered the best option for using the TARDIS as she flew after Iron Lad. Iron Lad was right about one thing, someone needed to make the TARDIS work. But Iron Lad was obviously as trustworthy as a cockroach. Which others might have the technical skills? Shard was the best option, but she's either dead or not here. Rina was trustworthy but not technically skilled. The young and stupid Captain America was neither. The future Limbo princess didn't have much in the way of skills. Miss America... doesn't seem educated and literally has chaos flowing through her blood. Ruby Summers seems to be from an alternate future of some sort. Then there's Rachel Grey, not a tech genius, but someone with experience using a variety of things from a variety of places, and times.

Magneta quickly grabbed a dumpster and used it to knock iron Lad out of the air. "Get away from the TARDIS!" Magneta yelled at Iron Lad as she tried to pin him to a brick wall.

moytura

Post by moytura » 11 Feb 2015, 18:56

Rachel was doing her best to stay away from all this. All this fighting was not good for her health and maybe the way to steal the world back from the thief of time was to survive longest.
Out surviving everybody else usually was the way to win any fight.
Rachel had life experience, more of it than was probably necessary for one person but she knew tech. It was a different language but still possible to understand. The column in the centre was glowing green and blue.
Rachel looked at the console and began to take it apart in her head. Iron lad was shouting something, ugh, supers and their one liners. They were a class of comedians more than superheroes.
She looked at Captain America and Magneta. She had to choose her allies.
She could take the TARDIS off the ground but everyone who didn't know that would fall.
America and Magneta understood.
Everyone was inside now.... now.
The TARDIS took off they fell about, but those with prior advantage stood straighter than the rest. Rachel ducked and rolled down a flight of stairs. All hell would break loss now. Best watch and learn this time.

gardien

Post by gardien » 11 Feb 2015, 21:43

Moments before the TARDIS began working:
Tempus could not stand by and watch Magneta throw Iron Lad around. "Stop it" she screamed. "Time isn't working and this doesn't help in any way." Tempus tried throwing up a bubble to catch Iron Lad but to no avail. Her powers were being wonky but she felt something. Something that the doctor nor anyone else here could feel. "Time isn't frozen....."she said softly. She raised her voice to a holler so all could hear her. "Time isn't frozen!!!" This caught Magneta attention. "Speak now girl. What are you spouting about?"

"Time isn't frozen," Tempus repeated. "Now that I tried to use my bubble I've realized that we are displaced. How else could someone like Bishop get here. We're doing one of two things. Either the world has slowed down so much it appears still or we're moving so east the world is like a bunch of statues. Please we have to fix this and all this in fighting won't solve it."

Rachael must have heard Temous because she began pressing buttons and got the machine working. Tempus yelled at the rest as the machine whirred and jerked into life. They all ran toward the machine. Even the monster hunter named Bishop. Tempus closed her eyes and remembered the words of wisdom her teachers taught her. "You're powers are connected to the world around you. It is their gift to you. The air you breathe fuels it, the ground you stand on steadies you. We are all connected and thus have untapped potential." Tempus opened her eyes. They glee bright white as she felt herself fitting into the slots that was time and space. Everyone had entered the machine and right when Bishop was going to strike she struck him with a bubble. He stood motionless as her powers flourished back to life. "You'll never hurt another soul," Tempus announced as she popped his bubble making him disappear from the field just as they themselves left the area with the TARDIS
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 12 Feb 2015, 00:10

"The daughter of Scott Summers and Emma Frost," Rachel said as she approached Ruby with hesitation. "God help us all."

"Don't try cracking into my mind, little sis," Ruby said. "You wouldn't like what you found even if you could break through."

"I think we're more similar than you give me credit for. I'm from an alternate future as well and not a nice one," Rachel said. "And how do you know I'm younger?"

"I'm approximately 80 years old, Rachel," Ruby said, walking away.

"Where are you going?" Rachel asked.

"The first lesson my mother taught me," Ruby said. "Don't trust redheads."

Vote:Rachel
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 12 Feb 2015, 11:44

Iron Lad has received 10 suspect votes! Are you the killer Iron Lad?

Wings

Post by Wings » 12 Feb 2015, 23:24

"Enough," Nate said. He splayed his palms and status fields shimmered into existence around the others, locking them into place. He even froze a few in mid sentence. Halfway through muttering another accusation at him under their breaths. Nate wouldn't suffer it any longer.

"Tempus is right," he said. "This infighting is getting us nowhere. But seeing as none of you are willing to listen to reason..."

He paused. He could sense Miss America and Magneta struggling against their imprisonment, even when all he could hear was the faint hum of the TARDIS.

"Don't try and fight. These things held Doctor Doom and Magneto for a good five minutes. Just listen. I'm not your killer, I'm INNOCENT, whether you believe it or not. And I'm not going to go down without a fight."

He stepped towards Rachel Grey with a dark look in his eyes, an expression of murderous intent that would have made Kang proud. His armour formed a blade.

"I can't let you kill any more people," he stated mournfully, sliding the blade into his target's abdomen with smooth surgical precision. It was not Rachel he struck but the woman behind her. "This is where you die, Ruby Summers."

OOC: Paranoia kill on Ruby Summers

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 14 Feb 2015, 18:54

The group seemed unfazed by Bishop's death. Yes, he had been an X-Man, but right now he was a savage beast that had threatened the entire planet. The death of Ruby Summers was significantly more noticeable. She had been one of them. Possibly a traitor, yes, but equally likely one of the last hopes of the Earth. The group gathered around Ruby, in the TARDIS, now moving to... yeah... to where exactly?

"Traitor!" Rachel yelled at Iron Lad. Though even through his face was obscured by a mask people felt he was shaken by what he had just done.

"No... no... not traitor, I was trying to save you! The traitor's been acting in secret! You can't possibly think it's me! You were with me when we when we rebooted the TARDIS Tempus, surely you must believe me?"

Tempus stepped away, "I don't know what to believe anymore", she said, as suddenly Iron Lad's armour started glowing and moving erratically.

"Is this your doing Magneta?" Wild Thing asked.

"No, no, this is Celestial technology overriding my armour. Dear God. This is what the Doctor tried to tell us! One of us has access to highly advanced technology!" Iron Lad said, as his repulsor beam aimed for the very young Captain America. It fired. An older, more experienced Captain America would have been able to deflect the shot with his shield. But that Captain America will never exist now. Captain America collapses.

"Stop him!" Miss America screamed. What happened then, shocked everyone. Iron Lad, not in control of his armour, took off his mask. And aimed the repulsor beam at himself. Iron Lad collapsed alongside Captain America.

The TARDIS stopped. With 3 dead bodies on the floor, the door creaks open. Through it, some recognized the body of Tiamut, the Dreaming Celstial. What was more surprising though, was the presence of humans. Smartly dressed humans even. One approaches the TARDIS.

"Hello", she said, "I am Ashema the Listener, I am one of the Celestials. I gathered that you are already aware of our role in these events. We hid a murderer among you to... smooth the transition. We prefer not to meddle directly with human affairs. However, we are getting impatient..." Ashema looks at Captain America's lifeless body, "an idle man has fallen, I fully realize what this man meant to some of you."

"But... but you're human!" Tempus utters.

"Yes, as the Doctor told you, if the Celestials mess with human affairs directly, we'd attract way too much attention. But our powers are plentiful. Even though we are repulsed by the idea, we can take on this unwieldy human form to be a bit less noticeable, but I digress, while we mean no harm to you, your lives must end."

4 More Celestials gather behind her.

Alive:
Gardien: Tempus III
Marhawkman: Magneta (MC2) III
Liquid Nitrogen: Miss America II
Moytura: Rachel Grey II
Providence: Wild Thing (MC2) II

Deceased:
Wings: Iron Lad IIIII IIIII
Gibbering Fool: Captain America (WWII) III
Quick and Dead: Ruby Summers II

The winner of last round was Providence! As such, Providene gets to change another player's public vote of choice into another vote.

Next round, you'll be dealing with 5 Celestials! Don't fear though, they still wield cosmic powers, but now come in soft human bodies that they've barely adapted to, and they are surprisingly talkative.
And maybe you wanna take a quick look at the TARDIS again! It's still their, albeit a bit unreliable as it turns out. Again, the best role player gets a nifty reward, so good luck!

For those interested, this is Ashema the Listener, http://marvel.wikia.com/Ashema_%28Earth-616%29 , this Celestial took on a human form during the Heroes Reborn: The Return storyline, to explain to Franklin Richards how he created a pocket universe to store his parents (and the other heroes that "died" during the Onslaught storyline), and to tell him that the Celestials weren't happy with that status quo (to be honest, neither was I!).

10 Votes until reveal.

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 19 Feb 2015, 00:47

Great. Now not only was a killer trying to take them down, as ordered by the Celestials but now the group had decided to do the killer's job for them. Ugh.
And, speak of devil, look who's just shown up.

This was the thought process of Miss America as she fixed a steely gaze on the Celestials.

She didn't know why but she had called out before Iron Lad died. Maybe she had believed his impassioned speech of innocence.

Maybe it was the memory of needing a second chance.

She studied the new threat.

The female Celestial on the outskirts of the loose V formation met her gaze evenly. "You cannot fight your way out of this, America Chavez. The upper hand ours. You cannot win." For a second America faltered. Maybe she's right they're too strong. They have all advantages. The best thing would be if she helpe-
Wait a minute. The Celestials eyes, still meeting her own, glowed faintly.
What the- ah. Mind control.
Weak from the new body. But still there.

Suddenly Miss America was back to her default setting. Anger. The cause was not a mystery this time round.
You don't mess with the mind of Miss America Chavez. It's a bad idea.

The Celestial tried regaining control, speaking to her. "You cannot-"
America interrupted. "Don't give me orders chica. I can do what I like"
Then America used one of the best combat techniques she knew.

Strike first without warning.

Vote: Wild Thing
Cause Physics!

moytura

Post by moytura » 20 Feb 2015, 23:13

Just when everyone had gotten dull, divine intervention. They seemed a nasty bunch. The kind of simpering idiots who love the phrase "doing what's best for you"
They probably had some decent conversation in them but Chico seems to have used the only strategy she knows.
They saw it coming. They are divine beings they have been around the block a few times.
At least she had a principle behind it. Better than the fools standing and staring. It took Rachel a few seconds to realise that she was one of the fools standing and staring.
Hold up. Why was that?
Rachel stilled and felt pressure all over. It was like someone was touching her, enveloping her. But her mind barriers were too strong so it was only low key affecting her.
Magneta, Tempus and Wild thing were frozen and iron lad was dead.
Her started to move her toes and the tips of her fingers. She didn't want give her self away. To anyone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't private message! I'm so sorry! THe site simply refuses. Says I haven't been on long enough!

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 21 Feb 2015, 03:06

Magneta wondered what the Celestials were doing to the others. They acted like it was some sort of telepathic attack. Fortunately for Magneta, her helmet wasn't decorative, like the original, she wore a helmet that protected her from psychic attacks.

But still, killing the Celestials wasn't going to fix things. As America leaped towards one of the Celestials, Magneta used her powers to push America, and several of the celestials outside the TARDIS. She had no need to move to fight, it was a matter of exerting her will.

"Tell me something", she said to the Celestial who was still in the TARDIS, "what reason do you have for trampling your own garden?"

The Celestial looked at her with a curious glance.

"What? You thought I didn't know?" Magneta continued, "your kind created Mutants, for what reason I do not know, but now you're here destroying your own work."