Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Betrayal Game #72: Crisis in the Movieverse Discussion

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
Gibbering Fool

Re: Betrayal Game #72: Crisis in the Movieverse Discussion

Post by Gibbering Fool » 01 Oct 2014, 21:53

Ok all, I'm out of town for work today but the next round will be up tomorrow. That should give Savant and XtremeOne some time to post. Hopefully now the ball is rolling the next rounds should go quicker

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 09 Oct 2014, 23:18

Can I make a request that no one touches Rogue in the next round, at least for now? Peter wants to save her, if you don't mind :p

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 10 Oct 2014, 12:00

XtremeOne1 wrote:Can I make a request that no one touches Rogue in the next round, at least for now? Peter wants to save her, if you don't mind :p
Lol I actually like the sound of that paring, more so than Star-Lord and Kitty ;)

I'm eager to see what people do with this round. When I read about scenes with Rogue being rescued from a prison at X-mansion being cut from the DOFP film I knew I had to include it in my Getrayal Game :). It could also be used to explain where characters that don't show up in the future (who aren't confirmed as dead like Beast) are. Havok, Juggernaut, Toad, Sabretooth, Yukio etc or introduce your own previously unseen character into the movieverse

Wings

Post by Wings » 13 Oct 2014, 00:29

Sorry I haven't got my post up yet. I'll try and get itup as soon as i get home today. Does anybody mind if I call dibs on saving Synch and Jubilee?
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 15 Oct 2014, 12:21

I'll leave it another 24 hours for gardien,uncannyscott, das_boot, and Liquid Nitrogen to post, then the next round goes up :D

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 24 Oct 2014, 04:37

Can't believe I forgot about this, ugh. Stupid life. Post coming right away in the morning, this I swear upon Thor's hammer!
Uncanny Avengers Draft: Cannonball, Spectrum, Spider-Man, Beast, Smasher, Sabretooth, Manifold, Hope Summers

Making a return after over a year of being gone!

Everyone's a geek for something. Check out Geekfinity! - http://www.geek-finity.com

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 25 Oct 2014, 06:26

Ah my round four curse continues!

Well the killer has been caught! Blink was serving the Inbetweener to try and maintain the balance. This idea was based off a What If where Blink ended up in the Inbetweener's realm after the Phalanx Covenant. You guys were too clever for us, or maybe Blink was too obvious, beilingthe ultimate killer and all :D

Clues varied, but really the whole moving from reality to reality was a big hint towards Blink and her time with the Exiles.

Round 1
The characters appeared in a flash of coral light. Coral is another word for pink. Blink moves in flashes of pink.
The fact three characters were killed inside their inescapable cells was a hint towards Blink, who could easily move in an out of them (Of course a lot of the other characters could also have gained access)
"The Eye showed him not just his own reality, but every other reality, along with the space in-between." This was a hint to the Inbetweener and that What if story.

Round 2
"The Eye gave him control over reality; at its simplest he could use it to move things from one place to another, like he did with his new collectibles"
The fact they were at the Battle of New York, where Chitauri were coming in through a portal was a clue

Round 3
No specific clue this round, other than it being Blink's reality, but I tried heavily to direct suspicion to the Magneto's. They threatened to flay the Collector's flesh from his bones, and that was how Jean was killed.

Round 4
You guys were getting too suspicious of Blink so I really scaled back the hints, though I did through in a reference to a mysterious dark face seen by the Collector between the realities shown by the Eye. A hint to the Inbetweener.

Great game everybody!

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 25 Oct 2014, 07:44

Fun game, I enjoyed the situations you gave us to write in for our characters each round as well as the added competition to have the most interesting post. I'll pretend I won Round 4.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Wings

Post by Wings » 27 Oct 2014, 17:05

There's a curse?

I really enjoyed this one. It was challenging at times. Playing as the movie version of a character as opposed to the comics version meant I had to put a lot more thought into my posts.

Kudos to Xtreme though, that Rogue post was the best post of the entire game for me.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 28 Oct 2014, 09:03

Wings wrote:There's a curse?
Just my games specifically. I'm sure the last few I've run have ended prematurely, Usually with the killer being paranoia killed or being revealed by votes. One day I'll beat you all :twisted:

Thanks for a great game everyone!

gardien

Post by gardien » 31 Oct 2014, 19:29

Why did i have to be in the game with all the smart people? lol None the less I just want to thank everyone here for making the game so much fun and to our astonshing host GB. Great game and a fun way to get back into the BG's.
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"