Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Betrayal Game 71:Discussion & Sign-Ups

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
UncannyScott

Betrayal Game 71:Discussion & Sign-Ups

Post by UncannyScott » 03 Aug 2014, 01:12

There they were. Each of them depicted upon the large screen, a mug shot taking up an entire square each. None of them were "real" in one sense. They were real people but they were not really who they were trying to be. Clones. Sidekicks. Some random picking up a mantle dropped or forgotten. Children. Alternate Dimensions. Stuck out of time. It didn't matter where they were from. All that mattered is that they were not right. Not the originals. One could not abide the change of what had come to be expected by their fans. How could someone cheer when that hero you knew and loved suddenly changed gender or color or age? It wasn't a thing of racism or sexism. No sir, it was about maintaining the status quo.

This could not stand. There were so many of them now popping up regularly. They had to be dealt with. All of them. There was a plan in place. Bring them all together, and then finish them off one by one. Yes, it was genius. Better than letting them survive and possibly ruin the integrity of the brand they were trying to uphold. Yes, it was brilliant.

"The fanboys are always right," he murmured to himself. He would know after all. His name was Fanboy, and he was correct in this. The replacements would be killed.

Someone isn't so happy that heroes faces and genders and similar change from time to time, wanting those originals back. So now they're about to kill off all those replacement heroes!*

As you can now guess those replacement heroes will be all of you! For character selection you can choose any version of a hero that is not the original person that had the mantle. This can be 616 replacements like Bucky Captain America, Rhodey as Iron Man, Kamala Khan becoming Ms. Marvel, Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, Ben Reilly as Spider-Man, etc. This can be other dimension versions of a character that are different from the 616 version like a Spider-Man 2099 or anything like that. It can be Clones. What If versions of a known character. Anything that makes a character different than the version of that character that originally debuted in the 616. If you have questions please ask away!

Some features of this game:
- By the end of the sign-up period, all that join may apple to be the killer and those applications will be taken into consideration when choosing our killer. In the application PM appeal, give a possible reason your character could or would be behind the killings.
- One vote will be public, and one will be private. The public vote helps in crafting your posts, to play out your characters suspicions of others. The private one can be used to play a tactical game in working out who the killer really is.
- Each round you survive you will be randomly awarded one of the following through PM: paranoia kill, a hint/clue, immunity, an extra vote, a loss of votes, told to copy the votes of another, become a shield for another character (if they get voted out/killed you take the brunt for them), a shield for yourself you can use to deflect votes away to another.

Sign-Ups will be open till Wednesday August 6 at 6:00 PM PST. If you have suggestions to add to the random awards, ways to fix one that is up there, reasons why one won't work or anything please feel free to speak about it as this is something I just thought of doing as I wrote this up so there might be some holes in it I missed.

*Note: This is not meant to insult or upset anyone that is upset about changes, it just came to me as an idea the other day after all the changes coming up and I thought it would be humorous if there was someone that took all these changes to task and tried to wipe them out as they preferred the original characters. All in good fun I assure you.*
Last edited by UncannyScott on 21 Aug 2014, 03:49, edited 2 times in total.
Uncanny Avengers Draft: Cannonball, Spectrum, Spider-Man, Beast, Smasher, Sabretooth, Manifold, Hope Summers

Making a return after over a year of being gone!

Everyone's a geek for something. Check out Geekfinity! - http://www.geek-finity.com

Wings

Re: Betrayal Game 71: Accept No Substitutes

Post by Wings » 03 Aug 2014, 19:15

Sign me up as Theresa Rourke Cassidy, the second Banshee.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 04 Aug 2014, 07:43

Rachel Grey for me please
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 04 Aug 2014, 22:58

Put me down for Noh-Varr please!
Cause Physics!

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 05 Aug 2014, 00:01

How about April Parker?

Wings

Post by Wings » 05 Aug 2014, 15:58

She's certainly quite different from original Mayhem Brigid O'Reilly.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 05 Aug 2014, 17:36

Could I be Death V, Horseman of Apocalypse, aka James Howlett?

EDIT: realizing the brief clearly speaks of a hero, if Horsemen of Apocalypse are a no-go I'd like Clint Barton as Goliath

Savant

Post by Savant » 05 Aug 2014, 22:41

Julia Carpenter

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 06 Aug 2014, 03:10

Wings: Banshee II (Theresa Rourke Cassidy)
Hotknives: Rachel Grey
Liquid Nitrogen: Noh-Varr
Marhawkman: April Parker
Savant: Julia Carpenter
MartijnB: Death V/Logan

@MartijnB: Logan as Death works since he's a hero that was transformed into taking a new mantle for a bit. Fanboy is totally a fan of the original modern interpretation of Death, Archangel. Not some clawed poser!

Depending on how many other sign-ups come today and tomorrow, the sign-ups might be extended a day or two depending. The weekend start of sign-ups might have prevented some from knowing. Anyone that you know that usually plays these that hasn't signed up yet, give em a PM poke and see if maybe it's just been such a break between games they haven't noticed their back :)
Uncanny Avengers Draft: Cannonball, Spectrum, Spider-Man, Beast, Smasher, Sabretooth, Manifold, Hope Summers

Everyone's a geek for something. Check out Geekfinity! - http://www.geek-finity.com

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 06 Aug 2014, 07:54

Can I get in on this? Spider Man 2099 please!

History of Paper

Post by History of Paper » 06 Aug 2014, 17:35

Sefton, A man duh

Wings

Post by Wings » 08 Aug 2014, 23:17

Still plenty of great picks up for grabs.Bucky, USAgent, Ben Reilly, Johnny Storm, Vision, Kate Bishop, Spectrum, Madeleyne Pryor, Mattie Franklin, War Machine, Carol Danvers, Shuri, Iron Lad, Yelena Belova, Warpath, Neal Shaara, Scott Lang, Dazzler...and that's just the tip of the iceberg,there's actually way more than I thought there was...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 09 Aug 2014, 21:18

Kate Bishop please :)
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 09 Aug 2014, 21:44

Signups still open? Does Kid Gladiator work?
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 13 Aug 2014, 15:57

Wings: Banshee II (Theresa Rourke Cassidy)
Hotknives: Rachel Grey
Liquid Nitrogen: Noh-Varr
Marhawkman: April Parker
Savant: Julia Carpenter
MartijnB: Death V/Logan
Gibbering Fool: Spider-Man 2099
HIstory of Paper: Amanda Sefton/Magik
Das_boot: Kate Bishop/Hawkeye
Quick and Dead: Kid Gladiator

Alright there are ten people. I'll get the round up today. Each round will have three days for posting, with a bit of leeway given for the weekend rounds. How does fifteen votes to reveal sound, does that sound about right? I suck at the math for this sometimes lol. The killer will be PMed shortly. That player can craft a reason why their character would go along with Fanboy's plans.

Remember:
- One vote will be public, and one will be private. The public vote helps in crafting your posts, to play out your characters suspicions of others. The private one can be used to play a tactical game in working out who the killer really is.
- Each round you survive you will be randomly awarded one of the following through PM: paranoia kill, a hint/clue, immunity, an extra vote, a loss of votes, told to copy the votes of another, become a shield for another character (if they get voted out/killed you take the brunt for them), a shield for yourself you can use to deflect votes away to another.

Quick and Dead

Re: Betrayal Game 71:Sign-Ups

Post by Quick and Dead » 18 Aug 2014, 18:15

Round one and Rachel is already being dragged through the mud. I think I'll enjoy this game.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 18 Aug 2014, 19:49

Wow.
After this is done, someone is getting a week of detentions and a guidance session with Councillor Guthrie
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 19 Aug 2014, 08:25

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if there isn't a telekinetic spanking scene between Rachel and Kubark in the near future of this game.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 19 Aug 2014, 11:58

I think we can manage that
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

UncannyScott

Re: Betrayal Game 71:Discussion & Sign-Ups

Post by UncannyScott » 21 Aug 2014, 03:50

Round Two is up! Sorry for the delay, crazy last two days. Round two ends on Monday, August 25 in the evening. Once I get back from my first day back to school I'll post. All the PM's have gone out with the perks or non-perks you have been awarded for the round. Make sure to check, and use them or plan wisely against them depending on what you received.

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 21 Aug 2014, 13:45

nitpick: Mayhem isn't bonded with a Symbiote. Mayhem is basically half-symbiote-half-human. It's why she chose the name Mayhem. Symbiotes like names like that. Thus the device would have it's effect on Mayhem herself.

Wings

Post by Wings » 21 Aug 2014, 14:07

Maybe it's an effect of the cross temporal flux?

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 21 Aug 2014, 14:37

Ah, I had always assumed she had gotten the symbiote elsewhere. I must have missed that it was bonded to her. We'll chalk it up to timey whimey stuff...yeah.

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 21 Aug 2014, 14:52

She's a clone of May Parker that Norman Osborne spliced Symbiote DNA into. In some ways, she's a symbiote that doesn't need a host. She actually can bond to people the same way a full symbiote can, but usually doesn't. And she has Spider powers. :P

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 25 Aug 2014, 12:02

I really had no idea who April Parker was, one of marhawkman's usual obscure characters, I just read symbiotic and went with it lol. I loved the idea of Miguel getting a symbiote. I guess we can say she's a slightly different version from a different reality.