Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

SLAYERFEST-- THE GAME

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
das_boot

SLAYERFEST-- THE GAME

Post by das_boot » 24 Jan 2014, 18:26

ROUND ONE

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Slayer HQ...

“We have inbound, ma'am,” informed a junior Slayer, as Buffy quick-walked into the Situation Room of the Slayer Headquarters. Buffy frowned at her. The girl had called her ma'am AND saluted? Talk about overkill...

“Gimme names,” ordered Buffy, inhaling the sickly sweet incense that the seers who had aligned themselves with her organisation used to channel their powers. “Details, the works. Not many folk out there who could break our defences, right?”

She turned to Willow as she asked her question. The red-headed witch nodded.

“It's gotta be friends,” she said, as four figures began to materialise in the middle of the room, within a circle of silver metal in the centre of the floor. Willow began to smile. “I recognise the energies of three of them, but the fourth one...”

“Holy crap,” breathed Xander. “Good to see you again, Miss Calendar...”

“Since we're long out of high school, and I haven't been your teacher for a long time, I'm pretty sure you should just call me 'Jenny',” said the dark haired woman with a smile. She glanced between Buffy, Willow and Xander, reading the confusion in their expressions. “And I'm just as confused by my resurrection as the rest of you.”

“Oh my god,” breathed Willow, looking straight ahead at Giles. “Giles, you didn't--”

“I had nothing to do with this, I assure you,” he said softly. The Watcher's face was ashen, and he appeared to be deeply in shock. Dawn placed her hand on his shoulder.

“It's kind of a shock for all of us,” she said gently, staring straight at Willow, trying to grab her attention to stop her from following her line of questioning.

“So, yay, we're back,” said Andrew.

“You're gonna want to move,” said Willow suddenly. “We've got something else coming in.”

“What the hell?” asked Xander. “What the hell is the point of protection wards if people can just--”

“Xander, enough,” warned Buffy, slipping into a fighting stance on reflex. “Get every available Slayer in here, NOW,” she instructed to the junior Slayer.

There was a pulse of blue energy and in the centre of the circle appeared several more familiar faces-- Angel, Lilah Morgan, Wesley Wyndham-Price, Charles Gunn, Winifred Burkle, Spike, Cordelia Chase, Connor Lorne, Darla, Drusilla and a blue-skinned version of Fred, who dropped to her knees as soon as the group appeared.

“Angel?” exclaimed Buffy, fighting the urge to embrace her first love-- or stake him, if necessary.

“You were correct in assuming that I would be able to channel the residual magical energy to transport us here,” stated Illyria bluntly, directing her statement towards Wesley. “Something is wrong with this world.”

“Squirming and turning, we'll all be a-burning,” sang Drusilla.

“Could you not make with the sing-song?” grimaced Lorne. “Your crazy's comin' on kinda loud, fruit-loop.”

“What the hell is going on here?” demanded Buffy.

“The dead are coming back to life. Or did you mean 'why the hell is this happening'? Because those are two entirely different questions, both in context and in potential answers,” said a familiar voice from directly behind Buffy. She span, knee raised to launch into a kick-- and then paused.

“Surprise!” exclaimed Halfrek, although Buffy wasn't paying much attention to her, rather the re-animated form of Anya. A third Vengeance demon stood with them, her hood over her face.

“An?” asked Xander.

“Really?” asked Cordelia. “We're all still surprised at people coming back from the dead? Really?”

“Cordy, Anya and Xander were kind of... complex,” explained Dawn. Her eyes fell to the pendants around Anya and Halfrek's throats. “Although if everyone could just be cautious about expressing any desires in the form of a wish, that'd be peachy...”

A loud bang reverberated through the facility, shock waves causing the floor beneath them to shake.

“Always something bloody well going wrong when you're with the Slayer,” sighed Spike.

“That came from the vaults,” breathed Giles. “I thought that she was secure there, but--”

“Who?” snapped Buffy. “Who the hell have you been storing in the vaults that I don't--”

Buffy was interrupted by a crack across the jaw, powerful enough to send her sailing through the air, clear across the room. She landed with a thud, a throb of pain searing through her spine upon impact.

“Y'know,” said Glory, the Hell God, as she casually strolled past Anya and Halfrek, dressed in a dirty green jumpsuit. “Damn sure I asked for a room with a view.”

“Glory,” hissed Buffy. She rose to her feet to charge her, but was blocked by Drusilla, who stood in front of her.

“Not now, Slayer,” clucked the clairvoyant. “Hardly sporting to kick a girl when she's down...”

“Spike,” barked Buffy, glaring at Dru. “Move your crazy ex before I dust her where she stands.”

“Two things pet,” he replied. “Firstly, I'm not one of your lackeys, and secondly, screw you.”

“This one sings with trans-dimensional energy,” cooed Illyria, approaching Glory. “But something got broken... shattered, twisted and bent out of shape.”

Without warning, Glorificus' form changed to that of her human host, Ben.

“Kill him, Buffy,” said Dawn in a tremulous voice. “They're going to try to use me to--”

“You're not The Key anymore,” sighed Ben. “Besides, you don't have to worry about Glory anymore,” he grabbed a chunk of metal railing, breaking it free from it's moorings before twisting it into a pretzel-like shape and discarding it.

“This isn't right...” breathed Buffy. “Something's really not right here...”

“Darn tootin' princess,” said Glory, reverting to her usual form. “I got my body, but I don't have my powers. What the hell gives, letting piss-ant Benjy having all the fun of super-powers?”

“Okay, this is enough!” squealed Andrew. “Weird things are happening that I don't understand, and as Senior Watcher on duty because Giles is pretty clearly in need of a drink, we need to time to figure this out!”

“Ugh, I hate it when he's right,” muttered Xander.

“Okay,” nodded Buffy. “I'll be keeping my eye on the hell god who's been casually living in our basement when she should have been dead,” Buffy shot a glare towards Giles-- “Angel, explain what happened to you and your guys to Xander and Andrew. Giles and Will, take Miss Calendar, Anya, and the other two Vengeance demons--”

“JUSTICE demons,” said the trio, in unison.

“Whatever--” dismissed Buffy. “And see what they know. Meet back here in an hour to discuss findings...”

An hour later...

“Are you sure that she's dead?” asked Halfrek.

“I'm sure, Hally,” snapped Anya, standing over the broken body of the third Vengeance demon, Amy Madison, former frenemy of Willow.

“How did this happen?” asked Lorne. “I thought you gals were all kinds of invulnerable?”

“Oh, that's just what they want everyone to think,” groaned Glory, rolling her eyes. “D'Hoffryn only even BECAME a Vengeance demon because of what I did to him.”

“To no one's surprise...” muttered Xander.

“None have left this facility,” said Illyria. “None have entered since the demons themselves. Whomever is the killer is one among us.”

Chills ran down Buffy's spine. She wouldn't mourn for Amy, not after she tried to get Willow to become a killer, but to know that someone among them was a killer? This couldn't continue, not if they were ever going to figure out what the hell was going on...

“It's not just her,” said Giles, limping into the Situation Room, Andrew under one of his shoulders, helping him to walk even as his own arm hung loosely by his side, whilst Jenny held a scrap of cloth over an open wound on her forehead. “We were talking to Jenny and then--”

“Boom,” gasped Andrew. “She just... detonated.”

“Who?” asked Buffy, her fists clenched in rage, fighting back the tears. “Who detonated?”

“Oh god,” breathed Dawn. “Not Will...”

“There was a flash of light,” sobbed Andrew. “And then she screamed, and then... she exploded. It really hurt and...”

Buffy yanked a crystal from her coat pocket, and slammed it into the floor, before crushing it with a heavy stamp. A burst of brilliant energy burst forth.

“Okay,” she said, her voice trembling. “As of right now, we're all on lockdown. No one in. No one out. Not until I find the bastard killing my friends.”

“And your enemies.” added Anya. Buffy turned to glare at her. Anya shrugged.

“What?” she asked. “Amy was your enemy. Someone here's killing indiscriminately, and they're killing your friends and enemies, both.”

Anya blinked.

“Okay, I'll just sit here and be ignored like all the other valid points...”

HotKnives-- Rupert Giles
QDLux-- Lilah Morgan
Savant-- Jenny Calendar
XTremeOne1-- Drusilla
Kipe-- Ben/Glorificus
sixhoursoflucy-- Anya
MarHawkMan-- Illyria
Medium13-- Lorne

GAME ON. TWO VOTES EACH PER ROUND. PM YOUR VOTES TO ME, AS WELL AS WHETHER YOU ARE USING YOUR ABILITY EACH ROUND. VOTES ARE PRIVATE. YOU WILL NOT KNOW HOW MANY VOTES YOUR CHARACTER HAS UNTIL IT'S TIME FOR REVEAL. REVEAL AT TEN VOTES. IMMUNITY CHALLENGE WILL FOLLOW.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

marhawkman

Re: SLAYERFEST-- THE GAME

Post by marhawkman » 27 Jan 2014, 02:15

"Friends/enemies... does it really matter?" Illyria said as she glared at Glorificus. "I hate to say it, but Willow understood how blurry that line could be."

Illyria stopped and stared off into space for a short while. "That reminds me.... Has anyone seen Aluwyn recently?"

medium13

Post by medium13 » 28 Jan 2014, 17:22

Well, this was even more unpleasant than usual. Lorne pursed his lips and took a long look at the others who were gathered around. Buffy was practically pulsing with confusion and a good deal of rage. The Old One seemed to be trolling the hell dimension God. "I wouldn't want to get on the bad sides of either of those two." Lorne thought to himself. Glory was producing two distinct auras, which was not completely uncommon for gods embodied in humans. "I'd certainly feel a tad more secure if she let her better half do the talking."

It was hard enough to read the auras of people without singing, but these folks were giving him a headache. The dead ones made his senses go wonky and the crazy vampyre was enough to make his head spin. He had to admit liked her spunk though.

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 28 Jan 2014, 22:54

"The killer could only be considered indiscriminate," Wesley began by clearing his once slashed throat, "if we are to assume these killings are directly related to Buffy. They may not be at all."

"Of course they bloody are," Spike muttered. "It's Buffy."

"Willow may have been a friend and Amy a foe, but it isn't as though they don't share commonality as victims. Two of the most powerful witches in the western hemisphere were just taken off the table."

"Let's listen to me talk for a minute," Glory commanded as she sauntered in. Buffy's muscles tensed, ready to spring on the Hell God at a moment's notice. "There's an easy way to figure out if Buffy is the -ahem..." Glory mulled over for another word but huffed when she couldn't find one. "Key...to our current apocalypse." She looked at Buffy and flashed her a smile. "We kill her."

Buffy rolled her eyes as Glory turned her attention back to the other mortals. "If the killer leaves us alone we'll know it was Buffy. And if not, hey! No more Buffy!" Glory burst with bright enthusiasm. She held out both of her palms and gestured as if weighing two equal things. "It's a win-win!"

"Moving on from listening to the insane Hell God talk for a minute,"Buffy looked to her old mentor. "Giles?"

"Wesley has a point. Willow was THE most powerful Wicca this side of the Carpathian Mountains." Giles agreed as he removed his glasses and buffed at them.

"And Amy was obviously powerful enough for D'Hoffryn to offer her a job," Dawn shrugged. "By the way," she added with more urgency and a scolding finger, "everybody remember what W words are off limits!"

Glorificus huffed, ready to assault them all with a verbal barrage before she felt Ben shift into her place.

Back into the cold. Back into where nobody could hear her.

As Ben came back from the cold, he looked at Buffy with great concern. "You're all overlooking an important fact," he said solemnly as he crossed his arms. "Half of you have been murderers before. Even Giles. Did he tell you he looked me in the eyes as he murdered me to get rid of Glory?"
I am the Watcher. It is my task to note all events of significance in this part of the cosmos. Only to note them, never to interfere. This task brings me great joy, and great sorrow.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 31 Jan 2014, 10:46

Giles took his glasses off, rubbing them on the corner of his shirt.
They weren't dirty, nor even smudged.

However, he needed something to do. Anything.

The urge to break down and cry was strong, and he knew this wasn’t the time or the place.
Duty always came first, and the killer had to be caught.

Seeing Jenny back didn’t help.
He had loved her, more than he’d ever loved anyone before, and more than he ever would. Olivia had been a fling, he knew that

It all felt like a lifetime ago.
So much had changed – both for Giles and in the world. A year ago he would have given almost anything to have Jenny back, but now?
Training slayers and watchers would be his life’s legacy. It would be worth it in the end, he knew that.
But sometimes, just sometimes, he would have given it all up for a normal life.
A safe, quiet life, in which his loved ones didn’t die.

If he hadn’t been so upset, he would have seen the irony – Jenny was alive, and Willow was dead.
And yet it was Jenny’s death that had led Willow into becoming the strong, powerful woman that she had been.
The shy girl who saught solace in his library hadn’t been seen for years.
In her place had stood a woman who lived, loved, and who held so much power that sometimes Giles was truly frightened, before remembering that deep down, Willow was the heart of the group, and the one who had always stopped Buffy from going too far.
Her fall into darkness had been awful for all of them, but Giles had forgiven easily – his past as Ripper had shown him what an easy path it was to walk down, and she had more than redeemed herself in the years since.
Death came to us all, and despite his grief, Giles held out a hope that Willow had entered the same heavenly dimension that Buffy had been dragged out of.
He knew an eternity by Tara’s side would be consolation for such an early death.

Finishing wiping his glasses, Giles placed them on his nose, and looked up.
‘Ben, you know why I killed you. Glory would have ended the world, and taken you with it.
It wasn’t a mercy killing – It was a murder. I am aware. But it was one that had to happen
We are locked into a war with the forces of darkness, and sometimes, there are casualties.
For the greater good may sound bloody callous, but it had to happen’

Giles addressed the group
‘Willow is gone. I know…’
He paused, struggling to regains his composure
‘Willow is gone. We’ve lost the most powerful one of all of us.’

Anya snorted, but was quickly silenced by a glare from Buffy

‘But magic wasn’t Willow’s only ability. She knew that nothing could be achieved without working with her friends, without being part of a team.
So, for Willow’s sake, we need to work together. We will find this killer among us, and they will be punished, I promise.
But lets put all infighting aside, and focus.
We have a lot of work to do’

As he finished, he caught a glimpse of Jenny Calendar looking at him, smiling.
His heart jumped, but he ignored it.
Now was not the time
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 02 Feb 2014, 20:29

"I agree that we should work together, Giles," Anya responded. "However, I'm not sure who most of these people are, and the ones I do now I'm not sure I trust. And in case I'm not making myself clear, I mean Glory and Drusilla."

Anya approached Jenny and extended her right hand in greeting. "You must be Jenny. I have heard about you a lot secondhand from people I trust, so I think I can trust you too. I'm sorry you died. Dying is terrible, isn't it? I died a while ago and still haven't caught up on everything I missed while I was away, and I refuse to do all the necessary research on everyone else in this room right now, mostly out of spite for them getting to live while I didn't. Anyway, I look forward to working with you and Giles to catch this murderer before we end up back in the grave again."
"Why am I even listening to you to begin with? You're a virgin who can't drive."

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 03 Feb 2014, 04:16

"That's simple to explain." Illyria said to Anya. "Drusilla is a vampire. Glorificus is a demon so powerful she was banished from Hell."

Illyria paused as Anya gave her a confused look. "Oh, those were the people you don't trust." Illyria paused and took a breath slowly. "And I would be one of the people you don't know... um... well... I'm an Old One, but I'm a nice person now."

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 03 Feb 2014, 15:15

Drusilla did not like this, did not like this at all. She had no clue what was going on and nary a vision to point her in the right direction. She hung back from the crowd, circling around the cluster of people, eyeing them with distrust.

Some of these people should have been dead, like that silly school teacher who tried to give daddy his soul back. Drusilla hated her. She tried to destroy their happy family. And there were other people there she hated too. Demons and Gods.

Still, a chance to kill the slayer and her friends could prove to be fun. She had killed one slayer already, two was such a nice number. Or three or four.

And grandmummy-daughter was here and Spike, her child, her lover, her pet, he was here as well.

She neared him but stopped cold in her tracks.

"Something is wrong Lady Edith," Drusilla whispered into the ear of her porcelain doll, "I could sense it..."

She moved closer to Spike and sniffed the air around him, than clutched her hand above his head. Her eyes widened in shock as she reeled back.

"No-no-no-no," she shook her head and clutched her stomach, "He's dirty! Containment. My Spike is ruined." She ran her hands through her hair as she raved, shaking her head back and forth, "His insides are dirty, just like daddy's. He's tainted! A soul! A soul!" It was happening to everyone in her family and she feared she would be next.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Feb 2014, 16:12

ROUND TWO

Cleaved Wide Open...

“Enough,” said Buffy quietly, whilst the rest of the suspects bickered. Her best friend was dead, and all these people could do was fight with one another? Focus should really be the issue here...

Earlier that day...

“I don't need you to be my friends,” explained Buffy, to a stunned-looking Willow and Xander.

“Well, in that case, you can't play with my toys either, Mrs. Grouchy Pants,” joked Xander.

“Buffy, I think you need to really--” began Willow. Buffy interrupted her.

“You're not getting me,” she sighed in frustration. “I look at the two of you-- what you've lost, what's happened to you because of knowing me... And it's not right. I can't... I can't do my job if I have to worry about how much pain I'm putting you through, just by hanging with you!”

“We always knew the cost,” said Xander gently. He tilted his head to face her, pointing towards his eye patch. “This is all just... Just bumps and bruises.”

“Xander, you lost an eye,” replied the Slayer.

“With all due respect-- duh,” he replied. “I was there. I remember.”

“And there was Anya. Tara,” began Buffy. “Willow, you nearly lost your mind because of the magic that you started messing with so you could help me!”

“And also saved the world a few times,” argued the witch, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. “We kinda have to weigh it, y'know? I've done way more good by being your friend than I could have done alone. Buffy, you can't let guilt tear us apart, not now...”

“I need to separate you guys from the job,” explained Buffy. “If I can't do that, then I need you to be more than my friends.”

“Okay, I'm lost.” said Xander. He turned to face Willow. “Are you lost? Because I'm lost.”

“Xander... Will...” said Buffy softly. “I need you to be my lieutenants.”

Now...

“ENOUGH,” roared Buffy, silencing the group.

“What she said,” agreed Lorne, massaging his temples. “This bickering isn't getting us anywhere. And I'm exhausted from all the bad vibes you people keep throwing around like ticker-tape...”

“I can feel everyone's blood boiling,” sang Drusilla. “Boiling and bubbling, it's all a bit troubling...”

“Wow, does this chick ever shut up?” asked Glory, filing her nails whilst looking bored. “Does someone wanna stake her before I get a migraine?”

“Didn't think you'd much be up for staking, state you're in, pet,” shot back Spike.

“The laws of magic are breaking,” said Illyria. “I feel the pull...”

“What pull?” asked Lilah, masking her concern. “What's Smurfette talking about?”

“She could be referring to her former resting place,” suggested Giles.

“She's an Old One?” asked Jenny, as if only just realising how dangerous a creature was among their group. “She was released from the Deeper Well?”

“My power was bound there for millennia,” explained Illyria.

“Hey,” barked Glory, squinting at Illyria. An aura of energy began to become visible around the fallen god. “What the hell do you think you're playing at?”

“This thing is being done to me,” gasped Illyria. Bursts of energy began to spark from the strange creature, striking Buffy, Drusilla, Anya, Glorificus, Giles, Lorne, Lilah and Jenny square in the chest, before the group vanished entirely, leaving the others who weren't struck standing in shock.

“... Okay,” asked Cordelia. “What the hell is going on?”

A few moments later...

Buffy awoke, taking an inventory of her various aches and pains as the fog in her head lifted.

“Illyria,” she muttered, opening her eyes to find Drusilla standing directly above her. Buffy sprang to her feet and slipped into a fighting stance. They seemed to be underground, surrounded by stone sarcophagi.

“Miss Edith was left behind,” she pouted. “I'm all alone... with the GOOD folk...”

“Not all of the good folk,” said Ben, solemnly. He shook his head. “I understand why Giles killed me... so I'd hate to think what he's going to do when he sees what happened to that woman he was making moon-eyes at... or more importantly, finds out who killed her. ”

“Miss Calendar?” asked Buffy quietly.

Lilah and Illyria were standing over the body of Miss Calendar, her face resting in what appeared to be a peaceful and relaxed expression-- totally at odds with the ugly slash across her throat, and the pool of blood she lay in.

“A death in this place is an ill-portent,” said Illyria, gesturing to the coffins. “Should one of the old ones claim this death as a sacrifice--”

“Why am I unable to teleport myself out of here and the inevitable danger that results in these kinds of situations?” asked Anya. “This is just beyond ridiculous. When I find out who's fault it is that we're in the Deeper Well, I'm going to start breaking fingers until one of you makes a wish of a horribly violent death upon the perpetrators!”

“We're in the Deeper Well?” asked Ben, shifting to Glory. “Groovy. Some of these bastards are the ones who ganged up on me in the first place... time for some payback!”

“Jenny...” breathed Giles, kneeling next to her.

PLAYERS
Lilah Morgan
Rupert Giles
Illyria
Drusilla
Lorne
Anyanka
Glory/Ben
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

medium13

Post by medium13 » 13 Feb 2014, 16:36

The old man's grief was almost too much for Lorne to handle. It was palpable. It hung in the air like a dark cloud of smoke and Lorne had to turn away for fear the others would notice that his tears were dry. He felt the sorrow deeply and tried to push it from the air around him. He was just so tired of death. He put a hand on Giles shoulder. He said nothing, and in truth he had nothing to say for he hardly knew this man and knew nothing of his lover. He flinched and recoiled slightly as he intercepted a memory. Roses petals. Candles. Angelus.

Lorne took a deep breath and pulled his hand away slowly. He turned towards the vampyre with the sight.

"What do you see?" He asked.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 14 Feb 2014, 04:32

Drusilla felt the grief too. And it was marvelous!! Oh how it made her spirits soar! She smiled, letting the Watchers despair wash over her like the waters of a warm bath. The Bad Teacher had died again!

Served her right. It was her meddling tat that lead that witch too give her Angel back his soul, to tarnish and ruin him and break up her happy little family.

She watched the Watcher as he grieved, remembering the time she had played with him, making him think she was the Teacher so they could use Acathla to drag the world into the hell dimension-how much fun that would have been if the slayer and her mean friends hadn't ruined it- She had kissed the Watcher and enjoyed it quite a bit! She wondered if he'd kiss her now.

She stalked around him, unable to stop a mad smile from crossing her lips, her eyes alight with hunger and passion.

But then the Green Man from that club she and mummy had sang in spoke to her, asking her to share her sight.

Drusilla pouted and stepped back, "You're not my friend," she pointed to the green man, "You and my Angel fight for them," she pointed to the sky, "The Mean Men In The Sky who want to turn my daddy..." she shivered and ran her hands over her body as if bugs were crawling on her skin, "human!"

Drusilla turned from the Green Demon as something whispered in her. Voices calling to her from afar. Beautiful, sweet voices telling of her despair. She touched the sided of her head, closed her eyes and lolled her head left and right, moaning softly.

The voices grew louder and visions came to Drusilla, so powerful that she fell to the floor. Each one struck her with great amounts of pain and she loved it. Yes, it gave her such pleasure that she withered on the floor, running her hands through her hair.

"Oh such terrible things!" she gave an almost orgasmic cry, "So much death! One by one, one by one" She ran a finger over her lips, "And blood! So much blood. It runs everywhere! It's-" Her words swallowed in her throat as Drusilla saw herself standing before. She smiled, a true, sincere smile, like the one she had before Angel found her and took away everything she loved, tormented her, made her insane...And than she turned to dust.

Drusilla shot to her feet, growling.

"Someone here's been naughty!" She pointed a finger at The Green Man and than began to circle it around the group. Despite what she had seen, she let out a laugh and her lips curled into a crazed smile, "Someone here will kill the rest, no one will escape with their lives." Her hips began to sway as she danced to music only she could hear, "One by one, until there is none," Drusilla purred, throwing up her hands, "This time the Slayer can't save anyone."

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 14 Feb 2014, 13:43

Giles felt num.
He knew he hadn’t jumped for joy when he’d seen Jenny. He’d moved on and his life had changed immeasurably since her slaughter.
But that wasn’t to say he didn’t want her.
Didn’t need to feel her touch again.
She’d been snatched away, yet again, and he was determined to find the bastard who had done this.
Cradling her head gently, Giles gave her a final kiss, his lips brushing the soft skin of her foreheard.
Then he lay her down, and stood up
‘This ends. Now.’
He whispered a spell, and magick flowed into his hands
‘Anya, Buffy – you two are under my protection. If anyone so much as looks at you the wrong way, they’ll be dust.
The rest of you – count that as a warning. We’ve defeated demons, gods, and evil itself.
If you even think about crossing us – you can bloody well piss off’
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 15 Feb 2014, 02:14

Illyria moved towards the side of the room while she stared in confusion at Drusilla. She didn't get why a hybrid was concerned with being "tainted"... wasn't being a vampire taint enough? Either way Illyria thought of ensouled vampires as more powerful than the others.

Then Giles started angrily ranting.... and Illyria started to wonder whether Giles had totally lost his mind....

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 19 Feb 2014, 22:52

Glory walked along the edge of the coffins. As she neared one she recognized, she felt the pull of shifting back into Ben.

Glory was pushed back down into the cold place, the place where she was banished whenever Ben resumed control of their body. She hated it here, hated it even more than being trapped in the Deeper Well. Hated it even more than the fact that Ben got to have all her fancy God-powers now, and all the fun that came with them.

Ben turned to walk back toward the group. "Are we supposed to do something here?" he began to ask as Glorificus tried to force her way back to consciousness. Ben pushed her back down, maintaining control. He was so much stronger than he used to be. Very annoying.

Ever since they'd woken up in the cell the Loser's Council had created for her, she'd been weaker and weaker. There were days where she relinquished all control over to Ben, unable to cope without feeding on the sanity of others. She needed the energies that kept human minds together. She was so freaking hungry. Even since their release, Ben had been keeping a hold on her, stopping her from putting the Brain Suck on any of the Scoobies or their allies.

"Is whoever that's behind this," Ben fumbled looking at Buffy with unease. "Were they just trying to separate us from the others or are we supposed to do something here?"

"I most adamantly do not care," Giles spat at Ben. "We're getting out of here." He looked at Anya and Buffy, and checked the magical energies that surrounded them. He hoped his spell was enough to keep them safe from Drusilla, Glory, Illyria, and the strange green demon ally of Angel's.

"How?" Anya asked incredulously.

"Giles, maybe," Buffy began before Giles cut her off.

"Buffy, we have to find a way out," Giles was near panicking.

"We can't do that," Buffy looked at him sternly, "if you don't calm down."

Glory tried to push herself back out of Ben's body, but the fleshsack wasn't letting her out. She beat her fists against the nothingness within the cold place. This was so unfair. She wanted to hear what they were saying.

Then something struck Glory. The Scooby Doo-Doo Gang had mentioned the rules of magic being broken, the very rules that kept her bonded to Buzzkill Ben. The Blue Bimbo had warned of one of the Ancient Ones taking Jenny as a sacrifice.

Glory was an Old One. Older than most of those here in the Deeper Well. The sacrifice could be hers.

Glory pushed back at the Coldness with all her strength. This might be her only chance to free herself from Ben.

"Even if Anya could teleport," Buffy calmed Giles. "She could only teleport herself. She couldn't take us with her."

"Unless we were linked to her," Giles mused, again staring at the peaceful face of Jenny Calendar.

Suddenly Ben cried out as he collapsed to the floor.

"What now?" Lilah Morgan asked with a roll of her eyes.

Buffy rushed to Ben's side.

Ben was grasping at his chest, mumbling incoherently. Giles turned his head away from Jenny's eyes and stared at Ben. "This is some sort of trick," he began to warn Buffy.

Suddenly Giles found he could not breathe. Something was wrapped around his throat, tightly. Giles turned his eyes to see the corpse of Jenny smiling at him.

"Bingo!" Jenny smiled. It was not her voice, it was Glory's.

"Glory has taken her as a sacrifice!" Illyria warned the others as Glory/Jenny threw Giles away from her.

She stood up and dusted off her dress. "You humans have way too much blood," she whined as the blood-wet dress stuck to her form.

Ben started spitting up blood. Glory separating herself from him was nearly fatal. He felt like he'd been ripped in two.

Buffy readied into a fighting stance, but Giles rushed right past her. "How dare you!" he growled as he began to power up a spell to throw at Jenny/Glory.

"Oh you know you like it," Glory smirked as she cupped Jenny's breasts in her hands. "Trust, it will be an improvement." Just as Giles neared Glory/Jenny, the reborn Hell God grabbed him by the lapel of his jacket and pulled him toward her. "Mama wants some din din." Because Glory/Jenny was technically acting in self-defense, it negated the effect of Giles' protection spell. With her free hand, Glory/Jenny reached into Giles's head.

"Oh yes!" Glory cried orgasmically as she finally felt her mind began to settle and cohere with the energies absorbed from Giles. "Hey," she suddenly cried. "Wait, that's not supposed to-" Glory was cut off as she pulled back her hand in pain. Her hand, all the way up to her forearm, turned to dust. Giles stumbled back as Glory looked at what was once Jenny's left hand. It now just seemed to be a pile of dust on the floor. She grabbed at her head with the hand she still had. "Guess that spell worked better than I thought."

Buffy caught Giles, who appeared to still be cognizant unlike Glory's usual victims. Glory/Jenny readied for another attack when Illyria slammed her body against a coffin.

"Remove yourself from this vessel," Illyria warned as she jabbed two blue fingers into Glory/Jenny's neck wound.

"Ow, hey hey stop it, chica!" Glory cried out.

"Get out of that body," Giles growled as he began to power up another spell in his hand.

"STOP IT! EVERYBODY!" Buffy shouted at those surrounding her. She was still cradling Ben, who was bleeding out of his nose. "We don't have time for this!"
I am the Watcher. It is my task to note all events of significance in this part of the cosmos. Only to note them, never to interfere. This task brings me great joy, and great sorrow.

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 26 Feb 2014, 02:30

Anya had been staring blankly for what felt like an eternity while she processed her surroundings. This 'Deeper Well' was completely new to her, which was disturbing, because she was a 1,000-year-old justice demon. You'd think she would have taken the effort to learn about it by now, but Anya had a problem with learning about anything that wasn't immediately beneficial to her.

Although she remained entranced while the antics whirled around her, hearing Giles say her name snapped her back to reality. Oh good! He still trusted her and considered her one of the good guys, along with Buffy. "Giles, I'm so sorry for your loss," she told him after he finished speaking. "If you need to talk with someone, you can always ask Buffy. I'm still not great with this death thing and I find people people get mad at me when I try to talk about it so I've learned to stay silent on the matter."

"But I agree that if anyone tries to mess with us, they're dust," she added, glancing in the direction of Glory.
"Why am I even listening to you to begin with? You're a virgin who can't drive."