Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

BG #68: Big Trouble in Little Madripoor

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
medium13

Post by medium13 » 03 Oct 2013, 10:18

Karma felt bile rise up in her throat.  She wasn't an accomplished flirt, but Tyger Tiger and Stark's exchange of DNA schtick was disgusting. Madripool was so gross. It was like everything that was civilized came here to die.  With Omega Red dead, it seemed like Karma had wasted a vote. He was the most obvious suspect to poison a group except for Dragoness who was behind the bar and serving drinks for one night only.   

Wings

Post by Wings » 03 Oct 2013, 12:53

With the death of the closest thing she had to a mother, Jessica could almost be forgiven for believing that this plot was aimed at her and not Tyger Tiger. Of course, the deaths of Omega Red and X-23 disproved that theory.

Jessan's plan seemed sound but with several of the others out of action, the only apparent candidate was Lady Deathstrike. Was Jessan willing to trust her? Even if she was willing to take the risk, Logan certainly wouldn't.

"No", Jessica said. "Everyone should stay close to each other so we can watch each other backs."

Jessica didn't say watch she was thinking, that that was the easiest way to get stabbed in the back too. Especially if her suspicions regarding Yukio and Dragoness were proved correct.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 03 Oct 2013, 13:06

Despite having been somewhat sympathetic to the man previously, Gambit found it hard to be upset about the deaths of Viper and Omega Red. True, it was awful that someone was killing the people in the bar off, and he hoped to God the next victim wasn't someone like himself, Logan or Laura, amongst others. But Viper and Omega Red? They were hardly losses. In fact - they were likely to make life for the X-Men a lot easier.Dashing behind the bar, Remy lined up Old fashioned glasses for all present, then mixed Herbsaint, Bourbon, and bitters together, then poured into the glasses over ice. 'A drink!' he announced. 'To absent friends, and absent enemies'Karma and Deathstrike

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 03 Oct 2013, 13:12

The Tyger ignored the illing Gambit's proposal. She certainly would not be drinking anything for the rest of the evening that she did not prepare herself.

Jessan eyed the Spider curiously. At this point, the girl was barely managing to maintain her composure. Or was that simply an act? Was the Spider trying to bring them all into her web at once for the killing strike?

"Spider Woman," the Tyger began. "It would seem quite obvious that we no longer require you to watch over the Viper. Perhaps you'd like to take up Gambit's post?"

Jessan smiled and turned, refusing to await a response. She brushed her fingers across the dagger hidden within her robes. She was almost certain she would have need of it soon.

Kipe2013-10-03 13:13:19

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 03 Oct 2013, 15:03

"Warriors are being killed here, before I could test my skills against them... this is madness... and my telepathy isn't even capable of telling me who this killer is..."

Mister X was thinking to himself.

"But at least I know that when I do find out I will have found myself a magnificent opponent.."

A grin appeared on his face, whilst eyeing Tyger Tiger and Yukio as his prime suspects at the moment.

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 03 Oct 2013, 15:16

Jessan narrowed her eyes at the ridiculous man.

"Every warrior in this room could beat you five times over," she lethally smiled at Mr. X. "Were you ever to face an opponent that could take them all down...well...that magnificent opponent would wear your entrails for quite some time I'd imagine."

"Tyger," Patch growled.

"Stay out of this, Patch." Jessan reached her hand inside her robe. "This man's been fiending for a challenge the entire time. His complaints never cease! I cannot allow him to continue his dishonourable drivel while honoured warriors fall to a coward!"

Before Patch could intervene, the Tyger pounced and withdrew her dagger. She brought it to the neck of Mr. X.

"Do you truly want a challenge?"

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 03 Oct 2013, 15:53

Mr. X began to smile, "yes please ma'am"

Wings

Post by Wings » 03 Oct 2013, 16:05

How could Jessan have forgotten that Jessica had been posted to the back door with Karma? It was becoming clear to Jessica that Jessan was getting far too big for her boots.
This arrogance of hers was getting to Jessica. Tyger Tiger was too sure of herself to understand  the possibility that she could make a mistake. She was picking fights and alienating her allies when she should have been doing the opposite.

As Tyger Tiger held the dagger to Mr. X's throat, Jessica let the bioelectric charge within her build and setting her venom blast to stun, she released the energy hitting Jessan and causing her to crumple to the floor. As she dropped to the ground, Jessica jumped up onto the ceiling. Tyger Tiger would recover quickly, hopefully having learned a lesson in humility.

"Everyone, stay here," she said as she clang to the ceiling, observing the other patrons. Mr. X was obviously dissapointed he's missed out on a fight. "I'll try to keep us all covered."Wings2013-10-03 16:07:33

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 03 Oct 2013, 16:22

"Keep us all covered, or keep us in your line of fire!" Jessan bellowed as she grasped for her fallen dagger. Quickly rising into a crouching position Jessan let loose her blade with a swift throw.

The blade slid through flesh before grinding against bone and finally sinking itself into the wood of the ceiling.

Jessan stood and looked at The Spider. The dagger penned her hand to the ceiling. Having more honour than perhaps Jessan had thought, Jessica refused to cry out in pain.

"Yes, why don't you stay there and keep us all covered," Jessan smirked. "A most brilliant idea I must say. I do acquiesce to your proposal to be posted on the ceiling. Guard us well, little spider."

With that, Jessan briskly walked to the back, ignoring Patch's growl. This had already gone on too long, and Jessan knew it was going to get worse before it got better. She stood at the back of the bar and watched the Dragon and the Thief as they poured their drinks. Kipe2013-10-03 16:26:05

Wings

Post by Wings » 03 Oct 2013, 18:34

The knife might have hurt an ordinary person but for someone with Jessica's superhuman durability,it was barely a pinprick. She tugged and the knife came out, covered in her blood. She saw Patch's eyes on her, willing her not to let Hoan get to her. Too late. Racing after her, Jessica halted as Hoan turned and smirked. "Face it Tyger, you just hit the jackpot," Jessica snarled. First Jessica doused Hoan in a plume of pheromones, leaving her open to a kick to the stomach before Jessica let off a string of venom blasts. "Stupid move, Jessan," Spider-Woman said. "We're meant to be protecting you. And that includes protecting you from yourself."

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 03 Oct 2013, 18:42

"You self-righteous Gaijin!" Jessan screamed. "It's a good thing the Viper died before seeing her 'daughter' dishonor herself so."

As the last of the venom blasts wore off (for Jessan was made of much stronger stuff than Jessica realized. In a way, Jessan supposed she had Deathstryke and Pretty Boy to thank for that) Jessan grabbed at her thigh.

Surely Jessica Drew, even being the foolish cow that she was, had not been dumb enough to think that Jessan would disarm herself of her only weapon.

Jessica kicked her yet again in the stomach as she aimed another deadly venom blast. It was too late. Jessan was already armed.

As Patch moved to get between them, Dragoness backed away against the liquor shelves. Jessan grabbed Jessica's arm and smiled.

"Then came the rain and washed the spider out..."

With that, Jessan cut off Jessica Drew's right hand.

Patch grabbed Jessan by the throat and unsheathed a claw against her jugular.

"She is the traitor," Jessan seethed. "Kill me or kill her, either way we will both die as soon as you let me go."

Kipe2013-10-03 18:43:36

Wings

Post by Wings » 03 Oct 2013, 19:22

"Jess! Are you okay?" Jessica heard Tony ask. "I'm fine," she said, smiling through the pain. "But... Your hand...", she heard him say. "You'll reattach it or grow me a new one. Or Reed Richards will or Hank Pym."                                                                                                

"Because," Jessica continued. "I've got more friends than I can count. I'm lucky even after all that I've been through. Morgan Le Fay, Charlotte Witter, HYDRA, the Skrulls... And I'm still better off than she is." Jessica finished as she cast a glance at Jessan. She plucked the knife off the ground. Jessica had wanted to give Hoan a fair chance and the woman certainly gave as much as she got. But now she had been exposed for what she actually was rather than wha she pretended to be.                                                              

"Just one more thing," Jessica said. "Would you mind helping me to stop the bleeding?" That was as far as Jessica got before she passed out. Wings2013-10-04 15:02:49

QDLux29

Post by QDLux29 » 03 Oct 2013, 20:46

Girl. The DRAMA was THICK!!!

As Dragoness pressed herself against the liquor bottles, away from the Tyger/Spider fight, she couldn't help but feel excited that the shiz was going down! It reminded her of her youth, when her parents would get drunk, bored and bloody with each other. And also of her extremely sadomasochistic relationship with Wildside, their fights as to who would be on top always ended with him bleeding, and her getting her way with him.

She also remembered how nice a bonfire Omega Red had made. She was pretty sure that the rubbing alcohol helped in keeping that giant Ruskie burning outside. She smiled.

As for all this Viper nonsense, lesbi-honest: NO ONE CARES. Mommy issues are so 1996, and the only thing that happened worth mentioning in 96 was Lisa Marie's divorce from Michael Jackson.

Speaking of has-bians, Karma was looking extra special and rancid. And she's probs totes getting off on the girl on girl floor show happening right now. She & Iron Man are both trying to conceal their boners with their concern.

At least now that Gambit is behind the bar, Tamara could get a better look at that chiseled backside. He is seriously the reason that tight pants were invented. Him making these so called drinks for his homegirl (and also suspect lesbian) Yukio is nice, but Dragoness is fairly certain she'll stick to her own whiskey.

Damn, now she's gotta go find a mop to clean up spider blood...

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 03 Oct 2013, 20:53

"Well, this is definitely the least exciting way I've pricked a woman," he said after taking a sample of Yukio's blood. She was the last sample he needed. He had now collected blood samples for each of the patrons at the bar. "Still," he said extracting a drop of blood on a slide and placing it on a round table cluttered with slides, "Pepper will be pleased to know I was safe." He lifted the sleeve of his suit jacket to look down at a small display on his undersuit, "Ironically I had created this program after a Russian supermodel and I did a bit of research on genetic grafting." A line of blue light swept over the blood samples, "And I know what you're all thinking, but she was really into the process. Really dived in, head first. Wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty, just took it all in. I can go on, because she did.." He strummed his hands against his wrist, categorizing the samples as they appeared on his display, "Unfortunately our work left me with some, uncomfortable side effects, but that's the risk of great scientific discovery."With one last strum, he put down his sleeve, "The point of my story is that this program was originally used to discover any sort of unfriendly infection in the body, but I've just recalibrated it to detect only the poison. Once it does, the program should even be able to tell us how to cure it too, though I doubt a dose of penicillin will cure this one." And than the cat fight broke out and for a moment, Tony forgot all about blood samples and maybe being poisoned, because the only thing better than two hot girls going at it, were two hot girls going at it.At least he was enjoying it until Jessica lost a hand. He caught her as she passed out, gently carrying her to a chair and wrapping an old rag around the stump. It would do for now. Next he ran and grabbed a bucket of ice and put Jessica's dismembered hand inside it, suppressing all 'give me a hand' and 'bad hand job' jokes as he did so. He wasn't sure if he could help regrew a hand, but he knew if he at least kept the hand on ice, Reed should be able to do something. God forbid she ended up like poor Karma. Poor Karma.

XtremeOne12013-10-03 20:57:31

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 03 Oct 2013, 21:04

"Logan-san", Deathstrike said as she walked towards him. "Please release the Tiger so that I can finish her." Deathstrike said as she extended her claws.

"Like hell Oyama." Wolverine replied. "I ain't letting you kill her, not yet anyways."

"Hmm, well let me know when you change your mind." Deathstrike said as she started back towards the bar.

"If you wanna make yourself useful, help Spiderwoman."

"Fine." Oyama replied as she took off her bandana and started to tie it around Spiderwoman's arm.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 03 Oct 2013, 21:16

"Thought you'd be the first in line to see Viper's corpse," Wolverine said to Yukio from across the room. "Go on and check it out, maybe you'll spot something the others missed."

He really didn't notice my collapse before! Yukio thought. "Poor guy must be so distracted, especially with X-23's death.

"Come on, Yukio! Ain't like you to sit on your ass," Logan shouted. "Gimme a hand, willya?"

"Mon dieu, Logan," Gambit said, stepping to the side of Yukio. "Can you not see that the girl is-OOF"

Yukio elbowed Gambit hard in the gut. "I'll meet you in there, Patch!" she shouted.

"Quit hovering around like a damn nurse or that's exactly what you'll need!" Yukio said as he pushed Gambit out of the way and began the struggle to get up. "I'm fine!" she said to Gambit, who was eyeing her cautiously.

"Fine?" Iron Man said as he was still attending to the barely conscious Spider-Woman. "In that case, mind if I take another blood sample? Some of them were damaged in the catfight."

"In your dreams, playboy," Yukio spat back. "You managed to prick me while I was recovering but I know how you work. You take some of my blood and then I see a clone of me fighting alongside you, or perhaps a Yukio-Class battle armor with my skill set? You best get out of my face, Stark, because you just popped up in the worst place to be: my radar!"

"How dare you!" Spider-Woman said, leaning on Tony's shoulder, trying to stop the excessive bleeding. "Tony's trying to help figure things out, unlike you! All night long, you've acted like a rabid-dog! Pawing over Wolverine like that! You're making everyone sick, including Logan!"

Yukio can't recall a time she felt so angry. Words failed. She would have attempted to rip off Jessica's head, if her body allowed her. But a fight between a semi-paralyzed ninja and a one-handed C-List superhero was no fight at all. And so Yukio took the high road but she'd be damned if she didn't get the last laugh.

Meanwhile, Logan stood over Viper's body in the backroom. Suddenly Jessica's disembodied hand slid by his foot and crashed into Viper's head.

"What the flamin' hell!" Logan said, turning to find Yukio leaning against the doorway.

"What? You said you needed a hand," she said with a grin.Quick and Dead2013-10-03 21:33:01

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 04 Oct 2013, 03:31

Round Four"Goddammit, Yukio, this ain't a joke!" Patch snarled. He picked up the hand and pressed it firmly against her chest. "Get this thing back on ice. Jessica needs serious medical attention. Not somethin' we can treat here. I've gotta take her to a hospital.""Hey calm down, Logan, I was just playing around," Yukio said. "Besides, she'll be fine. Don't spiders regrow their limbs or something?"Out of nowhere, Tyger Tiger suddenly appeared behind Yukio in the doorway. "None do that I know of," she said, smirking. "This spider should have been more careful about choosing her prey.""Shut yer trap, Hoan! I've had it," Patch barked as he slammed his fist into the wall near Jessan's head. "Jess is an old pal of mine, and she ain't no killer! I'm starting to question if yer even worth protecting." Patch knew the Tyger's mental reprogramming had left her ruthless—sociopathic even—but he'd never seen her do this to an ally. What other secrets did she have up her sleeve? Taking leave of her and Yukio, Patch marched over to Stark, who was tending to Drew's injury at one of the tables. Someone had wrapped a dirty rag and a used bandana around her bloody stump. "What idiot wrapped a grungy headband around her gaping wound? You trying to give her gangrene?" Patch asked, forgetting Spider-Woman's immunity to poisons. At least Deathstrike had enough sense to use her dirty bandana as a tourniquet. She was being awfully courteous for someone who'd just as soon kill them all. "Iron Man, she needs serious medical attention. I'm taking her to a hospital. Game's over," Patch said. Now irate, Tyger Tiger spoke up behind him. "Patch, you fool! No one leaves until we've identified my would-be killer," she said, slamming her trusty book on the table. "Otherwise, our friends died in vain!""That's no excuse to send more people down that path, Hoan. Besides, way you're behaving, I'm not even convinced there was an outside threat," he replied, wondering if he'd overlooked anything peculiar about the so-called death note she'd received. He turned to the bar and addressed the help. "Tamara, I'm taking Drew to the hospital. Grab my keys—they're in bedroom upstairs.""Heck yeah, Mr. Patch!" Tamara said. As she ran upstairs to grab them, she wondered why he hadn't asked Karma, but then remembered that Karma only had one leg and was a lesbian.Eying Dragoness as she left the room, Patch asked Tony if he found anything in the blood samples. "Well, actually, yes," Stark replied. "It's just mild death spore poisoning. Apparently our Ruskie friend left us a little present. Fortunately it's nothing a shot of adrenalin and a good night's sleep can't handle." He began to explain to Logan the biological process involved in detail.Meanwhile, upstairs, Dragoness approached what she assumed to be the bedroom where Logan stayed when he visited the bar. Something about the door seemed eerie, but she shrugged off the feeling. It wasn't unfounded, though; who runs off an errand by herself when there's a killer loose? Hadn't any of them every seen a slasher movie? However, Dragoness didn't want to fail an assignment for a big-shot like Wolverine, so she steeled her nerves and opened the door. As soon as the door opened, a gust of air rushed into the room from the hallway. Tamara had just enough time to process what was about to hit her. As the oxygen reignited the dormant flames in the room, she turned and shouted down the hallway: Consuming Dragoness—aided no doubt by the rubbing alcohol Omega Red had splashed on her clothes—the outward burst of flames rushed down the hallway. The explosion rocked the upstairs. A heavy section of ceiling collapsed in front of the bar's front door, blocking it. Quick on their feet, the remaining civilian patrons in the bar rushed to the back exit, unaware of the danger that awaited them. As soon as they rounded the final corner that led to the exit, they were met with another wall of flames.Hounded by flames, Gambit, Karma, Deathstrike and Mister X all sprang to their feet. "We got to split, mes amis!" Gambit said to his peers as the alcohol-soaked bar top transformed into a fiery serpent. Karma cried out that both exits were blocked. Mister X offered to punch a hole in the wall so they could escape. Deathstrike, undaunted by the inferno around them, laughed at the absurdity of his suggestion. "I got a better idea! This bar's over a series of Shanghai tunnels! Hoan, get everyone to the trap door in the back!" he shouted, using his body to shield his friends from the flames. Stark pulled Jessica's good arm over his shoulder and helped her along as they followed the Tyger to the trap door. After she hoisted open the hatch, Stark climbed down the ladder and helped the barely conscious Jessica find her footing. Hoan and Yukio came next, followed, by Gambit, Karma, Mister X (who leaped down without aid), Deathstrike and, finally, Patch. He took one last look at the fiery bar before shutting the sturdy metal door. Now down in the dark tunnels beneath Lowtown, the uncertain allies collected themselves. "Who'd we lose?" Stark asked. "Everyone made it but the Dragoness," Deathstrike said, examining the gathered with her cybernetics. After Gambit asked where dese tunnels lead, Patch took a moment to light a cigarette. The light the match cast on his face made it clear he was growing tired of losing people to this killer. "Hoan's not gonna like it, but this tunnel used to lead to one of them slave brothels," he grumbled. Jessan glared at him. "I suggest we get going before the floor collapses on us."------Your general goal this round is to make your way to the old slave brothel at the end of the system of tunnels. The Paranoia Kill is still active. Remember, you have to reveal when you accrue 12 votes. Deadline to post for this round is Sunday, October 6 at 9 PM PST.

Wings

Post by Wings » 04 Oct 2013, 06:58

Jessica fell silent as Tony helped her along. She wasn't going to be of much help from now on, Tyger Tiger had made sure of that. Jessan cast another glare in Jessica's direction. "I still have a free hand, Tyger." Jessica warned. "If I wanted to kill you I could." As if to prove her point, Jessica let bioelectric energy crackle in her hand. They needed more light than she could provide. It was a shame Dragoness wasn't here. Unable to see her allies (or enemies) clearly, Jessica hoped one of them had spared a thought for her hand on the way out. She couldn't believe Yukio's nerve. "Tony," she called weakly to her Avengers teammate. "I need to stop for a second." Jessica leaned against the wall as she caught her breath. "Do you think you can illuminate the tunnel? It's hard to keeping my footing in the dark." As she waited for Tony's reply she observed Yukio. She still couldn't say she trusted her or even if she was honest with herself, Tony. Wings2013-10-04 15:08:27

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 04 Oct 2013, 10:35

The Wild One has 12 votes. Yukio, are you the one making a power play to become the new ruler of Madripoor?

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 04 Oct 2013, 12:06

Jessan walked behind the group. She no longer trusted anyone among them to be at her back. She was also in no hurry to get to the tunnel's end.

The group stopped as Jessica Drew leaned up against the dirty tunnel walls. Tony saw to her and Gambit once again took on his role as nurse maid.

While everyone was distracted with checking on Jessica, Patch walked back for a word with Jessan.

"We should leave her behind," Jessan preempted whatever Patch was about to say. "She's useless to us now."

"Because you took her f*cking hand," Patch reminded Jessan in a hushed tone.

"She dishonoured me by interrupting my right of challenge," Jessan whispered in objection. "She attacked me, and then didn't have the sense to stay down, or rather up, after being bested." Jessan folded her arms and looked at Logan sternly. "So I disarmed her."

"That was her hand," Patch growled.

"And now she has one less weapon to assail me with." Jessan raised her eyebrow.

"Don't make me keep you in line, Tyger," Patch warned.

Jessan smiled. She turned her back to him while still keeping eye contact over her shoulder. She let her robe slowly slip a little off her shoulders.

Patch recognized the hilt of a blade that must have been strapped to her back. But it wasn't the hilt of just any blade and Patch would recognize it anywhere.

The Tyger shrugged her fox fur robe back over her shoulders, hiding yet again the Muramasa sword.

"How dare you," Patch growled. "How did you even--"

"I'm the crimelord of Madripoor," Jessan darkly reminded him. "If I want something found, somebody finds it for me."

"Why?"

"Did you really think I'd ask you here without any insurance?" Jessan ignored Patch's pained, betrayed look. "You've been mind-controlled and brainwashed more than anyone present. I would never hurt you, Patch. You know that. But how could I possibly know whether you were an assassin or not?"

"I'm through," Patch spat as he lit a cigar in the dark tunnel. "I'm through with protecting you. Your position in Madripoor be damned. I'm getting everyone else out of this alive. You can look after yourself Tyger."

Patch turned his back on Jessan and rejoined the others. He looked after Jessica. Like Jessan, he knew she wouldn't last long.

Jessan pulled her robe around her tighter. She was losing allies left and right. If only that foolish girl had allowed her to do away with the threat of Mr. X.

It was of no matter, she supposed. She would kill every single person in the tunnel if that's what she had to do to keep balance in Madripoor.

She walked ahead of the group, no longer allowing herself to fear any of them.

"Come," she called to the others. "The brothel awaits us and I'm sure some of you are in a hurry to slake your various lusts."

(OOC: Karma and Deathstryke)Kipe2013-10-04 12:12:25

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 05 Oct 2013, 13:15

Jessan turned and walked through an archway in the tunnel on her way to the brothel. She caught a glimpse out of the corner of her eye just before a set of adamantium talons slashed through her robe. "What do I want?" Deathstrike said to Jessan with a leer. "You carry a weapon capable of cutting through adamantium. The Muramasa Katana is far more interesting than whatever yowamushi lurk in that brothel."

"You want this blade?" Jessan said as she turned to face Deathstrike. "Then you'll have to..." Jessan stopped as she realized Deathstrike had cut through the straps holding the sheath to her back. The sword clattered as it slipped out of her shredded robe and fell to the floor. Jessan looked at it for a second then looked back at Deathstrike just in time to see Deathstrike charge at her with a running tackle. Jessan moved to avoid it but before she could grab the sword she was knocked off her feet and slid away from the sword. She quickly lunged for it again, but Deathstrike jabbed her talons through Jessan's arm into the floor and grabbed the sword for herself.

"Heh, I showed mercy to Spiderwoman mainly because I wanted to make you suffer. And Yukio? I don't really like her, but with her enthusiasm for combat she'd make an excellent jinzoningen. You though? You're as trustworty as a snake. I will rejoice to see you end up crippled for life." Deathstrike said as she put her foot on Jessan's arm before pulling out her talons.

"I will kill.." Jessan started to say before Deathstrike cut her off by kicking her to the side of the hall with her metal boot.

"Deathstrike!" Wolverine yelled as he ran towards her.

"Catch me if you can!" Deathstrike said as she ran down the tunnel with bionic speed.

OOC: votes for Tiger and Stark.marhawkman2013-10-05 13:17:06

Wings

Post by Wings » 05 Oct 2013, 14:41

Jessica watched as Deathstrike raced of with the Muramasa Blade with Wolverine in hot pursuit. She had always known that Logan could get reckless. He had a healing factor, he had an excuse. But the Muramasa Blade could counteract that healing factor.
With the adrenaline that was pumping through her veins, Jessica managed to keep pace with Logan. She fired a venom blast down the tunnel. Deathstrike managed to dodge it but Jessica briefly got a lock on her position.

"Logan! She's trying to draw you out!" Jessica yelled as they followed in hot pursuit. She felt herself begin to fall behind as her exertion caught up with her.

"Doesn't matter! We can either go after her or wait for her to stab us in the back! I'll take my chances." Logan said.

"Sorry," Jessica muttered as she struck Logan with a venom blast with the force of a lightning bolt. It wouldn't keep him down for long but it would keep him down for long enough. 

Firing yet another venom blast Jessica saw Deathstrike dart down a side tunnel to her right. Jessica moved to intercept, diving down another one which was closer. As she turned she found herself face to face with Deathstrike. She wielded the Muramasa Blade in one hand and Jessica watched as she extended the Adamantium in the other.

Jessica began charging up another venom blast as Deathstrike leered at her. If she could get off one good shot...Wings2013-10-05 15:11:45

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 05 Oct 2013, 15:27

Deathstrike smirked as the one-handed Spiderwoman challenged her. "nice try, but I have no interest in actually using this blade just yet." Deathstrike said as she kicked a supporting column towards Spiderwoman and ran the other way as the roof started to collapse. "I hope we meet again." Deathstrike said as she ducked a venom blast.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 05 Oct 2013, 15:32

"Surprised you're not jumping in on the action with them, Yukio," Tyger said, referring to Spider-Woman and Patch's pursuit of Lady Deathstrike.

Yukio was far behind the group, practically crawling alongside the sewer walls.

"Oh... that's right," Tyger said with a grin. "The Wild One is crippled."

Knowing that it was time to face the facts or else perish, Yukio turned to the one person she could trust.

"Gambit..." Yukio called. "Help."

"What's that?" Gambit said, walking back towards her. "Speak up, I can't hear you."

"Gambit, please," Yukio said. "I'm... Sorry for the way I treated you tonight."

Gambit looked at her with pity.

"It's been going on way before tonight, friend," Gambit said as he reached out his hand which was immediately grabbed by Yukio. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't leave you here. Way I see it, we may start running into less trouble without you around."

"That's not true!" Yukio said. "I'm INNOCENT of this whole mess, I swear. I came here to help and with your assistance, I may still be able to do that."

Gambit looked at her for a moment and finally helped her up.

Wrapped in Gambit's arms, Yukio struggled to remain proud when the others began to notice.

"Hey, Gambit," Yukio said shyly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything, chere," Gambit replied with sympathy for the poor girl.

"Do you guys still have that fancy yellow hovering wheelchair laying around?"

Votes: Karma and Tyger

Quick and Dead2013-10-06 17:54:26

Wings

Post by Wings » 05 Oct 2013, 16:21

"Dammit!" Spider-Woman yelled, dodging the support column as Yuriko made her getaway. If only she had fired a second earlier...
She made her way back to Logan. He was still out but he was coming around. At least if she had got the blade back she would have been able to justify what she had done. She hoped that Logan would understand.

Again she let her hand glow green as energy crackled in her palm letting the rest of the group know where they were.Wings2013-10-05 16:23:47