unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

BG #68: Big Trouble in Little Madripoor

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 25 Sep 2013, 01:25

Round One"Hey Lindsay! Six shots of Wild Turkey," Jessica Drew shouted at the lone server in Lowtown's Princess Bar—a woman who happened to be her former partner and one of her best friends. "Actually, Lindz, make that five," Tony Stark interjected. "I'm still sober Jess, remember?""Whatever, I was a Skrull or something, I don't remember everything that's happened in your life," Jess retorted."When you two finish bickering, can we return to the matter at hand?" Tyger Tiger interrupted. She was growing frustrated with the banter at her table, as it was derailing her train of thought. "People all over this city—including several in this very room," she said audibly in the direction of Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike and Dragoness, "—have made it clear they intend to wrest control of Madripoor from me. I still say this power grab has no legitimacy. I maintained control in the city long before Daken arrived, and I have continued to do so since his disappearance.""Not if you count dat incident with Hachi," Gambit interjected. Tyger Tiger shot him an icy glare. "You mean that time you and your team attacked the city at her request?" she asked. "Whose side are you on, anyway?" It wasn't clear if her question was meant solely for Gambit, or if she intended for Hachi's sister, Karma, to hear. "Chère, we just here to help," Gambit replied. X-23, who stood guard near the Tyger's table, nodded in silent agreement. "Right," Stark said. "And I may no longer be the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I still have an interest in making sure law prevails in this city. We've got your back, Ms. Hoan.""But who's got your back?" an eerie voice said from across the room—a voice that belonged to Yuriko Oyama. "You would be wise to keep watching yours, Tyger Tiger. With the chaos of Madripoor, it seems you have your namesake by the tail." With that, she and her drinking buddy, Arkady Rossovich, broke out into raucous laughter. They clinked their champagne glasses together and continued smiling like complete assholes, as if they were celebrating something known only to them. Tamara Kurtz, dressed in civilian clothes, stood behind them. She had a strange expression on her face, as if she were on the verge of piecing something together. Jessan Hoan slammed her fist on the table. "Madripoor is mine!" she said, shouting in Omega Red's direction. "I've worked too hard to maintain order in this city to lose it to a couple of psychopaths or a girl who pretends she's a dragon.""Hey!" Dragoness barked back at the Tyger. "Don't lump me in with these two! I'm here tonight because this is my favorite place in Lowtown to drink. I'm from here, you know.""And I'm only here because the Princess Bar is always good for a fight," said a shirtless tattooed man further down the bar. After cracking his knuckles and lowering his sunglasses, Mister X returned to the task that had been occupying his time for the last fifteen minutes: hitting on Yukio, who sat inert next to him at the bar. After rebuffing his latest pass, Yukio sighed and turned to the one man in the room she trusted. "Hey Patch," she said, "any advice for getting this douchebag to leave me alone?""I'd say kick his ass," Logan replied, "but that just seems to make him obsess even more. Best to ignore him. I need you alert." Lighting his cigarette, Patch strolled back across the crowded bar toward the Tyger's table. He passed by Karma on the way, who was sitting with total strangers—was she trying to blend in or something?—before arriving at X-23's side. "Laura. Keep an eye on the ones at the bar. Something tells me they might make their move soon.""Your reminder is appreciated, but unnecessary," Laura coolly replied. "I have been watching them for the last hour without interruption.""Good girl," Patch said. Just then, Lindsay McCabe returned with their round of drinks. Logan, Jessan, Remy and Jessica all knocked one back. "Tastes funny. Who're these two for?" Patch asked Lindsay."Oops, brought one extra! Guess I'll have to take two," Lindsay giggled, downing the shots. Eying all the unknowns in the room, Patch turned to the current ruler of Madripoor. "Jessan, I gotta ask: what're you even doing here? This place is dangerous, especially when there's a hit out on you.""Logan, I must not show fear in front of my enemies. Once I do that, they will never stop. I would much rather face their threat in the open."Suddenly, a new song came on over the jukebox; Tamara had played a track by Radiohead. As the familiar notes began playing loudly throughout the already noisy room, the sound of broken glass attracted Patch's attention. He turned and saw Karma's haggard table neighbor grabbing her by the arm. "Shan!" he yelled. "Arrêtes!" Karma shouted at her attacker. While she struggled to break away, laughter erupted from the other end of the bar. Logan shoved his way over to Karma, but the attack ceased as quickly as it started; Karma wasn't defenseless, after all. Meanwhile, a tray of glasses fell to the floor and shattered behind the bar. Logan turned and saw that Yukio had slapped her would-be suitor across the face. Even with his heightened senses, the room was a flurry of commotion to Logan, and with his diminutive stature, for a moment he lost sight of everyone's location in the crowd. Behind all this noise, he heard a commotion coming from somewhere in the back of the bar. His ears and nose perked up. Something was wrong. "Jessan!" he shouted. "Logan, I'm all right," Tyger Tiger replied. She heard the crashing sounds now too. "Where's Lindsay?""McCabe!" Spider-Woman shrieked. She, Jessan and Stark all leaped out of their seats and ran with Logan behind the bar and into the kitchen. They followed a trail of destruction into the storage pantry, where they discovered the battered body of Lindsay McCabe. Her face had been beaten to an almost unrecognizable pulp—but that wasn't the most gruesome part. One of her legs had been ripped off her body and flung across the room. There was blood everywhere. Jessica Drew immediately burst into tears. Logan pulled her in his arms and let her head rest against his chest. "She was a good kid. Didn't deserve this. Not many people do," he said. He turned to the Tyger, who stood there expressionless. Her face had gone white as a ghost. "I reckon your rival's made their first move, Jessan. Trying to hit you where it hurts. Sure you don't want to get somewhere safe?"Tyger Tiger thought for a moment, then calmly spoke to Logan. "Not until we've made whoever did this pay."----The TallyOpen voting. Reveal at 12 votes. Some characters may have special roles, so watch out. Deadline to post is Friday at 5 PM PST. Next round goes up no later than Saturday at 12 PM PST.

sixhoursoflucy2013-09-25 03:37:25

QDLux29

Post by QDLux29 » 25 Sep 2013, 16:52

Hours Ago:

After her embarrassment at not making it through to Superhero Idol, Tamara Kurtz, better known as Dragoness, went back to her homeland Madripoor. She hoped that coming back to Lowtown would rejuvenate her. She spent months out of costume and just living. Going to the Princess Bar, an old teenage hangout of hers, to drink her problems away.

She'd heard that Tyger's hold on the underground of Madripoor was being called into question, but really didn't want to take on all that responsibility herself. She was much more of a follower. She'd come to the Princess Bar tonight, not to stake a claim, but to get a couple of non-alcholic smoothies, maybe score some hottie Lowtowner (or even not so hottie, let's face it, she had low standards, even for Lowtown), and head home. When she arrived she'd noticed some big players in the room. Tyger Tiger. Deathstrike. Omega Red. Spider-Woman. Even the legendary Patch himself.

The red-headed waitress took way to long with her drink order. Smoothies were, obviously, the bane of every bar tenders existence, but Tamara was on a cleanse this week. She was trying to get back into costume shape! She tried not to speak up too often. She hung out near the jukebox, behind Arkady & Oyama. She wanted to appear tough, but didn't want to have them draw their attention to her. She picked a Radiohead song, followed by Miley Cyrus. However before Miley could get her wrecking ball on, all hell broke loose.

Now:

Dragoness looked at the waitress' severed leg. What an odd thing to rip off a victim. She liked the originality of the kill, but why the no-name waitress? If this was a bid for Lowtown or even all of Madripoor, why not go straight to the top with Tyger Tiger? Or even the assassin Yukio?

One thing was for sure, Tamara Kurtz had picked the wrong night to quit drinking.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 25 Sep 2013, 17:41

Last time Yukio was in Madripoor, she swore to herself that it would be her last time. She had said that the time before that too. The city dragged people back like the devil drags people back to hell. Once you stepped foot in the city, you'd have business to take care of there for the rest of your days.

Wolverine wanted someone familiar with the darkest parts of the underworld at his side for this mission. And when Wolverine asked Yukio for a favor, she did it, no questions asked. Especially when he wore that eye patch...

Plus Yukio had heard Logan dumped that Latina bimbo he was fooling around with. Ever since Yukio met Wolverine, it seemed like something or someone prevented them from being together. Mariko. The mourning of Mariko. Jean Grey. The mourning of Jean Grey. Viper. Jean Grey. Melita Garner. Yukio being in a wheelchair... Perhaps a sleazy adventure in Madripoor would finally reignite the spark that was lit so long ago. Just the two of them.

At least that's what Yukio thought until she stepped into Princess Bar in Lowtown.

"Oh hell," Yukio said upon walking in and seeing X-23 and Gambit. "He brought his damn kid with him! And the cajun!"

"Ah. The lovely wild one. It's been too long, chere," Gambit said as he kissed Yukio's hand. "Have you met-"

"Stop right there, bodo. I need a few dozen drinks before I can listen to the likes of you and that awful accent," Yukio said as she slinked away to the bar.

Yukio had little luck there either as she was hit on by Mister X. Hoping it would make Logan jealous, she brought it to his attention but he seemed preoccupied with the mission. Ah, the mission- Yukio had almost forgot. His usefulness to her shattered, she pushed Mister X away aggressively and just as she began to inspect the room, chaos erupted and the bartender was found dead.

Damn it! Yukio had let her feelings for Wolverine get in the way of her job and now an innocent girl was dead. Like a little girl, I am! The best way to impress Logan on this trip is to clean up this Madripoor mess before it gets out of hand. Looks like I'm already too late. This place is full of seedy suspects, even for Lowtown. Lady Deathstrike! Whether she's responsible for the bartender's death or not, she's always plotting against poor Logan. After all he's been through, I'd love to put an end to her vileness once and for all.Quick and Dead2013-09-25 19:01:34

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 25 Sep 2013, 19:44

THEN:The motion of the waves against the boat filled Arkady with an unpleasant sense of nausea. He thought that he'd read somewhere that eating something before a boat ride was meant to cure sea-sickness, but every time he tried to sate his hunger, he tended to end up with a new arrest warrant. The hunger, the insatiable desire to just wrap his carbonadium tentacles around someone's throat and squeeze the life out of them while absorbing their physical energy in order to sustain himself... and also a mild craving for some cheesecake. Low fat. The boat rocked again, and his stomach lurched, pushing all notions of eating out of his head. "Chertov Madripoor..." he grumbled, shifting on the crate that he was using as a seat. A rat scurried across the floor of the hold. Is this what he was reduced to in order to avoid being arrested and sent to some godforsaken cell in some ridiculous gulag for super-humans? And all to go to the biggest der'mo otverstiye on the planet! More to the point, was it even worth it? Was it worth looking for Wolverine? Was it worth travelling to Madripoor for an errand that he wasn't even getting paid for?  "Chertov Madripoor..." he grumbled again.NOW:Omega Red looked around the room and sighed. Sure, someone had died, but this was supposed to be HIS moment! And everyone was gathering around the dead girl with no leg like she was the most important thing here! Arkady rose to his feet. Wolverine (in his Patch persona) cast him a cautious glare (down to 50% of it's efficacy due to the eye patch). Arkady cleared his throat. "Some of you may know me as the Soviet super-soldier, Omega Red. The truth is that I was born Arkady Rossovich in the glorious Soviet Republic, and I was conscripted into the army where my... addiction... was uncovered. I was made into a killer by my government, and forced to slay enemies of the state. I was made a weapon, had experiments and surgeries performed on me that made me a greater killer, engineered to build on my own mutant abilities, tailor-made to murder and end life... none of this was my fault... Anyway. I have made a list of everyone I've harmed and am willing to make amends to them all." "Wait, is he really--" began Karma."I really think that he is..." replied Tony Stark. "My name is Arkady Rossovich," he said proudly. "And I'm a Killaholic."  

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 26 Sep 2013, 09:55

Gambit was here for work. In the few weeks that he'd been leader of the Thieves Guild, he'd had little time to relax. This trip to Madripoor was mainly to catch up with old thieving contacts, but also to take a break and to drink some beer. And when he'd heard that Logan and Laura were here - he couldn't resist heading to the Princess Bar. Half of his thieving contacts would probably end up here anyway...Remy tried not to look at the severed leg of Lindsay McCabe. He'd seen some truly horrific things in his life, but they never got easier to deal with.He watched Omega Red's confession with some interest, and some amusement. A confessed killer, seeking forgiveness. He'd been that man, once upon a time, even if the blood had not been directly on Remy's hands. He walked over to Laura' You okay, ma petite?'Laura nodded 'Thankyou Remy. But I've seen far worse than this. I've done far worse than this too'Remy smiled 'You and me both know that don't make it any easier. Especially not when an innocent life is taken, tout a coup''Who do you think did it?' Laura asked, sharpened claws at the ready 'I can't smell anything untoward'Remy grimaced 'Tough to say - this bar has always had an interesting clientele. Dat said, murders and dismembering isn't de usual thing. Lady Deathstrike is always a worry. She ain't a human anymore, dat  I can see anyway. And Karma? I worry about her. She ain't been de same since that business with her stepsister. Maybe she snapped?'

Wings

Post by Wings » 26 Sep 2013, 14:32

Detangling herself from Logan’s arms, Jessica Drew dove for the bathroom of the Princess Bar, slamming the door as she broke down once more.

Lindsay was dead but that heart wrenching fact wasn’t even the worst part. On cue, the memory of Lindsay’s battered and dismembered body flashed through Jessica’s mind. She felt her stomach lurch but she didn’t even make it to the cubicle behind her before she threw up. She looked up at her reflection in the mirror, whose face she barely recognised through her tears.

When Spider-Woman emerged, she let the mask she had just donned disguise her inner turmoil. Infiltration was her specialty but for once she was happy to let the mask just do its job and just leave it at that.

Purposely keeping away from the main group, who remained crowded around her friend’s corpse Jessica turned her attention to the other patrons of the bar. It appeared they had all fled in the aftermath of the attack. Good, Jessica wasn’t in the mood to use her pheromones to get rid of them and have to suffer through yet another wave of comments about how nice her hair was.

She could have asked Karma to do it but Jessica didn’t trust her. Xian Coy Manh could have easily gotten someone else to murder Lindsay for her through the use of her possession powers. 

Jessica turned back to the others. Yukio seemed uncomfortable despite the many men and women the Wild One herself had killed. She was hiding something, of that Jessica was certain.

Whatever the case, Jessica would make sure that Lindsay’s murderer would pay for what they had done and pay dearly.

Wings2013-09-27 11:58:47

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 26 Sep 2013, 15:20

It was supposed be a simple, routine trip. Just a quick check in to see how things were doing in Madripoor since his disastrous tenure as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. He had thought he would be out of her in the next half hour. He had hoped too. He had a "date" with Kate Upton. But his excitement about lounging in a jacuzzi with a buxom blonde supermodel had quickly evaporated the moment he saw Lindsay McCabe. His stomach turned and he had to force himself to not look away. If he was going to help find the killer, he had to see what the monster had done. He had seen a lot since becoming Iron Man, but this ranked amongst the worst. He could barely even begin to imagine who could do such a thing to a defenseless woman.  But these sort of beatings made Tony think of only one thing; a crime of passion. Whoever beat the woman, had to hate her? But who? It wasn't as if the Princess Bar was filled with the most trustworthy of people. Even the good guys had a somewhat shady record. Gambit was a thief, X-23 and "Patch" killers, and that girl Karma, well not only has she been through a few traumatic experiences herself, but she some recent family drama in Mardipoor, didn't she? And then there was the bad guys…"This is why I stopped drinking." He held up his glass of water, "I also had a tendency for dramatic speeches were I declared myself Sex God of the Multiverse, " Tony muttered to Karma after Omega Red's declaration, "Also the waking up in my own vomit always lead to the wrong kind of shameful morning after shower.."  Yet as he joked around to the woman he fought could be a murder, his eyes fell on Omega Red? A killaholic? Was he confessing? But there were many quote unquote, "killerholics" in the room. Lady Deathstrike sure was passionate and hateful enough to do this to Lindsey. Yukio, Mister X…all trained killers. Looking back, Tony wondered why he ever thought this trip would be simple.

XtremeOne12013-09-26 15:27:47

medium13

Post by medium13 » 26 Sep 2013, 19:59

Karma was actually quite pleased to be among the motley crew assembled here. As many of her companions had pointed out, she had recently been in Madripool. What they might not have known, is that the team was unceremoniously disbanded and Karma was left back where she started (except, like a billion dollars richer). Well, if her tumultuous life had taught her anything it was that she was in charge of her own manifest destiny. She was not going to fall back into limbo. Not real Limbo, where Magik reigned, more like nobody gives a crap about Dragoness limbo! Karma surveyed the room. Yukio was shamelessly throwing herself at Wolverine. "I thought she was a lesbian!" Karma thought.

Iron Man was trash talking Omega Red with Karma. She couldn't help but scoff. How many times had Mr. Stark said two words to her before? Clearly, being a billionaire meant that everyone wanted a piece of her now. Speaking of pieces of her, the brainless masses were pointing their fingers at Karma because she and Lindsey had something in common...

Are you really going to make me say it? Yes, Lindsey and I are both missing a leg. So, of course that makes me the killer. Actually, it makes all of you raging ableists. Disgusting!

Karma turned back to the bar where she had left a twenty for the round of drinks she bought. She bit her lip,as quickly swiped it and put it in her belt. She hoped that nobody noticed, but obviously Lindsey didn't need that kind of tip. Besides, you don't stay rich by giving away your money! medium132013-09-26 20:04:01

Savant

Post by Savant » 27 Sep 2013, 01:54

"Sloppy, old man." X-23 surveyed the gruesome scene within the pantry, then walked back into the main bar room. Her words were just audible enough to be heard by her intended target and Patch soon arrived at her side.

"Going to sass me now, X?"

"You brought me here to help you protect them, then drank with them, laughed with them. You did not value the mission and now the woman is dead."

Anger flashed in Patch's one eye but his voice remained steady. "And where were you while that woman was dying?"

X-23 sensed the menace but did not back down. "Watching the back table, as you ordered."

"You have any good news for me, kid?"

"No. The kill was savage, the victim intoxicated and unable to put up a sufficient struggle. You place too much trust in Karma. And Gambit. They are not innocents."

"Can't argue with that." Patch turned his back. "Don't sass me in front of the others again. I mean it."

X-23 watched her 'father' walk away.

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 27 Sep 2013, 16:21

Lady Deathstrike surveyed the room. Never had she seen a more disgusting sight than these honorless Wolverine groupies. She would have her honor back at any cost.

Gambit

Spiderwoman marhawkman2013-09-27 16:21:36

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 27 Sep 2013, 16:22

Jessan reached down and lightly brushed Lindsay's eyelids closed.

Jessan then removed the white lotus flower tucked behind her ear.

Gently, she sat the flower down beside Lindsay's body. The white petals slowly turned red.

Jessan had seen much death in her life. Many of those deaths had been of friends. Rarely, ever, were they so brutal.

"This is a message," Jessan whispered to Patch.

"But are messenger and sender the same?" He asked her, raising the eyebrow over his uncovered eye.

"We should find out," the Tyger seethed. "There is an assassin here, maybe more than one. Were they hired or are they challenging me directly themselves?"

Jessan looked at those still gathered in the bar. She watched Karma retrieve the tender she had earlier laid down. Disgraceful. That is hardly the woman who saved my life from Bloodscream all those years ago. How much has transpired since I saw her just a few months ago? What has driven her to this coldness, to this lack of honour?

Karma noticed the Tyger eyeing her but did not seem to care.

Even her friends could not be trusted, it seemed. Perhaps Gambit was here to claim Madripoor for the Thieves Guild? Was Laura, Patch's daughter, here under the control of The Facility? Even Tony worried her. Was SHIELD planning a regime change?

And Yukio. Anyone could have hired her and she had all the reason to try and take Madripoor for herself. Owning Madripoor kept Patch in your bed, at least for a while. Both Jessan and the Viper could attest to that. Lindsay's death certainly wasn't Yukio's style, however. If she killed Lindsay, she was working hard to make it look like one of the others did it.

Yuriko was strong enough for the task. Lady Deathstryke rarely worked for herself except when pursuing her vendetta against Logan, however. She was an unlikely challenger. She'd be working for somebody if this were her. Omega Red was hardly equipped to run a criminal empire but could have possibly been hired out as well.

"Tony," Jessan turned to her once possible lover. "Do you happen to have anything on you that can test for DNA? Or detect small traces of blood? It seems almost impossible that no one here has blood on their hands." Kipe2013-09-27 16:57:28

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 27 Sep 2013, 16:48

"CHALLENGES, all I ever request, a good fight... Forget about my revenge on Wolverine... there's his clone..., there's Lady friggin' Deathstrike, Gambit, Yukio... this will be a ball!"

Mister X looked at the dead body of Lindsay, and then at the some so called heroes eyeing him.

"What? Hell yeah I wish I had killed her!"

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 27 Sep 2013, 22:50

Round TwoAfter Mister X's callous outburst, the door swung inward and a gaggle of Princess Bar patrons returned from their trip outside. "Har har, you think one measly murder is going to keep this crew away?" the gruff-looking man in the yellow bandana said. "It's like we always say, it's not a real night at the Princess Bar unless there's at least three deaths.""Too bad about Lindsay, though," another of the English-speaking patrons said. "That shore were a purty gal!" As the rough men and women piled back into the already crowded room, Patch realized he needed to a new bartender if he wanted people to stay. As ghastly as it sounded, he needed people to linger if he and Jessan wanted to sniff out the culprit—and plus, if the killer got a little too loose, maybe he or she would slip up. "Tamara," he said, turning to Dragoness, who still had that goofy look on her face. "We need a new bartender. You're still sober. What say you serve up some drinks?""Me? You're talking to me?" she said. "Oh wow, the Wolverine has never addressed me by name before! Sure, Mr. Patch!" Tamara slipped behind the bar and, after wiping some blood off the bar top near Yukio's seat, started pouring McCabe's Special Long Island Iced Teas and shots of vodka. After the crowd settled, Jessica felt someone's presence standing in the doorway. She, Tyger Tiger, Patch and X-23 all turned in unison and saw a woman drenched in water standing dumbfounded beneath the frame. She was soaked from head to toe, and her stringy, green hair fell over the right side of her face. "You gotta be kiddin' me," Patch murmured. "Viper?!? What are you doing here? You vowed never to return to the city!" the Tyger snapped at her. "Remove her at once!""Please, help me!" the woman said. "Who's Viper? Where am I? I'm so tired…""She is telling the truth," X-23 said, glaring at her. "She does not know who she is." Karma agreed with Laura's reading. "Bullsh*t! She's up to something! You guys don't know her like I do," Jessica Drew snapped. "That may be, Jess, but we can't abandon someone in need, no matter who it is. Take her to the safe room in the back and see that she gets some rest. We'll deal with her later," Patch ordered. "Me?!? You know how I feel about—""—and that's why I chose you," Patch barked back. "Do it, Jess. We don't have time to screw around. Laura, go check out the harbor, find where she emerged from the water, see if anything's unusual. This ain't a coincidence." "Understood," X-23 said as she left the bar. After Jessica escorted the amnesiac Viper to the safe room, Tyger Tiger reminded Patch and Stark of her earlier suggestion that they examine the site of Lindsay's murder for physical evidence. "Yukio, wait here, an keep an eye out in this room. 'Specially on those three," he said, nodding in the direction of Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike and Mister X, all three of whom seemed to be having way too good of a time. "I need you and your blades at their best. Just call it Night of the Long Knives. Me, Jessan, Gambit and Stark have some work to do."However, their investigation proved fruitless. The genetic analysis equipment built into Stark's undersuit didn't detect any DNA in the blood splatters other than McCabe's. Not even Wolverine's reliable senses detected anything unusual—which, in itself, was odd. "The old sniffer ain't workin' too great right now," Patch said. "Must've been something in that bad booze.""Now dat you mention it, ami, I ain't feeling so hot either," Gambit said as his stomach gurgled. "Could it be..?""Can't be, Remy. This killer's too bold. Jessan, you still got that note you received?" Patch asked. Silently, Jessan pulled her copy of The Art of War from a pocket in her regal robe and removed the note she had received from its pages. "This don't gel, Hoan. Find Laura. Let's get a second opinion on this room."But when they got back to the bar, Laura was nowhere to be seen; she still hadn't returned from her scouting mission. "Karma, see if you can detect Laura," Gambit asked. Karma complied, mentally peeking into nearby minds—but couldn't detect Laura's. "I'm not finding her, Mr. Patch. Either she's left the continent, or…" she paused. "I'm so sorry, Logan."It was all she needed to say. Logan could read her face, and knew Karma's powers were pretty damn foolproof. Laura's consciousness had been snuffed out. If only they knew how. Meanwhile, beneath the harbor, a lifeless body floated along in the water...---------------------------The TallyDeadline to post for next round is Monday, September 30 at 8 PM PST.

sixhoursoflucy2013-09-28 01:00:46

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 28 Sep 2013, 13:22

"Logan...," Yukio said as she put her arms around Wolverine from behind. "If she's anything like you, I'm sure she'll turn up."

Wolverine gruffly brushed her off. "You don't know Laura, Yukio. She'd be back on time even if she was missing all her limbs."

Wolverine walked off to the bar, grumbling about how he shouldn't have brought X-23 into this.

"Well, add that to the list of things that keep us apart," Yukio said as she turned to Karma. "You! Keep trying!" Something about Karma was off tonight, Yukio would have to keep her close by.

Yukio could hardly contain her anger as she saw Lady Deathstrike smirking across from her. She started towards her when Gambit grabbed her shoulder.

"Don't, Wild One," Gambit said. "It will solve nothing but cause more pain."

"Solve nothing!" Yukio yelled. "And you would know all about that, wouldn't you? It's a wonder that you X-Men accomplish anything the way you guys sulk around and second guess each other! That's not how I operate! And it's not how Logan would operate if he didn't spend so much damn time with you losers! Get your hands off me, cajun, or the pain I cause will be more than just to Lady Deathstrike!"

Lady Deathstrike didn't say a word as Yukio came towards her. She just spread out her claws.

Yukio dodged her first swipe and kicked her into the bar, shattered bottles everywhere. As Yukio readied herself for her next strike, the Wild One howled in pain and reached for her back.

Gambit was there to catch her as she fell and carried her over to a booth.

"So the rumors are true," Gambit said as he gave her a pack of ice and a beer. "The Wild One must find a way to continue living life on the edge... of a wheelchair."

Yukio winced in pain. Embarrassed like never before, she could only pray that Logan wasn't watching.

Quick and Dead2013-09-28 17:12:47

Wings

Post by Wings » 28 Sep 2013, 14:10

Jessica was angry. One of her closest friends lay dead, murdered by someone in this very room and Mister X and Omega Red were being self centred jackasses. They were both sociopathic killers, callous in their disregard for human life so this attitude didn't particularly surprise Jessica. That didn't stop her from wanting to ram a venom blast down both their throats.

Then, the Viper had appeared and Patch had asked Jessica to watch over her. How many more times would Logan fall prey to the Viper's machinations? How many more times did this woman have to hurt them before Logan realised that she didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt?

She led the woman to the safe room and shoved her inside ignoring her pleas for help. She had heard it all before and if Viper was using someone as an intermediary to eliminate them and regain control of Madripoor, Jessica was going to stop her. She locked the Viper inside the heavily reinforced room and leaned aginst the wall outside as she continued to seethe.

But then she heard the voices coming from the bar.

"Karma, see if you can detect Laura," Gambit asked.

"I'm not finding her Mr. Patch," Karma said. "Either she's left the continent or... I'm so sorry Logan."

Jessica felt the anger that had beeen building up inside her since Lindsay's death evaporate. All she wanted to do now was comfort her friend. Then she heard the Viper sobbing...

She made her way back to the bar placing her hand on Logan's shoulder. He glanced at her in response before walking away. Jessica understood that he needed some time alone.  Yukio apparently didn't understand him at all.

Making her way over to Tamara, she asked her if they had any food. She returned with a bowl of steaming hot noodles. How she had produced them in 10 seconds flat Jessica wasn't sure but she thanked her none the less.

As she made her way back to the safe room, she passed by Yukio and Mister X, nodding curtly to those she suspected of being responsible for the murders. Reaching the safe room Jessica entered.

She found the woman within huddled and crying in a corner. Jessica had been like that once, feeling so confused about her place in the world that she had briefly entertained the thought of ending her own life. She had managed to survive her despair to fight another day but she hadn't done it alone.

"Here," Jessica said as she passed Viper the bowl of noodles and a fork.

Viper ate greedily as Jessica observed her. She wasn't going to make the mistake of trusting the Viper but Jessica couldn't be sure this was even her. Her body language and mannerisms certainly did not match those of the Viper Jessica had come to hate. Perhaps this woman was a victim of the Viper's Pit-Viper programme?

"Who are you?" the woman asked.

Jessica removed her mask.

"I'm your daughter."

Wings2013-09-28 14:14:26

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 28 Sep 2013, 18:02

Arkady Rossovich sat at the bar, nursing a vodka, or at least what passed for vodka in this hell-hole.

"You and I are very alike, I think," he said slowly and deliberately, gazing at stand-in bartender, Dragonness. "Both seeking redemption, both from humble backgrounds... You have the form of a more buxom woman and have the hips necessary to bear strong Soviet children."

He nodded in affirmation.

"Yes," he concluded. "I may allow you to carry my children, your plain face will ensure you do not stray so I won't be tempted to kill you for cheating on me."

Dragonness sneered at Omega Red before walking away down the bar, being careful not to slip on the patch of Lindsay's blood that she was yet to clean up.

"Ah," sighed Arkady, noticing the congealing blood. "A good wife should be house-proud. Maybe she would not make for a good wife after all..."

Jessan re-entered the room, clutching a note in her hands. Arkady caught a glimpse of Patch, who seemed even more melancholy than usual, if such a thing were possible.

"Beautiful Tyger," he crooned. Jessan paused to cast a dark glare at him. It didn't matter.

"I have given up my killing ways," he began. "My true path is that of the poet, the artist, he who bares his soul to the most beautiful and powerful of women, hoping that she would carry his children-- just think of the alliance we could forge! Strong Soviet children raised by Madripoor's most powerful crime lord!... Of course, I would expect you to give that up once we were wed and you began to bear my children... Perhaps you would be happy running a gulag or a brothel outside of Moscow?"

He didn't wait for her reply as his stomach started to growl. He was hungry again, craving sweet, sweet life-force. He wondered who would taste the best here, whom he would prefer to impale upon his tentacles and really drinking in the deaths and... Well, actually, maybe just a gluten-free donut, instead?

[OOC: Votes for Mister X and Iron Man]

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 28 Sep 2013, 19:30

"Yowamushi baka" Deathstrike said as she stood up. "didn't I beat you badly enough last time we met? You may have skill as a fighter, but so do I. Unlike you, I have strength." Yuriko turned and found a bottle of sake and a glass that hadn't be broken and started pouring a drink.

She paused for a moment as she heard Stark talking. Yuriko tapped one of her adamantium talons on her glass as she watched Stark talking to Xi'an. "Right... blame the jinzoningen...." she muttered as she caught him looking over at her in an inefficient method of keeping an eye on her. "Stupid American.... as if I'm the most dangerous person in this room. He'd be better off paying attention to the people who pretend to be harmless."

"Heh, speaking of jinzoningen.... Yukio might end up as one soon if she isn't careful." Yuriko muttered with a sinister chuckle before pouring her glass of sake down her throat. "Hmm... maybe I could help her with that." Yuriko said with a devious grin as she poured another glass.

QDLux29

Post by QDLux29 » 28 Sep 2013, 21:06

Dragoness could not believe THE Patch had not only SPOKEN to her, but had actually asked her to do something! Growing up in Lowtown, everyone knew the adventures of Patch. He was a living legend, the guy had been around Madripoor for over a half a century. Here she was working behind the bar at THE Princess Bar.

The first thing Tamara did was clean up the mess left by the previous waitress. It was probably in her best interest as Tamara was fairly sure the girl wouldn't have wanted her corpse messing up the bar. Then she celebrated her new job (it had really been a while since she had one) with a shot. Yes, she was cleansing, but when was Dragoness ever one to follow the rules! It's why she left that accursed Utopia, and that horrid bratty redhead who thought she was God's gift or something.

Though the male attention was nice (her post-Idol dismissal weight gain did have advantages, and her bra and tight pants showed them off quite nicely), but the Russian [now former] assassin was really too bulky for Tamara's taste. Then the 'plain face' remark?? Oh, that was just uncalled for. She switched his vodka with rubbing alcohol after that. She hoped he choked on it.

Her pyrotechnic powers came in handy to heat up some noodles for   Spider-Woman. She'd learned that trick on these Madripoori streets. She was never one to eat food cold.

She watched as Yukio was moved to a booth by the X-Man (the one with the sexy accent, and even sexier ass. Really, did this guy NEED to wear clothes?). Dragoness wasn't too sure what the story was between the two Japanese women, but it seemed to be some serious dramz. She cooked herself up another bowl of noodles, poured herself a whole glass of whiskey (what? she'd already had one, so what's a couple more?), and watched as Deathstrike raged incoherently back at The Wild One.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 29 Sep 2013, 16:18

Tony stared blankly at Lady Deathstrike for a moment. He wasn't
exactly sure what she was saying, but thought it best to probably ignore
her in the face of much bigger problems than what he assumed was an
inebriated(and maybe mentally damaged) assassin . A second death
occured, another young and innocent girl savagely murdered. A beating,
now a drowning. He wondered what kind of man or woman could be
responsible for such crimes. The trained killers were the first to come
to mind and Lady Deathstrike was amongst the worst of them. She reminded
Tony of a lot of the women he slept with; vengeful, spiteful and crazy
when they got a little alcohol in them.  But maybe it wasn't the alcohol. Maybe someone else was influencing Lady Deathstrike and who knows who else. He eyed Karma and slowly began to side step away from her, telling her he was going to check on Logan in the most casual of ways.
He moved to Patch and put a hand on his shoulder, "We'll
find who did this to Laura," he said softly, knowing his words were
empty. Tony didn't have a daughter(that he knew of...He couldn't really
rule it out...) nor did he have a female clone(though he wouldn't mind meeting her if he did...) but he knew what it was like to lose family.
His eyes traveled over to Omega Red as
he overheard him talking at the bar. The Russian was acting suspicious,
even for a cold blooded killer. Now he was trying to find a bride.
Tony's first thought went to the two women who had already died. Were
they not good enough to be his bride?

XtremeOne12013-09-29 16:24:14

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 30 Sep 2013, 00:07

Jessan, knowing much better than the brash and reckless Yukio, allowed Patch a few moments to grieve.

She ignored the advances of the apparently now witless Omega Red as she left Tony and Karma's sides. She did however notice the little dragon replacing his drink. Perhaps the girl was more clever than she realized.

She waited outside the office door as she heard the thrashing of wood and the snikting of claws. Guttural growls joined in the symphony of grief. Not a symphony, Jessan supposed, but a requiem.

She stood idly yet posed as he exited the office.

"I'll replace the desk," he huffed, refusing to meet Jessan's eyes.

"Did anyone have time to slip out?" she asked?

Patch looked confused before his brows furrowed and his teeth bared themselves. "Did I slip?" he asked in a threatening tone.

"Did anyone of the others have time to slip out and commit this....Are we dealing with an outside source here?" She made sure to enunciate much more clearly this time. She did not want to find herself at the end of Patch's claws.

Patch, now seeming more relaxed but still pained, shook his head. He didn't know. She knew he couldn't bring himself to say it: that he didn't have a clue who murdered his daughter. He’d already lost Jubilee, and now all he would have left was Amiko.

"We'll put the cajun on the door and Karma on the back entrance," Patch reasoned.

"Remy is attending to Yukio. She had a rather dramatic fall." Jessan resisted the urge to roll her eyes. “Perhaps Tony?”

Patch turned in the middle of Jessan’s suggestion. “I’ll get it,” he mumbled. He went to the front door and stood there, claws unsheathed.

(OOC: Mr. X and Lady Deathstryke)Kipe2013-09-30 14:28:41

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 30 Sep 2013, 03:41

Sacre Bleu. Laura, dead?That girl had done awful things, but had been bred for it.Remy knew that there had been a good person inside of X-23. Lady Deathstryke however? There was nothing good or human about that thing anymore. Her humanity had been traded for upgrades and spare parts. And Dragoness? That second rate excuse for a villainess?It struck Remy that she may be the sort to do anything for attention - even murder two innocent women...

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 30 Sep 2013, 09:06

(sorry, feeling ill, votes for gambit and spider woman)

medium13

Post by medium13 » 30 Sep 2013, 13:42

Karma was more than a little uneasy that X-23 was dead. She was sure of it. The others may have held on to a glimmer of hope, but Xi'an knew in her very bones that Wolverine's clone had died.  Tyger Tiger had the right idea! They should check to see if anyone was able to sneak out and kill X-23. She wished she had thought of it first, and silently scolded herself as Jessan and Wolverine continued their tense exchange.  Karma was certain that with time she could deduce the killer and get back into Wolverine's good graces and back on an X-Team with a monthly. More importantly, she was eager to live the good life on her new fortune. One so rich even Stark's head would spin.  Karma made her way to the back of the bar, where Patch had ordered her. She still felt weird about him when he adopted the identity of "Patch". He was really like a different, one-eyed person.  Maybe she would wear a baseball cap and call herself "Catch". She snicked as she walked by Omega Red. He gave her a sneer that seemed to say, "Why are you lauging at yourself, stupid cow?" Karma put her head down and kept walking.  She didn't want to admit it but she was afraid. If she had to use her powers on someone here she wasn't feeling confident they would work. That mistake with Hodge had nearly killed her.
medium132013-10-07 11:04:24

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 30 Sep 2013, 19:30

Round ThreeAs per Tyger Tiger's suggestion, Wolverine and Tony Stark stood watch by the front door of the Princess Bar, while Karma and Jessica Drew guarded the back entrance. He didn't dare send just one of them, and if one of them were indeed the killer, she would undoubtedly reveal themselves by striking down her partner. Karma and Jessica marched to the back of the bar behind the safe room, brushing past an unruly Omega Red in the process. "Serving wench! Arcady Rossovich grows hungry," the monster shouted. "Serve me some of those noodles you made for that amnesia woman—and more vodka!" He slammed his fist down on the bar top. "If you do not do this for me, I will rescind my offer of making you my bride, and also I might drain your life force.""So sorry, Mr. Red!" Dragoness replied. "Vodka and noodles, coming right up!" Tamara poured her unruly customer three shot glasses of rubbing alcohol and lined them up alongside his warm noodles. "Here you are, sir! These are on the house." What did she care if she cut into the Princess Bar's proffitts anyway? She didn't plan on working here after tonight anyway. After serving him, she returned to the juke box and played some more songs. First up: Smith's "Baby, It's You." She just loved to twirl her hair around to this ditty. While her song played, Tamara made her way around the floor of the bar, continuing to serve drinks. At Gambit and Yukio's table, she noticed the Wild One still looked a little shaken up from her tumble with Lady Deathstrike. Gambit looked slightly ill as well—and, in fact, so did Mister X, who hadn't said a word since X-23 died. "Everything okay over here?" Tamara asked. "No! I think they've been poisoned," she said, pointing at Mister X, who was currently slumped over a table. "What kind of coward strikes from behind instead of confronting death face-to-face?" Yukio asked indignantly. Noticing that Tyger Tiger seemed to be in good health, she began to wonder if the threat to her had been manufactured. Patch couldn't help but overhearing from across the room. Angrily, he turned to the most toxic person in the room, and the most obvious culprit. "Arkady? You poisoning people?" he growled."Silence, Wolverine! This insolence will not stand!" he said, downing a shot. "Ack! And besides, it is I who have been poisoned! What did you serve me, wench?" he shouted at Tamara. When she didn't respond immediately, he splashed one of his remaining drinks in her face. "Omega Red will not tolerate such disrespect!" Angrily, he got up from his seat and marched toward the door, reeking of isopropyl alcohol. Tony Stark stood firm in the doorway and was prepared to stand his ground, but a look from Patch signaled that it was okay to step aside. Stark moved out of the way and let the angry Russian shoulder his way past. "This is your brilliant plan, just letting the homicidal poisonous Russian Super-Soldier walk free?" Stark asked. Before Patch had time to answer, however, a gunshot rang out, startling everybody in the room. It didn't sound like it came from out front, though; in fact, it sounded like it came from the back of the bar. "Everyone stay put! Hoan, with me," Patch commanded. He and Tyger Tiger made their way back to the safe room area. They both breathed a sigh of relief when they noticed that Karma and Jessica Drew were still alive. However, a look on Karma's face told them something was up."Patch, I think we should check on Viper," the telepath said. Jessica Drew froze as Patch and Tyger Tiger unlocked the supposedly impenetrable safe room. She was not fond of the woman behind it, but she was still her mother, and she almost didn't want to know what they would find. Sure enough, when they opened the door, they saw Viper's dead body lying in the center of the room with a bullet hole in her forehead. Judging by the splatters on the back wall the the pool of blood forming beneath her, the bullet had blown out the back of her head. It took Tyger Tiger a moment to collect herself. "I'm sorry, Jessica," she then said. "The Viper is dead."Again, they barely had time to react when a large explosion rocked the building from the outside. Karma, Patch and Tyger Tiger ran out the back entrance too see what was the matter, giving Jessica some space for the moment. As they rounded the corner into the adjacent alleyway, they heard an almost inhuman scream. It didn't take them long to find the source. Omega Red was in flames near the small explosion site, his limbs and Carbonadium tentacles waving in the air like an unholy, Lovecraftian monstrosity. At the other end of the alley, Lady Deathstrike, Dragoness, Gambit and Stark watched as well. No one moved to help for fear of catching on fire themselves—or worse, falling victim to Omega Red's life-sucking tentacles. No one felt they owed the man a favor anyway. Instead, they watched as the insatiable flame burned the life from his body. Eventually, the man stopped moving, leaving behind only smoking, charred remains. "Everyone stay back. This one's dead, but don't anybody go near him," Patch said. "Well, lesbi-honest," Tamara said, "...is anyone really that upset to see that guy go?" "Disrespectful cretin! That man had more honor than scum like you will ever know," Deathstrike snapped. "That's enough. Everyone back inside! It ain't safe out here," Patch said."But it somehow be safer in dere?" Gambit muttered as they walked back into the Princess Bar. --------The TallyThe Paranoia Kill is now active. Deadline for next round is Thursday, October 3 at 8 PM PST.
sixhoursoflucy2013-09-30 20:33:26

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 30 Sep 2013, 22:01

The patrons and suspects reentered the bar. Jessan looked at them each in turn. “Well, I suppose we have the matter of the poisoning to deal with. Tony, darling,” her gaze stopped to linger on Tony’s lush mustached lips before meeting his eyes. “If Yukio and Remy will submit, I suggest testing their blood. You might want to take a sample from everyone. It’s possible we’re all affected.

“It would take me some time to retrofit the device I used to test Lindsay’s DNA to scan for toxins instead,” Tony explained. “But I’d be happy to sample your DNA anytime.”

“Likewise,” Jessan responded with a giggling whisper and a slight flutter of her eyelashes. “Patch,” she turned to her sometime lover and noted he was far more tense than even he usually allowed himself to appear. “With our handsome thief under the weather, perhaps we should reassign his position at the door. Do you have any suggestions?”

(OOC: Tony Stark and Gambit)

Kipe2013-10-02 16:18:42