unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

BG #67: Superhero Idol

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
QDLux29

Post by QDLux29 » 30 Aug 2013, 22:21

Five identical girls walked into the preliminary judges room. They wore matching school uniforms, though each had a different color trim. With just a tiny head nod, in unison, to the sound engineer, their music started.

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want

So tell me what you want, what you really, really want

I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want

So tell me what you want, what you really, really want

I wanna, HUH I wanna, HUH I wanna, HUH I wanna, HUH I wanna really

Really, really want the Phoenix Force ah!

We wanna be the future, you gotta forget the past

Phoenix Force Forever! Redheads can’t make it last

We’re Emma Frost’s cloned daughters, And we’re growing fast!

Here's a story from S to E, you wanna get with me

You gotta listen carefully

We got P in the the place who likes it up in space

We got C like Mindee who likes it kinda

Easy E doesn't come for free, she's a real lady

And as for Sophie, ha you'll see

We’ll take your mind down, and wind it all around

Take your mind down and wind it all around

Phoenix Force Forever! Redheads can’t make it last

We’re Emma Frost’s cloned daughters, And we’re growing fast!

“Bloody awful!” Judge #1 bellowed.

“Yo, dog, yo! The Spice Girls part 2? Was Girls Aloud too recent for you?” Judge #2

“I thought you were great!” Judge #3 squealed. “I think you girls are terrific!”

Judge #3 gave the other two judges a look…mercifully, they relented.

“You’re going to HOLLYWOOD!” the three judges yelled!

The five sisters all clapped and shouted, excited about breaking out of their clone mother’s psychic shadow.

_____

A few days later…

All of the contestants were ushered out of their separate dressing rooms by muscular men in tight t-shirts.

“I guess the rumors from the tabloids that Amora likes her men tall and built are true.” Jubilee joked to Illyana, who eyed the men wearily.

“Betsy! It’s so good to have you here! You know I’m much too big for this thing now, but a little #starquality in reality television will give this show just the right amount of dazzle.” Alison gave Psylocke a big hug. Something struck Psylocke as odd. Nothing on a surface psi-scan, but the hug just felt off.

“How is Lois doing?” Betsy inquired. “I know she’s no longer on Utopia, and she was supposed to be at that audition a while back.”

“Oh, she’s great! She’s staying at my new place over in Europe. I think we’re going to work on an album for her over there. They aren’t too particular in Germany, my people tell me.” Alison faced forward and pulled her sunglasses down over her eyes.

Uatu maneuvered awkwardly at first, not quite shrinking his size down to a manageable human level. He heard a yelp underneath him.

“My apologies, small creature. I did not see you there.”

“The irony is not lost on me, no-longer-a-Watcher.” Broo called back up.

“By Sharra and K'ythri! A Broodlling!” Gladiator’s eyes flared with his heat vision.

“Whoa! Chill, Kallark! He’s with us, remember?” Jubilee jumped in front of Broo. Her new found maternal instincts kicking in.

“I’ll be watching you, sleazoid!” The Shi’ar Majestor raised off the floor and flew the rest of the way down the hall.

“I am offended at your speciest slur, Majestor! I’ll be contacting my Imperial Representative!”

“I half expected you and your sister to be an act like those five, Martinique.” Madrox stated as the Cuckoos walked by Mastermind.

“Don’t for a second think that if you mention either of my sisters again, I won’t make your noir dreams come true. And trust me, the gumshoe doesn’t always get a happy ending.”

“Even those girls got to wield the mighty Phoenix Force before me!” Feron muttered as he floated next to his beefy security guard/stagehand.

“And what magnificent genetic specimens they are. A combination of Weapons Plus, Ms. Frost and touches of Phoenix are all over them. Oh, to see what else their little diamond hearts are made of.” Sinister gave a chill down Feron’s spine.

As they all gathered onto the stage, they looked out to see a few cameras, and one chair. As it spun around, they were greeted with the absolute perfect visage of Amora, The Enchantress.

"Welcome! All of You! I am so please that not only human mortals have come to join my exciting project, but beings from across the universe! For those of you who may not know me, I am Amora. But let us be honest, you all know me and I am certainly thrilled to get to know all of you, through song! You are all aware of the rules of my little competition, so let's get started.

Our first round songs should be from Musicals. Yes, I see your faces, but, I find these songs can be easy to manipulate - almost as easy as a man. Am I right, ladies? I'll accept songs from Movie Musicals, even those of what you humans call 'Juke-Box Musicals' - Just be sure to make me feel that you REALLY want to be a part of Golden Apple Records! Now back to your dressing rooms to prepare! You have 2 hours. Remember, nothing will stop this competition from continuing. So, Break a Leg!"

The group of men, who upon closer inspection, may in fact have been magically at the mercy of The Enchantress, ushered the contestants back to their rooms. They all noticed cameras in there, probably so the audience could enjoy their creative processes. Also a digital timer ticked in their rooms, letting them know how much time they had left before singing live for Amora.

With only 17 minutes left, a scream was heard in the hallway. Madrox was first to stick a dupe's head out his door (one couldn't be too careful). It was empty - all the men seemed to have vanished. A door was open, and Martinique stood looking into it.

"What is it?" he called as he ran down, reabsorbing his dupe as he did.

More doors opened, and the others quickly moved down. They all gazed at the bodies of the Stepford Cuckoos laying about the room. Phoebe was holding a water bottle, her mouth contorted. Esme was strangled. Celeste laid in the splits, a gun shot to her abdomen. Sophie had been shot twice in the head. And Irma was stabbed repeatedly.

The Enchantress came running down the corridor, followed by one of the men, pulling his shirt down. She fought through the crowd into the Cuckoos room.

"Oh, by they Odin-son!"

She turned on her spiked heels to face the remaining contestants.

"We've got this under control. And you all still have a show to do! I'll give you an extra hour due to extenuating circumstances."

She shoved out of the room, giving Dazzler an extended glare.

"The show must go on!"

----

Shante You Stay

Jubilee - XTremeOne1

Broo - Mastermind

Dazzler (Callisto) - Savant

Sinister - HotKnives

Madrox - DasBoot

Uatu, the Watcher - Kipe

Psylocke - sixhoursoflucy

Gladiator - MartijnB

Feron - Medium13

Mastermind III - RingOtaku

Magik - Quick and Dead

Sashay Away

The Stepford Cuckoos

Remember:

First Bonus Challenge: each player will vote for which song/performance was the best each round. Player with the most votes will win immunity. Any ties will be decided by Amora.

Second Bonus Challenge: each Round's Death is inspired by a song from the assigned genre of that round. The first player (using the time stamps of the PM) to correctly guess the Title & Artist of the song, will have their first vote doubled.

ROUND 1 will end 8 PM EST on Tuesday September 3!

Edit for spelling & some word choice.QDLux292013-08-30 22:41:31

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 30 Aug 2013, 23:05

Madrox racked his brains. Musicals... Musicals... "Okay guys," he said, facing his crowd of four dupes that were doubling as his entourage. "This isn't really my forte. One of you needs to come up with something because I think literally the only musicals I've ever seen are Rocky Horror and Grease. And there's no way I'm putting on fishnets and a corset." "Four years reading classical literature at Oxford," sighed one of the dupes, with a British affect. "And I'm reduced to re-writing ditties sung by a Scientologist...""PRAISE BE TO XENU!" cried another dupe. Jamie Prime glared at him before rolling his eyes and reabsorbing him. "Okay, you're up," said Jamie, pointing to the Oxford-educated dupe. He turned to face a more nervous looking dupe. "You, go and tell one of the guards that we're going to need a blond wig. I won't lie, this is gonna suck to be you." After the discovery of the Cuckoo's and t-minus two minutes to show-time..."This is so humiliating," grumbled the dupe in the wig. "How come I have to be the girl?" "Because you strike me as the kind of me who's never actually been laid and needs to discover his inner sexuality or something," muttered Madrox Prime. "Besides, I look good in a leather jacket." "I hate you," said his dupe. The intro started and the lights went up on the stage. Jamie Travolta: "We got Kills. They're multiplyin', Amora's looooooosin' control,From the contestants that she's supplyin'Someone's HOMICIDIN'!"Jamie Newton-John:"You better 'fess up,whoever killed the clones,It's a kind of evil thing to dooooooYou better 'fess up,You better understand,We Madri are clones tooooooJamie Travolta:So we kinda, kinda take it personally too...ALTOGETHER NOW:SINISTER, YOU'RE A TWUNT! (SINISTER, you are a twunt... OOOH OOOH OOOH KILLER!)YEP, YOU'RE REALLY A TWUNT!(You really are a twunt! ooooh oooooh ooooooooh!)The one who dissects... and resurrects!Jamie Newton-John:If you're filled with deadly aspirationsyou're not to shy to commit.Be afraid of our detections,Be afraid...Jamie Travolta:You better 'fess up,to your evil plans(Jamie Newton-John: Your evil plaaaaaaans, That you think are super-smart!)Put your hands up,'Cause we'll make a stand(Jamie N-J: 'cause we'll make a stand! Killing's never justified!)[Jamie Travolta faces Jamie N-J] Are you sure?J N-J: Well maybe once or twice...ALL TOGETHER NOW:KILLER ALIEN BUG!(KILLER ALIEN BUG BROO-OOO-OO! KILLER!)KILLER ALIEN BUG!(KILLER ALIEN BUG BROO-OOO-OO!)HIS BITES PARALYSE,AND THEN YOU DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!KILLER ALIEN BUG!(Or Sinister who is a twunt, OOOH OOOH OOOH! KILLERS!)KILLER ALIEN BUG!Jamie Prime took a bow, whilst the Newton-Johndrox threw his wig off and stomped off stage in a huff.   

Savant

Post by Savant » 31 Aug 2013, 06:34

Dazzlisto retreated into the sanctuary of her dressing room to call Eric. She picked up her phone but set it back down without dialing. What could he do to help her? What would she even say? With a murderer trying to take out the competition, she and the other performers were all under suspicion. Amora would be watching, as would her security team. More importantly, the killer could have surveillance. Any assailant capable of so easily killing the telepathic Emma clones should not be underestimated. No, the killer could be watching her, too. Calling Eric could put him in danger.

But concern for Eric's well-being wasn't the real reason for her hesitation in calling, was it? "Dazzler" found herself staring into her dressing-table mirror and her former face, the one-eyed face of the Morlock Callisto, scowled back at her. The last few months had passed by in a paparazzi-induced blur of flashing lights. Her life was exactly what she had always wanted. She was beautiful, adored by fans, praised by critics and doted on by a devoted millionaire. She'd surpassed Alison's meager acting skills and had a real chance to be the first Bond gal nominated for acting awards. So why wasn't she satisfied?

The answer was simple enough and she couldn't deny the truth to herself: Her past refused to die and she was leading a stolen life. Every time she looked in the mirror, she was reminded of what she had been.

As a result, Dazzlisto lived her dream life trapped in a state of perpetual fear. Despite long weeks of press conferences, gala events and late night talk show interviews, she experienced an almost crippling stage fright. Alison Blaire had never been a great singer, yet Callisto couldn't shake the fear that she was a talentless fraud. Every time she sang, she wondered if some devoted fan might notice her slightly lower, deeper voice. She expected Beale, despite all his kindness and affection, to reject her as a cheap imitation. Dazzlisto was wicked and her greatest fear was to lose everything she had fought so hard to attain.

Still a warrior at heart, Dazzlisto resolved to play her part in this musical affair. Amora was correct, the show must go on.

A little warm-up before her next performance was in order. She stared at her old, ugly reflection and wondered how her impending dissociative identity disorder might impact a message to Beale.

What is this Feeling?

Dazzler: Hello my dearest, love of my life, Eric

Callisto: Mr. Beale

Dazzlisto: There's been a transgression for those starring in this show

Callisto: But of course I'll catch the killer

Dazzler: But of course I'll nail my solo

Dazzlisto: For I know that's how you'd want me to respond, Beale

There's been a transgression, for you see, the Cuckoos are...

Dazzler: Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Callisto: Dead.

Dazzlisto moved back and forth, watching her mirror image taunt her every step.

Dazzler: You felt a feeling, it came over you

Callisto: I felt the moment I laid eyes on you.

Dazzler: Your pulse was rushing

Callisto: My head was reeling

Dazzler: Your face was flushing

Dazzlisto: What is this feeling?

Thirsting for acclaim,

Does it have a name?

Yes! Envy

Super concentrated envy

Dazzler: For my face

Callisto: I felt

Dazzler: A frenzy!

Dazzlisto: Jealousy - I want it all

Turned my very flesh into a doll

Remade ev'ry bit, however small

To satisfy my envy

There's a strange intoxication,

sip the bitterness libation.

It's so pure, so strong!

In a former life, I was outcast.

During all that time, the hate amassed.

All I knew was envy,

envy you,

my whole life long!

Dazzlisto paused as Marrow, Erg and Litterbug entered her room, their bodies remade to resemble Pixie, Northstar and the Juggernaut. The three quickly formed a chorus line.

Morlock Chorus: Hey Dazzlisto, forced into this game

facing a killer, you don't know the name!

Killed the cuckoos, you could be next,

Beale sent us to guard his precious

If we let you die, he'll be vexed

Dazzlisto: Well, perhaps the stalker does care.

Morlock Chorus: Yes Dazzlisto, we are allied

In your success, we all take pride.

We just want to tell you: We're all on your side!

We share your...

Dazzlisto: What is this feeling, that came over you?

I felt the moment I laid eyes on you.

My pulse was rushing

My head was reeling

Oh, What is this feeling?

Thirsting for acclaim,

Does it have a name?

Yes

Ahhhh

Morlocks (In the Background):

Envy! Super concentrated envy!

For her face, we felt, a frenzy!

Jealousy - we want it all

Masque crafted the flesh, just like a doll

Remade ev'ry bit, however small

AHHHH!

Dazzlisto: Envy!

Morlocks: Envy!

Dazzlisto: There's a strange intoxication.

Dazzlisto: Sip the bitterness libation.

Dazzlisto: It's so pure, so strong!

Morlocks: So strong!

Dazzlisto: In a former life, I was outcast.

During all that time, the hate amassed.

All I knew was...

Morlocks: Envy...

Dazzlisto: Envy... for forever

Morlocks: Envy...

Dazzliso: Envy...

Truly, deeply,

Envy you

My whole life long!

Morlock Chorus: Envy!

Boo, you whore.

Dazzlisto punched the mirror and left the room, surrounded by her entourage.

Mustering all her confidence, Dazzlisto resolved herself to the caprice of fate. She claimed the stage as her own home, bolstered by the knowledge that she would do something even Dazzler had never accomplished: she would fly. She winked knowlingly at Ergstar, who was in charge of pyrotechnics, and Luggernaut, who worked the harness and wire cable contraption that would be such a major part of her performance.

As Dazzlisto walked onto the stage, Marrixie tried to talk her out of performing.

Defying Gravity

Marrixie: Cal-Dazzler, why can't you be reasonable for once instead of putting your life in danger?

I hope you're happy.

I hope you're happy now.

I hope you're happy now you've changed your face forever,

I bet you think your clever.

Dazzlisto: I hope you're happy. I hope you're happy, too.

I hope you're proud how you would grovel in submission,

defeat all my ambition.

Both: Although I can't imagine how. I hope you're happy, right now.

Marrixie: Oh, Ali, listen to me. Just drop out.

You can still be with Eric, what you've worked and waited for.

You can have all you ever wanted.

Callisto: But I don't settle

No, I can't settle

I want more...

Dazzlisto took the stage, leaving Marrixie behind.

Dazzlisto: Somethings have changed about me

So much is not the same

I'm through with playing by the rules of evolution's game

Too late for backup singing

To hide behind the keyboards

It's time to trust my instincts

Use my voice, accuse!

First time, I'll try

Accusing Jubilee!

My vote, apply,

Accusing Jubilee!

And you can't shut me up.

Marrixie: Can't I make you understand? You're making yourself a target.

Dazzlisto: The vampire has her powers,

her sparkling eyes do glow.

Her super strength and speed,

their true extent, I do not know.

The Cuckoos died to someone,

really fast and really strong.

A vamp needs blood,

her place within this show's just wrong.

And so, I'll try

Accusing Jubilee.

Kiss me goodbye

I'm accusing Jubilee

And she will want me dead.

Pixie, dance with me. Think of what we could do, together!

Dazzlisto: Overpowered

Together, we are dazzling

Together we'll be the greatest act there's ever been

Pixie, shows, the way we planned 'em

Marrixie: If we twerk in tandem.

Both: There's no show we cannot win

Just you and I

Accusing Jubilee.

And we may die

Accusing Jubilee.

Dazzlisto: No, the vamp can't bring us down. Well? Are you dancing?

Marrixie (leaving the stage): I hope you're happy. Now that you're choosing this.

Dazzlisto: You too. My dear. Take care of Bliss.

Both: I really hope you get it

Or you can live to regret it.

I hope you're happy in the end.

I hope you're happy, my friend.

Dazzler ascends into the air, surrounded by smoke and flame!

Dazzlisto: There's one more vote to cast now,

Look to the scientist!

As he told Feron lately,

Essex wants to see the Cuckoo's hearts!

He is a proven villain

and he does like his clones.

To those who'd doubt me,

Bah, I feel it in my bones.

So tell him I am

Accusing Sinister!

I'm flying high

Accusing Sinister.

And soon I'll match Madge in renown.

And nobody in Hollywood

No killer that is acting here

is ever gonna bring me down!

Marrixie: I hope you're happy!

Morlocks: Look at her, she's wicked! Awesome!

Dazzlisto: Bring me down!

Morlocks: No one mourns the wicked. Now we've got to bring her...

Dazzlisto: Ahhh!

Morlocks: Down!

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 31 Aug 2013, 13:56

If there was one thing Jubilee knew, is that talent competitions were not really about talent. It was about STORY and CHARACTER. Yet, it wasn't enough to have a story or to be a character, one had to have SOB story filled with dead or neglectful parents, religion, teen mother, Jesus, and death and disappointment. People with happy lives never won this competitions. Tragic people did!And so with that, as the stage empty, a special video Jubilee prepared just for this very show appeared on screen."Hi!" Jubilee's face appeared on the screen, "My name is Jubilee I want to be your next Superhuman Idol!" Upbeat, generic music began to play, as various shots of Jubilee flash across the screen( laughing to herself heartily in front of a tree, dancing and jumping on her bed as she sings into a comb, putting on her trenchcoat and giving the camera a piece sign and a wink.)"I'm one of the youngest members of the X-Men ever," Jubilee's face appeared back on scream. She was apparently talking to a camera, "Unless you count Kitty Pryde who I don't because she's a racist. I don't like racism," Jubilee said as a shot of Jubilee wagging her finger at a picture of a white hooded man from the KKK, with a stern look of disapproval."I guess I want to be a superhero because of how much adversity I faced," Jubilee said to the camera, "I lost my parents at an early age and it was really sad. LIke REALLY sad, but I just couldn't let it stop me. I knew then that I needed to be a hero."At those words, the first cords of Mariah Carey' Hero began to play."I've been an X-Men, a New Warrior, a member of Generation-X," Jubilee continued, "And I've lost friends along the way…" Pictures of Sync and Skin flash over the screen before transitioning back to Jubilee who cried silently to the camera,, "Oh I promised myself I wouldn't cry!!" "There have been some dark times," Jubilee's voice said over black and white footage of Jubilee hugging herself, pulling the collars of her trench coat over her face. "Currently I'm a vampire," she admitted to the camera with a sad sigh, "And it's really hard always having this thirst for blood and people always thinking you're just like the Twilight vampires. Excuse me," Jubilee held up her hand, "But no vampire in their right mind would ever want to spend eternity with Kristen Stewart. She's dead in the eyes," she said pointing two fingers at her own. A shot of Jubilee punching a cardboard of Kristen Stewart played next, as Jubilee began, "I've also recently became a teen mother, though not from sexual intercourse, mind you," she said to the camera, "I'm waiting until marriage, because that's what God would want. No, I stole my baby...." She held up the baby to the camera, "It's all for him!""What do I like to do in my free time?" Jubilee asked the camera, "That's easy. Helping people, and I don't just mean superheroing. I'm a big part of my community. I just love being there for people, especially poor people," Jubilee said over a shot of her handing food to a child in a soup kitchen. "There is nothing I love more than impoverished children who can't feed themselves."The camera panned over a white van as it sped through a seedy looking neighborhood, stopping in front of a group of children. The door swung open to reveal Jubilee holding bags of candy, "Come on in, I've got caan-dy!" The scene cut just before the children began to run away."Who's my biggest inspiration?" Jubilee asked the camera again "That's easy. Jesus!" The scene transitioned to a small room where Jubilee stood in front of a picture of Jesus, giving two thumbs up to the as she mouthed "love him!""I just feel we have a lot in common," Jubilee said to the camera, "We both LOVE God and," she said with a wide smile, "We both crucified!"The next shot is of Jubilee in a gospel church, waving her hand at the Pastor preaches, "Religion is everything to me. I've read the Bible like ten times. It's uh…great, real exciting stuff."As Mariah hits a high note, the scene transitioned to Jubilee running through the meadow, her hands held high as fireworks shot out from her fingers."Some people ask me if I'm ever sad about the way things turned out," Jubilee said to the camera, "And the answer is yes…I'm super sad. The say, are the X-Men like neglectful parents? And I say, totally. And they're like 'wow Jubilee, you overcame so much' ..As the song finished  and Mariah sang, "..A hero lies…in yoooou" Jubilee repeated the words, looking into a mirror, pointing at herself as tears streamed down her face."But I did dream a dream?" she asked softly to the camera, "Well…" And with that the screen went black.A spotlight appeared over Jubilee, who was on her knees, looking up at the audience with wide, water eyes. There was a time when X-Men were kindWhen their dream were loftAnd their words inspiringThere was a time when hope spread wideAnd the heroes was a strongAnd the future excitingThere was a timeThen it all went wrongShe broke from her song, covered her face dramatically and whispered, "Sadness…" before going on..I dreamed a dream in time gone byUntil Hope came byAnd life lost meaningI dreamed that I'll one day dieI dreamed that Monet would be forgivingThen I was young and unafraidAnd dreams I had were newly madeThere was no reason to be shamedNo fight unwon, no blood tastedShe threw her hands up in the air, pressing the back of her hand against her forehead, "Depression…"But the Vampire come at nightWith their fangs sharp, they turned me asunderSo they tore my hope apartAs they my thirst into shameShe turned her head, "Sympathy…"I  had a mentor by my sideHe filled my head with dreams and wonderYet he took my childhood and prideThe dream was gone all the sameShe hugged herself, "Disappointment…"And still I dream the X-Men will comeThat they will remember the youths togetherBut these are dreams that cannot beAnd the X-men will never remember"Neglected youth…" whispered Jubilee running a hand across her cheek.I had a dream my life would beSo different from this hell I'm livingSo different now from what it seemedNow the X-Men have killed the dream I dreamed.She held her head down as silence filled the stage. She was quite proud of the effect she had. Yes, how could they ever vote her off now? She stood as the judges began to stood."Well that made me want to kill myself," Judge #1 said.Jubilee's face broke into a wide smile and she giggled, clearly mistaken at the meaning of the judge's words, "Thank you!"Judge #2 shook his head, "Yo dawg, dawg! DAWWWG! Dawg that was just yooo..dawg. You hearing me dawg?"Jubilee nodded slowly, "Okay…" Judge #3 took a swig of her drink and looked at Jubilee with her unfocused, "That touched me," she slurred, "Like right here," she put a hand on her shoulder. Judge #2, taking pity on her, moved her hand to over her heart. "Please get off the stage," said Judge #1 with a look of disgust. "Will do!" Jubilee said with a smile, "Oh and Dazzler and that Watcher guy are totally the killers, right?"Off.."

XtremeOne12013-08-31 15:04:39

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 31 Aug 2013, 14:06

Uatu found himself disturbed in a way he rarely, if ever, was.

He had a blindspot.

Somewhere on Earth, there was a shadow, and it was hiding something from his sight.

His voice began to quiver as it rose...

My Eyes

It's as if they've said their goodbye

Something shielded from my mind

And I find you can hide (From)

My Eyes

This has taken me by surprise

This night someone took a life

I hope they put up a fight

I see not with my eyes

My eyes

He looked into his mirror, finally having been able to psionically alter his appearance to be more proportionate to the dressing rooms.

He cleared his throat and exited, ready to take the stage.

Uatu entered from the wings. He bowed first to Enchantress and then to each of the three judges in turn.

With a showcasing gesture of his hand, a psionic mist began to appear beside Uatu's now much more human-sized form. The psionic mist (really just an illusion) formed into a similar looking female Watcher.

Uravo: Uatu?

Uatu: Hi

Uravo: They told you not to warn them.

Uatu: That's their way but I should help since I'm here.

Uravo: I've been hired as your replacement.

Uatu looks down sadly before succumbing to his fate.

Uatu: Well, nice to have met you.

Uatu slowly turns and makes as if to exit the stage.

Uravo: Wait!

I'm completely new to this.

They're small and seem so qucik to decay! Their wars-

Uatu sharply turns around.

Uatu: It's their way!

Just watch them!

Uravo: 1, 2, bored

Uatu: That's enough of that!

Uravo: This is weird

Uatu: It's weird

Uravo: Very weird

Uatu: f**kin' weird

Uravo: I'm so mad

That I don't know what to do

Fighting with monsters and drones

They're so barbaric all down to their bones!

And to top it all off

their insides are goo!

Uatu: Sure they often go insane

Molest interdimensional membranes

And you're thinking of calling Galactus yourself?

Uravo: As a matter of fact --

Uatu: Watcher, I know this act

It's called the 'Tango Earthling'

The Tango Earthling

It's a dark, dizzy merry-go-round

As they keep on saving

Uravo: You're wrong

Uatu: The earth, you can't feign it

Uravo: It's different with me

Uatu: And you toss and you turn

Cause it seems like they will never learn

Yet you warn them and an oathbreaker yourself you have found

Uravo: Calling Galactus? I see what you mean.

Both: The Tango Earthliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing....

Uatu dipped Uravo perfectly. As the last note sounded, she again turned to a beautiful blue mist that slowly trailed across the stage in a beautiful display.

Uatu bowed and awaited the judge's comments.

(OOC: Psylocke and Dazzlisto)Kipe2013-08-31 15:49:51

medium13

Post by medium13 » 01 Sep 2013, 12:04

"Marilyn Manson once said, 'Music is the strongest form of magic.' He was right if you don't count real magic." Feron said as he floated over the bodies of the Stepford cuckoos.With a snap of his fingers a spotlight illuminated the area where he floated.

Drums begin to beat and Feron is adorned with a Roman helmet.

The corpses of the Stepfords follow behind Feron and he glides across the stage. "Not too close girls." he whispered. "This is about you, but it's still my number."

They died...

They died!

They Died!

I've come to proclaim they've died.

There life has been taken from them, it can't be denied.

Let haste be made!

I cannot be delayed:

There is a cosmic force to tame, a kiler to be caught and peoples to degrade.

Look at those arms!

Look at that chest!

Look at them!

The mouths of the Stepfords move, though it is clearly Feron's soprano voice.

Not to mention the rest.

Even I am impressed!

They died!

They died!

Come, take a look I assure you they've died.

Convey the news!

We have no time to lose!

If we aren't entertaining Amora will snooze.

The broken bodies of the Cuckoos sway with the beat.

Look at that foot!

Look at that heel!

Mark the magical muscles of steel

I am my Ideal!

I, Feron am ferocious,

Multiple Man can slaughter thousands,

He's not such a geek

He can get things done that would take others a week

Quick, go take a peek

He came up behind the girls (what a sneak)

He stabbed one with a dirk

Boy, what a jerk!

He Jamie Maddrox

A man among multiple men!

But don't get me started on Martinque

Her future looks bleak

Look at those eyes, cunning and keen

Look at the size of those thighs, like a guys!

Those are the meatiest thights I have ever theen!

I mean...

They died!

They died!

Wait, their hair is dyed.

They couldn't fight off the killer

but I'm sure they tried.

What a waste!

What a waste!

My accusations are not in haste.

There are reasons

In clues I am not lacking

The killer is bound to keep attacking

I think it's one of them, I must confide

They've died! medium132013-09-01 14:03:17

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 01 Sep 2013, 15:55

Dead to 5 potential hosts of the Phoenix force... Gladiator had mixed feelings...

But the Majestor of the Shi'Ar empire quickly told himself he didn't come here for cosmic affairs, he came to sing!

Gladiator walked up the stage, knowing full well how impressed the audience would be upon seeing the Majestor of the greatest empire ever known to the galaxy.

"Who on Earth is that mohawk?", someone in the audience whispered.

Gladiator remained unmoved.

He started singing.

I am what I am

I am your entertainer

So hear me sing

Let me do my thing

Let me rip off Gloria Gaynor

It's my empire

But as Majestor, I'm not free

My empire

The people in front of me always kneel

Life's not worth a damn

Till I can say

I am what I am

I am what I am

I'm no born leader, I am no killer

I want to sing!

Some think it's noise I think it's chilling

And so what if I love each sparkle and each bangle

Why not see things from a different angle

Your life is a shame

Till you can shout out I am what I am

I am what I am

And what I am needs no excuses

I deal my own deck

Sometimes the aces sometimes the deuces

It's one life and there's no return and no deposit

One life so it's time to open up your closet

Life's not worth a dam till you can shout out

I am what I am

I am what I am

I am what I am

And what I am needs no excuses

I deal my own deck sometimes the aces sometimes the deuces

It's one life and there's no return and no deposit

One life so it's time to open up your closet

Life's not worth a dam till you can shout out

I am what I am

I am I am I am good

I am I am I am strong

I am I am I am worthy

I am I am I belong

I am

I am

Who whoooo etc.

I am

I am I am I am useful

I am I am I am true

I am I am somebody

I am as good as you

I am thinking Jubilee or Feron might be the killer

Yes I am

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 01 Sep 2013, 17:18

Sinister stood in the wings. He was confident - he had known Gilbert and Sullivan, attended the opening of several Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals, had lunch with Leonard Bernstein, and still nipped over to New York to see whatever Sondheim was being put on, after having a brief Scotch in Sardi's. Musicals were his thing - surely no-one was expecting him to spend all his time on manipulating mutants, causing chaos and being terrifically evil? A man had to relax, and listening to some classic Broadway tunes was Sinisters way of doing it - after all, he liked to add an air of theatricality to everything he did. He turned to the clones he had picked accompany him and serve as backing dancers for this particular song. The Maruaders were, as always, at his command. However, it was the first time that he had seen them looking genuinely uncomfortable. He did a brief role call, to ensure that all was correct. Vertigo, Blockbuster, Arclight, Harpoon, Lady Mastermind, Mastermind, and Malice, or clones thereof, stood in a line, in order of height. They all wore outfits that looked like they had been made out of curtains (they had. He'd had Malice possess a seamstress - she'd made Sinister a fair few outfits too)The girls wore dresses, the men, lederhosen. Sinister himself was dressed in the garb of Captain Von Trapp (the actual outfit Christopher Plummer wore in the film - Sinister had travelled back to 1964 to steal the outfit from the Salzburg set)Leading the Marauder Von Trapp's onto the stage, Sinister was glad to see that the stage had been set appropriately: a large cast iron double bed had been positioned in the middle. Sinister climbed in, the Marauder Von Trapps arranging themselves into childlike poses around him. Then Sinister began:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3aBB-J9vhgThe phoenix in redheads and diamonds on foreheads
Families named Summers and Moorlocks who are dead
Fooling those X-Men with undefeatable schemes
These are a few of my favorite things

Torture and maiming and genetic mutatingBloodshed and slaughter and Xavier baiting
Cable and Stryfe and those other Daysprings,

Fusing that Polaris with my little Malice
Making whole hordes of those gross Morlocks vanish
Frock coats and breeches and big capey things,

When that Jean dies
When they beat me
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad'Sinister sweeped off the stage, the Maruder Von Trapps tailing behind in order.

In the wings, Sinister took a moment to glare at Feron and Jubilee. Pathetic genetic specimens...

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 01 Sep 2013, 21:35

Martinque stood in her dressing room and raged. This was no time for killing. Murder without a real reason was just tacky (like her sister). Only a fool with no hope of winning (like her sister) would ever murder contestants. Nope winning properly was the better way to do things. Martinique would be better than such a person (it was probably her sister). That's the problem with super powers. Between telepathy, illusions, and shape shifting it would be easy to enter as someone else and infiltrate. Besides why kill the Cuckoos. Besides being blonde, that's always a reason to die (ask her sister).Summoning an illusion of a dress much more shapely and glamorous than anything that five-centuries out of style Enchantress would stock for the contestants, Martinique took the stage.I've got your number now
I know just what you've done
You've got no place to hide
You've got nowhere to runI know you did the crime
I think it's Reveal Time!Come on, come on
Think about all those dupes
Come on, come on
You married a teenage blonde!
Come on, come on
There's strength in numbers!C-c-come on!He's his own alibiWhen we're dead
The show will be yours, yours
Yeah, yeah, yeahCome on, Madrox
Come on, Jaime
Come on, Multiple ManIt's Confession TiiiimeThen again that little brat Layla wasn't here to think for Jaime Madrox. He'd need a real brain to plot anything a gaggle of telepaths couldn't see coming. Maybe it was Sinister, he's smart enough.

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 02 Sep 2013, 06:58

Broo was most upset. The first night of SuperHero Idol and he'd had the most dreadful sleep the evening before.

He quickly dabbed some more blush under his eye lids ( because the show's make-up artists refused to deal with him, shrieking and leaving the room when he politely entered) and took one more second to straighten his bow tie before being given his 2 minute call up.

Oh well, despite this minor set back...Im sure this wont affect my performance in any great negative way. Perhaps I can use my current predicament to inspire my music!!!..as I believe in the case with some of today's popular artist!s He thought to himself in an effort to lighten his darkened and nervous mood.

He stood below a single spotlight, encased in darkness as the music

began to play. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgz6PnHkmpY)

In sleep he baited me

In dreams he came

Sinister voice that calls me me, through skin of grey

I dare not

Dream again

Or Else, I'll Find...

The Man-Niiii-Pu-La-Tor of Mut-ant-kind is there...

...Inside my mind

Broo clutches his temples for Dramatic Effect and fights hard to shut

out the voice of Sinister he heard in his mind before falling

asleep the night before.

"Curious Ge-nome, Strange for your race

A power within you, grows stronger yet"

"So you should turn to me

Relent your will..

And Leeeet, me un-lock-the-potential-that-is there....

Inside your mind..."

"Those that have seen your face, draw back in fear

Why keep on holding back?

Such screams you'll hear!"

"Your spirit and my mind combined

Such Death!, Such FUN

The Scoouurge, of Mutant-Kind, nay Humanity, is there

Inside YOUR mind....

He finished on the ominous trembling low notes of the last line. Leaving complete silence in its wake. Until 30 seconds later when the majority of the audience stood to their feet, clapping loudly

"Thankyou!!!, though actually I am quite alarmed by all I've just said" stated Broo weakly, lost within the applause from the crowd.

It didnt help that Sinister himself gave Broo a malevolent wink as he came off stage. Next up was Magik who Broo was always secretly pleased had joined Scott Summers and his renegade group of X-Men

That girl also gave him the HeebeeJeeBee's...Mastermind2013-09-02 07:47:49

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 02 Sep 2013, 13:40

Psylocke sensed many conflicted emotions from her fellow contestants. Some seemed nervous, some seemed guilty about performing in the aftermath of such senseless death, and some, like Martinique, even seemed obsessed with past rivalries. Dazzler, in particular, seemed off, although Psylocke had enough respect for her friend to not invade her mind to see what was the matter. She needn't violate her brain to sense something was bothering the woman. Stage-fright, maybe? Maybe she was afraid she would be upstaged by a bunch of amateurs? Regardless, Psylocke steeled herself for her upcoming performance. She was here to show off her talent; there would be time to mourn later. After asking Dazzler if she would sing backup vocals for her song, Psylocke took to the stage dressed in her old Lady Mandarin outfit. She addressed the only judge who mattered, Amora, before beginning her performance. "I am grateful for the opportunity to perform for you once again, fair Enchantress, although there is still much of my story to be told. When we left off last, I had just barely touched on my physical transformation into the woman I am today. However, there is much more to that story than you yet know, as it didn't quite go as anyone planned. This story will be the subject of my second song."With that, the lights dimmed. Psylocke gave her band the signal and grabbed the mic. The familiar, heavy guitar riff began: My body swap operation got botchedThe goddess Roma fell asleep on the watch

Now what I've got is an Asian girl's crotchI'm a mixed-up psi-witchStart codon forward, Val codon backI am a, I'm a mixed-up psi-witchArg codon forward, Lys codon back

I am a, I'm a mixed-up psi-witchThe Hand filled my head with all sorts of lies

They made me lash out, made me sever all tiesI changed my name and assumed a disguiseI'm a mixed-up psi-witchStart codon forward, Val codon backI am a, I'm a mixed-up psi-witchArg codon forward, Lys codon back

I am a, I'm a mixed-up psi-witchArg codon forward, Lys codon backKwannon's body's got me all out of whackI want to purge her but she's got things I lackI'm a mixed-up psi-witch, mixed-up psi-witchMen were awed by my new tits on display(tits on displaaaaay)Jubilee told me she would get me someday(get her somedaaaay)They dragged me to Genosha one day
I'm a mixed up psi-witch
Start codon forward, Val codon backI am a, I'm a mixed-up psi-witchArg codon forward, Lys codon back

I am a, I'm a mixed-up psi-witchLong story short!Yeah, long story shortWhen I woke up from the operation I was reeling up hereI was reeling from my new body and my new brainFirst day as a ninja, already I was taking namesBut a few days later my mind patched upThe wounds healed and I was leftWith an eight-inch blade of deathWhere but-ter-fly used to be, where combat skill never wasThere was an eight-inch blade of deathWith a psi-knife protruding like the sharpest weapon from an bladesmith's waist It was just a little knife...Of an angry mind witch!Start codon forward, Val codon backKwannon's body's got me all out of whackI want to purge her but she's got things I lackI'm a mixed-up psi-witch, mixed-up psi-witchRaargh! I got a got aStart codon forward, stop codon backFocused totality will make your mind crack!This Lady Mandarin is set to attackI'm a mixed up psi-witch, mixed-up psi-witch!Her backup singer gave the final squeal, signaling the song's end, and Psylocke dropped the mic in triumph.

sixhoursoflucy2013-09-02 13:56:47

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 02 Sep 2013, 19:47

Illyana had never seen a musical but a little known fact about Limbo: The demonic residents loved music. Illyana would often perform show-stopping numbers to hordes of demons. To this day, she continued to teleport into Limbo to blow off some steam with a performance.

This was one she wrote early in her time there... Illyana still struggles to perform it without tears in her eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-L6rEm0rnY

Limbo!

Not a sound aside from demons

Has my brother forgotten me?

Leaving his sister all alone

In the hellfire

The last of my childhood withers at my feet

And my soul begins to moan

Snowflake!

All alone in this darkness

I can smile at the old days

I was innocent then

I remember the time Piotr saved me from a tractor

Let my brother rescue me again

Years Pass!

I must wait for the X-Men

I must think of my old life

And I musn't give in

When Piotr comes

Tonight will be a memory too

And a new day will begin

Endless days of demons raging

The stale cold smell of endless hell

The demons grow restless, another night is over

Another day is dawning

Save me!

It'd be so easy to rescue me!

All alone with these demons

I can't even remember the sun

If you save me

I'll come back to this nightmare with revenge in my heart!

And

A new rule will begin

Votes: Feron and GladiatorQuick and Dead2013-09-02 19:59:42

QDLux29

Post by QDLux29 » 03 Sep 2013, 08:48

In the hour after the Stepford Cuckoos were killed and showtime, the Enchantress went into her own office, which magically was a lot larger inside than what normal building floor plans dictated. Her current security guard came in behind her, and followed by two more just as strapping men.

“I need to relax. Take care of that for me, mortals.”

As the men approached her, a flash of light and the smell of burning flesh entered the room. Hela ) lay draped on her chaise-lounge.

“Your choice in men is just like your choice in music, dear Amora. Predictable and boring.” Hela seemed to immediately take the attention off of Amora, and the security guards moved toward the Goddess of Death. “Look but don’t touch. Unless you wish it to be your exquisite end.”

“What do I owe the pleasure, Hela?”

“I only wished to see how your empire was coming together. I wanted to see firsthand how you were going to win over these humans without taking them forcibly by war or magic.”

“Well, I’m glad you could stop by. Please have one, or three. I’ve got plenty more.” Amora gestured to the men, still in a trance around Hela.

“Oh, I’m not hungry…but my sweet pet is…” Out of the shadows a big grey wolf stalked toward them.

”There is already one mess of bodies to clean up, Hela. I really hope your Wolf Prince doesn’t leave me another.”

“I heard. How unfortunate for those little telepathic dolls. Have some compassion, Amora. You would think that if Death herself could mourn these little darlings, you could.”

“Yes, unfortunate. Unfortunate that I have no time for compassion. And now that you have ever so thoughtfully taken away my relaxation time, I must get back to work. It’s almost time for the show.”

Hela & her Wolf moved toward the door. “I will be watching, Amora, with many sets of eyes.”

___

After the last contestant performed, it was time for the Judges critiques. The contestants filed in, much like a chorus line. When the other three human judges started to speak, the Enchantress cut them off.

“My dear distinguished panel,” she smiled; “It was in my contract that you were only the preliminary judges. I’m unsure why security even let you in here. I thought it kind not to interrupt our lovely performers with having you removed, but I’ve had enough.”

They all looked shocked. Judge #3 looked especially upset at this decision.

“Now, that it’s just us…” she began.

“God, I hope I get it! I hope I get it!” Jubilee thought. (OCC: Start at 00:56)

“How many bodyguards does she need?” Mastermind said under her breath, as she counted at least 5 in the wings.

“How many costumes do I need?” Sinister would definitely need to get Malice to get working. He’d caught her making a few things for Dazzler as well. Why, he wondered. It was unacceptable.

“Sharra, I hope I get it!” Kallark was confident in his performance. It was sure to hit home with the gay audiences at home who were sure to tune into a show hosted by a strong woman, with excellent fashion sense, a sharp tongue and a penchant for surrounding herself with eye candy.

“I hope she got it!” Uatu contemplated his performance, and wondered if perhaps Amora really understood what he was going for with his RENT inspired number.

“How could someone kill those girls?” Madrox still felt awful about the Cuckoos and that he had yet to really dig around for clues for Monet. He was glad he sent a dupe to put on a tight t-shirt and sunglasses to blend in with Amora’s boy brigade to snoop around. He wasn’t going to miss his judgment though.

“How could we not have helped those girls?” Dazzlisto felt conflicted. She knew how she had gotten to this point and the choices she made. She was hoping that it wasn’t happening again.

“Look at all the cameras!” Broo was delighted to be on television.

“..at all the cameras…” Psylocke wondered if perhaps the cameras in the Cuckoos room might have caught whoever had done that to them.

“How many bodyguards does she need, someone killed those girls, helped those girls, how many costumes do I…”

“I really need this job. Please, Merlyn, I need this job! I’ve got to get this job!” Feron blurted out loud as Amora was still recapping the things she’s looking for in their performances. Magik moved away from him, as Amora glared in his direction.

“Well then. Let’s start with you, mage. Though your song choice was inspired; I played Domina once in an Off-Off-Off-Off Broadway production of Forum; it lacked anything about you. I need to know who you are, and quite honestly, after that interruption, I’m not sure I do.

Magik – your ballad brought me to tears. Well it would have, had I actual tear ducts or felt any sort of emotion when it came to children.

Psylocke – a little crass, but it definitely told me about you. Your costume choice was not exactly fabulous, but I let it slide. The Mandarin is an old friend, but he never did have good fashion sense.

Broo – Quite impressive. I wasn’t expecting that big a voice out of your small body. However, Phantom is tired. So unless you’re Gerard Butler with his 300 abs, I’ll pass.

Mastermind – I liked that you went with a lesser known song from a popular musical. I could really feel your need, like Audrey II’s. But again, I know nothing about you. How am I supposed to tell you or your sister apart besides hair color?

Sinister – Your costumes were incredible. The song fit right into your range. Great song choice. I don’t know if you sing really high, or if Julie Andrews just sings really low. However, your choice of back up really missed the mark for me. They were terribly miscast. We all know that Arclight is a Kurt, and Harpoon, with how little he says or adds to any plot, is the Louisa.

Gladiator – Majestor, I am very happy to have you here. I hope to make my empire as vast and well renown as yours. However, you definitely did not pick the right key for your song. You gave us some good bits about yourself in the lyrics, but in the note you gave us a different story of being sharp when you needed to be flat. I think the Gloria Gaynor key was just not right for you. Perhaps you should have gone with the one they used for Kelsey Grammar.

Uatu – Your cosmic reputation precedes you, Watcher. Another inspired song choice, using lesser known songs from a popular musical. I would to have liked to have seen you take a bigger risk. Maybe served us up some Village-Boho-drag-chic with “I’LL COVER YOU” or “TODAY 4 U”

Jubilee – Middle America may think your Jesus shtick is real and may get you some fan support, but just remember who you are trying to impress. An Asgardian. Pick your deity wisely. As for your song, it was middle of the road for me. You are no Patti LuPone. But at least you were better than that awful Princess Diaries person. Was she awful, Oscar be damned.

Dazzler – It’s so great to see you months after our film has been such a success. I’m so very grateful that you’ve decided to bring your shining star to our little show. I watched a bit of your private performance in my office, and I must say, it really is refreshing to see your inner struggle. As for your mainstage song, you made me want to get up and accuse people with you. But really, can we be candid? Can we talk about the hair? Disco has been dead and back more times that Jean Grey – and that hair style should really stay dead with it.

Multiple Man – You really shocked me today with your ability to command the stage. The song was an inspired choice, but next time, get your dupe to commit on the stage. Ripping your wig off during a performance is just bad drag form. And I won’t mention that he got a little pitchy toward the end…oh wait, I did.

Now for our next round! Aren’t you excited? I thought I’d go a little easier on you and say you have free reign over any Pop song over the last five years (another musical pun, I just couldn’t help myself)! So back to your dressing rooms and Let’s Get Musical!”

----

Feron felt completely defeated. As his guard escorted him back to his dressing room, he knew he needed to impress the Enchantress in this next round if he wanted to make it to the top. He shut the door behind him and lifted his head only to be met by a pair of hungry eyes.

___

It took Madrox & 5 dupes to bust down the door to Feron’s room. Madrox wasn’t sure what was worse, hearing the screaming stop, or what he saw when the door opened.

“His heart is missing.” Jubilee said behind a pair of dupes.

“So are his clothes.” Uatu stating the obvious, at least to those present. The boy lay naked, face up, legs toward the door.

“That’s not the only thing missing. The top of the poor boy’s head is ripped off.” Gladiator used his X-ray vision around the room, stopping at the top of Feron’s head. He walked over and picked it up from behind the sofa that each room has. Blood ran up the wall, and through the ventilation shaft, obviously the perpetrator escaping there.

“Should we pursue into the vent?” Broo looked up, as he moved between the legs of Madrox dupes.

“Not very wise. Whatever animal has done this, it could be much too powerful for one on one, face to face in a vent shaft. It took down a magic wielder, and even five telepaths.” Psylocke replied, actually wanting to follow as well, but thought better of a physical confrontation.

Magik pushed through everyone at the door, unaffected by the gruesome sight. “The mage did try to fight back. Good for him.” She made a few runes in the blood, but was then tossed into the mirror across the room. She was unhurt, but stunned. “Darker magic than mine is here.”

Enchantress appeared in the shattered glass. “This is Hela’s doing. I’m unsure why she is sabotaging my show, as she’s the one who got me back into this realm. I’m fairly sure one of you is helping her in this twisted game. But no time for that now. This is your places call.” She faded from the glass as the others just looked at each other.

Sinister, poking around Feron’s empty chest cavity, spoke up. ”It appears to be bite marks around his heart and head. I would say the organs were eaten.” He stood up, wiped his hands with a towel on the counter. ”Is anyone else fairly disappointed that the five year cutoff date leaves out the amazing pop resurgence of the boy & girl bands of the late 90s early 2000s?”

Shante You Stay

Jubilee - XTremeOne1 XXXX

Broo - Mastermind X

Dazzler (Callisto) – Savant XX

Sinister - HotKnives XXXX

Madrox - DasBoot XX

Uatu, the Watcher - Kipe X

Psylocke - sixhoursoflucy X

Gladiator - MartijnB X

Mastermind III – RingOtaku XXX

Magik - Quick and Dead X

Sashay Away

The Stepford Cuckoos (Showtunes: Chicago/Cell Block Tango)

Feron – Medium13 XXX

Congrats to HotKnives for getting the most player votes for their brilliant Sound of Music post and winning Immunity for this round!

Congrats to SixHoursofLucy for being the first to correctly guess Chicago’s Cell Block Tango as the modus operandi to kill the Stepford Cuckoos and having his first vote doubled.

Remember to PM QDLux29 your Votes:

First Bonus Challenge: each player will vote for which song/performance was the best each round. Player with the most votes will win immunity. Any ties will be decided by Amora.

Second Bonus Challenge: each Round's Death is inspired by a song from the assigned genre of that round. The first player (using the time stamps of the PM) to correctly guess the Title & Artist of the song, will have their first vote doubled.

ROUND 2 will end 8 PM EST on Thursday September 5!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 04 Sep 2013, 06:27

Jamie grimaced as his dupe that he'd sent to spy on Amora returned to the dressing room, head lowered in shame. "She caught you out, huh?" asked Jamie Prime. "Yeah, apparently if she catches us doing this again, we're out of the competition... and something about the way she said it made me think that she DOESN'T mean we'd be going home..." moped the dupe. "Okay, did you learn ANYTHING useful?" asked Jamie Prime."Yeah, I know she doesn't like that British boy band... you know? The one where the guy who inexplicably gets the most tail is the one who looks like something from a Jim Henson production?""You mean 'One Direction'?" asked Jamie Prime. "Yeah, that's the one," said the dupe. "She said she prefers that other one, although she only thinks two of them would be 'worthy of sating her hunger'. Man, she's a total lady rapist..." said the dupe. "Damn. I was hoping we could avoid this," muttered Jamie Prime. He turned to face his dupes. "Okay guys. It's come to this. Some of you are going to need to get REALLY stupid hair cuts..."Show time...Jamie and his four Madri walked on to the stage, the four dupes possessing ridiculously "trendy" hair cuts, skinny jeans and low-cut v-necked t-shirts in different pastel shades. Amora arched an eyebrow-- in interest or in morbid curiosity, Jamie wasn't sure. Oh well. Here goes...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGyHRKMPOE  "Have you seen that girl?Have you seen her?Paranormal freak, you should avoid her,She'll do whatever it takes to get the public vote... (whoa-oh-oh)It's not the way she cries when the camera rolls,It's not the way she stole a fellow orphan brat,The body count rises around her...She can't sing, she can't dance, but who cares, Jubes is a killer!She can't sing, she can't dance,but who cares, Jubes is a killer!Have you seen that bloke, have you seen him?Wore a ribbon cape, now he's dapper.He'll be the ghoul of your dreams if he can take a slice (Of yoooooou)You can feel him stare when he's in the room,He had an evil plan involving Jean Grey's womb.And the Marauders crowd around...He can sing, he can dance, but who cares? He's still Nathan Essex!He can sing, he can dance,but who cares? He's still Nathan Essex!She ripped off Boom-Boom! Boom-Boom!She ripped off Boom-Boom! Boom-Boom!His science spells Doom-Doom! Doom-Doom!His science spells Doom-Doom! Doom-Doom!"The Madri carried on with their proclamation of the guilt of Sinister and the young Vampiress until the music faded out behind them. As they walked off stage, the dupes turned to Amora in unison and winked... well. If Jubilee was going to crack out the sob-stories, Jamie wasn't above a little bit of a flirtation to try to get Amora on side. 

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 04 Sep 2013, 10:59

Jubilee made her way to the stage, glaring at Jamie and his dupes as she passed. "That was cold dude!" She screamed after him, "I use to like you!" She turned her head and held it, marching onto the stage without a glance back at Jamie.As she stopped at center stage, she took a deep breath, "Just so you know, this song is not me approving of the singer."Do you ever feel like a mutant kid
Running from the bigots, gotta to fight again?
Do you ever feel, like your life's mess
Like your house or school, got explod-edDo you ever feel like your into deep?
Sentinels are here, but humans don't say a peep
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause I've got a spark in me?I'm going to ignite the sky and shot 'em way up high
I'll own the fight for mutant rights!'Cause baby, I make fireworks
Come on, watch me show 'em where it hurts
Make 'em go, ouch, ouch, ouch
As I shoot fireworks on high, -igh,-igh Baby, I make fireworks
Come on, watch my colors burst
I'm gonna hit ''em them to the ground -ound -oundYou don't have to feel like you are afraid
Your hero's here, she's gonna kick 'em in the face
If you wanna know, just sit back and watch show
After I am through, they'll just give up and bowThere is no reason reason why we should be exposed
So human could track us down,  lead us down a dangerous road
With a plasma bolt, I'll make 'em all eat crow
And when it's time, they'll knowI'm going to gotta ignite the sky and shot 'em way up high
I'll own the fight for mutant rights!'Cause baby, I make fireworks
I'm gonna hit ''em them to the ground -ound -oundBoom, boom, boom
I'm still better than Boom Boom, BOOM
I've never stop fighting you, you, you
And now it's time to let say your through, -ough, -ough'Cause baby, I make fireworks
Make 'em go, ouch, ouch, ouchI'm gonna hit ''em them to the ground -ound -oundBoom, boom, boom
I'm still better than Boom Boom, BOOM
Boom, boom, boom
I'm still better than Boom Boom, BOOMVOTES: Broo and Gladiator

XtremeOne12013-09-04 11:00:27

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 04 Sep 2013, 13:17

Sinister was annoyed. The strict time frame they had been given took away a lot of plans Sinister had made - he loved his early 2000's pop. And don't even get him started on the Spice Girls - he'd been zig -a- zig- a - ing before it was fashionableStill, it was about time he took this competion a little bit more seriously. A ballad would help. He called Seamstress Malice over. 'I'm going to need a dress. A big dress. Oh, and a wig. A big bouffanty wig. And call Psylocke over - I need some make-up tips'Once his outfit was ready, Sinister pulled it on. Looking in the mirror, he was impressed. The dress was floral, and large enough to cover his broad shoulders. The wig blonde, and well fitted, and combed into a hairdo that Dusty Springfield would probably have thought was overdoing it slightly. And the make up? Psylocke had really come through for him - the smoky eye set made his eyes stand out, and really made his diamond pop. There was no need for backing dancers - instead he grabbed a whole line of Madelynes. They were to sway dramatically in the background. Everything set, Sinister strode onTapping the microphone, he announced 'This one's for Jean. And Madelyne. And all those red headed X-Men out there'The cameraman panned out, but Sinister grabbed him, forcing him to zoom close onto Sinisters eerie face'Except for you Hope', Sinister continued 'Nobody cares about you. Not even me! And I love my redheads'Taking centre stage in a solitary spotlight, Sinister beganhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0I heard that you've, died again
That you had a stroke, and you're, in the ground
I heard Scott cheated on youFor a girl, who couldn't compare to youOld foe, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back from coming back to lifeI hate to tell the truth out the blue, uninvitedBut I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd be back and you'd be reminded
That for me, it isn't overNever mind, I'll make someone like youShe may be batsh*t crazy, but she'll do
I'll call her Madelyne, I said, because I really like the cakes
But she ran off, became a goblin queen instead
But she ran off, became a goblin queen insteadYou know how the time flies
Only yesterday, she was bought to lifeShe was born and raised in a test tube hazeWoke up when you died, in a lazer rayI hate to tell the truth out the blue, uninvited But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd be back and you'd be reminded
That for me, it isn't overNever mind, I'll make someone like youShe may lost her mind, but she'll do
You both have red hair, have Summers affairsRegrets and mistakes there's many you've madeIshould have known how crazy a clone you would makeNever mind, I'll make someone like youShe may have gone deranged, but she'll do
Never mind, I'll make someone like youShe may be f*cking nuts, but she'll do
But she ran off, became a goblin queen insteadThe music ended, and the spot went off, leaving Sinister with his head bowed'And...scene' He whispered. This would show them all the vulnerable Nathaniel Essex that he was hiding behind his cold, impossibly evil shellBroo & Multiple Man

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 04 Sep 2013, 14:54

Martinique sighed as she searched through song lists on her smartphone. Really? As if there were any good songs from the last five years. She expected this kind of logic from one of those insipid teens like Pixie. But Enchantress is the only person on Earth older than Joan Rivers. She of all people should have respect for classic music."Okay. I can do this. I am the best member of my family. At everything."Checking her costume trunk again Martinique growled in frustration. She should have brought her own clothes. Oh well. Illusion powers means cheating.Ten minutes later Martinique Jason walked onto stage casting an illusion over everyone that she was wearing a pair of blue jeans so tight that they might be body paint as well as a black leather corset with red trim. She was her own personal fashion genre and proud of it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic"

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I saw a corpse backstage,
Don't ask who, I don’t care
I looked at Broo and sighed,
And now I can’t have my way

I'd trade my sisters for a croissant,
Pennies and dimes are all they’re worth
I was looking for fame,
But now death is in my way

You want to kill us all,
Ripped heades, lungs was showin'
But I just want some spotlight
Why can’t you just spare me, baby?

Hey, I just got here,
And this is crazy,
So please don’t kill me,
I’ll bribe you, maybe!

It's hard to sing awesome
Win some votes,
Tired of crime sprees,
So spare me, maybe!

Hey, it’s sibling rivalry,
It doesn’t make me crazy,
But kill my sister instead,
She deserves it, maybe!

And all the other bodies,
Do what you want,
I’m amoral not Evil
Live and let live, maybe!

You can kill who you want,
I just want to be exempt
I just want luxury,
Even hippies get to play with me

I might have used to steal
Nothing I make you see is real
I didn't know I would get bored,
But it's how it goes

You spilled their blood,
Corpses lacking organs on this show'
I just want a legit job
Why you gotta ruin it, baby?

Hey, I just reformed,
And I’m not crazy,
So I won’t stop you,
Don’t kill me, maybe!

I’ll ignore the kill count
From you baby,
But I can bribe you,
I can win, maybe!

Don’t want no teamups

Ignore dear Regan

Let her terrorize

I’ll just sip martinis"Walking off stage Martinique glared at Madrox and Sinister. She still suspected them even if she'd prefer not to do anything about it.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 05 Sep 2013, 02:26

X-Mansion:

Broo was super excited. The minute they'd been released from back

stage, he'd raced back to the institute in order to start preparing for

his "Pop" round.

He walked down the coridoor, ignoring the usual taunts from Quintin and

Julian, until he found himself in front of a door where he knocked and

waited patiently.

"Oh, Hey Broo" said Mercury as she answered the door and found the

little Broodling.

"Good Afternoon Cessily, I hope I haven't inturupted important lesiure

time activites, like doing additional credit work or personal

reflection" said Broo with a upbeat but concerned tone

"I need to find some music for my performance tomorrow...I tried Idie

first, but I'm not sure if "Hillsong: Christianitys Greatest" will be

contemporary enough for the show."

"I was wondering therefore, if I could borrow a Compact Disc from

you?!" asked Broo

"A what?!" replied Mercury furrowing her brow slightly

"Oh, my appologies...a C.....D" said Broo chuffed at the use of the

human abbreviation.

"Oh, um..yeah.. I'll see.. maybe Pixie has something... wait here a

second yeah. I'll see what we have" said Mercury, closing the door

slightly

Broo stood patiently still, picking a a small bit of lint of his

jacket, whilst he could hear Cessily rummaging around in her room.

She returned brandishing a small bright pink coloured case with a

strong looking woman with her tounge out on the front.

"Sorry Dude, Pixie said you can have this.." said Cessily in a

casual kind of tone " ..We all use Itunes now"

"Brilliant... Success!" replied Broo in his usual upbeat manner

Perfomance Time

Broo was Ready. He'd had a better nights sleep. He'd rehersed all

evening and was really pleased with the calibre of his live wire

routine. He adjusted his leather pants and hoped that they would not

chafee too much when he danced. Otherwise, he was ready to put the

Brood right on the Map, musically speaking.

He beamed with confidence was he walked out when he was announced to

the audience.

Judge #2: "Good Evening Broo.. What have you got for us this tonight."

Broo: "I wish to perform "U and Ur Hand" by Pink! Whose real name is

Alecia Beth Moore.. Born September 8, 1979... Mother of --"

"Judge #3: Woah Woah Woah dog! Yo.. I helped produced that album

man!..that song came out in 2006 Dude!!!"

** The Camera pans to Judge # 1 who's pulling a Tyra Banks " Oh no

she didnt face"

Broo: ... Oh?! ...but.... but may I"

He walks off stage quickly and returns with a small CD case.

Broo:"It states on this label that it was released in 2010?!!" he

points at the date.

*** The Camera vooms in on the CD case. It's PINK: Greatest Hits.. So

far"**

Judge #1: "Broo.. this is very serious.. We specifically said within

the last 5 years."

Broo: " I am sorry, Earth customs are still relatively new to me. I

assumed that its release date made it a new song and thus subject to

use in my performance tonight" he fumbles with his hands and goes

red against his natural brown colouring.

"I would be ever so greatful if you would let me perfom this peice. Ive

put so much effort into it."

Judge #1: "Im afraid me and the other judge may have to consider this

and make a verdict"

*** The Camera pans in on a distraught looking Broo and then across

to the 4 judges, heads bowed in serious discussion. Whilst the

appropriate tension music is played in the background..***

***Commercial Break****

*** When the show returns the narrator repeats the situation and

footage is repeated of the anxious Broo and deliberating judges***

*** After many tense moments the judges face the performer***

Judge #3: "Dawg you be so lucky right now.. we gonna put our necks out

for you this ONE time kid... You better make this worth it"

Judge #2: "This really has to be a show stopper!" reiterated the second

judge.

Broo: "Oh Thankyou.. Thankyou So much. I will try my hardest.. Thankyou

once again" he said beaming once more.

He does one more check of his outfit then moves into position awaiting

the beginning of his peice

We must nail this Broo.. we can do it

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUtHjOvPKT0)

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh Oh

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh Oh

Feron's Out

Going Down

Its a Shock Sight

Stress is High

Suspicious Eyes

Its a c**k Fight

I can't tell

I might know

What is going Down

Tonight

Martinique's Gonna Freak, cause she cant stand

Jamie Prime, Multiply, just beginning

That's when Mohawk-head puts his hands on me

and he speaks

"Whilst your here for their entertainment

I'll be keeping a close eye on your tonight

One wrong step and it'll take a second

I'll snap the very light out of your life

Cause you know, we Shi'ar

Do not just forget

Keep your talons and your eggs to yourself

Can a Sleazoid really change his stripes?!"

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh Oh

(During this moment Broo, starts his impressive band of cronking)

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh Oh

Prejudice!

Im Stunned!

Can he be so Blind?!

Ignorant

Majestor

Hit too many times

Unique!

Not Hive

I am but one

That's Right!

Please go back and ask Profes-sor Logan

I come with the highest com-men-dation

Just let me solve this crime tonight

Aiiiiirght

Whilst Im here to be Entertaining

I also really want to win this crown tonight

Lets stop and take a second

To catch the person who just took dear Feron's Life

I believe it may be

The DarkChylde herself!

Demonic Limbo Chick, with plenty of Baggage

I wont die at her hands tonight!

(Suddenly two ropes are dropped down to the stage around him.

Seemlessly and subtly he clips their connections into his harness

and is hoisted up above an gob-smacked crowd.)

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh Oh

(He continues to soar and execute a serious of wonderful acrobatic

twists and twirls)

Break .. Break... Break.. Break

Break it Down!

(As he's being lowered back to the stage)

She was part of that atrocious Pheonix Five Fuss

Sent Ms. Marvel to limbo, doesn't that just suck

Beloved Leader, Xavier never saw his dream seen

Stop Spillin' this Blood! you Fiend! ... Yeah

(He un-hooks from the Harness and walks down towards the front

of the stage)

(Spoken with Attitude and accompanying finger pointing attitude)

"You know who you are"

"High Ruler, Talking in Tongues, Bet you're going back to hell aren't

Ya!"

Cause

Whilst you're here for their entertainment

I'll be keeping a close eye on you tonight

One wrong step and it will take a second

I'll tell Amora, you'll be booted from fans sight

Cause you know what's at Stake

Fifteen Minute Fame!

Keep your sword and your hexes to yourself!

Or I'll call Dr. Strange Tonight!

(He throws in one more quick spurt of lively dancing)

Cause

Whilst you're here for their entertainment

I'll be keeping a close eye on you tonight

One wrong step and it will take a second

I'll tell Amora, you'll be booted from fans sight

Cause you know what's at Stake

Fifteen Minute Fame!

Keep your sword and your hexes to yourself!

Or I'll call Dr. Strange Tonight!

Yeah... oh oh ohhh

He dropps his hands and head to finalise his performance and as if

on cue, the audience stands with rousing applause and whistles!

As the crowd begin to quiet, Broo composes himself again and looks to

see the reaction from the judges.

Judge #4: "Well Broo, Despite the song choice.. that wasn't bad.. I

liked it.. Let's hope my other judges and the audience at home agrees"

Broo: " Yes,.. thankyou.. .. okay.. thankyou again" he replied as

he walked off stage.

When out of sight he kneel's over a chair, completely dismayed at the

prospect of being sent home for his mistake.

He tries to steal himself. He will sing for his life if

necessary. (and possibly fight for it too if the contest

continues the way it has...)Mastermind2013-09-05 03:56:36

Savant

Post by Savant » 05 Sep 2013, 07:00

"Cal, can we talk?" Marrixie whispered. She looked pale, even for Pixie. The new murder put her on edge.

"No." Dazzlisto snapped. A security goon watched as she pulled Pixie into her dressing room and slammed the door. Ergstar caught the hint and decided to catch the big guy's attention by 'accidentally' punching Luggernaut in the face. The security guard cursed as Luggernaut picked up a chair.

"Don't call me that." Dazzlisto hissed, her voice still low. "Amara can hear everything. The killer probably can too."

"The killer is the problem, Alison. I think we should get out of here, before someone else dies, someone like you."

"I don't run. But I am sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

Knowing that Marrixie wouldn't take no for an answer and with precious little time to prep her performance, Dazzlisto punched Pixie, hard. Pink wings sputtered as the unconscious girl fell but Dazzlisto caught her before she could hit the ground. "For the headache you'll have when you wake up. At least this way, you'll stay out of trouble." Dazzlisto reopened the door, leaving Pixie on the couch.

Dazzlisto would needed to build up a crowd, quickly. "JP, with me. Jugs, keep an eye on Pixie, she said she wasn't feeling well so she's laying down." Dazzlisto stepped over the goon, who lay on the floor nursing a black eye.

Dazzlisto found a group of four duplicates milling about in front of Jamie Madrox's dressing room. They watched a television screen. Broo was performing. With the same on trend haircut and designer skinny jeans, the four could only be distinguished by the different pastel color of each low-cut v-neck t-shirt.

She pointed to the nearest one. "Madri, you duplicates can create additional dupes, like your Prime, correct?"

The fuschia t-shirt wearer sniffed. "Of course."

"What is your background, Madri?"

His sour face softened. "I studied classical literature at Oxford. And now i'm here, trapped in a modern world of Spear-Danes..."

Neon orange shirt put his face in his hands. "Ugh, not again."

The fuschia shirt stood on a chair and began his recitation:

"... But when dawn broke and day crept in, over each empty, blood-spattered bench, the floor of the mead-hall where they had feated would be slick with slaughter..."

"Silence." Dazzlisto moved on. "And you, Mint?"

"I studied metamodernist feminist epistology at Vassar."

"You passed for a female?"

"I played Juliet in the 2010 Philaletheis Society production and was a featured soloist for AirCapella. What to hear me whistle 'All I want for Christmas is you?'"

"Not if your life depended on it. Madri, I seek a warrior, not a performer. Have any of you done anything physical, at all?"

The dupe wearing a lemon yellow shirt caught Dazzlisto's eye. "Studied Shaolin Kung Fu. I was a Shield Agent, too. Deep undercover."

"The Middle East?"

"Hawaii. Later, France. Prime had me tail M and Siryn when they went shopping."

"France? Perfect. Follow me, Lemon."

He shrugged. Why not? The alien cheated anyway, it wasn't worth sticking around.

+++

Dazzlisto positioned herself behind a keyboard in the center of the stage. As the lights focused upon her, she winked at the Enchantress. The goddess was surrounded by a sea of lemon-yellow shirt-wearing Madri.

"You know, a lot of people forget that I started my career behind a keyboard." Dazzlisto struck a key, triggering the keyboard matrix circuit to power on. Ergstar sent lighting bolts flying out of Dazzlisto's fingers and into the crowd.

"Enchantress, this song's for you." Dazzlisto raised her hand into the air, smiled and hit another key, spurring a modeled guitar synth with palm mute articulations. The Madri started cheering.

music

"You dissed my hair

While wearing your synthetic weave

You corseted, full-on Monet

Feron is dead but you would not give time to grieve

A killer's loose and we're the prey."

Dazzlisto raised her arms in the air and bathed in the bass line, emboldened by the knowledge that Enchantress was being buffeted by a sea of boy band Madri.

"You're full of fail, acrylic nails,

Sashay Away, Sashay away.

Aged bitty, rest on pretty

You're throwing shade but I won't break

I'm adamantium

I'm adamantium

Cut me down

But it's you who'll have further to fall

It's your show, with murdered guests

Jubilee, her hungry eyes may choose the dead

And Sinister's singing too much

Dazzlisto stepped out from behind the keyboard, fist-pumping in triumph. The Madri joined her. With each word, she moved closer to the edge of the stage.

You're full of fail, acrylic nails

Aged bitty, rest on pretty

I'm adamantium

I'm adamantium.

I'm adamantium.

I'm adamantium.

I'm adamantium.

Charisma, Uniqueness

I got nerve and talent, too.

Stone-hard as Wolverine's ass

I'm adamantium

I'm adamantium

I'm adamantium

I'm adamantium"

Dazzlisto jumped into the crowd. She surfed across the sunny sea of Madri, singing "I'm adamantium." As the music ended, they deposited her perfectly on the edge of the stage, where she took a bow before leaving.

Savant2013-09-05 07:15:14

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 05 Sep 2013, 12:43

Psylocke was admittedly a little miffed by the Enchantress's bruising
critique of her heartfelt performance. Still, she took her criticism to
heart, and decided to be a little less crass in her next song. If she wanted to win this, she had to be adaptable—and if there was one skill Psylocke had learned over the years, it was how to adapt. Sporting her classic blue bathing suit, She took to the stage after Dazzler had finished her second song and surfed away atop her audience. Once the attention was back on her, Psylocke addressed the one remaining judge (and the only judge who mattered anyway). "Thank you for having me back, fair Enchantress. I appreciate your opinion on my first performance and will have you know that I have incorporated your suggestions into this next performance," Psylocke said. "Thank you for your thoughts on my fashion as well. I was at least brainwashed by the Hand into wearing that outfit," she told Amora with a sly grin on her face. "...what's your excuse?"After the murmurs died down, Psylocke continued. "Thankfully, this song is about a less vulgar time of my life. I originally wrote this song to reflect on my romance with one of my first loves. However, I've updated it to include my thoughts about the unfortunate murders occurring in our midst—and the person who might be responsible."The music started, and Psylocke began to sing:Hell-fire Club Gala, several years ago,I was in your sights, you got me aloneYou found me
You found me
You found me-e-e-e-e

You had long blond hair, but didn't have a wifeBut then we parted ways, and then you spent your lifeWithout me, without me, without me-e-e-e-e

Your skin was blue, when we met up nextYour metallic wings... they had me vexed
'Cause your name once was Warren WorthingtonBut it was Death now
Flew me to places I've never been
'Til I screwed around, oh
Your name once was Warren Worthington'Twas Archangel now, ohFlew me to places I've never been
Then I'm lying in the cold hard ground

Oh, oh
Angel, Angel, AngelOh, oh
Angel, Angel, Angel No apologies, you didn't really dieYou're just a vampire, and that's the reason why
You're freezingYou're freezingYou're freezing
I heard you have a kid, from cretins on the street
A midnight snack at best, is all she'll ever be
You're JuuubileeJuuuubileeJuuuubileeEe-ee-ee-ee

It was long ago, when you met me
In Madripoor, I wish I had seen, hey

I knew you were trouble when you walked in
A vam-pire, why, Who even agreed to let you in?Gonna suck us dry, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
A vam-pire nowWho even agreed to let you inAt night you're lying in the cold hard ground

Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
Psylocke left the stage when she finished. She didn't receive a rousing round of applause like Dazzler had, but then again, she hadn't stacked the audience with her fans, either.
sixhoursoflucy2013-09-05 12:49:11

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 Sep 2013, 13:43

Madrox and his dupes listened to Psylocke's song backstage.

"Hey," said the dupe in the yellow t-shirt, a big dumb grin plastered over his face. "Y'know how everyone thinks she wrote that song about the dude from One Direction? It's actually about me," he said with a wink.

The rest of the dupes turned to look at him in disgust.

"You're literally the worst human being ever," groaned Madrox Prime, before reabsorbing that dupe with the intention of never releasing him ever again. This was one boyband that were never ever EVER getting back together.

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 05 Sep 2013, 14:10

Recent pop music... was the Enchantress accusing some contestants of the fact their lyrics failed to cover recent events? This may certainly be true for Kallark, he is a traditionalist, a purist, maybe he should up his game...

Furthermore... his super vision allowed him to read the judge's notes... "sure to hit home wit the gay audience at home"? Kallark wasn't sure what that meant, on Chandillar "I am what I am" was known as a very macho and heterosexual anthem! Almost as macho as hairdressing, Kallark thought, whilst stroking his mohawk. Or as macho as strong muscular men in spandex tights for that matter.

Needless to say, when asked to rework a recent Earth song, Gladiator immediately considered Lady GaGa's work.

Oh, caught in a killing spree

Broo, broo, roo, roo, roo

U, a , Uatu

Kallark, ooh, lu, lu

Want no killing spree

U, a , Uatu

Kallark, ooh, lu, lu

Want no killing spree

I want no murders, I want no mischief

I want no criminality at all on this stage

I want your love

Love, love, love, I want your love

I want your warmth, I want your amor

I want the blessing of the judge Amora

I want your love

(Love, love, love, I want your love)

You know that I want you

And you know that I need you

In this contest I really wanna advance

I want your love, and I want to advance

Even if the next round's theme is dance

U, a , Uatu

Kallark, ooh, lu, lu

Want no killing spree

I want your love

I want your love

(Love, love, love, I want your love)

You know that I want you

And you know that I need you

In this contest I really wanna advance

U, a , Uatu

Kallark, ooh, lu, lu

Want no killing spree

U, a , Uatu

Kallark, ooh, lu, lu

Want no killing spree

Walk, walk, fashion, baby

Work it, move that thing, crazy

Walk, walk, passion, baby

Work it, I'm a freak, baby

I want your love, and I don't want your revenge

I want your love, or I wanna be friends

J'ai ton amour et je veux ton revenge

J'ai ton amour, I don't wanna be friends

Want no killing spree

(Oh, caught in a killing spree)

Want no killing spree

Want no killing spree

(Oh, caught in a killing spree)

U, a , Uatu

Kallark, ooh, lu, lu

Want no killing spree

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 05 Sep 2013, 20:55

Being forced to train Pixie a few years back had made Magik more familiar with pop music than she was comfortable admitting.

Greetings fellow mutants

Let's take a journey!

I rule the place,

Where the New X-Men were captured!

Hot, dry and wild,

I wouldn't let them leave until their souls bled.

Sippin' vodka 'n' juice,

Slashing through demons by the thousands!

Pixie, sold her soul,

trying to save her pathetic friends!

You could travel the world,

But nothin' comes close,

To this demonic coast!

Once you party with me,

you'll be trippin' over your own disembodied limbs!

Oh oh oh ohhhhhhh!

Limbo girl, I'm unforgivable,

Killer bangs, soulsword in hand!

Demonkissed skin,

So hot i'll melt your popsicle!

Oh oh oh ohhhhhhh!

Limbo Girl, But I'm so adorable,

Young, innocent, tragic

I got the X-Men around my finger!

New Mutants represent, now put your swords up!

Oh oh oh ohhhhhhh!

You could whine all you want,

But nothin' comes close,

To an overprotective steel big brother

Once you get on my bad side

I'll risk the whole universe to destroy you!

Oh oh oh ohhhhhhh!

Votes: Broo and Dazzler

Quick and Dead2013-09-05 20:56:16

Kipe

Post by Kipe » 05 Sep 2013, 21:08

The Watcher took the stage.

I saw his heart ripped out to the beat of blood

Oh, what a shame he could have been someone

It's time to pound the alarms

Let's take the monsters of the night down cause the children died young

The children died young

The children died young

The children died young

The children died young

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Out of sight, out of mind

This killer has nothing but time

Wild child's now wolf food

Heart no longer beating like it should

Nobody was watching when the wolf was tearing it up (You Know)

There's some kind of magic that my eyes can't touch (For sure)

Looking for a killer tonight (yeah)

Take my hand or I'll be blindsided

It might be the last night of our lives(uh huh)

We'll keep singing 'till we die

(OOC: Psylocke and Magik)

QDLux29

Post by QDLux29 » 06 Sep 2013, 08:45

As the alien Broo finished his very entertaining P!NK cover, Amora was a bit puzzled when the creature was up on stage talking to himself

”When you’re done, you are free to exit and wait with the others.”

She peered at him with her mystical senses, and saw a peculiar aura around him. He continued babbling on, something about “dawg” and “showstopper” and “verdict.” As she got up from her table at the front of the stage, she noticed Mastermind giggling to herself in the corner.

”Ms. Jason. I demand you release this creature immediately from your illusion. Backstage antics aside, I will not have you all interfere with each other’s performances. If I catch you, or any of you pulling a stunt like this again, I’ll be sure to break something.”

Her giggling ceased, and Broo came too, visions of Mercury’s face melting into Martinique’s; and Amora staring at him blankly as the other three judges faded from his memory.

“That was not a very nice trick to pull, daughter of Wyngarde!”

”No, it was not, Broo. I will take that into consideration when it comes time for your critique and whether or not you face consequences for choosing a song past the five year cut off.”

----

Judge #3 watched from a high balcony seat, still miffed about Amora’s dismissal of her and the other judges. After all the work she’d put in to choosing Amora’s contestants for this little game. Amora was now getting in her way.

A wolf suddenly appeared, stalking toward her, making a soft yet threatening growl.

”Good work, taking out the mage. His powers will be a great asset added to my army. Let’s see who should be next to join the armies of Hel.”

----

After Uatu’s Ode to Ke$ha, Amora had a surprise for the audience back at home.

”Hello, out there! You all know I live to entertain. With this particular challenge, I also wanted to show my appreciation, the best way I know how.”

Music started. Amora waved her hands & snapped her fingers. Her costume morphed into a stunning high fashion ensemble. A slew of her bodyguards, wearing similarly styled costumes strutted onstage.

Backstage, most of the contestants were not amused with the delay.

”This is what she considers fashion?” Psylocke was not amused, especially after the dig she had received previously from the Enchantress.

”Anyone else get a total Mrs. Robinson vibe from her?” Madrox quipped, still feeling the effects of being ogled by the sorceress almost twenty times over from all the dupes he’d reabsorbed earlier.

”Mrs. Robinson? I thought her name was Amora?” Kallark was sure he’d heard that correctly.

”It’s an Earth song, Majestor.” Broo stated, quite proud of his Earth knowledge. Kallark was so confused about all the current Earth music.

Amora’s performance ended. The horde of man candy dispersed, and her costume mystically appeared again.

”Thank you, my wonderful audience!” she said to the empty seats in the studio. ”Now, it’s time for my critiques!

Uatu – your song choice was yet again spot on. You really used those words to the best of your advantage. But I’m still unsure why you want to be a part of Golden Apple Records. Perhaps something to think about next round.

Magik – Limbo sounds like an absolute magical place that should be on everyone’s destination bucket list. I’ll be asking my assistant to look into reservations. However, can we see if the stylists can help you with your color scheme? I mean, yellow and black is just so….School for Gifted Youngsters.

Gladiator – Another great song choice. I give my blessing. I would really like to hear you show us the full power of that voice next round. Really give it to me.

Psylocke – dear, I have seen fashions come and go. Probably more than you’ve seen mutants get in and out of your bed. This classic look that you have on now is really what you should continue to go with. It puts your best assets forward. As for the song, I myself have a soft spot for Warren. I was delighted to hear he’s back, and younger. Do send him my love.

*ahem*Dazzler – your new attitude really came across in this song. A very combative approach to winning my praise….but it worked. I’m really liking the new you. Also, a little T&A goes a long way.

Broo – I’ve decided to show some mercy. My research team tells me that the old Brood homeworld revolved at a much slower pace than Earth does, so technically for that planet, the song was within the last 5 years. It was very well done, even under the influence of a zealous competitor.

Mastermind – Aside from your little trick you pulled, another great song from you. I got much more of your amoral attitude, which I obviously like. Just watch yourself. Now that the other contestants know you don’t mind playing dirty, I wouldn’t doubt if any of them did the same to you.

Sinister – You surprise me, Essex. I was not expecting such a soulful performance. And I must get the name of your stylist, because they are really working miracles up there. I’m really looking forward to what’s next from you. Your final notes were a little pitchy, but I’m sure it was just the emotion.

Jubilee – The song was clichéd, but somehow that really works for you. And I don’t know who this Boom Boom person is, but she sounds awful. Just try to watch your pitch. There isn’t any autotune here.

Multiple Man – A boy band is just what this competition needs! It was a nice distraction from the other backstage antics you were trying to pull earlier. Snooping detectives are not needed in this competition. But tight v-necks are always welcome.

Now, for our next challenge, I’m looking for a harder edge, ladies and gentlemen. Our theme this round is ROCK! I’m opening it up to alt-rock, classic rock, pop-rock, lady-rock, heavy metal, or even death metal. Show me no mercy with how hard you want to go! Now, back to the dressing rooms, you have three hours to complete your song – Let’s Get Musical!”

----

Uatu went to his dressing room. Something different, something new needed to be done in order to really impress Amora. OR maybe something old. The Eagles were one of the best rock bands known to man; and Hotel California was by far their greatest song. He sat down on the couch to write out the lyrics; soon there was a knock at the door.

“Oh, hello…”

BLAM!

----

It was strange how they all knew something terrible would happen to one of them when they got into their own individual rooms, but it didn’t occur to them to think about it until it happened. What kind of sick mystic game was Amora trying to play? Or was it as she said, Hela pulling the strings behind the Enchantress?

Regardless, the gunshot brought everyone out of their rooms almost immediately. The doors seemed heavier this time. Uatu’s door was left open, a bullet to the chest.

”But how is this possible? A single bullet to take him out? I thought a Watcher was made of stronger stuff.” Dazzlisto wondered.

”Who’s to blame for this?” Magik was not amused anymore by these games. The Dark Chylde of Limbo was ready to kick some ass, just as soon as she rocked out on the stage.

”Hotel California?” Madrox read the lyrics one of his dupes handed him as they searched the room. ”Well, at least we know he wasn’t going to win with this…”

Shante You Stay

Jubilee - XTremeOne1 XXXXX XXX

Broo - Mastermind XXXXX

Dazzler (Callisto) – Savant XXXX

Sinister - HotKnives XXXXX XX

Madrox - DasBoot XXXX

Psylocke - sixhoursoflucy XX

Gladiator - MartijnB XXX

Mastermind III – RingOtaku XXX

Magik - Quick and Dead XXX

Sashay Away

The Stepford Cuckoos (Showtunes: Chicago/Cell Block Tango)

Feron – Medium13 XXX (Last 5 Years of Pop: Lady Gaga/Monster)

Uatu, the Watcher - Kipe XX

THE PARANOIA KILL HAS BEEN ACTIVATED

Congrats to Savant for getting the most player votes for her shade filled David Guetta/Sia post and winning Immunity for this round!

Congrats to SixHoursofLucy for being the first to correctly guess Lady Gaga’s MONSTER as the modus operandi to kill Feron and having his first vote doubled.

Remember to PM QDLux29 your Votes:

ROUND 3 will end 8 PM EST on Sunday September 8!