Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The Tournament

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Cable

Re: The Tournament

Post by Cable » 02 May 2021, 20:49

Blackcyclops wrote:
02 May 2021, 20:46
So I got friggin Belasco…a one-armed demon magic dude!

So I guess I gotta use the one person who’s kicked his ass the most ANd who’s power has grown considerably since the last time they met…Magik!
Magik was already used in a previous round
Best Comics of Week 28

X-titles: Excalibur #22 by Tini Howard (3) and Marcus To (3)
Non-X titles: Extreme Carnage--Scream by Clay Chapman (1) and Chris Mooneyham (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 May 2021, 21:43

Cable wrote:
02 May 2021, 20:49
Blackcyclops wrote:
02 May 2021, 20:46
So I got friggin Belasco…a one-armed demon magic dude!

So I guess I gotta use the one person who’s kicked his ass the most ANd who’s power has grown considerably since the last time they met…Magik!
Magik was already used in a previous round

Dammit I forgot!

Okay then Darwin…he’s battled a Hell Lord of far greater strength in Hela and his ability to adapt can handle magic too…
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 03 May 2021, 00:33

Somehow we need to defeat The Brood Queen.

Sadly, Colossus is off the board. His impenetrable skin would have made him an ideal candidate to face the hive mother and ward off her nasty stinger. Luckily, characters with a healing factor can also manage to resist the transformative effects of a Brood Queen's egg. And there's one left who would fit the bill rather well: Primal

Primal not only has a great healing factor, he's literally built to win any fight based on instinct. He's almost like Darwin in that he adapts to any situation to win a fight.
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 03 May 2021, 02:37

Exodus makes his entrance.
Powers: harness the psychic energy from others and from his own convictions to sustain his mental powers, including telepathy, psychokinesis, force fields, teleportation, pyroplasmic blasts, psionic force beams, and flight

With all of those powers I need a truly remarkable psychic to stand a chance. Professor X can do the job.

Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 May 2021, 14:06

My villain is Holocaust, son of Apocalypse.

We'll go with another AoA transplant to take him down: Nate Grey.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut » 04 May 2021, 14:21

Goblyn Queen
Powers: telepathy, psychokinesis, teleportation, and transmutation powers that draw forth the physical and mental evils of others

Who could take in such a daunting foe? None other then the former lord of hell itself. Strong guy.

Also sorry for the delay everyone.

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 04 May 2021, 16:10

For Round 9 I got: Cassandra Nova
Powers: parasitic entity born out of Xavier's cells who manifests telepathy, psychokinesis, hyper-regenerative powers, intangibility, psi-plasmic armor, heat bursts, and the ability to analyze genetic codes then absorb them into "her" body

To take out a being of the mind, I unleash the full fury of Mother Nature. STORM is up on deck.
Formerly Known As RingOtaku
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 04 May 2021, 17:45

Spoiler: show
Okay, we got Exodus, Apocalypse, Goblyn Queen, and Cassandra Nova in Round 9... if the last two are Magneto and Sinister then Round 10 is gonna be some weird curveball because I can't think of any more (or at least, not a round worth) of villains higher up.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 04 May 2021, 18:27

Magnus wrote:
04 May 2021, 17:45
Okay, we got Exodus, Apocalypse, Goblyn Queen, and Cassandra Nova in Round 9... if the last two are Magneto and Sinister then Round 10 is gonna be some weird curveball because I can't think of any more (or at least, not a round worth) of villains higher up.
There's probably Onslaught, Bastion, Dark Phoenix, Arcade, Nimrod, Nemesis, Shadow King. Any other ideas?
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |

Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut » 04 May 2021, 18:50

Sinister

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 04 May 2021, 18:55

Juggernaut wrote:
04 May 2021, 18:50
Sinister
Yeh Magnus mentioned Sinister and Magneto.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 04 May 2021, 19:00

Anna Raven wrote:
04 May 2021, 18:27
Magnus wrote:
There's probably Onslaught, Bastion, Dark Phoenix, Arcade, Nimrod, Nemesis, Shadow King. Any other ideas?
I was thinking maybe Onslaught and Dark Phoenix wouldn't show up since Prof X and Jean are in the hero list. Nemesis is Holocaust and was in Round 9. I don't think Arcade deserves to be above some of the round 9 guys. You're right though that Bastion, Nimrod, and the Shadow King deserve to be there, so I guess I'm just not thinking of enough folks. Legion hasn't shown up either. Maybe more recent ones like Matthew Malloy or Genesis/Annihilation?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 04 May 2021, 19:09

Magnus wrote:
04 May 2021, 19:00
Anna Raven wrote:
Magnus wrote:
I was thinking maybe Onslaught and Dark Phoenix wouldn't show up since Prof X and Jean are in the hero list. Nemesis is Holocaust and was in Round 9. I don't think Arcade deserves to be above some of the round 9 guys. You're right though that Bastion, Nimrod, and the Shadow King deserve to be there, so I guess I'm just not thinking of enough folks. Legion hasn't shown up either. Maybe more recent ones like Matthew Malloy or Genesis/Annihilation?
I meant the Native American shaman guy Nemesis. You could probably include the Dark Phoenix as the "Phoenix Force" rather than Jean. The thing about Arcade is yeh, he's not very impressive as a physical entity, but he includes all of his deadly traps and robots, and such as part of his package.

EDIT: Sorry, not Nemesis, The Adversary. That's who I was referring to.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 04 May 2021, 19:29

Anna Raven wrote:
04 May 2021, 19:09
Magnus wrote:
04 May 2021, 19:00
Anna Raven wrote:

I meant the Native American shaman guy Nemesis. You could probably include the Dark Phoenix as the "Phoenix Force" rather than Jean. The thing about Arcade is yeh, he's not very impressive as a physical entity, but he includes all of his deadly traps and robots, and such as part of his package.

EDIT: Sorry, not Nemesis, The Adversary. That's who I was referring to.
Oh there's also the Living Monolith! How could we forget about him? And you could also probably say Gladiator is a "villain" at least enough to justify his inclusion in the game.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 04 May 2021, 20:16

I really have no earthly idea why there are so many spoiler tags in this thread... 😂
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 04 May 2021, 20:59

I got Selene. Once again, I'm able to use the exact person who nearly killed her once before. Prest-- Rachel.

"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 04 May 2021, 23:05

das_boot wrote:
04 May 2021, 20:16
I really have no earthly idea why there are so many spoiler tags in this thread... 😂
Was wondering the same thing honestly.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 04 May 2021, 23:29

To obfuscate my stupidity!

(In seriousness, it was because I wasn't sure if there might be people who didn't want to 'look ahead' or whatnot)

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 May 2021, 08:00

BardicOne wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 18:52
Anna Raven wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 18:26
BardicOne wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 17:34
My villain is Cameron Hodge
Powers: biomechanical strength, speed, endurance, and durability, cyber-sensors, techno-organic construction, morphing, and assimilation powers

I choose Forge who will invent a device to turn Hodge into a techo-organic paperweight. Brick that processor Forge!
That was definitely a good use of Forge, but now I'm scared when we get Bastion.
We'll send Wiz Kidto turn Bastion into a PS5. Sell him on eBay to fund S.W.O.R.D. for a year.
I’m not joking. This is my pick. Thank you Bardic for the inspiration 😂

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 05 May 2021, 08:03

Ha! Nice.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 May 2021, 10:15

Also, I’d like very much (if our gracious host allows) for the points for this round of voting for my pick to go to Bardic, or at least be split? It only seems fair 🤷‍♂️

Cable

Post by Cable » 05 May 2021, 12:30

You have just one more foe to face! The final round begins now!
Best Comics of Week 28

Non-X titles: Extreme Carnage--Scream by Clay Chapman (1) and Chris Mooneyham (1)

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 05 May 2021, 13:09

I see three characters left that could help me defeat my last villain. If all of them get chosen, I'm in a Jubilee vs Beyonder situation I think.
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

Cable

Post by Cable » 05 May 2021, 13:24

As a reminder, after the last round you will need to fill out one more rankings list before we announce the final results.
So don't like make your final pick and then go on an expedition into the Amazon or something.
Best Comics of Week 28

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 May 2021, 13:55

I got Mikhail Rasputin

Hm.

Okay.

So we’re going with one of my least favourite characters, Hope Summers. Either she can copy his powers and beat him at his own game, or she dies. Win win