Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Crisis of Multiverse X - Draft (round 8)

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Lavettye

Re: Crisis of Multiverse X - Draft (round 4)

Post by Lavettye » 13 Feb 2021, 19:20

EphemeristX wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 18:39
Jimmy Hudson of the Ultimate Universe
Fine, but as he crossed over into the main reality and has been here for a 30+ issue run, I'll have to consider this also your one 616 pick, same as Spectral's Stryfe or booty's Fixx.

----------------------------------------

Yes, bamf chose the movie version of Lady D .... you can tell by quoting his post and cleaning up the image link from extra data.
bamf wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 18:50
Lady Deathstrike

[PL_2.0]

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Feb 2021, 21:31

My pick is Polaris from Mutant X
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 13 Feb 2021, 22:28

This was a nightmare couple of rounds for me. The new rule since my last pick re: alt-uni characters who've spent a prolonged time in 616 being considered a 616 character rather than an alt took quite a few characters off the board for me.

One of which, was AoA Holocaust... thankfully a few of you posting animated/movie verse versions of characters prompted me to recall another media channel that had a version of this character who fits my needs perfectly...
20210213_215102.jpg
20210213_215102.jpg (148.63 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Holocaust / Nemesis (Earth 7694 / X-Men Legends gameverse)
(As well as XML2, he also appeared in a Marvel published comic bridging the two games which is pretty clear this is definitely NOT 616 canon:
http://readallcomics.com/x-men-legends- ... ctivision/ )

So, a couple of heirs of Apocalypse from divergent universes... Time to add another one to the mix...
Evan_Sabahnur_%28Earth-12034%29_and_Krakoa_III_%28Earth-12034%29_from_Wolverine_and_the_X-Men_Vol_1_4_0001.jpg
Evan_Sabahnur_%28Earth-12034%29_and_Krakoa_III_%28Earth-12034%29_from_Wolverine_and_the_X-Men_Vol_1_4_0001.jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Evan Sabahnur (Earth 12034)

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 13 Feb 2021, 22:59

Spectral Knight wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 22:28
One of which, was AoA Holocaust... thankfully a few of you posting animated/movie verse versions of characters prompted me to recall another media channel that had a version of this character who fits my needs perfectly...
Surely you'll have checked if this is " a noteable alternate version of an established character", like it says in the guidelines as they were laid out in the beginning. :roll:

Whatever... on to Round Five

Spectral Knight
reality setting: peaceful coexistence
cast: Apocalypse ruling America (AoA), Stryfe (Askani/616), Holocaust (legends gamesverse), adult Evan Sabahnur (WatXM future)

Blackcylops
reality:
cast: black Cyclops (X-Treme X-Men), Emma Frost-Summers (X-Men The End), Soulsword wielding Colossus (Battle of the Atom), Polaris of Magneto's X-Men (Mutant X)

Cable
reality: undead
cast: Mr. Murderhands (Spider-Gwen), cyborg Forge (AoA), X-Ternals leader Gambit (AoA)

bamf
reality:
cast: mutant Juggernaut (Ultimate), mutant Captain America (Mutant X), heroic Mimic (Exiles), mutant Lady Deathstrike (movie)

Ephemerist X
reality: corporate run
cast: Ruby Summers (XSE), Kymera (Battle of the Atom), Jimmy Hudson (Ultimate/616)

WorldWideWade
reality:
cast: movie Magneto (Fassbender version), animated Scarlet Witch (Evolution), Quicksilver (Ultimate), animated Mystique (X-Men TAS)

das_boot
reality: wildcard: deep space mission
cast: adult Jubilee (DoFP), Fixx (XSE/616), Waran the Herald (X-Treme X-Men)

Gibbering Fool
reality: historical epoch (medieval)
cast: Beast Sorcerer Supreme (Endangered Species), Morph (Exiles), Genoshan Longshot (Ultimate)

Anna Raven
reality: mutant isolation
cast: Belasco Nightcrawler (Earth X), Mr. Sinister (616), reborn Jean Grey/Phoenix (The End)

Magik84
reality: alien overlords (Earth conquered by an alien race)
cast: adult Magik (Shattershot), sorceress Storm (limbo), Marvel Woman/Goblyn Queen (Mutant X)

Lavettye
reality: dystopian/post-apocalypstic
cast: Thor Rogue (What if vol. 2 #66), fat Cannonball (Mutant X), Bloodhawk (2099)
[PL_2.0]

bamf

Re: Crisis of Multiverse X - Draft (round 5)

Post by bamf » 14 Feb 2021, 00:35

Sorry yes movie version. I thought I tested the pic before posting. That’s my bad!
Avengers Generation Draft:
Avengers: Teen Hero Outreach System (ATHOS)
Spider-Man, Crystal, Valkyrie, Justice, Cannonball, Quake, Manifold, Smasher, Namorita (Captain America support)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Feb 2021, 01:31

My reality is inferno/demonic invasion please...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Cable

Post by Cable » 14 Feb 2021, 01:41

Carlos Javier

Best Comics of Week 28

X-titles: Excalibur #22 by Tini Howard (3) and Marcus To (3)
Non-X titles: Extreme Carnage--Scream by Clay Chapman (1) and Chris Mooneyham (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Feb 2021, 01:42

Lavettye wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 22:59
Spectral Knight wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 22:28
Surely you'll have checked if this is " a noteable alternate version of an established character", like it says in the guidelines as they were laid out in the beginning. :roll:
To be fair you did also offer us the chance of "all ORIGINAL characters from alternate realities" - i.e. option A rather than B. Under the original rules, both Stryfe and AoA Holocaust fit perfectly and there was no mention of this being a problem until you had already made your 4th pick...!
I'm rolling with the changes that you introduced mid-game affecting my pick without any form of notice, and not until a whole round had been completed after that pick. Having then checked whether AoA Holocaust was permitted, and under the new rule, it wasn't, I found an alternative that did, and now I'm getting eye rolls and snark. What's the issue?

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 14 Feb 2021, 02:02

The issue is that you made a draft that was supposed to have a rather simple set of rules more complicated at every turn, by
- first suggesting if not daring people to use warp characters to reduce the character pool significantly
- then questioning the use of clones (one round after you had used one yourself) as a way to circumvent the no two counterparts of the same individual, forcing me to come up with some way to keep a lid on that, and then
- using an identical Holocaust to the main version after asking me in a PM whether you could use the regular one and being told No.

As it is, you now have a set of an Apoclypse, Stryfe and Holocaust, who could basically just have come together like that in the 616 reality.... which obviously was not what this Draft was supposed to be about. But you got what you wanted, so just take your win even if it comes with an eye-roll.
[PL_2.0]

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Feb 2021, 02:23

Hold on a second, I checked the rules on the warps as much to understand if part-warped characters who'd already had part of their influence picked would rule that character out. I've never even tried to pick any such character, and I asked that question immediately after my last pick so that regardless of the answer, everyone had 2 clear picks before my next pick, so they were clear on constraints.

I questioned the use of clones (by PM) as another poster had already picked Maddie and I didn't know if that meant Jean or Cable was still open..surely it's better to check an open rule than get a pick that causes questions later on.

It's not an identical version of Holocaust given that the character hasn't even lived through the same reality!

Finally, the new rule hasn't even been applied fairly / consistently. Das' pick of Fixx as a crossover had less time in a 616 book in 616 than EphX's pick of Kymera spent with the X-Men in 616. Under your rules EphX would therefore have two 616 characters.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 14 Feb 2021, 02:32

Spectral, let's make it simple which was the IDEA in the first place :
Pick whatever character you like. Don't ask for permission, don't feel any need to work yourself around any restriction, just do it. Decide for yourself if a character matches the criteria or not. Whoever you pick is allowed. I won't keep discussing rules with you. It's a game, supposed to be fun and not worth arguing about.
[PL_2.0]

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Feb 2021, 03:27

Here. I'll change Jimmy Hudson to the one from Earth-61610. He never went to 616 at all. Now I have one from 616 (Kymera) and one from 61610 (Jimmy). Let's move forward, friends.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Feb 2021, 03:33

I think this is being made more difficult than it gotta be based on the threadstarters rules...

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 14 Feb 2021, 07:35

I don't think we should overcomplicate it by throwing in rules that Character X from Universe Y is a 616 character because they spent a certain amount of time in that reality, but this is Lavettye's game and his rules.

Ultimately if we follow our hearts and pick characters that feel right, I'm sure we'll be ok

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Feb 2021, 07:52

Gibbering Fool wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 07:35
I don't think we should overcomplicate it by throwing in rules that Character X from Universe Y is a 616 character because they spent a certain amount of time in that reality, but this is Lavettye's game and his rules.
I'd agree, it's just a shame that such a key-rule was introduced mid-game when the initial rules were already pretty clear. Hey-ho.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 14 Feb 2021, 09:20

If the rules were so clear from the get-go, then why'd you have to ask twice in the first two rounds what was allowed and what wasn't?

I apologize for not thinking about clones and warps when I came up with the draft. Apparently none of us did,... or if someone did, they didn't bring it up. Those questions were only raised while the game was in motion. I was suddenly faced with the possibility that someone might pick Cable, X-Man and Rachel plus one of the myriad Jean and Madelyne clones from underground Sinister, or someone picking an alternate Xavier and the one from the 616 as he's in a Shi'Ar cloned body, not to mention that someone might outright claim that any ressurected Krakoan would be a clone and not the original deal.

To stop such shenanigans, I expanded the 616 rule... as a lot of the clone messes are related to the 616.
Was its it a perfect fix? No. Did you object at the time? No, you only did two rounds later, when it affected you.

You knew your intended character choice was on the fence - hence you sending me a PM and asking about it. You were told No and you came up with a supposedly "clever" way around it. I even let you have that character, but then you couldn't handle getting an eye-roll over it... and start nitpicking about other players' choices? Repeat - it's a game, its supposed to be fun.

-----------------------------------------

Eph, there's no need to change your pick. Kymera was just a visitor, she was seen returning to her native reality whereas Fixx and Jimmy Hudson became permanent 616 residents. Draft host's ruling. Period.
[PL_2.0]

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Feb 2021, 10:11

Lavettye wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 09:20
If the rules were so clear from the get-go, then why'd you have to ask twice in the first two rounds what was allowed and what wasn't?
I didn't. My first question on the Warps, we were already into round three. My second question (via PM) on the clones was just before the end of Round 4, which is when you made the decision that my pick right at the start of round 3 wasn't an alt version after all but a 616 character (knowing the route I was looking at) and you went back and edited the Round 2 and 3 summaries to refer to Stryfe being 616 rather than Askani.

I dealt with it on the chin and carried on, I didn't complain and checked potential character picks with you according to the new rules, and when playing a pick you started getting snarky and even now the rules you put in place are clearly inconsistent. Kymera goes to 616, actually joins a 616 team, then goes back to her reality, so isn't a 616 pick. AoA Holocaust mainly spends his time in 616 battling X-Man from AoA, then joins the Exiles, goes back to his reality, but is still considered 616 pick and ruled out...huh? Still, I carried on until you just started being rude.
Lavettye wrote:
I apologize for not thinking about clones and warps when I came up with the draft. Apparently none of us did,... or if someone did, they didn't bring it up.
I did bring it as soon as it came to mind but I was accused of finding "yet another way to make life even more difficult for your fellow players", rather than asking a fair question and without me even using such a pick at that point (or since).

It's not my fault you didn't think through the rules of your own game, and if you choose to change those rules as you go (in a game you're also playing in), that's fine too, but it's obviously apparent that you're flexing the rules to suit some players and not others (principally me) rather than changing rules for the sake of a better game.

Having hosted, I get that it's hard to pre-think every eventuality, but alt-universe originating characters now resident in 616 constitutes a large number of characters and could be reasonably planned for in a draft about alt universes without needing to change those rules mid game. Fair enough you could have realised it was an issue when I picked Stryfe in R3, but then why wait until R4 to make that change and then still apply the new rules inconsistently?
Lavettye wrote:
Repeat - it's a game, its supposed to be fun.
It is, but when the host starts changing rules and being rude to players for playing according to their constantly evolving rules, it lessens the enjoyment of the game.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 14 Feb 2021, 10:27

:roll:

Look,
I made a judgement call. It may not have been the right one, but I made it. There's no undoing it. I added a rule, I explained why, either you take it or not. Removing that rule now would be equally unfair to the people who have been following that rule since it was established and not been able to pick a specific character because of it.

There's three options here:
- we simply move on
- we end the draft right now, cause you feel the rules are being applied unfairly
- you take over hosting and make any changes you deem fit, cause I got better things to do than keep arguing with you.

Enough with the bickering. For real, man.
[PL_2.0]

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 14 Feb 2021, 12:45

So its Bamf's turn, and I for one am excited to see which mutant version of a non mutant character he picks this time (no pressure)

bamf

Post by bamf » 14 Feb 2021, 14:29

Valeria Richards from Earth-1720 (Exiles)

Can’t grab a pic at the moment.
Spider-Man, Crystal, Valkyrie, Justice, Cannonball, Quake, Manifold, Smasher, Namorita (Captain America support)

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 14 Feb 2021, 14:49

Marvel fandom lists her as a mutant: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Valeria_ ... arth-1720)
[PL_2.0]

bamf

Post by bamf » 14 Feb 2021, 14:55

Thank you!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Feb 2021, 16:45

I'll take Sora - The Wolf. She's from Captain Marvel: The End.
EkKF0rrXcAEcgUT.jpg
EkKF0rrXcAEcgUT.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 902 times
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Feb 2021, 18:11

Interesting

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 15 Feb 2021, 04:35

Exodus 2099

Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders