Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Crisis of Multiverse X - Draft (round 8)

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Anna Raven

Re: Crisis of Multiverse X - Draft (round 8)

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Feb 2021, 19:14

Yes thanks Lavettye!
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 23 Feb 2021, 19:59

Thanks guys!! Glad you liked it.

My favorite idea (so far) is Anna's separate islands concept, and Magik really made the most of the broad bandwidth of character choices by having a continued theme run across her usually totally unrelated characters.

-----------------

Here's the final list of who picked what...

Spectral Knight
reality setting: peaceful coexistence
cast: Apocalypse ruling America (AoA), Stryfe (Askani/616), Holocaust (legends gamesverse), adult Evan Sabahnur (WatXM future), Diamanda Nero (Askani), Madri (AoA), Mystique's son Charles Xavier II (BotA)

Blackcylops
reality: Inferno/demonic
cast: black Cyclops (X-Treme X-Men), Emma Frost-Summers (X-Men The End), Soulsword wielding Colossus (Battle of the Atom), Polaris of Magneto's X-Men (Mutant X), half-Atlantean Gambit (Exiles), adult Hope female Stryfe (C&XF), alien mutant "Thor" (Earth X)

Cable
reality: undead
cast: Mr. Murderhands (Spider-Gwen), cyborg Forge (AoA), X-Ternals leader Gambit (AoA), Carlos Xavier (1602), Desert Ghost (2099), Moonstar (616), Bluestreak (MC2)

bamf
reality: mutant utopia
cast: mutant Juggernaut (Ultimate), mutant Captain America (Mutant X), heroic Mimic (Exiles), mutant Lady Deathstrike (movie), Empress Hdyra's daughter, Valeria Richards (Exiles), mutant Wasp (Earth3488), Cloak (AoA)

Ephemerist X
reality: corporate run
cast: Ruby Summers (XSE), Kymera (Battle of the Atom), Jimmy Hudson (Ultimate/616), Sora the Wolf (CM The End), Alexei Kravinoff (What if Spider-Man killed Kraven), Tito Bohusk jr. (HCT), Aaliyah Bishop (The End)

WorldWideWade
reality: mutant/human conflict
cast: movie Magneto (Fassbender version), animated Scarlet Witch (Evolution), Quicksilver (Ultimate), animated Mystique (X-Men TAS), hibernated Exodus (2099), Old Man Sabretooth (OML), Lady Mastermind (616)

das_boot
reality: wildcard: deep space mission
cast: adult Jubilee (DoFP), Fixx (XSE/616), Waran the Herald (X-Treme X-Men), adult fully insectoid Broo (WatXM), Kun Lun Marrow (Battleworld), metal-touch Magnus (Exiles), MACH-2 (Ultimate)

Gibbering Fool
reality: historical epoch (medieval)
cast: Beast Sorcerer Supreme (Endangered Species), Morph (Exiles), Genoshan Longshot (Ultimate), Lady Comet (Queen's Vengeance), Lady Penance (AoA), Roberto Trefusis (1602), Meanstreak (2099)

Anna Raven
reality: mutant isolation
cast: Belasco Nightcrawler (Earth X), Mr. Sinister (616), reborn Jean Grey/Phoenix (The End), Namora Imperius Regina (Exiles), dragonprint costume Psylocke (House of M), gren-skinned Toad (Ultimate), Magus (DOFP)

Magik84
reality: alien overlords (Earth conquered by an alien race)
cast: adult Magik (Shattershot), sorceress Storm (limbo), Marvel Woman/Goblyn Queen (Mutant X), Shaman John Proudstar (Exiles), Pixie (616), dark ages Selene (Exiles), Captain Meggan (Cross-Time Caper)

Lavettye
reality: dystopian/post-apocalypstic
cast: Thor Rogue (What if vol. 2 #66), fat Cannonball (Mutant X), Bloodhawk (2099), Mudir Rictor (AoA), Stand-Off (AoX), Tangerine (DOFP), Randall (XSE)

-----------------------

My own concept to follow...
[PL_2.0]

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 23 Feb 2021, 23:12

X-Pired

It's year ten after world war III, a nuclear holocaust that wiped out every major city on the face of the Earth, rendering most of the planet uninhabitable. Only in some remote areas are the radiation levels tolerable, and its there that the survivors have settled. One such enclave is Bartertown in the Australian outback, not that far away from the Reavers' ghost town that in another reality used to be a homebase for the X-Men.

The undisputed ruler of Bartertown is Anna Marie "Thor", called Ann T. She took the mantle of leadership when the settlement was still young, and she has been using her enchanted hammer to charge up the town's generators by channeling lighting bolts into them. Ann T dreams about rebuilding a proper civilization, but for now, the people of Bartertown are just focused on survival.

The woman called Stand-Off casts a forcefield around the settlement on a daily basis, hoping to keep toxic radiation and unwanted visitors out, while Bloodhawk - who in his dragon-winged form can easily tolerate higher radiation levels - makes arial deliveries of supplies to and from other settlements within a fifty mile radius . The town's telepath, Tangerine, keeps scanning the area for people approaching the settlement, and she is also in charge of teaching the young about the society they want to restore. Showing them mental images of the world before the war, Tangerine tells the kids tales about the fabled Tomorrow-Morrow-Land.

Bartertown's non-powered residents are poor and desperate; they can either work in the pens, the mines or on the market, trading goods with travellers or the many scavenger gangs passing thorugh. The markets are controlled by town "master" Rictor, supposedly a man of the law but as corrupt as they come. Ann T has long suspected his treachery, but there's little she can do without proof. They agreed on a clear separation of power years ago, her being in charge of the people and the land, and Rictor overseeing the businesses and making sure that everyone follows the law.

Basically, there is just one law in Bartertown: Bust a deal, face the wheel. Whenever someone breaks a deal, they can either spin a wheel of fortune to determine their punishment (one being worse than the other), or they enter a duel to the death in the Thunderdome, a huge metallic structure in the town's centre, apptly name so, for this is where Ann T keeps calling down the lighting to generate Bartertown's electricity. Rictor has gotten rid of many of his opponents by sentencing them to the Thunderdome on false accusations, with the opposing combatant being his buddy Cannonball, nicknamed Blaster. He's invulnerable while flying, and although he has become too heavy to stay airborne for long, he usually just rams his opponents against the cage walls until they are crushed.

Recently, Ann T felt the enchanted hammer in her hand getting heavier, and she wonders if she made too many compromises and one day might no longer be worthy enough to pick up Mjolnir. Without it, her days as ruler of Bartertown would clearly be over. That's when a lone wanderer reaches Bartertown. Him being immune to all sorts of radiation, the former policeman named Randall has walked the wastelands for days to search for his stolen vehicle. Devilishly handsome and a feisty fighter, Ann T think she may have found a solution to her problem and tries to use Randall to expose Rictor's schemes.
[PL_2.0]

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Feb 2021, 23:36

"WHO RUNS BARTERTOWN?!"

Ha! I love it.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Feb 2021, 23:37

Nice Mad Max homage! ❤️❤️
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Feb 2021, 01:58

Master! Blaster!
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 24 Feb 2021, 22:10

Everyone came up with great ideas and twists on the world, I like Anna's mutant isolation and Ephemerist's Survivor Island type theme. Some of my top picks for magical mutants got taken out pretty early, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Forge, but things pulled together in the end!

Thanks for hosting Lavettye!
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 25 Feb 2021, 10:37

Question, in most people's concepts do you have your characters changed to suit the world you chose, or do they retain their memories, personalities etc from their original worlds?

Cable

Post by Cable » 25 Feb 2021, 10:47

Gibbering Fool wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 10:37
Question, in most people's concepts do you have your characters changed to suit the world you chose, or do they retain their memories, personalities etc from their original worlds?
I imagined they retain their memories but have been in this world long enough to assimilate into it (months if not years).
Best Comics of Week 28

X-titles: Excalibur #22 by Tini Howard (3) and Marcus To (3)
Non-X titles: Extreme Carnage--Scream by Clay Chapman (1) and Chris Mooneyham (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 25 Feb 2021, 10:58

Definitely retain their own memories for me - and fairly new to the world they're in too - no more than a few weeks/couple of months...!

I'd also imagined the undrafted 'heroes/villains' from that specific world being featured- or at least referenced to - in my book concept. What would Magneto have done if mutants had civil rights protections from very early on, would he ever have formed extremist groups - would Scott and Alex have been adopted together etc? Would certain characters even still exist? The idea of a peaceful existence has lots of story-telling potential even without the Apocalypse family tree laying havoc to it.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Feb 2021, 15:30

First off, great and speedy draft Lav! It kept me interested the entire time and I actually got to roughly keep my concept together...

So my world is designated Earth-666666. It was created by accident back when Franklin had a nightmare.

This is a world in which the Marvel Universe was essentially the same until the events of New X-Men #38-41. Belasco succeeds to merging parts of Limbo with Earth but in the process Magik does slay Belasco but Pixie is left as the new ruler of this Limbo-Earth hellscape. She renames herself Cythraul and takes as her generals Anole (renamed Afanc), Rockslide (Monolith) and , Surge (keeps her name). The X-Men (adults) all died stopping the spread of Limbo but the kids survived. They’re led by Wolverine (X-23) and Prodigy. But that wasn’t the worst part, due to the events the N’Garai also intruded into our realm, as well as the a still corrupted Guido as Satan Guy (he thinks it’s funny). So a three-way war for Earth realm has basically been the status quo for years. The US has been quarantined by the actions of Dr. Strange, Shaman, and the Dr. Doom (who are frozen as monoliths isolating the continent).

So this is the status quo that our heroes find themselves in...

Following his adventures with X-Treme X-Men black Cyclops had been living in Memphis as a sorta vigilante. He felt it was right for him to deal with the problems of the south and made himself a personal enemy of all racists and fascists villain groups. But after Secret Wars he awoke on this new hellish world. Next to him he found Polaris, Colossus, and Emma all as confused as he was about their situation. The land was barren, the sky-scrappers were demolished and the sky had a tint of redness with the eeriest silence. After talking amongst themselves and coming to the conclusion that no one is a threat to the other they go about trying to find some answers but end up being attacked by a a demonized version of the Sinister Six. The quartet hold their own but they are taken by surprise when Dr. Ock is beheaded by a plasma blast. They turn and see a very adult Hope Summers aka Lady Stryfe. Just then a voice reaches into all their heads saying “Please help!” and the heroes are left wondering who the hell that was.

Lady Stryfe had arrived on this world a week earlier and not being unfamiliar to hellish surroundings, she had already established a base and invited the other travellers in. She explains her situation and after Emma verifies everything the heroes follow along. Once in her base, Emma and Hope mentally reach out and find the voice that was calling to them and find that it is none other than a very much still alive Cuckoos.

The young telepaths have holed up in the condemned and hidden former home of Dr. Strange alongside Senor Magico, Iron Fist, Dazzler, Logan (now going by simply Logan), Elektra and Captain Marvel and another extradimensional visitor, Gambit aka the son of Namor and the Invisible Woman. This hodgepodge of rebels lay down the entire situation to everyone about what happened to their world. The Cuckoos say they sensed Emma’s mind as soon as she appeared and instinctively reached out to her and their friends were caught up in the psychic plea. The heroes from other worlds still have no idea why they are there but agree to at least help the others in their mission to rescue some survivors from a torture camp in Jersey.

So the first three issues will establish the stakes and the world. In what used to be Jersey they’ll be confronted by a twisted and very powerful version of Toad and that’s why Thor from Earth X arrives. It won’t be until the next arc that they find out that they were bought to this world actually by a time traveling Magik. See before she died in her conflict with Belasco she viewed the 616 at the time of the Extinction Squad and saw just how powerful they were and thought maybe they could help so she used a spell to summon a team like that. The problem was that due to the machinations of Secret War and the restructuring of the multiverse the spell was thrown off and grabbed approximations of those heroes and grabbed ones all from worlds that no longer exist...all except Cyclops. We’ll later learned he was sent there by a still dimension hopping Blink for her own secretive plans.

The team would eventually stay in this world to free it from occupation. Along the way they’ll deal with twisted versions of heroes and villains and come to grow together. The book would have the energy of Spurrier’s X-Men Legacy but with the mood of Marvel Zombie’s just not as body count heavy. The world is already devastated so I would focus more on building. And we’d really dig into the war aspects and what it has all done to Pixie and the other kids.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 25 Feb 2021, 17:27

Blackcyclops wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 15:30
...as the a still corrupted Guido as Satan Guy (he thinks it’s funny).
:lol: So do I !
[PL_2.0]

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 25 Feb 2021, 19:15

Oooooh okay, I really enjoyed that one BC.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 26 Feb 2021, 10:23

For me, my concept draws a lot of inspiration from my old medieval themed X-Men fan fic.

Sorcerer Supreme Beast gathers those refugees from other worlds he can find. Some adapt to their new world well, like Lady Comet and Roberto Trefusis, who came from similar worlds. Others, like Meanstreak and Longshot, struggle with the loss of technology and creature comforts. Morph, who experienced something similar once on a mission, is convinced they're under a spell.

Beast, with his magicks, is acutely aware of the threats to his new worlds. This team aren't the only new additions to this world, there are all sorts of threats peppered accross this globe from multiple realities and time periods. There are aliens, people with advanced technologies and superhuman this this medieval world just isn't prepared for.

Together this rag tag group of mutants will protect Earth-1193 from the threats of the multiverse. They are, the Knights of Greymalkin!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 26 Feb 2021, 20:48

THE KNIGHTS OF GREYMALKIN!!!! I LOVED THIS FANFIC!!!!

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 27 Feb 2021, 09:52

das_boot wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 20:48
THE KNIGHTS OF GREYMALKIN!!!! I LOVED THIS FANFIC!!!!
I was always so proud of it but lacked the perseverance.