Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Team Swap! Draft

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Lavettye

Re: Team Swap! Draft

Post by Lavettye » 19 Jun 2022, 05:59

I genuenly liked that book, although I didn't read the New Universe when it came out in the mid eighties. I read it about 25 years later, and DP7 was by far the best of that line. For those who never knew those characters, here's a short description and a visual. All except one of these nine characters got their powers in the so called White Event. (a cosmic phenonemon that bathed Earth in a bright white light for a couple of seconds, and in the weeks that followed, 1 out of every 500.000 people would develop superhuman abilities)

Anti-Body (Randy O'Brien) - former medical resident who can project mute, dark figures of himself from his body that fly, can become intangible and transfer their memories to another person by physical contact, these antibodies have a mind of their own, sometimes doing things that Randy does not agree with

Blur (Jeff Walters) - former fast food restaraunt manager, has an accellerated metabolism and can move at superhuman speed, body vibrates so fast that he can not stand still, requires vast amounts of food to sustain himself

Captain Manhattan (real name unrevealed) - used his power of telekinesis to become New York's self-proclaimed resident super-hero and crime fighter

Chrome (Jenny Swensen) - former college instructor in robotics, who operated an experimentational battle-armor (smilar to Iron Man's suit, but bulkier), was exposed to toxic waste that seeped into her armor which permanently mutated her body, giving her metallic skin and super-strength, while limiting her sense of touch.

Friction (Charlotte Beck) - former dance student, gained the ability to make any surface within a certain radius sticky or frictionless, making people tumble and fall; she can use her powers to stick to walls and the ceiling or to slide effortlessly over any surface.

Glitter (Stephanie Harrington) - housewife and mother of three, with the power to energize and heal others. Her power is accompanied by the appearance of twinkling stars. When not used to heal, her power energizes herself giving her increased strength, agility, speed and reflexes.

Mastodon (Dave Landers) - former factory worker, gained height and extra muscle mass, making him strong and bulletproof, facial hair grows at an accelerated rate

Scorcher (Dennis "Scuzz" Cuzinski) - teenage dropout whose body produces a corrosive substance from his skin, which he himself is immune to. He can willfully increase the effect, melting through almost any substance in a matter of seconds, but he can't entirely stop his power, making him slowly burn through his clothes over the course of 1-2 days and causing pain to anyoone who touches him for a longer period.

Twilight (Lenore Fenzl) - retired teacher in her late sixties, skin generates a bright fatigue-inducing bioluminescence that will paralyze and render unconscious any individual that is exposed to it. The drained life-force is absorbed by Twilight, restoring her youth and vitality. She can't turn her powers off, so she constantly has to cover her body from head to toe, including a wig and facemask.
Attachments
left to right: Chrome, Captain Manhattan, Glitter, Mastodon, Twilight, Scorcher, Blur, Anti-Body, Friction
left to right: Chrome, Captain Manhattan, Glitter, Mastodon, Twilight, Scorcher, Blur, Anti-Body, Friction
dp9.jpg (307.21 KiB) Viewed 389 times
Last edited by Lavettye on 24 Jun 2022, 20:49, edited 5 times in total.
[PL_2.0]

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 19 Jun 2022, 12:18

I stand corrected. I've heard of DP7 but didn't know the line up. I thought you had picked a bunch of super obscure 616 characters.
Books to be excited for:
The X-cellent, Immortal X-men, X-men Red, Knights of X, X-men XCII, She-Hulk

P-90

Post by P-90 » 19 Jun 2022, 16:48

I'd actually like to see the original NEW Universe revisited, especially DP7. Because it was set in the 80's the book could either continue from where it left off or it could be set now showing how that reality has moved on in the last 30-40 years. It would be interesting to see if only the generation that experience the white event gained powers or if subsequent generations did also.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Jun 2022, 21:13

I'm going for BardicOne's Archangel.
Spoiler: show
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 20 Jun 2022, 03:38

I'll take Rogue.

Savage Avengers Draft: She-Hulk | Elektra | Echo | Gamora | Rogue | Chun Li | White Widow | Shuri

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 20 Jun 2022, 04:38

I'll take Storm from Token (6).

Cable

Post by Cable » 20 Jun 2022, 12:36

Best Comics of Week 25

X-titles: Immortal X-Men #3 by Kieron Gillen (2) and Lucas Werneck (1)
Non-X titles: Amazing Spider-Man #4 by Zeb Wells (3) and John Romita Jr (3)

In parentheses number of times creator had best comic this year

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 20 Jun 2022, 17:09

Charlotte_Beck.jpg
Charlotte_Beck.jpg (69.82 KiB) Viewed 287 times
I'll take Friction (Charlotte Beck)
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 21 Jun 2022, 02:32

Das_Boot must hand over Wallflower

Formerly Known As RingOtaku
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 21 Jun 2022, 17:15

Cannonball

[PL_2.0]

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 21 Jun 2022, 22:21

I have the opportunity to take Madrox AND Layla Miller in one round? Oh, go ON then
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 21 Jun 2022, 22:44

Spectrum

[PL_2.0]

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 22 Jun 2022, 03:04

From WorldWideWade, I am forcing Howard The Duck into a team he never made.

posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 22 Jun 2022, 13:23

With all the characters on my list to choose from, I thought he was the one I would get stuck with. Glad there is another Howard fan around.
Books to be excited for:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 22 Jun 2022, 18:44

Gonna take Joanna Cargill
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 22 Jun 2022, 18:47

Good choice. She was on my short list for next round. :-)
WorldWideWade wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 13:23
With all the characters on my list to choose from, I thought he was the one I would get stuck with. Glad there is another Howard fan around.
I was under the exact same impression. :-)

The other day I was thinking to myself with some admiration "Wade made sure to know exactly which of his own list he'll keep in the end". It was while I reviewed my own list, thinking which character I'd prefer to keep and how to work around the uncertaincy wether the character I'll end up keeping will fit in with the rest of my group or not.
[PL_2.0]

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 22 Jun 2022, 20:28

I literally just made a list of some of my favorite characters. Not sure if I can even have a strategy in this draft. I'll be happy to get anyone on my list in the end.
Books to be excited for:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 22 Jun 2022, 20:31

WorldWideWade wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 20:28
I literally just made a list of some of my favorite characters. Not sure if I can even have a strategy in this draft. I'll be happy to get anyone on my list in the end.
Same. My genuine instruction to Cable was that I honestly don’t care which of the list of 20 made my list and y’know? I’m happy with who I got :)
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Cable

Post by Cable » 22 Jun 2022, 20:47

Best Comics of Week 25

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 22 Jun 2022, 21:08

WorldWideWade wrote:
How can you not want to draft someone who was exempt from SHRA because the government doesn't want to admit he exists?

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 22 Jun 2022, 22:20

For my second pick I'll take Polaris.

WorldWideWade wrote:
The other day I was thinking to myself with some admiration "Wade made sure to know exactly which of his own list he'll keep in the end". It was while I reviewed my own list, thinking which character I'd prefer to keep and how to work around the uncertaincy wether the character I'll end up keeping will fit in with the rest of my group or not.
Yeah, it's an interesting rule knowing you'll be stuck with one person on your roster, but not know who... I'd be happy with anyone, but I really wish I knew who, so I could plan accordingly...

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Jun 2022, 05:00

No one likes my character picks. :( I'm the only one no one has chosen from yet.

I'd chose one from myself but its against the rules.

Instead I'll take Nightcrawler and just pile on the bandwagon taking token's characters....

Savage Avengers Draft: She-Hulk | Elektra | Echo | Gamora | Rogue | Chun Li | White Widow | Shuri

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 23 Jun 2022, 05:18

Anna Raven wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 05:00
Instead I'll take Nightcrawler and just pile on the bandwagon taking token's characters....
I don't think you can, since you already took Rogue from Token, I think you need to pick once from each person's list, if I understand correctly...

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Jun 2022, 10:16

Anna Raven wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 05:00
No one likes my character picks. :( I'm the only one no one has chosen from yet.

I'd chose one from myself but its against the rules.

Magnus is correct, you already chose from list 6 and must choose from a different list each time.
Best Comics of Week 25

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Jun 2022, 13:17

Should I wait, then?
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.