Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups and also MAIN GAME

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Anna Raven

Re: SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups and also MAIN GAME

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Jan 2022, 08:36

EphemeristX wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 07:21
Clarification: is this Betsy Braddock or Kwannon? I see British high-society but I also see a katana.
Betsy. Didn't she use a katana too?
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Jan 2022, 08:47

She did. I just wasn't sure since lately Kwannon has been going by Psylocke. Thanks for the quick reply!
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Jan 2022, 10:09

Sample 1: Betsy Braddock
Sample 2: Manikin (Whitman Knapp)

Codename: Scion

Physical Characteristics: European male with short strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. Very fair skin with a smattering of strawberry freckles across the bridge of his prominent aqueline nose and brow of his forehead. Typically keeps his facial hair styled as a well-manicured beard, though he sometimes shaves revealing quite the babyface if the job requires it. Hides behind a pair of thick-rimmed glasses (for show) and simple clothing to appear as bookish and nondescript as possible. Actually quite barrel-chested and possesses a broad muscular build though he hides it behind woolen suits and sweater-vests.

X-Gene Mutation: Telepathy. Telekinesis. Generation of alternate forms along his personal bloodline.

X-Gene Synergies: Scion can create solid energy constructs of any direct descendant or antecedant, giving them corporeal form and imbuing them with their own knowledge, skills, and abilities. With his telepathy, he can trade and share his own knowledge with his constructs and, for a time, absorb their own abilities into himself. Gabriel has been able to generate and express soldiers, scientists, lawyers, thieves, hunters, farmers, and numerous other members of his bloodline, giving him vast, if temporary, knowledge as required in any given situation. He can also generate non-human members of his family tree, though he is unable to absorb any parahuman abilities. His telekinesis expresses itself by making said constructs corporeal and giving them the ability to affect the physical world independent of Gabriel's direct control, though they are in constant telepathic contact. If Gabriel's powers are disrupted due to loss of consciousness or concentration, his constructs will immediately dissipate.

(Fabricated) History: Born in Ottawa, Canada, Gabriel grew up gifted. Though not an especially intelligent child, Gabriel's mutant gifts made him exceptional at nearly everything he tried as soon as he hit puberty. Though seemingly effortless, his ever-increasing skillset was driven by his peers; anything they could do, he needed to do better. Given time, he always did. And, after exhausting his current peers, he began to climb the social ladder for better ones to prove himself against.

Eventually, Gabriel found himself a member of the Canadian Secret Intelligence Service (CSIS), able to complete complex intelligence missions due to his unique skillset. He strove to keep his mutantcy a secret, preferring to simply absorb the abilities of his doubles. When working alone, however, Gabriel became a one-man team.

His growing ambition caused him to inadvertently out himself as a mutant during a mission, and he was dismissed from his high security clearance position, falling into wetworks and covert field ops. After finding out about the Canadian government's burgeoning relationship with Orchis, Gabriel decided to throw in his odds with Krakoa, lending his myriad of talents to their own version of the CSIS: X-Force. Now, Gabriel has an entirely new class of peers to excel beyond.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 15 Jan 2022, 12:32

JESSE JAMES— once you pick your first pick, please stop. The rules are changing (slightly), and I’ve been awfully busy sending telepathic taunts to that wretched egg woman in the pit to have been overly organised— service will resume after I’ve explained the rule changes
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 15 Jan 2022, 13:39

No problem. I will. Just need to come up with a nice combo. I will be back later. 👊

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 15 Jan 2022, 15:12

Oh thank god, I was panicking because I’ve realised I’ve wasted far too much time working on trauma for Nanny and I haven’t actually got the next bit set up— I’m likely going to be drinking a lot of cocktails in the bar tonight so that I can actually urinate on the precise part of Krakoa that she’s buried under too, just to add insult to injury, so I’ll have the rule change prepared probably tomorrow afternoon my time

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Jan 2022, 15:48

das_boot wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:12
Oh thank god, I was panicking because I’ve realised I’ve wasted far too much time working on trauma for Nanny and I haven’t actually got the next bit set up— I’m likely going to be drinking a lot of cocktails in the bar tonight so that I can actually urinate on the precise part of Krakoa that she’s buried under too, just to add insult to injury, so I’ll have the rule change prepared probably tomorrow afternoon my time
Sinister? Greycrow here. I'm using this nice human's internet account to tell you to EFF OFF AND STOP TORTURING NANNY! Or else I'm coming for you...
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 16 Jan 2022, 17:47

Here’s what Uncle Essex has been planning…

I now have a device capable of splicing THREE genetic samples. However, there are some limitations to this (please don’t look in the basement, it honestly just looks like an absolute abattoir down there at the moment, but I’ve perfected the process(ish)!

Each round you will inherit one character. You will pick another of the opposite presented gender to that mutant, which will be inherited by the next player. But every good sandwich needs filling, and your THIRD pick (chronologically your second, I suppose?) is this filling.

My research has shown that these chimeras, whilst powerful, are also far less stable— so for example, one of my experiments involved using Wolfsbane as the XX, Paras Gavaskar as the XY and Petra as the wild card— the result being a mutant who could take the form of a great wolf, heavily armoured… but unfortunately that armour was comprised of incredibly heavy stone that could often impede their agility and ability to pick up speed quickly. I have also discovered that even when combining powers that SHOULD work in concert, (Magma+Rictor x Avalanche), there are often unforeseen circumstances— a cost to the increase of power, if you will.

For the next three rounds you must not only explain your Chimera’s power set, but you must also include the drawback to their power.

For the purposes of fairness, I have found extra supplies of genetic stock for those templates only used by one player, for templates of used Omega mutants, templates of Council members, and templates of Captains/great captains/mutants deemed of great importance to the council due to them leading a team or serving a purpose they see as integral to the function of Krakoa.

Therefore, after Jesse James’ FIRST pick, the following samples will be available for selection again.

Maggot
Selene
Rachel Grey
Nightcrawler
Jean Grey
Scott Summers
Illyana Rasputin
Raven Darkholme
Exodus
Emma Frost
Robert Drake
Hank McCoy
Charles Xavier
Manifold
Sage
Betsy Braddock

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Jan 2022, 19:46

Question: If we choose a cream filling made of someone who hasn't been used, is that person still up for use normally later?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 16 Jan 2022, 22:16

EphemeristX wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 19:46
Question: If we choose a cream filling made of someone who hasn't been used, is that person still up for use normally later?
Bold to assume that there won’t be a rule change before the final round…

In the interest of fairness/my hangover, each “filler” character can be used twice. They’ll appear on the list, and then struck through once they can’t be used again, and I’ll strike through the used characters too to make it clear

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 17 Jan 2022, 05:46

Essex, this is no way to run a research programme. Once we're into the realm of triple gene sequencing, such scientific endeavours should require proper multivariate testing. This has all of the potential for genetic carnage.
Spoiler: show
I must admit, I am intrigued at the possibilities,
mind...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Jan 2022, 09:48

Spectral Knight wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:46
Essex, this is no way to run a research programme. Once we're into the realm of triple gene sequencing, such scientific endeavours should require proper multivariate testing. This has all of the potential for genetic carnage
Spoiler: show
I must admit, I am intrigued at the possibilities,
mind...
I assumed we’d met prior to this experiment? Genetic carnage is what I do, dear boy.

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 17 Jan 2022, 17:57

Sample 1: Manikin (Whitman Knapp)
Sample 2:  Hope (Hope Summers - born Spalding)

Code Name: Horde

Physical Characteristics:
6’.  Built as somebody who exercises a lot and on a regular basis. Brittish descent. Emerald green eyes. Curly shoulderlong red hair, often tied in a bun.  Designer stubble.  Lot of tattoos.
His avatars look like stylized version of himself

X-Gene Synergies:
Tap into the Astral Plane, in order to manifest bodies of astral energy, so called avatars. He can call up to ten avatars, able to materialize three "other-selves" simultaneously and direct their actions as the "Prime Unit". Instead of directly mimicking the powers of mutants in his vicinity, he insteads copies their powers and assignes them one of his avatars. This avatars then adopt a look similar to the mutant who power it copied. When copying one mutants abilities, he can assign these abilities to all of his avatars. If he copies multiple mutants, he can chose which avatar get which power. Horde himself caries a rifle to battle that is powered by the same astral energies of his avatars.

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 17 Jan 2022, 18:02

As for the next round, I did not use the re-emmerged potential of those already chosen, but I do think the new specimens are eting grittier and more vile. Did I get my inspiration from Tarn of the Locus Vile from Arroko? Could he be more malicious that te Genmaster of Krakoa? I wonder...

Sample 1:  Hope (Hope Summers - born Spalding)
Sample 2:  Chronomancer (Trevor Fitzroy)

Code Name: X-Corpse

Physical Characteristics:
Identical twin to Horde.  6’.  Built as somebody who exercises a lot and on a regular basis. Brittish descent. Emerald green eyes. Spiky green hair. A clear nod to his father sample. Designer stubble.  An X tattooed over his left eye.

X-Gene Synergies:

X-Corpse possesses the mutant ability to drain the life force of living beings by physical contact. The longer the contact the weaker his victim gets, and eventually if the connection is not severed, the victim ultimately die. He prefered MO is to give his victims the "kiss of dead".
With these energies, X-Corpse can open a portal that teleports the closest dead body to his side, while using the converted life force he drained to infuse on the dead that essentially resurrects them. His mother sample has caused him to be attuned to the mutant race, enable him to copy the power signature of any and all mutants in his vicinity and for a limited period afterwards and imbue this powers in before mentionned corpses. The more lifeforce he absorbs the more corpses he can summon.  The corses return to their original state as if tey were still alive and if these corpses were mutants, aliens or enhanced humans, the will also retain their original powers of abilities as well as the ability they were granted by X-Corpse. These proxys will also gain X-Corpse's violent and sadistic nature.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Jan 2022, 18:48

JJ, you're supposed to pick a third mutant for your second pick as per the rules. But I'm going to move forward with Fitzroy as my XY sample.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Jan 2022, 20:22

Sample 1: Trevor Fitzroy
Sample α: Sage
Sample 2: Moira X

Moira X is the XX Sample to be passed off to Greycrow (Anna).

Codename: Cadence
Real Name: -n/a- (she allows some people to call her Caty because it humanizes her to them)

Physical Characteristics: Cadence is a tall, androgynous woman with severe angular features and brown eyes. Her hair is dark brown, verging on black, long and bone straight with blunt bangs framing her eyes. She tends to wear tactical clothing all the time, including a pair of holographic glasses that constantly feeds her chronal data. Her power signature is a growing sphere of fractured crystal

X-Gene Mutations and Synergies: Cadence can absorb life force to create a fixed moment in time -- a time bubble. From this point, Cadence can fracture reality, experiencing multiple possible outcomes. The longer her bubble exists, and the more possibilities it encompasses, the more life-force Cadence requires, eventually weakening her targets to the point of coma and then death. If Cadence continues projecting her bubble beyond all available surrounding life force, she begins to feed on herself, which can cause destabilization and loss of consciousness. As soon as Cadence dissipates her bubble, reality snaps back to the moment of inception, and all of the possible data across multiple timelines is instantly stored in her brain.

Cadence also possesses astonishingly advanced intellectual abilities. She possesses a photographic memory, the ability to split her attention across multiple realities and act in all of them at once, the ability to perfectly recall sequences of events, telemetry, and causation, and the mental capacity to near-instantaneously compute all possible outcomes and calculate the most efficient and beneficial course of action.

Cadence is also a telepath, which allows her to relay her results to her companions. Her computer brain makes her incredibly hard to read, however, so Cadence is a broadcast-only telepath.

X-Gene Limitations: As a product of her computer brain and her life absorbing powers, Cadence is a sociopath. While not necessarily evil, Cadence does not quite concern herself with moral quandaries. Her mind is a series of 1s and 0s, correlation and causation, and so is everyone around her. Also, all of her powers require a constant stream of life force, including her computational ones. Cadence is constantly slowly drawing on the life force of those around her, and requires the help of the Five to provide her with enough sustenance to keep her mind going at full capacity. Without a steady stream of bodies to feed her, Cadence can and will feed off of innocent people, including those she considers close. Since everyone can be resurrected, Cadence fails to see the problem with it. Though she does tend to feed off of Krakoans that are less "important" than others. In battle, of course, she'll just kill a few humans -- it's fine, right? Act of war.

History: Cadence's computer brain and her chronal abilities make it impossible for any fabrication to stick. She is a chimera, one of the most powerful and important to be created, a surgical scalpel on the field, salvaging timelines that can survive and killing off those that cannot. Honesty about her origins and purpose puts her at ease, as Cadence has no ability to fall for falsehoods, even ones she would tell herself. She is still learning about what that means for her purpose outside of the battlefield, and has become a student of sociology and psychology in her spare time.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 18 Jan 2022, 12:27

@ Jesse James— if you can edit your second pick and then PM me to make sure I pick up your “filler” character, I’ll edit the list.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 18 Jan 2022, 13:46

To clarify, whilst adding our 'sandwich' gene source, does this need to be a 'spent' sample available for re-use, or can we select any other unused gene donor, at that point?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 18 Jan 2022, 14:19

Spectral Knight wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 13:46
To clarify, whilst adding our 'sandwich' gene source, does this need to be a 'spent' sample available for re-use, or can we select any other unused gene donor, at that point?
Select any unused— each filler gets two uses, in the interest of “fairness”… whatever that means

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 20 Jan 2022, 07:45

Sorry for the delay folks, work has been a grind.

Sample 1: Moira X
Sample α: Sway
Sample 2: Artie Maddicks

Codename: Stream

Physical Characteristics: 5'6", 135 lbs. Normal appearance for a teenager, except that she has pink skin and slightly larger than average glowing eyes with no pupils. She prefers to wear stylish and hip plain clothes instead of a costume, including a baseball cap. She pulls her hair in a ponytail through the back of her cap. She also habitually wears a KN95 mask over her mouth and nose in public.

X-Gene Mutation: Stream has the telepathic power to manipulate time, backward and forward, across different realities, at any speed in her mind. In a fashion, her mind acts as a kind of video recorder/editor. For example, Stream can manipulate the temporal energies in an area, rewind the events that occurred in her field of view, watch how they unfolded for minutes, hours, days, or even years. She can then fast-forward, pause, or review the events in slow motion. She can move forward in time by borrowing data from adjacent parallel realities, and checking them for the most likely outcomes. She can even EDIT recent events by manipulating nearby temporal energies. However, editing even small events requires relatively large amounts of chronal energy. Thus she can only make minor changes that fall within a small spatial radius (about 20 feet).

Stream can also cast visual data through her eyes, projecting her thoughts as holographic images for all to see. These images appear as phantom-like apparitions that are overlaid on top of the real world like a kind of Augmented Reality. In this way, she is able to share the past, present, and future to everyone around her.

(Fabricated) History: Stream is the human equivalent of Adobe Premiere, Netflix, and Chromecast all in one body. She can create movies from her mind, view them, rewind them, watch them in slow-mo, and project them to her friends. This makes her an extremely valuable mutant, who is particularly helpful as a Crime Scene Investigator. Despite her young age, Northstar named her as a full member to X-Factor, and her mutant gifts have proved crucial in solving several cold cases that were once thought unsolvable. Moreover, as long as she is nearby, her powers can be used to "fix" small errors and mistakes that might otherwise spiral into larger problems. She is an eternal optimist, preferring to look on the bright side of things, knowing that almost any problem is only a moment or two away from a practical solution.

das_boot

Re: SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups

Post by das_boot » 22 Jan 2022, 12:14

Blackcyclops wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 20:59
I’m in…
AHEM TIS YOUR TURN

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jan 2022, 12:41

Hmmm..,I actually spent all day yesterday trying to figure out a combo that would be funny with Sway…and in the middle of the night it hit me!

Sway+Artie+Ruckus=Cinema

She has the ability to create 3-dimensional images from throughout time that she can replay like films and with Ruckus (is that how you spell his name?) DNA she can also replay sounds.

The drawback: Her body is partially stuck outside time, so she moves extremely slow…thus, most interactions with her are actually replayed images. Essentially people are always interacting with her past. Only her voice can be heard in “regular” time.

Now that’s a effed up power!
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 22 Jan 2022, 17:38, edited 2 times in total.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 22 Jan 2022, 14:28

BC, you're supposed to make a 3-way chimera. Artie is the pick you inherited from Anna. Then you pick an XX sample and a third set to make a triple-chimera with a drawback. The third sample can be any unused mutant or one of the revived list that was provided at the start of the round.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Jan 2022, 17:35

EphemeristX wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 14:28
BC, you're supposed to make a 3-way chimera. Artie is the pick you inherited from Anna. Then you pick an XX sample and a third set to make a triple-chimera with a drawback. The third sample can be any unused mutant or one of the revived list that was provided at the start of the round.
Oh okay…I got confused…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 22 Jan 2022, 17:50

These rounds are much longer than the previous ones due to the nature of the game. I can see it easy getting confused, lol. So, it looks like Sway is the XX sample you're passing on then?