Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups and also MAIN GAME

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
WorldWideWade

Re: SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups and also MAIN GAME

Post by WorldWideWade » 26 Dec 2021, 14:37

Ah yes, truly no two intellects deserve to have their genes combined quite like myself and the lovely Sage. If I didn't get the feeling that she sometimes felt repulsed by me, I may have suggested the two of us attempt to mix genes the natural way. Alas a genius must toil on ever alone (unless you're a complete nutjob like Sinister).

Inspiration struck me for this next chimera as I was returning to one of my old favorite sci-fi television shows. Agent Brand appears to have things well in hand up at the SWORD station but she has complained that her team of teleporters are not always on hand to combine for a more powerful circuit. Therefore I propose a teleporter of such power and intellect as to be a circuit of one.

Code Name: Stargate
Genetic Template: Sage + Manifold
Powers: Omega level teleporter able to communicate with and analyze the vast information of the universe, to teleport just about anything, any distance required.
Current Pull List
X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, SWORD, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

P-90

Post by P-90 » 26 Dec 2021, 15:39

Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis are two of my all time favourite shows.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 26 Dec 2021, 18:36

WorldWideWade wrote:
26 Dec 2021, 14:37
Ah yes, truly no two intellects deserve to have their genes combined quite like myself and the lovely Sage. If I didn't get the feeling that she sometimes felt repulsed by me, I may have suggested the two of us attempt to mix genes the natural way. Alas a genius must toil on ever alone (unless you're a complete nutjob like Sinister).
HENRY YOU ARE A (more recently than me) WAR CRIME PERPETRATOR (with significantly less fashion sense). NO WONDER EVEN ABIGAIL DOESN’T WANT TO PLAY HUNT THE FURRY BLUE PICKLE
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 27 Dec 2021, 01:25

You know, I could've gone my entire life without ever hearing "furry blue pickle" --sorry, Hank--. If I end up in therapy, I'm sending you the bill, Essex.
I feel like dynamite, I feel like dying tonight
Just give me a taste, let it be locust-laced

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 29 Dec 2021, 17:24

So, if people are ready to play again, that’s cool, If not I’m totally willing to have a soft pause until after the New Year.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 30 Dec 2021, 04:26

I think you just need to summon Wings like usual
Current Pull List
X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, SWORD, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Dec 2021, 05:30

Yes, perform the ritual. I have some mandrake root and a live chicken if it will help.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

Wings

Post by Wings » 01 Jan 2022, 15:37

Genetic Templates: Eden Fesi a.k.a. MANIFOLD and Neena Thurman a.k.a. DOMINO

Name : Kay Henderson

Codename: Godsend

Appearance : Dark-skinned with vitiligo over her right eye and in patches down her neck and left arm. Wears her hair in an Afro and a dark blue bodysuit ala Sage in X-Treme X-Men. Carries a belt of useful items that she can place along an intended route during missions.

Powers and Abilities: Ability to "talk" to space which makes her incredibly agile and allows her to survive otherwise impossible falls and crashes but does not allow for teleportation similar to template .MANIFOLD. Interaction of X-Gene templates instead allows Kay to instinctively position herself to be nearest to the most useful objects in her vicinity, dependent on the task that she currently wishes to accomplish.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 02 Jan 2022, 01:03

Genetic Templates
Neena Thurman//Domino
Warren Worthington//Archangel

Milo Worthington// Guardian Angel

Physical characteristics:
Taken from the template of Warren post-Apocalypse, it’s little wonder that this child was “born” blue-skinned, other than a halo of white over his right eye, although his dark hair favours his mother. Upon reaching his teens, he also developed a set of golden wings. He has the standard avian physiological mutations of his father, allowing him to fly at high altitudes/speeds, aerial manoeuvrability, hollow bones, eyes able to resist wind shear/excellent vision. Also, despite having an entirely in-human complexion, much like both of his parents, he’s ridiculously attractive.

X-gene expression: beyond the physical, it was discovered that Milo was unnaturally lucky, to a level that even rivalled/surpassed his mother— including her innate ability to be great with most any weapon he laid his hands on.

X-Gene Synergy— as Milo grew to adulthood, we discovered that his wings actually created a probability field around him— his wing-span defined the area within which everything would “fall into place” for him. As his mutation developed and his wings started to more closely resemble an organic version of his father’s metallic wings, Milo was able to fire flechettes of pure probability, acting almost as a bad luck curse to enemies, or a protective talisman to allies.

And honestly, have you ever tried to scientifically quantify something as nebulous as “luck”? I’m going to need to lie down just thinking about it.

Stark, have your butler fetch me a swooning couch.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 02 Jan 2022, 06:16

Jarvis only fetches me swooning couches. You're just going to have to clone yourself one.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 03 Jan 2022, 01:48

PRIVATE LOG OF ERIK "MAGNUS" LENSHERR [SL_MAG_03]

Having been 'gifted' the genetic template of Mr. Worthington in its Apocalypse-edited state provided me with an interesting opportunity. Given my own mutant gifts, it would likely surprise no one that I have always been somewhat intrigued by the techno-organic material constituting his wings in his Archangel or "Death" persona. With this combination, I did not merely combine the two samples and let nature run its course, but attempted to apply some guidance to the result with my own electro-magnetic abilities. Given the sample size of one, it is impossible to tell whether my application had any effect, but the result was nonetheless superb.

Genetic Stock: Archangel (Warren Worthington III) + Armor (Hisako Ichiki)

Codename: Orihalkon

Physical Description: Tall (6'+), lean muscular build, ash-blond long hair

Powers: Like her 'father', the default manifestation of her gift is a pair of large, bio-metallic wings, which grant her the ability to fly, can be used as shield, or fire individual feathers as flechettes. The shards which constitute her wings may be re-formed into a variety of either armor or weapons. While her usual preference is to create a long, two-handed sword, she can create any sort of hand-to-hand weapon, such as an axe, mace, spear, claws, etc. She can also form the shards into pieces of armor, such as outfitting herself with a suit of armor from head to toe. She can also detach her created armory from herself to create armor or weapons for allies.

She also possesses an innate healing factor. While much weaker than say, Wolverine and his kin, it still grants her some limited healing ability, as well as the ability to quickly regrow parts of her wings that have been detached or formed into armor/weapons. With some effort, she can generate enough armor shards to arm and protect both herself and several allies simultaneously.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 03 Jan 2022, 11:39

I must admit, I've been somewhat inspired by the genetic tamperings seen so far in this sojourn into the world of creation. I feel like we are becoming God himself. If it wasn't for my intense need for coffee - very strong coffee - following the jovialities of the festive season, I'd be rather enjoying this. This island sure does like a party...

Anyway, fellow chroniclers of science, let me introduced you to the next pages of my journal of discovery...
subjects3-and-4.jpg
subjects3-and-4.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 493 times
download/file.php?id=948

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 05 Jan 2022, 05:50

Genetic Stock: Jubilee (Jubilation Lee) + Professor X (Charles Xavier)

Codename: Mindblast

Physical Description: Male of above-average height, slim build, Asian features. Remarkably, given his 'father', a full head of hair, perhaps due to the external nature of his abilities.

Powers: Can project blasts of mental-disruptive energy of various intensities. At the most subtle, the blast could merely lull someone into a forgetful or 'mind wandering', day-dreaming state. A stronger blast may disorient or distract, increasing up to concussive symptoms. At the most powerful, the blasts can entirely rend a target's mental state, including separating a person's psyche entirely from their physical body, similar to astral projection. For example, Mindblast has demonstrated the ability to focus a strike such that he temporarily 'knocks' a target's mind into another person behind the target, allowing the 'receiver' to perceive the target's memories. Further experimentation will be needed, as this raises concerns about the permanence and effect of such incidents, which could have similar outcomes of the way Rogue absorbs memories and mentalities, for example.

Mindblast possesses no innate psychic abilities of his own; all of his abilities involve the external generation of mind-disrupting energy. However, he himself appears to be immune to his own powers, and highly resistant to the psychic abilities of others.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 Jan 2022, 10:51

Genetic Stock

Charles Xavier// Professor X
Theresa Cassidy// Siryn

Killian Cassidy
WHISPER

X-Gene expressions
Flight
Mid-level telepathy (mind-reading, illusion casting, astral projection)
Mid-level sonic manipulation (brief sonic scream projecting concussive force and sonic assault, sound dampening/amplification, suggestion powers)

X-gene synergy
Killian is able to synergise his sonic and telepathic powers to create an effect that extends around 20 metres from his body in which he projects an inaudible sound that triggers the emotional centre of the brain for various effects, which then cause hallucinations amplified by his telepathy.

Physical characteristics
Killian is of a slim build, around 5’10 and has reddish-blond hair (clearly received the good hair genes from the Cassidy side of the equation) with blue eyes.

Fabricated backstory
When Killian was born, he didn’t speak for the first twelve years of his life— people around him seemed to instinctively know what he was trying to communicate to them, other than his mother, due to an ultra-low frequency sound that he produced at all times that was able to impact anyone else’s primal emotive responses; when he was scared, people near him would be scared; if he was happy, so would they be.

On his 13th birthday his sonic powers manifested with his first sonic scream— one he was unable to maintain for as long as his mother or grand father, and one that was far less potent. He also started to exhibit telepathic abilities which he preferred to use to communicate with people.

As part of his power set involves sonic manipulation and the ability to suppress sound around him, combined with the abilities granted due to his X-Gene synergy, this makes him perfect for infiltration and distraction

Wings

Post by Wings » 07 Jan 2022, 09:35

Genetic Templates: Theresa Rourke Cassidy a.k.a. SIRYN and James Proudstar a.k.a. WARPATH

Name: Clíodhna Cassidy-Proudstar
Codename: Scáthach

Appearance:
Long dark hair, brown eyes, lightly tan skin, freckles on her cheeks. Muscular build. Wears a green sleeveless top and dark green pants, with red accents and gloves and black boots.

Powers and abilities: Possesses a sonic scream inherited from her genetic mother and grandfather, has also inherited a version of her father's strength and invulnerability, which is charged by the sound in her surroundings (ie the more a battle is loud and chaotic, the stronger Clíodhna becomes).

Clíodhna is also capable of psionic-based flight, without requiring the scream that Sean and Theresa Cassidy usually require in order to do so.

Implanted backstory: Named after the queen of the banshees and believing herself to hail from a not too distant future timeline, Clíodhna is the supposed daughter of Siryn and Warpath sent back in time to warn her parents and Krakoa of a future threat. However she has no memory about what this supposed threat actually is. Having not yet revealed herself to her parents, she has decided to recruit a group of young mutants to help her unlock the mysteries within her mind while battling threats to mutantkind....
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 07 Jan 2022, 16:02

Strange rumblings have started to be relayed to me through Sage (in an almost gleeful manner I might add) that my colleagues on the island have yet to fully grasp the sacrifice and perseverance I have personally applied to insure the dominance and safety of our great nation state. This of course bothers me not in the slightest but it did get me pondering the idea of a mutant with unparalleled social skills and likeability.

Thus I reached out to X-Corp and Monet to help craft a template for just such a perfect public relations powerset. To the surprise of no one, she insisted that her genetic template would need to be applied in any version of a perfect mutant. We further decided that James Proudstar was the best match in sheer male physical physique and temperament to craft our creation.

Thus with the combination of Monet + Warpath we achieved the male mutant chimera Perfection.

PowerSet: Unparalleled physical looks, intelligence, and charisma with the added bonus of strength, invulnerability, flight, telepathy, and increased senses.
Current Pull List

gardien

Post by gardien » 10 Jan 2022, 02:52

Sample 1: Monet St. Croix aka M
Sample 2: Everett Thomas aka Synch

Name: Aiden Poras
Codename: Link
Powers: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Super strength and durability, flight. The rainbow aura has been inherited allowing Link to access any powers surrounding him whether mutant in origin or otherwise. Able to shift aura and wrap around themselves and restricting it to the point of razor sharpness.
Purpose: An answer to the question of what if the Five fall in battle or otherwise. Link can essentially become a five in one, they are the missing link in growing our people's numbers exponentially
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Jan 2022, 09:54

This is a polite notice:

JESSE JAMES.

Once you have made your first pairing, please pause. Further instructions are due. I’ve finally made my way back from various other scientific institutions where I have bought, borrowed or outright stolen (mostly option three) various further equipment to further our experiments. I also need to conduct an audit on genetic samples as I believe some may have not been as depleted as I thought initially.

I encourage you to hold your breath until then. Other than Stark, I can bring you all back anyway 🤷‍♂️

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Jan 2022, 11:59

Hey, I did the whole "digital ghost" thing before it was cool.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Jan 2022, 12:09

EphemeristX wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:59
Hey, I did the whole "digital ghost" thing before it was cool.
Take up your copyright dispute with Malice’s lawyer, I guess? (I hear she turns into a dragon, however)

Cable

Post by Cable » 10 Jan 2022, 15:45

Synch crossed with Petra

Dolley cannot remember ever having a family but she has always felt at home in cemeteries. Certain graves seem to attract her, like they have a comforting glow she could nestle down on. It wasn't long before the powers began to manifest...It turns out that the graves that Dolley can detect are the graves of mutants. She can somehow draw out the essence of their powers through the soil surrounding them and by rubbing it on her face she can use the powers for a limited time. Mr Sinister has given Dolley purpose by turning her gift into a weapon, allowing her to become a trained assassin that can utilize a wide array of powers. Deep below Sinister's lab is where the girl now called CRYPTIC lives and where she keeps numerous urns filled with the soil of mutant graves. She can fill up pouches and take the soil with her, smearing her face as she needs each power. Sometimes Mr Sinister will need her for a mission that requires a powerset she doesn't have. It is understood the first step of the mission is to put a body in the ground...
Best Comics of Week 2

X-titles: X-Men Legends #10 by Fabian Nicieza (1) and Dan Jurgens (1)
Non-X titles: Fantastic Four #39 by Dan Slott (1) and Francesco Manna (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Jan 2022, 22:56

DAMN.

Oh I DO like that

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jan 2022, 14:44

Petra+Rain Boy= Mudslide

She is composed of living mud and can affect the moisture level of objects as well as limited geokinetic abilities.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 14 Jan 2022, 23:26

I'm not calling for a re-do or anything, but it looks like Rain Boy has been used already. I'm going to keep the game going though.

Sample 1: Rain Boy
Sample 2: Psylocke

Codename: Purple Rain

Physical Characteristics: Body is formed of a purple semi-liquid form that is mutable, but is usually arranged in a humanoid form using powerful telekinesis

X-Gene Mutation: Purple Rain has exact control of his liquid form, due to his advanced telekinetic abilities. He can shapeshift into various shapes similar to Mercury, can form his appendages into liquid-weapons (such as a watery blade that looks like a katana extending from his hand), and he can expel liquid from his form as pressurized blasts

(Fabricated) History: Carl is a British mutant, hailing from a famous family of high society, at least until his mutation emerged. His family was disgraced, so he left for the United States, where he was taken in by the Jean Grey School. Thanks to his training, he has gained immaculate control of his powers. He is a formidable opponent, able to morph into any form needed at the time, or adjust his hands into whatever weapon is required.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Jan 2022, 07:21

Clarification: is this Betsy Braddock or Kwannon? I see British high-society but I also see a katana.