Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups and also MAIN GAME

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
EphemeristX

Re: SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Nov 2021, 22:23

Question: How are we handling trans characters? Are we doing assigned at birth?
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Nov 2021, 23:47

[the one and only time I’ll break character]

It feels as though stating that as they identify would be most appropriate. All jokes aside, this is a game stating that we use genetic material to create a new person- it’s not about actual biological 👉👌 procreativeness, so genitalia are irrelevant.

So. If they use he/him, male. If they use she/her, female. If they use they/them? Screw it. We have a wildcard that fits either option.

Admittedly the only trans mutants I’m aware of are either Jessie Drake or some of the new creations in COTA or New Mutants, but COTA only contains one actual mutant, but New Mutants have several trans/NB characters. Again, I’d go as far as to say that a shape-shifter could potentially fit either option too. If in doubt? Please ask. Just because Gambit was put in a frock by Jim Jaspers, or Iceman/Prodigy/Eye-Boy essentially wore gowns for the Hellfire Gala does not make them gender fluid/trans/NB. I appreciate that there will be only a small handful of characters that this applies to, but as stated— if these are characters who have been suggested/stated to be trans, we treat them as the gender they present/have been referenced as (so Jessie Drake is female, Leo from New Mutants is female, Cam from New Mutants could be male or female as they use “they” pronouns).
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Nov 2021, 01:14

Very minor character, who I'm 90% sure hasn't been seen on Krakoa, but Courier from one of the 90's Gambit series was a shapeshifting man who Sinister "locked" into a form as a woman. She transitioned, adopted female pronouns, wore female clothing, and even kissed Gambit at the end of the series. I only bring it up as an example of a trans mutant, not that she is available for the game.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 24 Nov 2021, 13:44

When are the experiments expected to begin?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 24 Nov 2021, 19:11

Spectral Knight wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 13:44
When are the experiments expected to begin?
Listen, my fingers can only type so fast… but imminently

das_boot

Re: SINISTER’S LAB! Sign-ups and also MAIN GAME

Post by das_boot » 24 Nov 2021, 19:24

ROUND ONE
PLEASE FAMILIARISE YOURSELVES WITH THE RULES OF THE GAME POSTED YESTERNIGHT!

-There is no list to pick from. Once you’ve selected a mutant who has at *least* been on our glorious isle of Krakoa (no Arrako mutants please, Otherworld has done something funny to their genetic structure), or that I have feasibly been in contact with over the years, they are taken out of play. (If in doubt, ask me). Used characters will be listed.
-if you haven’t made your pick in 48 hours, you’ve broken the chain and you’ll be shuffled in wherever you can be slotted in. And also I’ll swipe $100 (or equivalent thereof) from your PayPal account HA HA.

Here is the turn list:
Jesse James II
EphemeristX
Anna Raven
BlackCyclops
Cable
Gardien
Worldwidewade
Wings
Das_boot (ugh)
Magnus
Spectral Knight

Well. What are you waiting for?

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 24 Nov 2021, 20:20

Awesome. Can't wait.

Do you mind posting the rules and turn order (as well as chosen characters) to the first post of the thread?
Current Pull List
X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, SWORD, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 24 Nov 2021, 20:21

WorldWideWade wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 20:20
Awesome. Can't wait.

Do you mind posting the rules and turn order (as well as chosen characters) to the first post of the thread?
You’ve a lot of nerve.

But also raise a good point.

Sure.

[Sinister walks away, wondering if he can arrange some kind of accident to befall WorldWideWade]

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 24 Nov 2021, 22:10

Dr. Hank McCoy prefers an orderly lab, unlike the chaotic charlatan Sinister.

I dare anyone to prove that Sinister's reject Hellions are a more effective black ops group than my X-Force. The pedigree of the team names chosen for our two divisions is all you really need to know.

How that ancient clown has a seat on the Council while I don't is beyond me but this experiment will prove the superior geneticist.
Current Pull List
X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, SWORD, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 25 Nov 2021, 22:19

Sorry for the late reply.  I did not count on being first and wanted to go with the flow.  Little did I know qi had to choose not one but two characters. 

Fresh from Sinister's breeding pits comes ...

Celine... placed in the care of her foster parents outside the borders of the safe haven of Krakoa by our devious gene-meddling benefactor, Celine had everything she ever wanted.  Her parents were wealthy enough to give her everything she ever wanted. She never was sick. As she grew up, she had a lot of friends and she always seemed like she got whatever she wanted.  Even when she was in her turbulent teens, she was a happy carefree teenager. She grew up to be a beautiful young women, kinda like a young Ming-Na Wen. Teachers adored her, her friends supported her in everything she did, she never lacked any attention, neither from men nor women.
At least that was up until one evening when her parents organised her sweet sixteen party. All of her friends were there as were the X-Men. By the time Celine was sixteen the X-Men did not only became the Krakoan premier superhero team, but the grew to be the new avengerlike superoheroteam.

Little did they know our glossy black idol, arranged for some human supremacists to hijack the party and attack the Krakoan heroes.  During the grim attack there were a lot of civilian casualities and at a certain point one of the attackers came after Celine and her family. Still not having a clue she was a mutant, or rather a mutant chimera, she lashed out.  Next to her, unbeknownst to her, mutant powers of pheromone manipulation, she possessed a power far more lethal.  As the ennemies came closer to attack her parents, she lashed out. She drew upon the lifeforce of the bystanders and drained them, and imbued the surrounding floor, ceiling and walls with mentionned lifeforce in order to attack her assailants.  Her astonishment over her victory quickly faded as soon as she realised her victory came with a serious cost.  Her absorbtion of the nearby lifeforce had left her parents and other partygoers lifeless husks. 

The X-Men present at the party were as surprised as she was. Wolverine was puzzled. As much as she wanted to attack Celine, she smeĺled a familiar scent. She hesitated and before Marvel Girl could scan the girl's mind, they were interrupted by our Ribbon Caped Hero.  He quickly discarded the X-Men and told them to go and appease the public.  And so he recrured his first New Hellion....
Celine
16 years old
Father: Akihiro "Daken"
Mother: Selene Gallio
Powers:
Superhuman physical attributes / Animation and control of fire non-living materials /Ability to drain the life force of lifeforce / Regenerative healing  / Pheromone manipulation
Codename: Succubus

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 27 Nov 2021, 17:06

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume most of you colonials are celebrating Turkey weekend?

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 27 Nov 2021, 17:12

Most likely. I sent a message to EphX this morning.

Just so I'm clear the next pick must use Daken or Selene as one of the two parents? Then an opposite gender character is chosen by EphX. Finally that second chosen character will be the parent for the third chimera.
Current Pull List

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 27 Nov 2021, 17:45

Yes, sorry. I actually completely forgot this was starting. Big weekend and all that. But here we go.

Since I get to choose, I'm taking Daken. Selene is way too complicated and is basically a Chimera herself. Aaaand the only thing better than an assassin is an assassin who can be anywhere at any time.

Sample 1: Daken
Sample 2: Blink

Codename: Kiba

Physical Characteristics: 5'10" (179cm). 165 lbs (75kg). Lean, lanky build. Brown skin. Bright pink hair styled in a pompadour fauxhawk. Pink solid-color eyes. Single retractable bone claw that emerges from the inside of both wrists. Eyes and claws glow the same pink as his hair when he uses his powers.

X-Gene Mutation: Healing Factor. Enhanced Senses. Retractable Wrist Claws (1) in each hand. Gate-based teleportation.
X-Gene Synergies: Can use his claws to "shear" 3d space, causing destabilization of local environment that seems to repair itself after a few moments or a break in concentration. This shearing can cause temporary or permanent harm to inanimate objects and living things caught up in those shears, resulting in either debilitating pain in the living, temporary separation allowing for traversal between sheared sections (e.g. walking through a wall) or complete entropic dismemberment. Can also instantaneously blink away anything currently touching his claws, resulting in a form of banishment touch that sends things "away", though typically still somewhere in the geographic region.

(Fabricated) History: The youngest son of a Caribbean mother and Japanese father, Kingston grew up with a foot in two worlds. He grew up visibly "other", not by quirk of X-Gene mutation, but of simple genetics. Though loved at home, he was an "other" from the moment he stepped outside it. A target for pranks and ridicule, Kingston's mutation expressed itself in a grisly fashion in his classroom, leaving Kingston newly bright pink, covered in blood, and screaming. The only witnesses to survive describe the scene as the work of a devil, with Kingston himself a demon at the center of it.

Kingston fled in fear, but found himself listed as a casualty, not the perpetrator. The scene had been impossible to decipher, and Kingston decided it was best to die a beloved son than live a mass murderer and freak.

Now calling himself Kiba, he fell in with other mutant outcasts and committed small crimes, his skill and powerset eventually catching the eye of a wetworks group operating out of Madripoor. He proved himself swift, quiet, and deadly, a rising star in assassination, espionage, and retrieval. But then Krakoa made itself known as a haven and homeland for all. And Kiba, always an outsider without a true homeland, found his way there.
with me," he smiled.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 28 Nov 2021, 11:02

So to clarify— Anna Raven has inherited Blink. The next genetic sequence that they pick will be inherited by the next player etc.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Nov 2021, 16:26

Sample 1: Blink
Sample 2: Prodigy

Codename: X-32, Blinkwise

Physical Characteristics: Black skin with pink hair and green eyes. 5'8" 120 lbs. (Sketch to follow hopefully)

X-Gene Mutation: Gate-based teleportation, energy daggers, photographic reflexes, psychomimetic.
X-Gene Synergies: The perfect blend of teleportation and fighting prowess, combined with the ability for unlimited learning capacity make Chloe the ultimate stealth-based assassin.

(Fabricated) History: After the Weapon X program was secretly revived, X-32 was the next truly successful subject after X-23. Trained from an early age to hunt and kill her targets even more effectively than Laura Kinney, due to her teleportation and energy projection abilities. What the Weapon X Council of Directors could not have anticipated was X-32's aptitude for advanced learning in the field of behavioral ethics, philosophy, and sociology.

The X-Men first encountered Chloe after an assassination of a pro-mutants right's activist in Turkmenistan. They were able to collect a sample of her DNA and determined her biological heritage. Soon thereafter, they launched a mission to have Prodigy and Blink confront her and try and persuade her to come with them to Krakoa. While she was not initially persuaded, Prodigy handed her his personal copy of A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume. After devouring one book, Chloe was hooked. She teleported herself into the National Archive and quickly devoured as much reading on leading an ethical life as possible.

After a climatic battle between the Weapon X Council of Directors and the X-Men, Chloe found herself free to join her new family. She has adopted the codename Blinkwise, in honor of her biological parents, and now uses her powers for good rather than evil. She has formed close affiliations with Scout, who quickly made an effort to befriend her when she joined the team.
Last edited by Anna Raven on 29 Nov 2021, 22:19, edited 4 times in total.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Nov 2021, 19:57

Kingston and Chloe sound like two sides of the same coin. Very cool.
with me," he smiled.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Nov 2021, 22:20

EphemeristX wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 19:57
Kingston and Chloe sound like two sides of the same coin. Very cool.
I agree and I wasn't even really trying to do that. I think they would become close once they were introduced.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » Yesterday, 22:52

**My Chimera is Prodigy x Jean Grey= Mindscape

More to come later…

Because I am a dummy…
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 01 Dec 2021, 13:45, edited 2 times in total.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » Yesterday, 23:01

Blackcyclops wrote:
Yesterday, 22:52
My Chimera is Prodigy x Exodus= Omen

More to come later…
Sorry BC, you need to pick a female or NB character here…

das_boot

Post by das_boot » Today, 07:41

Blackcyclops wrote:
Yesterday, 22:52
*My Chimera is Prodigy x Selene= Zuri

More to come later…

Because I am a dummy…
Aaaaaand Selene is already gone 😂😂😂