Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Crisis of Multiverse X - Draft (round 8)

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Lavettye

Re: Crisis of Multiverse X - Draft (round 8)

Post by Lavettye » 21 Feb 2021, 19:42

[PL_2.0]

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 21 Feb 2021, 23:34

Ok for my last pick I'll take Cypher aka Magus from Earth-811, The Days of Future Past timeline.
cypher-dofp.jpg
cypher-dofp.jpg (81.6 KiB) Viewed 618 times
Write up to follow.
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 22 Feb 2021, 10:38

My last pick is Meanstreak from 2099

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 22 Feb 2021, 10:48

[PL_2.0]

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 22 Feb 2021, 11:01

And my last pick is Mach-2 from the Ultimate universe. Write up to follow...
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 22 Feb 2021, 13:21

I'll take 616 Lady Mastermind to complete my Brotherhood of Mutliversal Mutants.

I did not have a solid story concept. I wanted to go for classic Brotherhood characters that were more willing to go to extreme methods. Thus I had around three realities still available to me that could roughly work for a terrorist Brotherhood willing to do whatever it takes.
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions, Immortal Hulk, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Marauders

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 22 Feb 2021, 16:23

Aaliyah Bishop - X-Men: The End (Earth-41001)

http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 22 Feb 2021, 21:51

So my concept...

We’d open on a ship that’s drifting in space, and see the silhouette of SOMETHING TERRIFYING skittering around in the dark and there are six capsules that have people inside them. The SOMETHING TERRIFYING presses a few buttons and the capsules open, groggily, our arguably more human cast get out of their capsules and look around as a voice asks them kindly to not jump to assumptions and attack him... AND ITS BROO! (YAY FOR SOMETHING NOT TERRIFYING!)
Basically, the ship that they were put on was stuck navigating between the various dimensions as they were being put back— so, while Broo knows where they SHOULD be according to HIS reality, there are several different star systems that he can pick up on long range scanners that simply do not exist.

Oh, and that’s the good news because the ship was damaged severely transitioning between realities and is PRETTY close to falling to pieces so... help?

Between Fixx’s pixies holding the hull of the ship together with Magnus’ magnetism sealing them; Mach-2 pulling the ship’s drive back together and Jubilee jump-starting it by creating some sub-atomic explosions held within a magnetic field, they manage to get the ship working again... Waran confirms with Broo’s suspicions— none of the stars near them are anything like those of his gods.

Marrow starts freaking out. She doesn’t know what’s going on and suspects she’s out of her depth, which causes her bone powers to fluctuate wildly and they start to burst of her skin— (this will be an ongoing plot thread with her, when she’s stressed and unable to meditate to harness her chi, her bone powers look less like blunt deformities, but more like 616 Marrow, albeit more painful— hypothesised and later proven by Broo to be because her rapid bone growth also means that they absorb more cosmic radiation which is starting to alter her on a genetic level).

The next three issues are basically divided into two, and tell of the first six months aboard the ship from the perspective of Jubilee (First Mate), Waran (Navigation, and it turns out that his god powers allow him to survive vacuum for short periods), Fixx (Communications, and with help from Broo, Magnus and Mach-2, she builds a Cerebro unit with a Galaxy-wide range, meaning her sprites can literally traverse whichever star system they’re in to try and find inhabited worlds), Magnus (Engineering), Mach-2 (Combat/Security), and Marrow (Spiritual Wellness). While Broo doesn’t LIKE the role of captain, he does technically have the most experience of space travel, but often defers to Jubilee, Waran or Fixx so he can spend more time in his lab, studying whatever they come across.

After the first three issues (Broo’s feature would basically be issue #1 and he would be heavily featured in several of the others’ stories too), we follow a formula of exploration and salvage for the next arc, discovering that while a Celstial died in this reality, it didn’t become Knowhere, but was just left full of pieces of technology that can be used to improve the ship to make jumps between star systems possible without stargates (which are few and far between and also not always reliable). It becomes apparent that this reality is almost empty, and seeking answers, they navigate to roughly where Earth would be...

And find that they’ve arrived on an Earth that is only JUST starting to see the birth of humans— no interference from the Kree/Celestials. It dawns on them that this reality is millennia behind any of theirs, and they’re literally watching the start of human civilisation. Whilst mostly conflicted, Waran decides to stay behind— as a god, he has experience leading and inspiring people and he chooses to protect this reality’s Earth. They also discover an early Brood ship just on the outside of the Sol system, and Broo discovers that this is the ship of the first Brood Empress, and the team must make a tough call— do they kill the Empress and stop the Brood conquest of the Galaxy, or do they let things play out?...

This is the story of the Guardians of the GalaXies

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 22 Feb 2021, 22:15

Capitalize the x in GalaXies, and you have yourself an X-book ready to go on the shelves.
[PL_2.0]

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 22 Feb 2021, 22:26

Lavettye wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 22:15
Capitalize the x in GalaXies, and you have yourself an X-book ready to go on the shelves.
Dunno what you mean, I definitely didn’t just edit that post 🤔

bamf

Post by bamf » 23 Feb 2021, 00:55

My final pick will be Tyrone Johnson (Earth-295) Image
Avengers Generation Draft:
Avengers: Teen Hero Outreach System (ATHOS)
Spider-Man, Crystal, Valkyrie, Justice, Cannonball, Quake, Manifold, Smasher, Namorita (Captain America support)

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Feb 2021, 01:02

My final pick is Bluestreak from MC2

Best Comics of Week 18

X-titles: Hellions #11 by Zeb Wells (4) and Stephen Segovia (4)
Non-X titles: Heroes Reborn #1 by Jason Aaron (2) and Ed McGuinness (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Feb 2021, 05:35

So in my comic, there is a cataclysmic event that kills Krakoa and shatters his corpse into an archipelago. During this event the gates also malfunction, and any mutant who tries to use them goes in as themselves, but comes out as a version of themselves from an alternate universe(presumably switching places with their doppelganger). The gates then become unstable and explode. Meanwhile, several dozen important mutants are simply killed during the carnage.

Following this disaster, the Krakoan experiment fails and evil mutants such as Mr. Sinister quickly revert to their baser instincts. The big power players mutants form their own kingdoms on their own individual islands. most of these Island Kingdoms are now at war, and the rest of the world seems more than happy to leave mutantdom to fight this all out amongst themselves.

The most important Islands are:
Bar Sinister: Only the most depraved mutants serve Sinister. Most of his subjects are just clones of himself.
Hell's Island: Belasco rules with an iron fist, but protects those who pledge their loyalty
Atlanta Nova: Namora is queen of this small lagoon, but she also rules the seas, and thus all traffic between the islands must go through her. She is of a slightly friendlier disposition than Belasco, but she nonetheless rules with absolute authority
The Technarchy: Cypher came out of his gate as a Warlock/Cypher hybrid that then fell prey to the Magus. Magus has spread the Techno-Organic virus across his island, and is trying to find a way to infect the other islands, and eventually the world.
The Isle of M: Psylocke has established a haven for mutants who want to continue to follow the path laid out by Xavier, most of the former X-Men reside here
New Genosha: Toad is an unlikely leader, but his island territory promises an anarchic existence without any rules. It is a place where anything goes, you can get your hands on anything, and the only consequences come in the form of revenge.
Mount Phoenix: an island that is mostly made up a large volcano. Phoenix/Jean seems to dwell within the volcano and no one else lives on the island at all. She is rarely seen, but when she does emerge, it is usually only to preserve the status quo. She will intercede if any one island-nation is trying to expand their power too far.
Last edited by Anna Raven on 23 Feb 2021, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Feb 2021, 07:54

Ohhhhh I really like that, Anna!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Feb 2021, 08:44

das_boot wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 07:54
Ohhhhh I really like that, Anna!
Thank you! I think it's one of my better ideas too.

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Feb 2021, 12:19

Here is my idea:

Logan finds himself inexplicably thrown into a world in which it is the 1800s. He wanders the American West until he comes upon a town where he saves some people from a brutal attack. The attackers retreat in the face of his fierce resistance but it soon becomes apparent they were vampires. The townspeople reveal their lawmen have been killed by initial assaults and the vampires that live in hidden caves in the hills will soon overrun the entire town, and then grow their numbers to proceed across the entire territory and beyond. Logan is a former lawman himself and realizes he needs to help these people. He begins to seek allies and form a plan.

Fortunately a travelling magician happened to come to town at this time. This performer is named Forge and he happens to be able to make great inventions, including weapons that will help them defeat the vampires. But Forge himself is partially mechanical and with the lesser technology in this time he finds his body hard to maintain, with his eyesight beginning to fail him...

In the worst possible timing, a roving gang has heard rumor of there being no law in these parts and takes the opportunity to rob the local bank. Logan finds their leader Gambit happens to have powers just as he does. Nonetheless he manages to capture this thief and after ignoring his excuses of 'robbing the rich to help the poor' throws him in the jail. But as the vampires close in Gambit appeals that he can help with his powers, and Logan knows he may be too valuable of an asset to leave behind bars.

Unfortunately it also soon becomes apparent that the vampires have thralls in the town that will aid the undead in a foolish hope for immortality themselves. Rooting these people out seems impossible until Logan hears of a teacher at the nearby Spanish mission who has an uncanny knack for communication -- it turns out Carlos Javier has the ability to see into minds and can root out those who would betray the town.

Also of invaluable help will be the town's apothecary, a fellow people are somewhat distrustful of as they suspect he uses strange arts from the Far East but who has an undeniable ability to heal any wound. The truth is that X'ian Chi Xan has the ability heal innate within himself. Also of use against the vampires he has the ability to destroy -- albeit one he has forsaken to use lest a darkness inside himself come out...

Logan would also hope they can get word out to an army regiment back east but they would need a very fast messenger. Luckily the express rider that they call upon is a girl named Blue who is so fast she secretly doesn't even use a horse! She can get word out and still be back to render aid long before the soldiers arrive.

Finally Logan hopes he can appeal for help more quickly in a nearby Native American tribe. He tries to convince them that the vampires will only come for them next but the natives are loathe to help the encroaching settlers. However a young woman, who mysteriously appeared among the tribe one day, is revered for seeming to have a connection to the spirits of the dead. Moonstar knows how vital it is to destroy these unnatural undead creatures and will make sure help comes when they need it most.

This is the alliance of heroes that strangely have all come together in this place and time to stop the undead threat. They learn from the thralls that the final all-out attack of the vampires will come at the end of the week, before help outside the territory can come. Logan feels it is vital that he leads this final defense -- but he isn't going to make it. His life has been unnaturally extended by a curse that means he would live a day for every life he took. He has kept count and knows he is at the end. He could take more lives to live a little longer -- but as he prepares to stop the evil of the vampires what would it make him to be someone who prolongs his own life by shedding the blood of another?
Best Comics of Week 18

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Feb 2021, 12:51

My final pick is Thor from Earth X...it is a continuity where it was revealed that Asgardians are essentially mutants created by the Celestials!
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Feb 2021, 13:35

@Cable— love it!

@BC— full explanation for praise of your Extinction Team plsthx XOXOXOX

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 23 Feb 2021, 14:31

Final pick then - and no BC, it wasn't inspired by the last couple of day's posts LOL, I've had this in mind all weekend:

Charles Xavier II from Earth-13729 (as the identified son of Charles, I'm assuming this doesn't count as a version of Prof X)

And again... my updated premise...

Children of the atom, heirs of Apocalypse. MUTANTS - accepted and loved by a world they are sworn to destroy. These are the STRANGEST villains of all! Stan Lee presents: Apocalypse and the X-Tremists!

And my story concept...

Children of the atom, heirs of Apocalypse. MUTANTS - accepted and loved by a world they are sworn to destroy. These are the STRANGEST villains of all! Stan Lee presents: Apocalypse and the X-Tremists!

Background

Whilst not a perfect world, the Earth has redefined its relationship with minority groups. Following the revelation of the crimes against humanity and the numerous tragedies carried out by Nazi Germany in the Holocaust, nations across the world recognised the horrors they had repeatedly inflicted on their fellow men and women and triggered a complete mindset change, rapidly leading to improvements in civil rights causes for minorities of all characteristics. No more would differences define one’s position in life, nor would hatred for those differences be accepted. With the mass emergence of mutants in the mid-late 20th Century, humanity again took notice of their failings of the past and rapidly implemented anti-prejudice laws. A third of the world’s nations now have heads of states who are mutants, with many more cabinets and parliaments filled with mutant politicians. There are no mutant or human nations, only a world of nations without gene borders.

Whilst bigotry still exists in the fringes, in general society both gene racism and gene supremacy, is considered abhorrent. Extremist groups have been barred in law the world over, and anti-mutant technology are considered as weapons of mass destruction and prohibited accordingly.
Whilst not a totally peaceful world – there are still sabre-rattling and minor conflicts between nations and crime continues to exist; the barriers between mutants and humans that are so present in other worlds simply do not exist on this Earth.

Until…

The disarrays in the multiverse have brough new arrivals to this world.

Apocalypse, High Lord of North America, who brought the entire globe into conflict, alongside his one-man mutant army, the devout ultra-loyalist Madri (and their unwilling progenitor, the original Jamie Madrox of his reality), has been stripped from political power in his arrival on this world. En Sabur Nur is appalled at the lack of struggle, conflict and violence – the willingness of the strong to co-exist with the weak. It is an affront to his very sensibilities.

He is not alone. Also newly arrived are four very different individuals; each from different realities and times themselves. Stryfe. Diamanda. Holocaust. Evan Sabuhnur. Each consider themselves the sole heir of Apocalypse, and each view the others as imposters, mere facsimiles of their own cause.

For the Eternal One, he sees these competing ‘heirs’ as his chance to decimate this insult of a world and truly test who is the fittest to survive. Allocating a quarter of his Madri army to each heir, and forcing Jamie to spawn ever more, spreading his heirs and their command to the four corners of the Earth, declaring war on the world.

Meanwhile; Charles Xavier II is having a crisis of confidence. Transported to a new world where his now-deceased father’s dream of mutants and humans living in peace has long been realised without ever needing an X-Men or a Brotherhood to achieve this goal, yet these exiles from other worlds are risking destructions and disharmony. Dare he risk bringing together the untrained mutants of this new world together to ward off this threat despite the in-fighting of the past that have plagued his own reality with such groupings, and if not, how will Apocalypse and his heirs be stopped?

Can the long-established peace between humans and mutants be maintained in face of this savage onslaught? Will Apocalypse’s creed find mutant followers despite the acceptance they’ve found to date? And who will repel these alternate reality invaders? Find out in Apocalypse and the X-Tremists…

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Feb 2021, 15:19

So I took the Exiles-esque approach. Each person remembers their lives prior to being stuck essentially on Earth-666666 after Franklin reconstructed parts of the multiverse...I’ll have a full breakdown later but yes this is the Extinction Squad lol

black Cyclops- Cyclops
Emma from The End- Emma Frost
Earth X Thor- Storm
BotA Colossus- Colossus and Magik
Namor’s son, Remy- Namor
Polaris from Mutant X- Magneto
Lady Stryfe-Hope

Only person missing is a Danger analogue/
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 23 Feb 2021, 15:59, edited 2 times in total.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 23 Feb 2021, 15:34

Some cool concepts.

Mine is no where as detailed but basic idea:

Alien overlords (Earth conquered by an alien race)

Our group of heroes arrive on a world that has been taken over by the Dire Wraiths. They had infiltrated a small town and soon spread across the world taking it over. This Earth had two disadvantages, Rom the Spaceknight, had been killed before the Dire Wraiths started their invasion on Earth, so was not available to help the planet. The second disadvantage was although this world had mutants an some superheroes, magic never developed on this Earth, no Sorcerer Supreme, Naze, Shaman, Brother Voodoo etc. or access to magical dimensions like Limbo,Dark dimension or Otherworld.

The new arrivals arrive in two groups Magik, Storm, Pixie & Marvel Woman arrive in America while Captain Britain Meggan, Proudstar Shaman and Selene arrive in England. The Dire Wraiths have not encountered magical mutants before so are quite unprepared for them. Magik soon gets access to this worlds Limbo, and with the other experienced team members they are able to recruit demons and start trapping Dire Wraiths in Limbo. Similarily Captain Britain gets access to Otherworld and get help from there. The two teams are able to meet up with agik and Pixie acting as teleporters and begin co-ordinating attacks on the aliens as well as building a resistance with the heros they've been able to free and recruit.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Feb 2021, 16:22

"We are in one of the most beautiful and dangerous locations on the planet: Okkara. The sister island to Krakoa, this beautiful island nation in the south Pacific is wild, untamed... and deadly. Here, seven mutants with nothing to lose are stranded. We've taken away their powers, all of their possessions, all access to the outside world, and left them with nothing but the clothes on their back and the will to win. Welcome to Powerless!"

In a world where man's better nature has sold itself out for money, Krakoa is king. Not because humans decided to share the world. It's because mutants mean money. Forget the Avengers, forget the Fantastic Four, and forget those wannabe Inhumans, mutants are shaping the world in almost every major sphere of influence, from science to religion, from pop culture to political might. Everyone wants to be one, or know one, or have sex with one. Strange is the new status quo and "Flatscan" is an epithet with the same Gen Zero venom as "Karen".

"Season fourteen is gonna be the wildest season yet! Okkara has given us permission to use an uninhabited section of their home to determine which of these seven are truly fit to survive. The twist... all of these mutants are legacies. Each one, unknown to the others, is the child of one of the most powerful and dangerous heroes--and villains--in this world and beyond."

Powerless is the current reigning reality television show on television. Savvy contestants of this show can find overnight success, money, and fame far beyond the prize itself. However, as the success of this show has grown, so has its extreme nature. In season five, the first contestant died on set, pulled under the waves off the coast of the Philippines by a giant octopus. In season eleven, half the cast was captured by an anti-mutant paramilitary unit and tortured for seventeen days. One of them was permanently maimed. All of this was filmed. By season fourteen, all bets seem to be off. An island with no extradition laws, no safety regulations, and little to no help outside of a camera crew and a single medical technician, these seven mutants are taking their life in their own hands to experience something truly unique on this world; absolute freedom.

"This season, it's all about the legacies.

Kymera - the daughter of Storm and the king of Wakanda.

Jimmy Hudson - a member of the Logan family.

Alyosha Kravinoff - the son of famed big game hunter Sergei Kravinoff.

Ruby Summers - the daughter of general Cyclops and Emma Frost, head of Hellfire International.

Tito Bohusk - the grandson of supermodel Angel Salvadore and her longtime husband, Beak.

Aaliyah Bishop - the daughter of captain Bishop of the Marauders and the space pirate Deathbird, contested member of the Shi'ar royal family.

Sora: The Wolf - the daughter of fabled inventor Forge and the enigmatic Psylocke."

Each of these seven mutants are here for different reasons. One simply wants fame and fortune. One seeks to escape their parents shadow. One wants to test their survival skills against the rest. One wants to find camaraderie and friendship -- and maybe even romance -- while striving to survive. One secretly wants to see what life is like without their powers. One wants to use the show to vanish from the world forever, disgusted with what society has become.

That last mutant, though... they have a reason all their own. Not money, power, self-determination, and certainly not friendship.

They're going to kill every. Single. One of them.

"I'm your host, He-Lix, and welcome to Powerless: War of the Legacies"
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 23 Feb 2021, 16:43

Ooooh, great concepts Magik and EphX, both are very cool.

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Feb 2021, 17:28

Thanks to Lavettye for hosting. I was skeptical of this idea at first but it turned out to be a fun game.
Best Comics of Week 18

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Feb 2021, 17:44

I love all of these concepts and would 100% buy them. ❤️

Three cheers for Lavettye!