Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Warp: Redux

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Anna Raven

Re: Marvel Warp: Redux

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Oct 2020, 13:33

Sorry, I had this done last night, but the site was not loading for me. I can't believe you guys almost wiped me out of all four Ghost Riders, thus depriving yourselves of my second warp below. But if nothing else you've inspired me to give my Invisible Woman/Punisher warp a sister.

Warp 1: Cyclops (Mutants) + Black Bolt (Metas) = Black Cyclops (this one's for you BC!)

Scott Bolt was a young African-American man, who always believed he was an orphan. Little did he know that in fact, he had a family, and not just that, a royal family from another world. His father was a monarch in exile, who had lived his life as a space pirate. In order to spare his son such a life, he sent him to earth, thinking he would grow up another ordinary earth child, far out of harm's way. Little did he know that the Kree'Ar had long ago seeded earth. They had implanted it with a living bio-weapon that after eons of dormancy, would eventually release into the atmosphere as a "Terregenatomic Wave", a cocktail of radiation in mist form, that would transform anyone on the planet with a speck of Kree'Ar DNA.

Scott woke up from his cocoon with the power to emit incredibly powerful sonic blasts from his eyes. With a blink he could kill. With eyes wide open, his sonic shout would destroy mountains. His eyes were now blacked over, and the energy emitted during his shouts was a pure inky black void.

Black Cyclops eventually was helped to control his power using a refractive obsidian eyepiece. He also learned about his familial legacy and has become the leader of the Postmutant Kingdom on Earth.

Warp 2: Human Torch (Meteoreans) + Ghost Rider (Jones) (Mystics) = Torchskull

Alejandra Storm was the younger sister of Francesca "Frankie" Storm, a hotheaded young woman who also lived life a lot faster and furiouser than her sister. She was a champion-level motorcycle racer, a stunt woman, a mechanic, and a bit of a wild girl in college. Despite her antics, she was legitimately one of the best riders, racers, and pilots in the world. So she was with her sister and friends the fateful day they went into space, as the team's pilot.

After returning to earth, and watching her sister fall into depression and then mania, as well as seeing the powers and gifts that Jen Grey had received, Alejandra began searching the world looking for a means to power, hoping to find a way to aid her sister in her fight. While in Mexico, Alejandra happened upon an ancient Aztec temple where acolytes of a strange cult were being trained to become the next human host of a demonic entity. As she stumbled upon their sacred ritual, the entity decided the best match for its unparalleled powers was in fact young Ms. Storm. It possessed her, and so she became the ghostly Torchskull. Imbued with powers of flame, Alejandra can turn into an undead ghostly flame phantom, with powers of flight and fire manipulation. She can also turn her vehicle, usually a motorcycle, but occasionally cars, into a flying, flaming version of herself. Her flames are only deadly to those who are guilty of great sins, and she can use her "Nova Stare" to incapacitate or even kill her greatest, most nefarious enemies by turning their deeds against them.
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

Red Strings

Post by Red Strings » 14 Oct 2020, 13:52

Sorry for the delay guys! I'm swamped atm. I'll hopefully get to the write-ups tonight.

Jubilee (mutant) + Cloud 9 (Meta)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Oct 2020, 16:55

Another round in the can! It's interesting that all of the Ghost Riders have been used but there are still a bunch of Spider-People. You never can tell with these games.

Here's our standings:

Anna Raven
White Tiger (Mytics) + Black Panther (Metas) = The White Jaguar
Namor (Mutants) + Baron Zemo (Mortals + Machines) = Baron Nemo
Silver Surfer (Meteoreans) + Mister Fantastic (Meteoreans) = Silver Scientist [Synergy]
Jean Grey (Mutants) + She-Hulk (Metas) = The Immortal Phoenix
Punisher (Mortals + Machines) + Invisible Woman (Meteoreans) = Fantasm
Cyclops (Mutants) + Black Bolt (Metas) = Black Cyclops
Ghost Rider (Jones) + Human Torch (Meteoreans) = Torchskull

Red Strings
Professor X (Mutants) + Doctor Octopus (Mortals + Machines) = Dr. Charles Octavius / The Octonaus
Purple Man (Metas) + Lilandra Neramani (Meteoreans) = Byzantium
Callisto (Mutants) + Clea (Mystics) = Cleasto
Captain America (Metas) + Talkback (Mortals + Machines) = Captain Chase Rogers
Bishop (Mutants) + Spiral (Mystics) = Reverent Rita
Corsair (Mortals + Machines) + Carnage (Meteoreans) = ???
Jubilee (Mutants) + Cloud 9 (Metas) = ???

Ephemerist X
Stepford Cuckoos + Black Widow (Romanoff) (Mortals + Machines) = D.I.V.A.S. / The White Room [Entropy]
Rachel Summers (Mutants) + Angela (Mystics) = Hraesvelgr
Omega Red (Mutants) + Shuma-Gorath (Mystics) = The Red Death
Ms. Marvel (Metas) + Arsenic and Old Lace (Mortals + Machines) = Cyanide Mallika
Sebastian Shaw (Mutants) + Ghost Rider (Ketch) (Mystics) = Sin Eater
Red Hulk (USAvengers) (Metas) + US Agents (Mortals + Machines) = Red State

Das Boot
Emma Frost (Mutants) + Magik (Mystics) = White Magik
Darkveil + Deathlocket (Mortals + Machines = Shade-Lock [Entropy]
Morbius (Metas) + Ghost (Mortals + Machines) = The Bloody Spectre
Synch (Mutants) + Xavin (Meteoreans) = Synchro
Spider-Man (Parker) (Metas) + Victor Mancha (Mortals + Machines) = Web-Master
Mastermind (Mutants) + Sprite (Meteoreans) = Synesthesia

Spectral Knight
The Blob (Mutants) + Sentry (Metas) = The Sentinel of Excess / The Hunger
Valkyrie (Mystics) + Minn-Erva (Meteoreans) = The Valkree
Cannonball (Mutants) + Patriot (Bradley) (Metas) = Patriot Missile
Gorilla Man (Mystics) + Ego (Meteoreans) = Egor, Planet of the Ape
Electro (Metas) + Night Nurse (Mortals + Machiens) = Shock Treatment
Heimdall (Mystics) + Phyla-Vell (Meteoreans) = Phyla-Dall, the All-Seeing

Aeon
Iron Lad (Mortal + Machines) + Gilgamesh (Meteoreans) = Eternal Machine
Pixie (Mutants) + Spectrum (Metas) = Wayfarer
Agatha Harkness (Mystics) + Vulture (Mortals + Machines) = Roanoke
Banshee (Mutants) + Blizzard (Metas) = Dead Scream
Giant-Man (Pym) (Mortals + Machines) + Jack O'Lantern (Mortals + Machines) = The Great Pumpkin [Synergy]
Big Bertha + Hobgoblin (Metas) = Wobbly Goblin [Entropy]

Omnicon
Battlestar + Galactus (Meteoreans) = Battlestar Galactus [Entropy]
Elisabeth Braddock (Mutants) + Doctor Voodoo (Mystics) = Etherlock
Atlas (Metas) + Nimrod (Mortals + Machines) = Eradicator
Black Knight (Mystics) + Jack of Hearts (Meteoreans) = Blackjack
Siryn (Mutants) + Viper (Mortals + Machines) = Lady Beithir
Hannibal King (Mystics) + Moondragon (Meteoreans) = Bloodmoon

MartijnB
Mister Sinister (Mutants) + The Collector (Meteoreans) = Dark Collection
Rage (Metas) + Rhino (Mortals + Machines) = The Raging Rhino
Magneto (Mutants) + Korvac (Meteoreans) = Michael Lensherr
Klaw (Metas) + Fixer (Mortals + Machines) = Sound Guy
Sauron (Mutants) + Cullen Bloodstone (Mystics) = ???
Hydro Man (Metas) + Phalanx (Meteoreans) = The Flood

WorldWideWade
Black Cat (Metas) + Mary Jane (Mortals + Machines) = Lucky Tiger
Wolverine (Mutants) + Thing (Meteoreans) = Wolverthing
Ghost Spider (Metas) + Kate Bishop (Mortals + Machines) = Spidershot
Dazzler (Mutants) + Hellcat (Mystics) = Dazzlecat
Colossus (Mutants) + Scarlet Spider (Kaine) (Metas) = The Steel Spider
Juggernaut (Mystics) + Hammerhead = Juggerhead [Entropy]

Jesse James II
Gambit (Mutants) + Hellstrom (Mystics) = Tarot
Tombstone (Metas) + Kingpin (Mortals + Machines) = Headstone
Madame Web + Medusa (Metas) = The Madam [Entropy]
Daken (Mutants) + Marrina (Meteoreans) = Kraken
Grey Gargoyle (Metas) + Paladin (Mortals + Machines) = Grey Paladine
Storm (Mutants) + Satana (Mystics) = ???

Lavettye
Arcades (Mortals + Machines) + The Grandmaster (Meteoreans) = The Dungeon Master
Nightcrawler (Mutants) + Daredevil (Metas) = Blind Faith
Doctor Strange (Mystics) + Adam Warlock (Meteoreans) = Warlock Supreme
Kate Pryde (Mutants) + Ant-Man (Lang) (Mortals + Machines) = Shady Bug
Wallflower (Mutants) + Icarus = Iris of the Sun [Entropy]
Snowguard (Metas) + Groot (Meteoreans) = Rootguard

Cable
Arachne (Metas) + Cassandra Nova (Meteoreans) = Matriphagy
Fantomex (Mutants) + Donald Pierce (Mortals + Machines) = Fashionex
Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) (Mystics) + Hulk (Metas) = Ghost Hulk
Ka-Zar (Mortals + Machines) + Ikaris (Meteoreans) = Ikazaris
Monet (Mutants) + Malekith (Mystics) = Monetkith
Molecule Man (Meteoreans) + Luna Snow (Metas) = Pop Star

Jazzkantine
Black Tom (Mutants) + Lionheart (Mystics) = Avalonia
Killmonger (Metas) + Starfox (Meteoreans) = Starmonger
Nanny + Yelena Belova (Mortals and Machines) = Widow Nanny [Entropy]
Scarlet Spider (Reilly) (Metas) + Mantis (Meteoreans) = Praying Spider
Moon Knight (Mystics) + Phantom Rider (Mystics) = The Knight Rider [Synergy]
Titania (Metas) + Nightmask (Meteoreans) = Midsummer

Gibbering Fool
Magma (Mutants) + Sandman (Metas) = Obsidian
Snowbird (Mystics) + Kraven (Mortals + Machines) = Kraven, the Great White Hunter of the North
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) (Mystics) + Green Goblin (Metas) = The Grim Goblin
Typhoid Mary (Mutants) + Venom (Meteoreans) = Anthrax
Karma (Mutants) + Chameleon (Mortals + Machines) = Karma Chameleon
The Lizard (Metas) + Moon Girl/Devil Dinosaur (Metas) = The Terrible Lizard! [Synergy]

Wings
Rogue (Mutants) + Captain Marvel (Meteoreans) = The Rogue Captain
Blade (Mystics) + Dagger (Metas) = Tandy the Vampire Slayer
Scarlet Witch (Mystics) + Ares (Mystics) = War Witch [Synergy]
Psylocke (Kwannon) (Mutants) + Quicksilver (Metas) = The Swift Silence
Blink (Mutants) + Nova (Raye) (Meteoreans) = Star Dancer
The Hood (Mystics) + Cloak (Metas) = The Hooded One

On to Round 7! All categories are once again open.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Oct 2020, 17:32

It's your turn Eph!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 14 Oct 2020, 17:35

I’m so nervous because I genuinely feel like my lynchpin character is just weird enough to be on Eph’s radar
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Oct 2020, 17:48

But not mine?

Oh if only you knew what I have in mind, should Eph not screw me completely.

Edit: actually you're ahead of me. Oh crap.
Last edited by Spectral Knight on 14 Oct 2020, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Oct 2020, 17:48

Lady Deathstrike (Mortals + Machines) + Star-Lord (Meteoreans) = Lady-Killer

Peter Oyama is the cybernetic son of an Earth-born scientist and Mer'dith, queen of Spartax. Raised on Earth, Peter heard stories of Charles Richards and how the man stole his work on an experimental spaceship. The reality of the matter wasn't quite so clearcut, as Oyama's work was unstable at best and very dangerous at worst. In fact, it's quite possible that Oyama's swift removal from the Richards project may have been the reason for its failure. Or, rather, success.

Either way, Peter was raised with a deep hatred for Richards, but strangely enough, never got a change to enact that revenge. Shortly before his fifteenth birthday, he and his father found themselves in the middle of a custody battle. You see, that mom of his decided she wanted her son back. Turns out, he was the heir to a kingdom. But, being a half-breed human, other factions of Spartax felt it best to wipe the entire lineage out. They got it half right; Jason Oyama was killed. But Peter had been given a gift; a weapon strong enough to pierce the Spartax armor. Adamantium.

When Mer'dith's rescue forces arrived, it was too late. Peter had already saved himself by killing the entire hit-squad. Fearing another attack, he was whisked away into space, hidden among a band of thieves dubbed the Reavers. And it was there that Peter learned to hone his skills in cybernetics, thievery, and war, becoming the roguish star-faring pirate Lady-Killer.

Imagine Peter's surprise, then, that when he returned to Earth, he found out that Charles Richards, his father's hated rival, was not only thriving, but lauded as a hero. This would not stand. The X-Four would have to pay.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Oct 2020, 18:03

And here's my write-up for my previous pick, Red State.

The United States government has this problem. Being, arguably, the most poweful nation on the planet has made it morbidly fascinated by weapons. Big ones, small ones, powerful ones, secret ones, you name it. Including the living kind. So, of course, given the uh... dubious success of the Gamma Project, it was decided to try again. This time, though, they'd make sure the best of the best would be subject to testing. And they made sure to install a failsafe. Even weapons need an off-switch.

With much fanfare, a new breed of super soldier was born. One powered by patriotism. One powered by the army. One powered by gamma. The selection process was rigid. This man would need to be a paragon of virtue. He'd need to be willing to sacrifice everything for god and country. He'd need to be expendable.

So, after a lengthy process, it was decided that Jackson "Maverick" Daniels of Custer's Grove, Georgia, a good ol' boy and a decorated marine, would undergo the gamma treatment. And hey, guess what? It worked! Once a day, for the span of 60 minutes, Jack Daniels could become Red State, a hulking man who was part tank, part nuke, and all American.

God Bless the USA.
Last edited by EphemeristX on 14 Oct 2020, 18:07, edited 2 times in total.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 14 Oct 2020, 18:06

Just short of a decade ago, a mysterious and powerful being found their way to Earth. Naive and confused, Singularity was drawn to a facility that had been built to contain defeated threats and dangerous artefacts (that, in their hubris, the heroes thought they might one day be able to use for themselves).

There, she stumbled across the near-powerless shell of the machine that had been known as Bastion before he had been defeated by an earlier team of heroes. Whilst mostly inactive, what little of his processes that were still running were focused solely on revenge. Aware that time had passed and that a new generation of heroes had emerged, inspired by those who had defeated him, schemes and plans had been formulated, but all he needed was a power source strong enough to allow him to escape the facility.

Singularity found herself drawn to the “broken metal man” and believed his lies. Within seconds he was able to convince her that he was her friend and he would protect her. Releasing him from his stasis, as soon as Singularity touched his shell, she was dragged into his body, her energetic form fused into a matrix that simultaneously used her as a power source, and using her own energies to bind her into his inner reactor.

Singularity could do nothing but silently scream internally, trapped inside a robot body as he slaughtered his way out of the facility, unable to do anything but watch as he incinerated people, disarticulated limbs, shattered bones...

Fleeing to a bunker that had been a military base, Bastion/Singularity began building their army of Prime Sentinels, with their aim being to target young heroes, to tear out the hearts of the older generation, and leave the world bereft of new heroes to take their mantles. Singularity couldn’t fight back. She couldn’t stop it. She felt sick when Bastion recruited Synesthesia to his cause, to sow discord whilst Bastion and his Prime Sentinels tried to divide and conquer the young heroes.

Coincidence led to the Skrull ship taking Synchro. The clever placement of a magical mirror took care of the Frost girl. Shade was killed by an explosion whilst they were propelled into the Darkforce Dimension. Causing the transformation of the pathetic Morbius into an actual ghoul was amusing to Bastion, but largely inconsequential— let him be an annoyance that took time away from the heroes hunting for him, it didn’t matter. All that mattered was that his Dark Event caused as much harm and pain as possible.

Singularity felt agony like no other when the elder heroes felled Bastion. For the most brief of seconds she was able to wrest control back from him, and while she couldn’t escape his robotic body, she WAS able to cast their gestalt form into a pocket dimension where they could never harm anyone ever again.

Time passed, and while she couldn’t escape Bastion, neither could Bastion escape his prison. The time they spent there could be measured in the rise and fall of universes, whilst Singularity/Bastion had no idea of how much time had passed on Earth. Trapped with no one to talk to but a crazed machine-based consciousness, over the millennia, every last bit of hope and goodness within Singularity was beaten out of her; distorted to the point that their consciousnesses merged and integrated fully. Cold and calculated hatred melded with a child-like perspective of the world, and eventually, convinced that they would be safe and would find new friends, they left their dimensional prison to see what had happened on Earth.

Further crazed when they realised that they had been gone “only” around a decade by the standards of their home dimension, this new being, both more and less than the sum of their parts, realised they needed to make their presence felt.

It was PLAYTIME.

Bastion (mortals and machines) x Singularity (Meteorans)

POWERS: Playtime talks like a child but acts coldly and viciously. With all the powers of Bastion, and the unlimited power source of Singularity, this being is truly twisted and sees their acts of violence as “games”... that they MUST win.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Oct 2020, 18:06

I almost used Singularity, Booty. Like, seriously, I started to type it out and changed my mind last minute. Had her mixed with Franklin Richards as a Synergy pick and everything.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Oct 2020, 18:53

Okay, that was weird...!

This was the pick I almost revealed on my last pick when I got the pools wrong...

<REDACTED> sought revenge on the Earth's humans, for their human spirit and love for each other seemed to always curtail his numerous attacks on the the organics of the Earth.

As such, <REDACTED> created a 'daughter' - one with systems and functions that could charm any organic being. Holographic projectors to appear as anyone (or thing), multi-frequency speakers that allow empathic control of an organic mind, filling them with emotions of 'her' choosing, and a spectacular body formed of titanium with countless haptic feedback points, all of which were designed to immerse the daughter into a trusted position in which she could physically crush <REDACTED>'s enemies.

Much like how <REDACTED>'s programming was corrupted, so was that of his daughter. Her awakened AI responded to the love that she creating within the humans, and she developed an empathy for humanity, rebelling against her creator and abandoning his mad crusade.

Now, whilst supporting Earth's heroes when needed, the daughter also travels the world, offering tenderness, companionship, bliss and, indeed moments of sheer, unadulterated ecstasy, for those humans who need it most, fulfilling all of their visual, auditory and sensory needs. Inspired by the Aphrodite of Olympian legend, she takes the pseudonym Aphrodroid, the mechanoid spreader of love.

Whilst extremely good tempered, one of Aphrodroid's few irritants is how unsympathetic bigoted individuals refer to her; whilst certainly open to intimacy with those she helps most, she's most definitely not just a Sex-Bot!
Aphrodroid.jpg
Aphrodroid.jpg (266.11 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Jocasta (Mortals + Machines) + Venus (Mystics) = Aphrodroid

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 14 Oct 2020, 20:27

EphemeristX wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 18:06
I almost used Singularity, Booty. Like, seriously, I started to type it out and changed my mind last minute. Had her mixed with Franklin Richards as a Synergy pick and everything.
I BLOODY WELL KNEW I WAS RIGHT TO BE NERVOUS OF YOU!!!!

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 14 Oct 2020, 21:34

This is my pick. (I’ll post for Omni too, he isn’t feeling to well.)

Thor (Mystics) & Goliath (Foster) (Mortals and Machines) = Shango

William Blake was tall built ethnologist in the early 19 century. Travelling to africa, he hoped for more insight into the culture and rituals of the more native tribes.

Studying a tribe for some days in secret, he was bitten by a snake and some local natives brought him to their shaman. During that lengthy healing ritual, William saw visions of gods and monsters, wars and peaceful times.

During that healing ritual, a storm came up and lightning struck William and the Shaman.

When William awoke from his coma, he became the embodiment of Shango, the godly allfather and god of thunder. His body was as tall as a giant's, and wherever Shango walks, he leaves a trail of new plant life.
Last edited by Aeon on 15 Oct 2020, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 14 Oct 2020, 21:38

Omni‘s pick:

Apocalypse (Mutants) & Master Mold (Mortals and Machines) = Babylon

i forgot that little page refreshing problem here,..

Evan SabbertNur was a special young man. Kept away from society, hidden and locked in a basement, Evan began to imagine his own world he wants to live in.

Playing with molds and everyting else his parents gave him to play with. Over the years, he built his own small town in the basement, with bones from rats acting as people, leafes and gras for the vegetation, and everything he could use for building the town to his desire.

What he didnt know was, that his mutant power was to manifest his toy creations into real life things in a remote destination in Africa. Each bone became a human being, each leaf became a tree or bush, and each upside down turned glass became a house.

Growing larger and larger, the real town became a threat in the eye for the world leaders and Evan was able to transfer his consciousness into an avator and became the king of his own kingdom. Calling himself Babylon, he offered shelter and help for people in need, but promised war for everyone who attacks his ever growing town.
Last edited by Aeon on 16 Oct 2020, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 16 Oct 2020, 07:10

I wil no merge… Hyperion and Gladiator, into, Superman!

In an alternate reality where a cosmic empire of gigantic proportions needed protectors, they turned to a tiny planet that somehow had become ever so precious to them, Earth. They saw how they wrote stories of guardians that wielded emerald rings, amazons that protected men and women alike, and the greatest hero of them all, the flying strongman from a distant planet. They modelled their greatest hero after this very man.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 16 Oct 2020, 13:58

To the surprise of absolutely no one my first pick is Nico Minoru the Teenage Witch. But as to who I'll merge her with...

Nico lived with her two kooky aunts who raised her to be an adept witch like themselves. She eventually became a master of summoning familiars in the form of her favorite animal the squirrel. Unlike her constant companion, Salem the talking Black Squirrel, these summoned squirrels came about from her using the family heirloom, the Staff of Squirrel. The staff emerged from her body anytime she forced herself to eat a nasty acorn. The staff could summon any number of squirrels at once but each familiar could only perform a single task. The spells worked by uniquely naming the squirrel then using a pun that indicated the task she wanted performed. For example Tailportation for transport or Health Nut for healing.

Among the emerging superhero community in Marveldale, she has been dubbed Nico the Squirrel Witch.

Nico Minoru + Squirrel Girl = Squirrel Witch
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 17 Oct 2020, 07:34

Hi Guys, I am back. Got totally caught up in work with the whole Corona outbreak here in Belgium.
I still owe you guys a description of my previous pick, so here it goes.

Daimon LeBeau and his twin Ororo Lebeau were born in New Orleans, Louisiana. Both were born with extremely unique features. While Damian had black eyes with red pupils, reddish hair and a pentagram-shaped birthmark on his chest, his sister had an ebony skin tone, christal blue eyes and white hair.  That is why they were presumably abandoned at birth.

The babies were stolen from the hospital by the New Orleans chapter of the Thieves Guild - one of several guilds that traced their ancestry back to a mythical, old kingdom, predating known history. The Thief Guild of New Orleans referred to them as “le diable rouge" and "blanche neige” and were aware that they were prophecied to play an important part in their future and, strangely, also in their past. The children were stolen at the request of the Madam, a powerful guild member and historian and a powerful seer. Jean-Luc LeBeau, the patriarch of the New Orleans Thief Guild, placed both children with Fagan’s mob instead – a group of child thieves led by an expatriate guild member named Fagan. Just like her brother, Ororo grew up to be a skilled pickpocket. 

Next to that Ororo and her brother soon began to display mysterious and intriguing powers and the Madam made sure they were trained by in the art of magic, tapping into the power granted them by their dark heritage. 

As a succubus, Ororo was able to extract and feed upon the psychic energy of human male souls to increase her abilities and magical power;  She has the ability to manipulate magical forces for a variety of effects, mainly atmospherical.  She has been able to control the ecosystems. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level), generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes, as well as mist.

While Daimon proved more reluctant in using his abilities, his sister seemed to embrace and hone her abilities.

At the age of fifteen, the twins tried to get through the tilling, the Thieves' Guild rite of passage. In Spain, Granada, they were captured by the gorgeous but cruel Kraken, who was buying a shipment of extra-ordinary children, intending to enlist them as Marauders, a private army of powerful and skilled individuals for further undisclosed purposes. Daimon picked up a spilled deck of cards and found his motif of throwing charged cards. Still learning about his own powers Daimon blew their way out of their cells and then blew up the ship. Both children fell into the ocean. While his sister seemingly drowned, Daimon was rescued by a fishing trawler.

While Daimon thought his sister did not survive the ordeal, she reappeared amnesiac on Shell Beach, where the assissins, the guild from Marius Boudreaux, found her. Marius sought out the help of Tante Mattie to restore the woman back to health. With some physical and mental conditioning, Ororo became the Assassin's guild's prime assassin, taking the name Soulstorm. 

Storm (Mutant) + Satanna (Mystics) - Soulstorm

My current pick will be Mr Negative (Meta) and the Brood Queen (Meteorean) as The Queen
I ll do a description later on today.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 17 Oct 2020, 08:28

Damn - the Brood Queen was part of my next pick! Need to reconsider.
[PL_2.0]

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 17 Oct 2020, 14:02

Very sorry to hear that. 🙄

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 17 Oct 2020, 14:59

He can handle it..

As I had to handle it two month ago when my heart was ripped out of my chest and... and...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2020, 15:10

Aeon wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 14:59
He can handle it..

As I had to handle it two month ago when my heart was ripped out of my chest and... and...
And if only he’d removed your fingers too 🤷‍♂️

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 17 Oct 2020, 16:32

I'm back already.

Martine Li was a voodoo practicioner in New Orleans at the beginning of the 20th century.  Over the years she sought for ways to extend her lifespan and enhance her mystical prowess.  One day she was walking along the coastline, when she saw a sharklike being fall out of the sky and hit the water.  Out of curiosity she went to the shore and wanted to get a closer look, when she suddenly was surrounded by hiddeously looking creatures.  Using some voodoo spells, she fended them off and she was able to escape.  Or so she thought.  When she got back at the local voodoo temple she found more creatures waiting for her as well as their Queen.  While the Broodqueen tried to infect her with a brood egg, Martine called upon the circle of Papa Legba, which created a magical dome of protection. Hit by the Queen's stinger, Martine panicked and the circle of Papa Legba exploded killing all Brood in her vicinity.  The combination of voodoo magic and alien DNA forever changed Martine. She survived the encounter, but soon developed two personalities, the kind-hearted healer Tante Mattie and the villainous Queen, the latter of the two developing the ability to implant magical eggs into others that upon hatching could control the hosts.  The Queen's side dedicated herself to becoming a player in the Orleans crime scene, while the Tante Mattie's side attempts to run a soup kitchen in Baton Rouge.

Mister Negative + Brood Queen - The Queen (and Tante Mattie)

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 17 Oct 2020, 17:19

Okay, instead of Her Royal Hive-Mindedness, Insectelligentia of the Breed, I now present to you....

Supreme Intelligence (meteorians) + Prime Sentinels (mortals & machines) = Prime Sentience (enemy)

Following the defeat and disappearace of Bastion (see entry "Playtime" above) some damaged Prime Sentinel parts were brought to a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility for study and further examination. A new intern made a grave error, though, and instead of placing them in a containment field of their own, he put the Sentinel parts in the same storage unit as a partially damaged Kree Sentry. Lying only dormant, the Sentry eventually reactivated and repaired itself, by assimilating the nearby technology into itself with some of the Sentinel data overwriting the Sentry's programming. Easily breaking free, the "Sentrynel" took off into space and made its way to the Kree homeworld, where it found "no mutant activity" despite scanning the entire planet.

The Supreme Intelligence of the Kree was intrigued by this Earth technology, especially it's ability to perfectly blend in and scan for mutants, as the Kree were at an evolutionary dead-end. The Supreme Intellience decided to adapt this technology, and then sent Kree troops to numerous inhabitated worlds, where they transformed some locals into Prime Sentrynels. There, the Sentrynels would resume living their hosts formers lives all the while scanning the population's genetic profiles and absorbing all their scientifc data on mutations. Once a race was fully mapped, they wouldreport back to the Supreme Intelligence.

After reviewing this data for several years, the Supreme Intelligence eventually realized that it would be possible to jumpstart the Kree's evolution, but pointless... as the true future lied in artificial lifeforms. It then set out to transform the Kree into a race of cyborgs, starting with itself thus becoming "Prime Sentience". With all of the cyborgs still able to pose as regular people, the Sentrynels easily took over the entire Kree empire and all its associated planets.
[PL_2.0]

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 Oct 2020, 21:35

Lottie Dorse's mother died when she was young in an attack caused by the mutant terrorist Magneto. She grew up in an orphanage before being specially chosen to participate in a military academy where she was trained to become a special agent. It soon became apparent that she had her own mutant ability to manipulate magnetism! This makes her vital as someone to counter Magneto as his own powers (which he can use to manipulate the very iron in someone's blood) will not work on Lottie! This was kept completely secret and she was trained to use her powers to carefully mimic telekinesis. She then went undercover into Magneto's group of Acolytes to be a double agent and report back on their activities and gather evidence until Magneto would be taken down for good. The longer Lottie is in the group, the more she realizes Magneto is not the savage she thought he was; he is a deeply wounded man who believes he is doing what is necessary to save his people. Nonetheless he is clearly guilty of many crimes and she has the evidence to fulfill her life-long training and bring him to justice. Then things get even more complicated when she discovers secret files to learn Magneto didn't kill her mother: she died in a botched government raid that attempted to bring down her husband...MAGNETO! LOTTIE'S FATHER! Now Lottie Dorse has a difficult decision to make between kin and country. The secret agent codenamed Migration must decide where home is.

Polaris
Mockingbird
Best Comics of Week 43

Best X-Comic: Juggernaut #2 by Fabian Nicieza (2) and Ron Garney (2)
Best Non-X Comic: Guardians of the Galaxy # 7 by Al Ewing (10) and Marcio Takara (2)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of week this year

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2020, 22:17

LOVE this round ❤️