Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel & DC Teen Warp Draft--Side posts and smack talk!

Want to invite new players to your role-playing/ Draft / Betrayal game?Needing help starting one? want to join one? This is the place to talk and participate
Aeon

Re: Marvel & DC Teen Warp Draft--Side posts and smack talk!

Post by Aeon » 23 Nov 2019, 12:48

Magik84 wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 12:29
I was quite happy with my Danny the Street & xavin combo, that's why I used it early,. Penny Lane is a cool name. Naming the new characters is hardest part for me.

I did have an idea for Goldballs but then realised he wasn't on the list.
I think that somewhere at the beginning booty said we can add characters because he might miss some on the list.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 23 Nov 2019, 12:49

Found it

-If a character isn’t on the list? You can’t pick them. It’s that simple. Please don’t argue with me because whilst I love an argument, I will come to your house and shave your eyebrows off. M’kay? M’kay.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 23 Nov 2019, 14:57

Um, that's the opposite. Booty clearly said "If a character isn’t on the list? You can’t pick them. It’s that simple."

------

Indeed, Penny Lane would have been a great name. You could have combined the Street with Speedball or M (both have used the name Penance)
[PL_2.0]

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 23 Nov 2019, 15:34

:shock: :shock: :o :o

Oh.. „can’t“ is no?

Whooopsie!!!

:lol: :lol:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Nov 2019, 02:19

If BC doesnt post by tomorrow morning it's Anna Raven's turn.

EDIT: BC went so it is Anna's turn.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 25 Nov 2019, 16:26

Ugh. I had such a cool pick lined up for Kid Briton! You slayed me, Aeon! :lol:
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 25 Nov 2019, 23:00

EphemeristX wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 16:26
Ugh. I had such a cool pick lined up for Kid Briton! You slayed me, Aeon! :lol:
I think it’s okay if you post your warp here.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 26 Nov 2019, 01:37

I've been playing a crapton of Magic: The Gathering lately so I appreciate seeing Chandra and Vivian.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 29 Nov 2019, 13:23

Wings' 48 hours will be up in 15 minutes and I already PMed him yesterday... so I think we can move on to WorldWideWade.
[PL_2.0]

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 29 Nov 2019, 15:23

I got a feeling that there are now at least three people who sent wings a message.

Someone else? :lol:

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 29 Nov 2019, 16:21

I just withdrew mine... he hadn't read it yet, and there's no sense in filling up his messagebox with old info.
[PL_2.0]

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 30 Nov 2019, 20:00

Posted my last warp. Whoo! I was quite pleased with most of my warps.
For Color Kid, he was the character I was originally going to pair with Goldballs and their power would have been to project different color balls with each color having a different affect. When I realised Goldballs wasn't there, I was looking for another "useless" hero to work with and then fitted it in with Butterball. With the picture I was lazy, I had a Butterball from a early draft so just added the triangle of colour!
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 01 Dec 2019, 04:07

Well my turn snuck up on me, this round has been a bit sluggish. I'll have something posted later today. Just Xmas shopping now

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 01 Dec 2019, 05:13

Overall happy with all of my warps.

I ended up going for less a team and more a collection of characters in a story. Some of them would be more involved than others, but some are just kind of what I would like to see in comics. People who are less heroes and more super people living ordinary lives. Sam isn't a superhero here. He's just an electrician with a unique skill suited for the job and who wants to help his sister. Valkyrie is just a young girl with the ability to help people ease into their deaths.

I had a few warps planned to be connected more, but I had the worst ability to pick characters that'd already been picked. Thus, those plans fell apart. Zara was supposed to know people from her League of Assassins days. Joseph was supposed to have a heroic archrival.

I did keep looking at Spider-Man though. It blew my mind no one picked him, but I suppose he's much more known as an adult than a teenage hero at this point.

Had a ton of fun with this draft though. Figuring out how to use characters I'm flat out not familiar with was fun purely for getting a deep dive of Legion lore. There are so many weird characters in that group.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 01 Dec 2019, 10:57

So there's only two warps left: hotknives and Wings, who got skipped earlier this round.

I'm mosty happy with my warps too. For me, the most fun part was doing the visuals, and I got to do eleven designs overall, as three were destroyed by other players picking one of the involved characters before I could. I think Smithereens is the weakest of my bunch, but that's to be expected from a left-overs round. MoneM turned to be really good, given that he was a make-shift replacement when two other warp ideas went down the hill. Actually I don't like too powerful characters, but when many other of my DC favorites were picked left and right, I ended up using two of the Legion's big three, Mon-El and Ultra Boy. It was somewhat surprising they were both still available at those points in the game, whereas all versions of Superboy had been taken quite soon.

The teenage theme definately got lost for me; about half of my characters don't look like teens. Maybe it's due to the fact that many of the listed people were teenagers upon introduction, but are mostly considered adults nowadays, just like token said.

Looking forwards to BC's attempt at a shared narrative.
[PL_2.0]

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 02 Dec 2019, 08:21

I corrected my last pick. I meant Phantasm not Phantom. I also added a little bio