Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Betrayal Game #76: Murder in Manhattan

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
Wings

Betrayal Game #76: Murder in Manhattan

Post by Wings » 12 Jan 2018, 17:41

It had been meant to be just a regular night. Or as regular as things got in the life of Jessica Jones, owner and sole P.I. of Alias Investigations. Tonight, all she had planned to do was to get through the mountain of paperwork that had overtaken her office and get home before Danny and Luke fell asleep during an A-Team marathon with every electrical device in the apartment left on.

But the voice on the phone sounded antsy. Shaken. Scared. So Jessica had decided to follow the tip. According to her source it was one of the current locations of the Bar With No Name. She spotted the Baxter Building and the former Avengers Tower in the distance. Once upon a time, villains would have been scared to set up shop here. Not anymore.

As she approached the door of the building, Jessica readied herself for a fight. She'd been through hell the past few weeks, between Diamondback, the Dark Dimension and the Purple Man. She figured she could take whichever C-List villains were inside.

And yet as the door gave way and Jessica stepped inside, she gasped. Inside were bodies, costumed and bloody. Whirlwind, Grey Gargoyle, the Corrupter, the Brothers Grimm...and there pinned to the corpse of the Shocker was a list of names, a list of heroes, Jessica's own name written at the top.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, welcome to the sign-ups for Murder in Manhattan! A group of villains dead, and Jessica Jones has found a list with your names on it. Will you solve the mystery of who commited this awful act, or will you fall victim to the perpetrator yourself?

This game wil be back to basics. Public voting. No powers save perhaps a Paranoia Kill.

The Rules
(as explained by das_boot in the discussion thread):

a player is the killer and must attempt to kill everyone else’s character
-a new character is killed each round. A round consists of two-three days or until everyone has voted for Who they think is the killer, but that depends on the host. Votes for suspects can be done privately or publicly, depending on the host.
-The killer contacts the host before the next round goes up, telling them who they want the host to kill off next.
-once a character reaches the required amount of votes to force a revelation, they must declare their guilt or innocence. A revelation of innocence means that the killer gets an extra kill the next round.
-The host may choose to hand out a role called “paranoia kill”, where a player who is NOT the killer gets a one-shot role that allows them to kill the player that they suspect is the killer. If they guess incorrectly, they’re killed off in the next host post.
- the players win if they correctly identify the killer. The killer wins if they manage to eliminate everyone. The host wins by hosting a game that contains challenging clues, but is fair to both the killer and the players.

Aside from their votes for the killer, players may add as much or as little to their posts as they wish. For simplicity's sake, characters who are dead or missing in current continuity will not be allowed (the likes of Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic etc are off-limits). All other heroes may be chosen by players, aside from Jessica Jones who will be serving as my in-game avatar as moderator/host.

Sign-ups will stay open until 9PM Greenwich Mean Time on Tuesday the 16th of January.

Hope to see you all in the mean streets of New York!

The Players
MartijnB- Starfox
unused_bagels- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
hotknives- Emma Frost
das_boot- Jubilee
Liquid Nitrogen- Echo
WorldWideWade- Kingpin
gardien- Iceman (Time-Displaced)

EDIT: Sign-ups have been extended.
Last edited by Wings on 18 Jan 2018, 12:44, edited 9 times in total.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

MartijnB

Re: Betrayal Game #76: Murder in Manhattan

Post by MartijnB » 13 Jan 2018, 08:09

In for sure, give me time to think of a character

out of interest, are you trying to gather interest with PM's?

Wings

Post by Wings » 13 Jan 2018, 09:45

MartijnB wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 08:09
In for sure, give me time to think of a character

out of interest, are you trying to gather interest with PM's?
Yeah, I haven't sent any out yet but planning to send some PM's out this morning :)
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 13 Jan 2018, 10:53

Decisions decisions!! Any living character? Too generous. I'll make it obvious and stick to someone who's based in New York and Small potatoes enough to answer JJ. Luke cage? I played him recently enough for it to still be my Avatar. Daredevil? Tempting. But you know who answers more to JJ than you might realize?

Spider-Man.

Get it? Right? Because...

Look just sign me up for your friendly neighborhood betrayal game. I'll bring my camera, take some crime scene photos of the bodies, real tasteful.
Eighty percent of the time, it works every time.

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 14 Jan 2018, 08:20

ok here is my train of thought

I am really reading only 1 Marvel book at the moment as it happens, and part of me was thinking the best way to do a hero justice is to have someone of whom I am up to full speed of their current status quo.

The one Marvel book I am reading is Thanos, which isn't really stuffed with heroes to begin with.

But it DID feature Starfox.

Now part of me is thinking Starfox would be an odd choice in this context.

Another part of me is thinking that happens in comics all the time and really often leads to interesting situations.

Give me Starfox!

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 15 Jan 2018, 14:14

Wahoo! Emma Frost please
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Wings

Post by Wings » 15 Jan 2018, 15:42

Your wish is my command!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 15 Jan 2018, 17:00

Hmmmm

Jubilee, please
UNCANON WRITERS-- Kick me for feedback

"After all these years, how do you not instinctively fear me?" -- Veronica Mars

Liquid Nitrogen

Post by Liquid Nitrogen » 16 Jan 2018, 18:29

She died, twice, but she lives once more
Echo please

I haven't been here in forever, but I'm always up for some good old betrayal
Cause Physics!

Wings

Post by Wings » 16 Jan 2018, 22:11

Right, given we have 5 players at present, I'm going to extend sign-ups and try and get another few people to sign up. If I can get up to 8 or 9 players I'll launch the game, hopefully before the week is out. I believe I have a sixth confirmed player who hasn't managed to sign up yet, so I just need another 2 or 3 people.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 16 Jan 2018, 22:26

I haven't played one of these before but I'd be up for trying it out.

I'll take Kingpin.
Cosmic Draft: Marvel Family
Captain Mar-Vell, Phyla-Vell, Genis-Vell, Ronan

Pull List:
Astonishing X-men, Generation X, Iceman, Hawkeye, Champions, Ms. Marvel, Marvel 2-in-1, Dr Strange, Runaways, Moon Knight, Rogue & Gambit, Legion

Wings

Post by Wings » 16 Jan 2018, 22:32

Welcome to the Betrayal Games, WorldWideWade! Hope to make sure it's an enjoyable experience :)

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 17 Jan 2018, 09:31

... I always fucking love the teams that come out of RPG's with such liberal entry requirements... I'm not even sarcastic either, this is the sort of team I'd need if I'd ever pick up fan fiction lol

Wings

Post by Wings » 17 Jan 2018, 22:04

"My high-school crush, the city's biggest crime lord turned mayor, a dead teammate, the X-Men's disgraced queen bee, a vampiric single mom and...Thanos' brother?! What the hell, have you gone and gotten yourself involved in, Jones?"

gardien

Post by gardien » 18 Jan 2018, 03:22

I'll play as O5 Bobby please.
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger, Jubilee, Pixie/Nightmare, Lil' Slim (05 Cyclops), Kid Gladiator, Armor, Gardien (Nature Girl), Viewtiful (Eye Boy), Velocidad

"Prepare for tales from the Generation NeXt!!"

Wings

Post by Wings » Today, 11:06

Hey guys, I'm just waiting for the approval of a friend's account so they can sign up and then I'll get the game underway. In the meantime, if anyone would like to volunteer to be the killer, feel free to shoot me a PM. Apologies again for the delay.